[REQ] Transferring a Skyrim Hair to New Vegas

Hawkloner

I've always wanted to have better options for shorter hair for female characters in New Vegas. It seems like all the hair mods focus on these impractical, long flowing styles that are just absurd; not just for lore reasons (travelling in a wasteland/desert), but also because it tends to clip through armor and accessories. The shorter vanilla hairs just aren't good enough, and the mod options are all for fashion models on a runway, not a lone courier fighting through a raider-infested desert.

Frustratingly, Skyrim has a couple good mods with shorter hair options that would fit really well in New Vegas, but I know very little about modding beyond basic GECK and CK edits, so I have no idea how to go about transferring the .nif's and .dds's from Skyrim to New Vegas. The only tutorial I can find is for transferring an Oblivion hair over to Fallout 3, and it talks about how you can't just copy-paste the nif files over - that Bethesda updates how their .nif and .dds files work... so I'm completely in the dark in regards to how to transfer a hair between games.

TL;DR: I'd love it if someone could take a specific hairstyle (This one, ApachiiHairFemale93 from the optional Apachii Female Hairstyles) and package it into a New Vegas format, so that I could use it for my Courier in New Vegas. The file containing the hair is here: ApachiiSkyHairFemale_v_1_5.

Archived