Issues with SOS and SexLab, made things worse...

TigerEyes33

Hey there,

So I'm having issues with getting SOS working, and all I've done from following several different fixes (SOS Troubleshooting, SexLab troubleshooting, Mod Organizer guides, etc.) is to make my females have permanent underwear again. I'm not certain what the best log/information is to help with troubleshooting, but I'll try and explain the issue.

I have CBBE, HDT, and HDT BBP installed, and they were working fine with SexLab. SoS has never worked for me, though it's not giving me an error about updating the version anymore. Any options I look for in the MCM have "No Schlong" as the only option, I'm not using a custom race, the ESPs are activated (all three versions installed), and I have SoS higher in the load order than SexLab. Before the female actor was nude, but the male had permanent underwear on. I've never received a notice of NPCs or anyone being "Schlongified."

Now I tried to use BodySlide to modify some armor, and apparently activated permanent underwear on the female model as well. I've tried reinstalling SoS, SexLab, CBBE, and Better Males, but none of these made a difference. When I use RaceMenu, if I change genital size it just makes a bigger or smaller bulge in the underwear, but I can't remove them there either.

I feel like every troubleshooting guide out there assumes that you're at least getting characters "Schlongified," and the only two posts that mention permanent underwear that I've managed to find are talking about a custom race (my PC is a Breton).

Please let me know if I can post any logs or more information to help fix this, but I'm out of ideas. Thanks!

First of all, if you installed Better Males at any time, you have pretty much screwed yourself there, as it's completely incompatible with SOS and would have overwritten the meshes.  So, first uninstall better males.  

Let's talk versions: what version of SexLab, SOS, SKSE, JContainers and RaceMenu are you using?  What skeleton are you using?  Default SOS or something else?  And are you trying to just schlongify your males, or your females?  If "no schlong" is the only option, what do you have under Data/Mesh/actors/character/character assets/SOS ?

I'm suspecting one of 3 things: you either didnt install right, you have an incompatible skeleton (probably from better males), or you have incompatible versions going on.

oh, to fix your female underwear, try uninstalling and reinstalling CBBE.  Dont mess with bodyslide again until you have everything else fixed.

Oh, and start taking backups of your Data folder so that when you screw yourself, you can at least restore from your backup.

Thanks for responding.

Uninstalled Better Males (is there another way to have non-vanilla male faces that look decent?), tried reinstalling CBBE again (chose "None" as underwear option). No change to the issue, still getting "No Schlongs" and permaundies on male and female.

SexLab 1.60 hotfix 2 full

SoS 3.00.004

RaceMenu 3.3

ShowRaceMenu Alternative 3.0.0

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 3.2

SKSE 1.7.3

JContainers 3.2.4

CBBE 3.4f

The Character Assets file has Smurf Average, VectorPlexus Muscular, and VectorPlexus Regular. Just trying to schlongify the males for now.

Pretty damn odd.  So...you reinstalled CBBE and the females still have underwear and you said to install without underwear.  So...if you use Nifskope and open up Data/meshes/actors/character/character_assets/femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif, do those meshes have an underwear mesh, or are they nude?  If they have underwear, then there is something wrong with how your mods are getting installed, and it isn't really installing the files where they belong.  Try manually installing CBBE (it's a bit hard, but doable), or using another installer (like NMM if you are using MO, or MO if you are using NMM).  What's worse, if they ARE nude, but still show up with underwear in your game, then something is seriously horked up somewhere...like it's finding another mesh somewhere else somehow.

Also, if the females have underwear, is it part of the body mesh, or is it clothing that you can remove (unequipall in console)?  If it's clothing, and the female mesh doesent have an underwear mesh, then that suggests that some other mod is getting in the way.  

Going back to SOS, what happens if you do a Reset SOS in the MCM menu?

Also, if you use Nifskope and open Data/meshes/actors/character/character_assets/malebody_0.nif and malebody_1.nif, do the meshes have the "hole in the hip" where the schlong would go?  It should, otherwise the wrong meshes are installed, and you might have to try to install manually.

What happens if you start a new game?  Anything different?

What happens if you try to equip a schlong via the console?  player.additem xx000D77 1  where XX is wherever SOS is in your load order.  Oh, and I trust that you are NOT trying to use SAM and SOS together (because you can't).  And that you don't yet have revealing armor installed (mostly just to try to narrow down the problem).

The only other thing I can think of to do is to start narrowing down the problem by removing all your mods, and starting a new game.  Then add 1 mod at a time.  For example, what happens if the only mod you have installed is CBBE, does it work?  What happens if the ONLY mod you have installed is SOS?  Does it work?  Then start adding things like sexlab, racemenu, etc.  (Racemenu can cause lots of problems, btw, it's pretty testy).

Re: faces, you can use Geonox's...you can use the FACES only ones that are on the Better Males page, but do NOT install any of the body ones from Better Males.  But don't do that until you get your issues worked out.  1 thing at a time.

Okay, so tried some things out and yet AGAIN broke something that wasn't having issues before.

The female permanent underwear was from a preset slider that I managed to add underwear to in BodySlide. CBBE reinstall didn't get rid of it because it was overriding, so pretty easy fix there.

I have a clean save, so I made a profile (using Mod Organizer if that wasn't obvious) just enabling SkyUI and the Unofficial Patches. Successful schlong. I then opened the clean save on default profile (all mods I normally have on), and I still have a schlong. Now though, both in my normal save and the clean one, the SexLab animations have them just staring at each other while the moan sounds play. My primary file still has no schlong, even after I changed the load order to have SoS immediately after SkyUI.

From what it sounds like, the SexLab animation issue is common at least, but the inability of my primary save to correctly load SoS is baffling, since there are no other differences. The only other thing I can think of is that my .ini is somehow interfering on that profile, but if that were the case it shouldn't work to load the clean save with default profile.

Restarting SoS doesn't do anything. I tried uninstalling, going into current save, saving, and then reinstalling, but it crashed whenever I tried to save. I feel like if I could get it to run first-time initialization again something might change. I tried uninstalling RaceMenu, but that didn't seem to have any effect (it's still installed when it works on the clean save).

So...re: the save where everything works except sexlab animations, that might get fixed if you run FNIS for Users again.

It certainly sounds like something is up with Mod Organizer (which I dont use, so I cant comment on it, though people bitch about NMM, I find it easier to use).

So...re: the save where everything works except sexlab animations, that might get fixed if you run FNIS for Users again.

It certainly sounds like something is up with Mod Organizer (which I dont use, so I cant comment on it, though people bitch about NMM, I find it easier to use).

Okay, so I managed to get the FEMALE animation working again for SL, but the male one's broken still (he stands there, still schlongless mind you, idling calmly and staring her down while she goes at it XD)

Did want to share a screenshot of...some kind of sexual position...that happened while I was trying to fix things.

post-965872-0-96938200-1443848857_thumb.jpg

Edit: Also jackin it in the sky.

post-965872-0-40413200-1443849675_thumb.jpg

I recognize that animation.  I have had issues with that particular animation before.  More importantly, that male mesh and texture is very telling.  That isn't the SOS mesh/texture.  That doesnt even look like the SOS underwear.  That looks more like vanilla or something else.  Which tells me that SOS is definitely not installed right, or something has overlayed it.

WE HAVE SCHLONG!

Just going to post resolution here since it might help someone else :)

The texture thing was my bad, in my attempts to replicate the new game save I put the MO install order before Optimized Vanilla Textures. Fixed that, still had no schlong, but my previous fix got the SexLab animations working at least.

What I ended up doing was the full uninstallation process from the SoS mod page ("Remove SoS" in mod config, make a save, remove all SoS mods/files, restart, save again, then install the files again, start up). I think something I did with the initial settings made it impossible for me to do anything to adjust afterward, regardless of restarting. Works like a charm now, though I need to figure out how to either have it detect collisions (ala the new UUNP mod) or align so that there isn't so much clipping :P

Thanks again for the help!

Archived