that escalated quickly, from a mod with a german name, to a diskussion about german grammar...but very interessting.

Sorry DeadSomething, but the story about the word 'handy' is not true:

The word came from a amazed swabian who said: 'Hän die koi Kabel?' Wich is in german: 'Haben die kein Kabel?' (engl.: 'Didn't they got a cable?') But because we only want one word, and to give that word a english 'appearance' so it is now handy.  :P

since the introduction of the new German orthography exists that *ß* no longer, everything will with *ss* written.

No, 'groß' is allways written with a 'ß' because it is a voiceless 's' after a long vocal. The 'ß' still exist in the new german orthography, it is just not used that often anymore.

cheers.

sorry in German.

du hast völlig recht, es wird nicht mehr so häufig verwendet.

ich spreche kein englisch und das kommt heraus wenn man einen übersetzer verwenden muß. ich sagte bereits, es gibt hunderte deutsche worte die nicht im englischen existieren und da fällt es einem sehr schwer die passenden worte zu finden.

ich hoffe der übersetzer übersetzt korrekt. :P  ;)

Might be my own stupidity ... but how do I "install" this? Is it enough to drop the file into the Bodyslide SliderPresets Folder? Because it then does not show up under "Presets" ...

Path should be:

Skyrim\Data\BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderPresets\

Put it there and it will show.

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately, it doesn't show ... knowing myself, I'm pretty sure it's something I forgot (only thing I'm sure of is that the file is indeed in the right folder).

Let's see ... I have Racemenu working, the Xpmse skeleton, hdt, CBBE ... ah UUNP is missing ... I guess that's the problem? Where can I get it (the link just leads to the Nexus page of Bodyslide) and what exactly is it / does it do to my installation? THanks.

the english of today is a mixture of german (anglosaxons moved to the isles - i live in lower saxony in germany) french (because the british isles were party conquered by the french and reconquered later) and scottish, irish, celtic and for everything scientific, english got latin because the romans were there too.

Um, this is rather erroneous. First of all, when talking about the pre-historical "German" tribes you generally refer to them as Germanic, which is also the term you use for their language.

Now the reason Latin is used for many scientific terms is because it was lingua franca amongs scientist until farily recently. This does not go back to the Roman period. There are naturally influences on English dating back to the Roman period but they are more common everyday words (leaving the legal terminology to the side), index (index finger) or exit for example. It is similar in German.

Now Irish, Welsh, Gaelic etc. are all Celtic languages. The Celtic tribes settled on the Brittish Isles before the Roman conquest. There are naturally Celtic influences in English.

The last time the Brittish isles were conquered would have been when William the Bastard (Willam the Conqueror) made good on his claim to the throne of England. William was a French duke, and was of Norse decent (the Norman settlement in Normandy gave the region its name). The Norman nobles spoke Old French and much of the language remain in English (the Norman noblity spoke French for a long time after the conquest).

The people who William conquered England from would technically have been the English (Harald Godwindson). Harald had just managed to defeat Haral Hardrada the king of Norway, who also attempted to assert his claim to the throne.

Why did the duke of Normandy and the king of Norway have claims to the English throne? They had it through king Cnut the Great, who was king of Denmark, Norway and England. Most of Englands history since the eight century had been a back and forth between the by that time native Anglo-Saxons (who were of Germanic and Norse decent) and the Norse, who invaded and settled on the Isles. There are a lot of Norse words in English, particularly the words dealing with boats or seafaring. Similarly to how many of the Roman words dealing with wagons are of Celtic origin.

sry, i was just giving away my mediocre knowledge of english language history.

i obviously know more about my own country's history as i lead visitors through our local castle and teach them how to shoot the english longbow (yes, just longbow up to 40 lbs, no compound, but also no warbow >=120lbs)

i'm just interested in this, i didn't do much research on my own (yet).