Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs: Khajiit, Argonians, Human/Elf

If you mark "model space normal maps" in the shader flags for a Trishape, the alpha channels of the _msn normal files are ignored, and the specular texture is given by a seperate _sk texture file. If the shader is set to use tangent normals, then the alpha channel of the normal map is the specular map.

As a note, I don't really know why the bodies use model space normals.. for things without sharp edges, and with the possibility to morph alot from the original shape (racemenu and such), tangent space normal maps should always be better, as far as I know.. 

It is especially noticeable if you take a female body with the big breasts and make them smaller.. the "underside" stays far too dark. Swapping to a tangent space normal might fix that... That's yet another thing I want to try at some point, heh

Hmph. I wouldn't do it that way. But then I don't entirely understand what he's doing.

My schlongs all have suffix p0, p3, p4, or p1. (Stupid naming convention, 0 is flaccid p3 is a little aroused, p4 is more, p1 is fully erect).

What I'd do is make the race known to SOS properly. So...

• Add your race to "Additional Races" in all my Armor Addons.
  • Find the formlist in my mod called [something]_compatibleRaces. Add your races to the end of the list.
  • There's a dozen Global Variables called [something]_RaceProbability## and [something]_RaceSize##. Those match one-for-one with the races in *_CompatibleRaces. So add global variables for each race with the ## indicating your race's position in the list and the value whatever you want. 100 for probability and 5 for size is likely good.

That's pretty much it. If you do yours as a separate mod with mine as a requirement, either flick the ESM bit in mine or NEVER EVER EVER open yours in CK. Do it all in TES5Edit.

Well I gave it a try, but when I attempt to add DagirahtRace "Dagi-Raht" [RACE:060038A5] to the list of additional races it throws out an error reading "FormID [090038a5] references a master which is not available in file [05] BDHoodieSchlong.esp" to my knowledge the master it refers to is "RaceCompatibility.esm".

I attempted using the DefaultRace "Default Race" [RACE:00000019] and that was assigned perfectly fine, and works for the other humanoid races that use that FormID, but the Dagi's FormID just doesn't feel happy.

EDIT: I managed to get it working somehow, so if anyone else wants to add Dagi-raht to the list, be sure to add the NULL FormID as well as the Default Race one. I only use the hoodie schlong for my character so I am unsure what effect it's had on NPCs that might have used them.

I'm thinking it's not really the null formID that matters, but that when you added that the right master got added somehow.

Looks like you're modifying my esp directly? That will work, but you'll have to do it again if I put up a new version and you want it. You could make an additional esp that has both dagiraht and hoodie schlongs as masters. 

I would have expected that when you tried to add the dagiraht race you'd get a message saying that to do that its esp would have to be added as master, but that it would do it for you.

You sure about the _msn files? It's not going to mess up specularity?

The female textures are intentional. Where are people getting their naked female khajiit from? There's one in Better Beast Races but it's missing the naughty bits.

I run all the textures I use through DDSopt and have never noticed an difference with the _msn files. Although now that I think about it some ENB setups might take issues with them being saved in DXT1.

As for the female khajiit textures I use CBBE-CHSBHC-UNP-ADEC-Human Argonian Khajiit Texture-4096

I'm thinking it's not really the null formID that matters, but that when you added that the right master got added somehow.

Looks like you're modifying my esp directly? That will work, but you'll have to do it again if I put up a new version and you want it. You could make an additional esp that has both dagiraht and hoodie schlongs as masters. 

I would have expected that when you tried to add the dagiraht race you'd get a message saying that to do that its esp would have to be added as master, but that it would do it for you.

I use to deal with the CK a while back but it doesn't behave properly on my computer (random freezing, error messages about missing files that DO exist. Steam probably installed it wrong.)

Now I sort of know how to get it to work in Tes5Edit, I'm happy to stick with doing it again in any updates. Thanks again for the help BD.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey BD, I love the work you've done with the mod. Is there a way to prevent the RCAE schlong model switches from happening in a sexlab event?

I play as an argonian in my game, and when a sexlab animation has a SOSBend that is below the normal erect bend, the RCAE activates and switches the schlong model, leading to awkward slightly-unsheathed-penis sex. I think it's a similar issue with the khajiit schlong too.

Bah. Yes, the script should keep the erect schlong if sex is happening. I took out that check to simplify things and didn't see any situations where it was needed, and I've been playing as a khajiit lately... but I guess they exist. I'll put back in the check.

No SAM. I already had to do 8 of the suckers--for SAM I'd have to do what, 8 more? 16 more? And I can't find any documentation on WHAT to do.

Futa's possible but probably is the same problem--I'd have to fit every mesh to the _0 and_1 female bodies and then I'm not sure what more to get SOS to show them.

Not good news. I put in a check using Sexlab's IsActorActive() to see if the actor is in a sexlab scene and that call doesn't seem to be reliable. It's telling me my actors are active even when no one's gotten any in quite a while. I'll keep poking at it but with what I'm seeing right now it's a no-go. 

Just to be clear, probably not SL's fault--I think the engine hasn't cleaned some stuff up in my game. But still, it has to work better than this.

Try this. Simple script, load it into your scripts folder and let it replace the one that's there.

This implements a check on erection level change. If the actor is in a sex scene, it keeps the erect mesh and lets SOS control the angle. 

As I said above, it's using a SL call that can return the wrong result, so you may see your khajiit running around with their dongs dangling. But I think that's largely an artifact of my current game, and the next time that actor has sex it goes back to normal.

So try this out and see what you think. 

BDSOSSchlongQuest.pex

Hey, sorry for asking like a total scrub, but...

I installed the mod on a fresh new character and it seems that all other khajit have appropriate schlongs but me.

Is there a way to force me to have the correct schlong? Or did I herp n derp somehow with installation.

Thanks for the work Bad Dog :3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey BD. I'm getting this error and some more similar in my log

ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [BDSOSSchlongQuest (10035C13)].BDSOSSchlongQuest.HandleAnimationEvent() - "BDSOSSchlongQuest.psc" Line 75
    [alias thePlayer on quest BDSOSSchlongQuest (10035C13)].BDSOSSchlongPlayer.OnAnimationEventEX() - "BDSOSSchlongPlayer.psc" Line 28

I got 2k hits for the error. Here's the entire recent paps log.

Papyrus.0.log

Hey BD. I'm getting this error and some more similar in my log

ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [BDSOSSchlongQuest (10035C13)].BDSOSSchlongQuest.HandleAnimationEvent() - "BDSOSSchlongQuest.psc" Line 75
    [alias thePlayer on quest BDSOSSchlongQuest (10035C13)].BDSOSSchlongPlayer.OnAnimationEventEX() - "BDSOSSchlongPlayer.psc" Line 28

Hi BD. I have the same error and a bunch of warnings. It also causes a CTD. Do you know how to get rid of it?

[05/19/2016 - 03:14:41PM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[BDSOSSchlongQuest (0E035C13)].BDSOSSchlongQuest.HandleAnimationEvent() - "BDSOSSchlongQuest.psc" Line 75
	[alias thePlayer on quest BDSOSSchlongQuest (0E035C13)].BDSOSSchlongPlayer.OnAnimationEventEX() - "BDSOSSchlongPlayer.psc" Line 28
[05/19/2016 - 03:14:41PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp11"
stack:
	[BDSOSSchlongQuest (0E035C13)].BDSOSSchlongQuest.HandleAnimationEvent() - "BDSOSSchlongQuest.psc" Line 75
	[alias thePlayer on quest BDSOSSchlongQuest (0E035C13)].BDSOSSchlongPlayer.OnAnimationEventEX() - "BDSOSSchlongPlayer.psc" Line 28
[05/19/2016 - 03:14:41PM] [BDSchlongs] No BD schlong on [ObjectReference < (0004D36C)>]
[05/19/2016 - 03:14:41PM] [FloppySOS] Now using slot number 48
[05/19/2016 - 03:14:42PM] [BDSchlongs] Caught animation event: SOSBend-5 on [ObjectReference < (0004D36B)>]
[05/19/2016 - 03:14:42PM] [BDSchlongs] (HandleAnimationEvent) Actor: [Actor < (0004D36B)>] equipped pelvis: None

Dunno exactly what's causing it, but Skyrim occasionally makes a call with a None parameter in situations where that should never happen. I added this call in the last rev of the Hoodie Schlongs because someone wanted it... apparently some of the SL animations reduce the erection level to below 50% so they were getting unerect schlongs swapped in during sex. Try going back to the prior version and see if that fixes it.

I'll get a real fix in soon, but not before wednesday at the earliest.

Oh. That was me. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what it would mean to do a version without SOS. I suppose they could be fixed and use SL's nude suit option? If you want that it's dead easy to do... just take the _P0 and P1 meshes and attach them to whatever body. But why?

I'm putting up a new version with a fix for the error being thrown. However be warned: It's not actually the SL-related code that's failing, it's the animation event that tells me the schlong is moving around. All my fix does is check when the animation event occurs and bail out if the engine hasn't given me an actor. I don't know why your engine is doing that but it shouldn't and other people aren't seeing that behavior. It may be that these animation events are spurious, or it may be that you don't get schlongs swapping when they should. Dunno.

Does it matter this mod acts like an ESM while being labeled as an ESP?

I tried to adjust some load order stuff and noticed BDHoodieSchlong.esp is treated like an ESM according to wyre bash. It can go above other ESMs and refuses to go any lower than the last ESM. Given it's marked as an ESP I assume this isn't intentional?

Side note, BDHoodie causes loads of crashing when it comes to area transfers. Pretty much every crash I've had lately while going between indoors/outdoors has listed BDhoodie just before crashing.

I've tested with a new game with and with out BDHoodie (no other changes to mods or load orders) And can confirm pretty dramatic differences in stability.