As a follow up to my comments on DCL. I forgot to mention the main benefit I get from it with Slaverun is solicitation. Occasionally, it lets me find a key.

It's a big mod for just that though, with Radiant I hear reports of incompatibilities and script heaviness, AP definitely causes crashes for me, Red Wave doesn't really work for a Slaverun setting, Working Girl seems sketchy and also abandoned, and TDF... I don't know anything about TDF, it might be a good alternative (though it seems that PC prostitution is not its focus), but my load-order is set for the time being.

I never get any weird goings on with DCL's solicitation vs free slave sex, and Radiant hints that sort of thing is an issue in its case, but maybe it's fine?

Anyone care to comment on the best way to make money for the masters in Slaverun?

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Anyone care to comment on the best way to make money for the masters in Slaverun?

the main ways i made money for the masters on my last play through were (in order of most money for time invested):

Dungeon Crawls (sell all the junk that i am not saving {crafting supplies mostly})

DCL prostitution

RP Tweaked (stay inside inn and military camps only) prostitution

crafting arrows (i like doing dwarven because i am usually using elven and dwarven uses all that free dwemer scrap and arrows have no weight)

radiant bounties from unenslaved cities (the bounty from tavern keepers)

crafting other things with left over crafting supplies (potions or weapons mostly)

Just got to the part of the story that comes after Riften...

Loving the story progression generally.

I have some comments on bugs/quirks/could work betters...

Spoiler

The amputation thing doesn't work so well: the return of the "hover body". It's really only an effect that works for animations where the actor is lying on her back.

It got so annoying after a while I was tempted to turn if off, but feared a bug if the quest went to reset it, so I didn't.

I'd recommend that people don't install the amputator mod so they can skip all this. It's a great idea, but it only works well with carefully controlled animations, not running around doing whatever. On the other hand, I'd like to see more crawling generally.

IMHO Dragonsreach and other Jarl halls should be knees-only territory for slaves. (Could turn off for slave dungeon).

When Ava gives false directions, the PC ought to have some dialog with Igor telling him it's a ruse. Igor should shut her down and demand a blow job, then make them go towards Riften. This would be even more unfair than how it is now. As is, I'm tempted to agree with Pike's assessment (in the new slave certificate) that the PC is suffering mental decline. I'd believe it if Igor kept slipping you Viagrix.

Regarding breast size, they're enormous, but Slaverun NPCs can't seem to see this, even though it would be impossible not to have very large breasts at this point.

It should look at the SLIF value and pick matching text. Disappointing not to have the mod recognize this.

Would be neat if some NPCs also showed "inflation", surely the PC can't be the only one?

It's pretty absurd to get all this dialogue about how big (insert Diamond family member)'s boobs are, when the PC has hit the default SLIF cap of 3.0 and looks like a cartoon, while Diamond, Jane, Ivana, etc. have normal human sized breasts.

30 minutes ago, valcon767 said:
10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

the main ways i made money for the masters on my last play through were (in order of most money for time invested):

Dungeon Crawls (sell all the junk that i am not saving {crafting supplies mostly})

DCL prostitution

RP Tweaked (stay inside inn and military camps only) prostitution

crafting arrows (i like doing dwarven because i am usually using elven and dwarven uses all that free dwemer scrap and arrows have no weight)

radiant bounties from unenslaved cities (the bounty from tavern keepers)

crafting other things with left over crafting supplies (potions or weapons mostly)

I was thinking of things that don't involve conventional Skyrim kill and loot / quest rewards - all those things seem to fit poorly with the Slaverun storyline, which assumes you are weak and feeble.

There was even some dialogue where the PC says she isn't good at combat, when Titus sends her to "calm" the Draugr. This was funny coming from my level 43, with 99 2H, 82 1H, and combat perks out the wazoo. And I've backed off vanilla questing lately, as it seemed unnecessary, if not counter-productive in Slaverun. I have enough money stashed to pay Bellamy for a year (literally), and a chest full of jewels and crap vendors can't afford besides.

But if I was to play the slave line again, I'd try not to level, or do any vanilla stuff. I think it would make more sense that way.

31 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I was thinking of things that don't involve conventional Skyrim kill and loot / quest rewards - all those things seem to fit poorly with the Slaverun storyline, which assumes you are weak and feeble.

There was even some dialogue where the PC says she isn't good at combat, when Titus sends her to "calm" the Draugr. This was funny coming from my level 43, with 99 2H, 82 1H, and combat perks out the wazoo. And I've backed off vanilla questing lately, as it seemed unnecessary, if not counter-productive in Slaverun. I have enough money stashed to pay Bellamy for a year (literally), and a chest full of jewels and crap vendors can't afford besides.

But if I was to play the slave line again, I'd try not to level, or do any vanilla stuff. I think it would make more sense that way.

if you look at my listing you should notice number 2 and 3 do not involve vanilla skyrim stuff at all, and the last one i listed there could easily be done by a weak

and feeble character (just pick plants as you go from place to place and make what potions you can from those).  and i forgot the easiest way (it is vanilla) to

make money without raising any stats at all.... chopping firewood for a mill owner. in vanilla game you can chop firewood and sell it to a mill owner for cash,

and it will not raise any stats at all, but it is very time consuming to make cash this way.  on the bright side however you can make as much or as little as you

want in this fashion (because the mill owners buy all the firewood you have at one time, whether it is 1 piece or 15000 pieces and doing it this way does not

require them to have cash the same way as selling stuff to shopkeepers does).

1 hour ago, Zor2k13 said:

Does this mod really need apachii sky hair mod? I mean there are better hair packs out there already or just use vanilla? I don't have that hair regrowth mod yet is it stable with a bunch of other mods?

Isn't Apache optional?

Alright, I realize this is probably a stupid question, but when does the option to abolish slavery come up while you're on the Slave path?  I started as a slave and have gotten so far as to currently be on the quest to bring slavery to Markarth and I have not seen any options for this.  Have I just not gotten there yet or did my dumb ass just miss it?

9 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Does this mod really need apachii sky hair mod? I mean there are better hair packs out there already or just use vanilla? I don't have that hair regrowth mod yet is it stable with a bunch of other mods?

It does. It's a hard dependency. From what I see, the NPCs are made with apachii hair, and don't have alternatives.

You need the base Apachii and the big female only pack.

15 hours ago, valcon767 said:

if you look at my listing you should notice number 2 and 3 do not involve vanilla skyrim stuff at all, and the last one i listed there could easily be done by a weak

and feeble character (just pick plants as you go from place to place and make what potions you can from those).  and i forgot the easiest way (it is vanilla) to

make money without raising any stats at all.... chopping firewood for a mill owner. in vanilla game you can chop firewood and sell it to a mill owner for cash,

and it will not raise any stats at all, but it is very time consuming to make cash this way.  on the bright side however you can make as much or as little as you

want in this fashion (because the mill owners buy all the firewood you have at one time, whether it is 1 piece or 15000 pieces and doing it this way does not

require them to have cash the same way as selling stuff to shopkeepers does).

Sorry, when I said "all those things" I meant looting and killing, not your suggestions. I understood you had a mix of different options in there.

Is it really practical to make your weekly 1000 quota chopping firewood? You'd have to spend more time chopping than playing the rest of the game, I suspect.

And, doesn't chopping firewood become a problem, because a slave isn't allowed to hold an axe in a slave town?

But the potion making seems a possible path. It might be hard to make the 1000, but it would contribute something.

Smithing might make a bit, but again, if you don't level and adventure, you won't have any free smithing ingredients or dwemer metals, but you can still mine stuff I suppose.

I get the feeling that prostitution is the only thing that will make the money in a reasonable time-frame, though it depends on your configuration.

Perhaps Slaverun could provide some money raising options of its own some day...

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Sorry, when I said "all those things" I meant looting and killing, not your suggestions. I understood you had a mix of different options in there.

Is it really practical to make your weekly 1000 quota chopping firewood? You'd have to spend more time chopping than playing the rest of the game, I suspect.

And, doesn't chopping firewood become a problem, because a slave isn't allowed to hold an axe in a slave town?

But the potion making seems a possible path. It might be hard to make the 1000, but it would contribute something.

Smithing might make a bit, but again, if you don't level and adventure, you won't have any free smithing ingredients or dwemer metals, but you can still mine stuff I suppose.

I get the feeling that prostitution is the only thing that will make the money in a reasonable time-frame, though it depends on your configuration.

Perhaps Slaverun could provide some money raising options of its own some day...

Problem with prostitution is that if all the cities are enslaved, and all women are free fucks, who is going to pay for sex?

Edit: logically, anyway. Naturally, the prostitution mods will still work.

7 hours ago, shaddranat said:

Alright, I realize this is probably a stupid question, but when does the option to abolish slavery come up while you're on the Slave path?  I started as a slave and have gotten so far as to currently be on the quest to bring slavery to Markarth and I have not seen any options for this.  Have I just not gotten there yet or did my dumb ass just miss it?

LOL - play on because you are almost there.

Started the arena stuff. Seeing some bothersome device bugs. Probably already fixed in WIP, but just in case...

• When Bellamy adds devices for transport to the arena, he frequently tries to add two collars at once, corrupting the collar state and leaving one collar half fitted (has inventory device, but no render), and the other collar not fitted at all.
  • When the Arena Master removes devices ready to fight, he doesn't remove them, only the armbinder and blindfold are removed.
  • The Arena Master gives helmet, gauntlets and boots, and says "don't forget to wear them", but it's not possible to wear the gauntlets or boots because I am still in the DD restrictive gloves and boots that were not removed by him. Is this comedically "working as intended", or a bug?
  • Arena master may also try to add two collars at once, causing same problem as mentioned above. Collar state remains perma-broken unless you fix it via console.

Less troublesome:

The Arena Master locks gear in his chest, but neglects to mention how you can get it back. (Though you can, he just doesn't say you can). 

First time this happened I expected items to be returned automatically when I arrived back in Slaverun, but they aren't, you have to get them from the chest before you leave.

I didn't, and so had to go to Arena again to get them.

The Arena Master does not understand that some DCL items are proper armor and does not remove them. Typically, items sold by Dollmaker, or found in Dollmaker DAMN surprises.

Puzzling behaviours:

Not sure how to tell what my progress in the Arena is - I win fights, but difficulty seems random, no sense of progression, and no idea how many fights are required, or whether doing them is progressing anything.

Small arena size makes spellcasters easy kills for melee oriented characters. I'm finding that I often one-shot them, using only the Daedric 1-hander.

Why a single 1H weapon, but no shield?

4 hours ago, jfraser said:

Problem with prostitution is that if all the cities are enslaved, and all women are free fucks, who is going to pay for sex?

Edit: logically, anyway. Naturally, the prostitution mods will still work.

One reason why Slaverun would fare better with its own solution to this.

It could provide a prostitution that only works in free cities, for earlier in the game, and some other demeaning chore, where Bellamy is paid off without you ever seeing the cash, for slave cities. Sewer cleaning, skeever catching, sweeping Dragonsreach instead of those two over chatty NPCs, or something.

Another minor bug:

When you get the quest to take slaves to inns, Pike makes you take Giselle Puppycunt (or whatever she's called) to the BM and put her in the stocks, but she was already in the stocks in the BM and had been since the very early days of slavery in Whiterun, yet everyone acts as if this is a new state of affairs.

18 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

LOL - play on because you are almost there.

*facepalm* I knew it was gonna be something like that...kinda feel like a dummy for asking :confused:. Thanks, though.

EDIT: Heh, 14 hours later and I've finally found them. Those slaver sonsabitches are gonna die screaming ^_^

@Lupine00 This is just something I'm throwing out there, but where you were saying that the Arena Master gives you the armor that you can't use because of the DDs...well, if this is the way it's supposed to work (dunno if it is, but it's possible) there is a tiny little mod series you can pick up from here in LL that actually adds an armor value to the various Devious Devices.

They're all light armor and...if I'm being honest, they are a little high on their armor ratings (probably because you can't temper them) but as an interim solution, you might consider it. (best part is, they can all be thrown in a Bashed Patch to save room on your .esp list.) Or, hell...why not (once you get free, of course) just load yourself up with some sexy devices and just use them as armor that you don't have to worry about anyone taking away from you ^_^

Okay I've completed the prequest but I'm getting hung up in my character's actual enslavement. The slavers at the gate strip her, and put a collar and chains on her, and she kneels for them, but then nothing. They all just stand around. Is there a way to jump start things and get them going again?

12 hours ago, firebinder said:

Okay I've completed the prequest but I'm getting hung up in my character's actual enslavement. The slavers at the gate strip her, and put a collar and chains on her, and she kneels for them, but then nothing. They all just stand around. Is there a way to jump start things and get them going again?

I've run into this little gem of a bug a few times. It seems that the AI tends to get hung up on occasion during the scenes. Unfortunately, the only way I've found to get past it is to just reload a recent save and try it again. (Or, if you want to go the extreme route, you can turn scenes off entirely...but that isn't recommended - most of them are actually pretty good. Twisted, but good.)

Hey @Kenjoka ;)

I noticed a post from you here saying you will be answering in detail all the posts with suggestions people made around x-mas...
And I just wanted to ask... does that include my overly-long suggestions from around November and December? I believe I only ever got an answer regarding the first one and I'm just curious what you think and what if any you would see fitting and plausible to make one-day some-day. 

And I've seen someone else here posting (Nazgul I believe) he would also like to see cowslut training so at least I know now that I'm not alone in this haha

And if you end up not using any of my suggestions at least please keep using that "sth-slut" terminology that you've started with painslut and the other. It gives your mod another bit of it's own feel and personality.

16 hours ago, shaddranat said:

@Lupine00 This is just something I'm throwing out there, but where you were saying that the Arena Master gives you the armor that you can't use because of the DDs...well, if this is the way it's supposed to work (dunno if it is, but it's possible) there is a tiny little mod series you can pick up from here in LL that actually adds an armor value to the various Devious Devices.

They're all light armor and...if I'm being honest, they are a little high on their armor ratings (probably because you can't temper them) but as an interim solution, you might consider it. (best part is, they can all be thrown in a Bashed Patch to save room on your .esp list.) Or, hell...why not (once you get free, of course) just load yourself up with some sexy devices and just use them as armor that you don't have to worry about anyone taking away from you ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, I'm definitely not adding or removing anything from my 100+ hours playthrough... It stays untouched until I finish!

It seems really odd to be given daedric armor pieces, be told to use them, and then "by design" not be able to, so I think it's more likely that it's a problem with the Slaverun script

that removes DD items for the arena not working in my setup for some reason. My answer is to console a key and remove the items with it myself.

If I ask Bellamy to remove some devices, he removes them successfully (apart from broken collars from double collar add attempts, which require manual deletion in the console). He even removes armbinders and corsets just fine.

Whether or not it is not working in other people's setups would be good to know though.

Also, whether anyone else sees this double collar adding, as I see it a lot (though by no means always).

And finally, whether it really is "by design"...

As DD item removal has changed a bit in DD4, and the new version of Slaverun seems to have a massively overhauled the arena, I can imagine when a new version of Slaverun finally comes out, this will be different anyway.

(To clarify, I am not running DD4 (or Zap 8), as it didn't come out until after I started this playthrough), I'm running the versions that have been out and stable for months.