Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 Compatibility

Placeholder1

Is OCOv2 compatible with Lovers with pk and its plugins? The mod seems to make some wide-sweeping changes affecting NPCs and stats, etc., so I'm wondering if there's not some conflict to prevent mixing the mods. Here's a quote from the OCOv2 page:

"*Things you CANNOT run together with OCO:

-Hair/eye packs that affect vanilla races
-Any mods that affect vanilla NPCs
-Mods that change racial stats"

Are any of you running a set-up including OCOv2 without issue? Please let me know!

You can play Tamago without MBP. Only HiyokoGenerator.esp use MBP ,but there is also a No MBP HiyokoGenerator.esp ( there are two Versions in the download )

And here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/13377-tamagoclub-115c-hiyokoclub110a-stuff-eng/page-25?do=findComment&comment=958862 post 495

EDIT

TamagoClub v1.15c and HiyokoClub v1.10a

HiyokoGenerator No MBP

HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge

Hiyoko Generator Brood Mother ( creatures children)

MBP and OCOv2 are completely different from a stylistic standpoint. Mixing them will function, yes, but your game will have two very different styles in it that will be rather jarring to look at, like a unity store asset flip with no sense of artistic design.

I recall there being some no-MBP patches, though I am uncertain as to whether or not the two particular mods in question have patches. You could look around, or ask the author (I believe it was Fejeena).

Edit: and while typing, Fejeena beat me to the punch. Ah well.

Is OCOv2 compatible with Lovers with pk and its plugins? The mod seems to make some wide-sweeping changes affecting NPCs and stats, etc., so I'm wondering if there's not some conflict to prevent mixing the mods. Here's a quote from the OCOv2 page:

"*Things you CANNOT run together with OCO:

-Hair/eye packs that affect vanilla races

-Any mods that affect vanilla NPCs

-Mods that change racial stats"

Are any of you running a set-up including OCOv2 without issue? Please let me know!

I don't use OCOv2, but I wonder about the "CANNOT" part. Wasn't Bashed Patch invented exactly for resolving those kinds of incompatibilities?

OCOv2 uses Blockhead. I'm not quite certain how Wrye would interact with it, given that it was developed before Blockhead and I don't think compatibility was added to the scripts.

It could be perfectly fine, but I would strongly suggest keeping a backup of before you installed it in case something goes wrong.

If I recall correctly from previous experimentation, OCOv2 and MBP didn't work perfectly together. I'm pretty sure it made all elves suffer from the "googly eyes" effect which looked really bad. In addition, character hands would turn blue if wearing PSE arm cuffs (at least for breton characters), and unless I'm wrong you have to use OCO's body textures for compatibility which are quite low-res. OCOv2 is so good that I could play without MBP except that From 2ch Lives requires MBP and I really enjoy that mod as well. 

EDIT: Just found this: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46254/? OCO2 Eyes for MBP (Googly Eye Fix)

Never tried it but perhaps it may fix the first problem I listed.

Once I finish lovers creatures (when the hellever that is), I'm planning on installing OCO2 and updating all lovers plugins as well as stuff like from 2ch lives to use it.  I'm wanting to make a clean break from Xeo and MBP.  Folks can still use them as the other versions will stay up, but they won't have to like they do now.

The only problem I see with OCOv2 is some of the npcs have messed up textures on their faces like that guy in the IC market district selling dead people clothes thoronir? his face looks like a burnt tangerine.

For the problems with lovers it is just a very slight alignment issue with penis going into the girl mouth it looks more like it goes through her nose instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived