*DELETED*

Kendo 2

Thanks Kendo. It is nice to have followers wtih quests. Really helps makes them feel part of the world.

Thanks for the comment.  :)

It always sort of bothered me with player made followers being that by default.  Adding a little vanilla-style immersion at least makes having them around mean something.  Giving them a back story you can learn in-game and an associated quest allows players to reflect back on how they met the NPC and why they are a follower.

The mod has been updated:

A new follower has been added along with some script, faction and AI clean up.

@ to the people following the mod.  Sorry for all of the 'pointless' updates today.  Don't blame me (well, you can). blame the forum mechanics and it not taking the fonts sizes I wanted.  It only took maybe 12 attempts to get everything laid out right.  :angry:

Hi, I also liked the backstory idea, giving a follower a reason to be here, and better yet, a reason to stick around.

I was able to achieve the first two fairly easily, but I simply cannot get the mage college character to appear or activate or anything. 

In fact, she does not even appear in a console search.

did I break something or is it just not there to be found?

I'm going to post help in a spoiler.  Please reply the same way.  :)

Phinis gave you the quest, you traveled to Sunderstone Gorge and you killed the vanilla bad guys.  You either talked to the praying Old Wizard and he attacked you or you killed him outright.  Then you touched the book and Valry appeared.  You two had a little chat and she followed you back to the College.  You talk to other people, get the run-around and finally Valry is your follower.  At what point did things go wrong?

Well it sucks when things don't work and I hate it when it happens to me.  I almost feel cheated.  Sorry it is happening to some of you.

Do this in the console:

GetStage K2FollowerQuest03

If the old man is dead the stage should be 15.

If it isn't, then console:

SetStage K2FollowerQuest03 15

That should make the references enable/disable and you can get the book.

The quest stages go in increments of 5.

:(  Upsetting this worked for me and people are having problems with one aspect of Valry's quest.  I will focus on doing some research to find better way to script what I have for that segment.  I apologize to those having issues.

@quasimodo

Yes, the learning curve is painfully obvious from the first quest I did to the this last one.  I'm still in the process of teaching myself as I go.  Sometimes it's fun, others not so much.  Thank you downloading and commenting.

Well, to test the mod I went into my data folder and deleted all of the files from this mod.  I then installed the mod as if I was downloading it for the first time.  Everything worked for all three followers, though I did notice I have one quest update that doesn't quite make sense if two of the NPCs it refers to aren't in the same location.  That I can fix.  What I can't fix is something that isn't broken in my game.

I hate when this happens because I have been on the receiving end of a mod working for everyone but me.  It's frustrating but there is little I can do about it other than redoing the Valry quest.  That's something I really don't want to do.  I feel bad that some of you might be having trouble, but sometimes that's just the way it is.

I haven´t even dared to look into scripting, so everybody doing this sees me bowing down deeply. Skyrim is one very complex game and even more so when you add a mod into an already heavily modded game, so scripts may "hang up" somewhere nobody would guess.

Anyway, Valry is just that special bit different from many other followers, so I will definitely keep her. 

• 3 months later...

Archived