Discussion Thread

If you have any comments, suggestions, or simply wish to discuss this mod, go here. (Why is there no "discuss this mod" link on download pages by default? Uploading a file automatically creates a thread, so why not link to it?)

I usually just click on the "Support Topic" button in the "File Information" box... though "Support" doesn't sound like a place for chatting and discussion, it points to the same thread  :)

Where do I install the Bodyslide file, MO tells me that there are no data in it.

MO warns you that the files you are adding to you Data-Folder will not be used by Skyrim (i.e. no meshes/textures/etc.). That's totally fine as the Bodyslide files are only used by Bodyslide, which in turn creates files that Skyrim uses  ;)

@Topic: I haven't tested your mod yet but it sounds cool enough that I want to try it... some time when I'm patient enough to setup my Skyrim experience again  :blush:

Hello Raislin1,

First thanks for this mod. Its features are really great : diversity of pubic hair for NPC and PC, matching hair color, good integration with armor and clothes (non revealing armor 'hiding' the hair) ...

I just experimented an issue : the meshes doesn't scale accordingly to the weight of the charracter.

It seems due to that the field 'weight slider - Female' for each item of "Armor addon" is set to "unkown" (for unknown reason). Setting it with TesEdit5 to "enable" seems resolve this issue.

Regards.

Thanks for pointing this out! Thankfully it was an easy fix, and I've uploaded corrected versions. :)

I've been working on a patch to fix the pubic hair color issue.

So far, it will correctly change the color of the pubic hair for the player when they take off their clothes and the pubic hair is equipped. It will also change the color of the pubic hair for female NPCs -- but only if the player is naked. I have no idea why this is the case.

I'll post the patch here if anyone else wants to mess around with it. The patch includes an updated ESP for version 1.2, and a really simple script.

My suspicion is that doing this properly will require an SKSE plugin.

PHF Recolor Patch.7z

I've been working on a patch to fix the pubic hair color issue.

So far, it will correctly change the color of the pubic hair for the player when they take off their clothes and the pubic hair is equipped. It will also change the color of the pubic hair for female NPCs -- but only if the player is naked. I have no idea why this is the case.

I'll post the patch here if anyone else wants to mess around with it. The patch includes an updated ESP for version 1.2, and a really simple script.

My suspicion is that doing this properly will require an SKSE plugin.

That's awesome! :D

I just tried it out, and for the player it works great. However, it looks like it's still using the player's hair color for the NPC's. I guess what the script does is run the color update constantly(?) rather than only upon editing hair color. The script would need to be expanded to tell characters to use their own hair color for everything that uses the hair tint (if that's even possible, though I suspect it probably is).

It is a nice fix for sure, though. I'll see about setting up the different ESP's with it at some point and I'll update.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone who has downloaded and supported this. Apparently it's currently second in the Top Downloads. I never really expected it to be as popular as it is. :)

That's awesome! :D

I just tried it out, and for the player it works great. However, it looks like it's still using the player's hair color for the NPC's. I guess what the script does is run the color update constantly(?) rather than only upon editing hair color. The script would need to be expanded to tell characters to use their own hair color for everything that uses the hair tint (if that's even possible, though I suspect it probably is).

It is a nice fix for sure, though. I'll see about setting up the different ESP's with it at some point and I'll update.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone who has downloaded and supported this. Apparently it's currently second in the Top Downloads. I never really expected it to be as popular as it is. :)

It only runs the color update when the pubic hair is equipped. And you're right, apparently it is colouring NPCs with the player's hair color.

I tried using QueueNiNodeUpdate to get the NPCs hair color to update properly, but it only works for the hair on their head.

I also poked around in the source code for SKSE. It looks like there is a function for updating hair color on any actor, but it hasn't been made available in papyrus yet. So it might be possible to fix this when the next version of SKSE comes out.

It only runs the color update when the pubic hair is equipped. And you're right, apparently it is colouring NPCs with the player's hair color.

I tried using QueueNiNodeUpdate to get the NPCs hair color to update properly, but it only works for the hair on their head.

I also poked around in the source code for SKSE. It looks like there is a function for updating hair color on any actor, but it hasn't been made available in papyrus yet. So it might be possible to fix this when the next version of SKSE comes out.

That would be nice for sure. I guess it hasn't been a priority because it's incredibly rare to need a piece of equipment to match hair color. At most it might apply to something like a hood with attached hair that uses the player's hair color (such as the one Princess of the Woods uses), but that is only something the player would ever equip anyway. Still, we know it's possible because it works when Painted Lady is applied to NPC's, so there is definitely a way.

I did notice the script you wrote messes with bodypaints a bit. Not sure if that was intended, but it seems to cause them to become lighter, at least for a limited time.

Okay, I examined how Painted Lady works, and I think a combined approach would work really well. I see two possible ways of doing this.

Method 1:

Make the PHF schlong invisible. When it is equipped, a script runs that adds a new headpart to the lady and then calls QueueNiNodeUpdate(). The headpart would use the beard slot, just like Painted Lady.

• Advantage: simple, and doesn't require patching SOS or using an SKSE plugin
  • Disadvantage: might cause the grey-face bug.
  • Disadvantage: it may take a moment or two for the pubic hair to appear after stripping.

Method 2:

Attach the headpart to the lady permanently, just like Painted Lady does. Patch SOS_ActorMagicEffect_Script so that for PHF, it does the opposite of what it normally does -- when the lady is naked, it unequips an item from slot 52. This item in slot 52 will have no mesh, its only purpose is to hide the pubic hair when the lady is wearing non-revealing clothing.

• Advantage: wont cause the grey-face bug.
  • Disadvantage: complicated, and it requires a patch to one of SOS's scripts.

This is a surprisingly complex problem.

I've messaged B3lisario asking if I can check out the source code to the Painted Lady SKSE plugin. It may provide a more elegant solution. But I firmly believe that combining the techniques used in Painted Lady with Schlongs of Skyrim will result in something superior to either alone.

• 1 month later...

We've fallen behind here because of the forum issues, but I'll upload the latest version here.

Here are the main points from the last few posts on the other site:

• 1.3 released, includes markdf's script, which causes the pubic hair to change to the hair color upon being equipped. Not perfec1t, still doesn't apply to NPCs
  • If you're using another body type, you can simply replace the pubic hair meshes, since SOS is simply looking for filenames
  • The difference between this mod and Painted Lady is that in Painted Lady the pubic hair is attached to the head hair (similar to beards on men) so it always knows to use the hair's color, but in PHF the pubic hair is effectively just a piece of equipment marked to use hair color. Since Skyrim doesn't know whose hair color it's supposed to use, however, it just grabs the PC's hair color.
  • markdf's solutions (above) look interesting, if not somewhat complex. We're hoping SKSE does something in the future to allow for better use of hair tint. There actually exists a "HairTint R G B" console command, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Hello. I have a problem with thi smod, hair does not appear. I use CBBE HDT, and bodyslide. I donloaded 12 mb file for CBBE and installed it after SOS and tun Loot. I see no hair on females and i don't see any option in racemenu "Hair" section for it. There is only Head hairstyles there.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you make it so the AIO and the other version use the same plugin name, to keep compatibility with Milk Mod Economy (since that only checks for SOS - Pubic Hair for Females Addon.esp and not the other).

Can Milk Mod Economy not be set up to look for the AIO version instead? I may do this, though you could also just rename the file yourself. :P

Have you considered making something similar to this but for males?

Not really. I tried messing around with a new 3D pubic hair mesh that was released on the Nexus a few weeks ago, but it glitched out the schlongs. Otherwise I have no real interest in setting that up.

Hello. I have a problem with thi smod, hair does not appear. I use CBBE HDT, and bodyslide. I donloaded 12 mb file for CBBE and installed it after SOS and tun Loot. I see no hair on females and i don't see any option in racemenu "Hair" section for it. There is only Head hairstyles there.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong? Thanks.

The pubic hair styles are not found in racemenu. They're found in MCM under "Schlongs of Skyrim".

Can you make it so the AIO and the other version use the same plugin name, to keep compatibility with Milk Mod Economy (since that only checks for SOS - Pubic Hair for Females Addon.esp and not the other).

Can Milk Mod Economy not be set up to look for the AIO version instead? I may do this, though you could also just rename the file yourself. :P

I did that in my load order ofc, i meant for endusers. When i wrote the patch for MME i wasn't aware the AIO used another name and the MME author is semi-afk due to FO4...
  • 1 month later...

sorry for the stupid question but...  why i don't se any hair on my PC ?

i tried both with and without the all-style-in-one pack but not only i have no idea about how to customize the hair for my PC, but she hasn't even the default bush hair of her race (Breton).

anything i should do besides installing the mod and activating it in NMM ?

i tried both with and without the all-style-in-one pack but not only i have no idea about how to customize the hair for my PC, but she hasn't even the default bush hair of her race (Breton).

It's a plugin for Schlongs of Skyrim, so if you don't have that installed you need to install it. After that it should be as easy as installing and activating it.

It's a plugin for Schlongs of Skyrim, so if you don't have that installed you need to install it. After that it should be as easy as installing and activating it.

i've been useng SOS for long time, today i updated it to latest version... it's in my load order just before this addon...

--------------------------------------------- edit --------------------------------------

when i re-entered game the pubic hair appeared after a while...  i don't know how it happened...  it's a strip instead of a bush but it's OK... 

i'll try to understand what happened :P

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I feel some of the people who have commented here knows what they're doing, so it's worth a shot :)

Recently started using EFF (Extensible Follower Framework) and it allows you to apply bodypaint/scars/tattoos/uunp morphs/weaponstyles etc to your followers by using its functions. At the time it doesn't allow you to actually change hairstyles, but it would be nice if anyone with the tech savvy could make it possible to apply stuff like Painted Lady Redone through this menu. It should by my logic actually apply the hair color if done properly. It's not something you would use on every npc so this mod wouldn't be redundant, but it would let you customize the few followers you drag around with you.

Not sure at all if this is possible, just throwing it out there :)

Is it ok if I upload an edited .esp plus some mesh & texture files that make your addon compatible with males aswell? Here's a pic;

post-196669-0-10961000-1456338048_thumb.jpg

Using the pubic hair for SoS model from the Nexus that I edited onto the VP Muscular shape aswell so it makes more sense for orcs & nords and such. Not gonna get any kind of hair color matching but it should be cool nonetheless. 

I'm a little confused. Where is the download for version 1.3b (AIO)? I only see 1.3(AIO). The plugin name is not the same, so I'm assuming it's the outdated version according to the change log.

Can anyone direct me to the correct download?

Thanks.

I apologize, apparently I hadn't actually uploaded 1.3b. Not sure how that happened, but it's there now.

Version 1.3b has the same name as the non-AIO version, as requested for compatibility with other mods.

I'm a little confused. Where is the download for version 1.3b (AIO)? I only see 1.3(AIO). The plugin name is not the same, so I'm assuming it's the outdated version according to the change log.

Can anyone direct me to the correct download?

Thanks.

I apologize, apparently I hadn't actually uploaded 1.3b. Not sure how that happened, but it's there now.

Version 1.3b has the same name as the non-AIO version, as requested for compatibility with other mods.

It probably got lost in the site rollback :)