NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

• 2 weeks later...

New Version

• New features

• Added Subnautica game support.
    • Added Subnautica Below Zero game support.
    • Added Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord game support.
    • Added Nemesis to the Skyrim SE supported tools menu.
  • Bugfixes

• Tweaked the ominous "too many active plugins" for Bethesda games, it will also filter esl plugins.
    • Fixed the Fallout 4 ini warning appearing when no ini edit is required.

You can get it from https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Version

• New features

• Added Wrye Bash to the Fallout NV supported tools menu.
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed another issue causing the plugin list to get stuck (NMM will now allow you to move plugins when the load order is already invalid, it will still prevent you from breaking a valid load order).
    • Fixed SSEdit QuickAutoClean shortcut.

You can get it from https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!
a few months ago I resumed my old installation of Skyrim, after more than 3 years, due to lack of time.

Only now I realized that the old NMM was brought forward by DuskDweller, I apologize if I do not mention any other collaborators, and I thank them!

unaware, I have some questions about:

1) I have Skyrim LE, with 243 active plugins at the moment, installed with the latest version of NMM downloaded from the Nexus site (v.0.56.1), what problems could I encounter in updating v.0.56.1 with the latest version 0.80.14 released recently?

2) is it possible to update directly, without uninstalling all the mods it owns? and without having any bugs or malfunctions, both mods that use an esp dile, and those that just overwrite the original game files?

3) Is the latest released version 0.80.14 100% compatible with Windows 7 (64-Bit), Loot v016.1 and Skyrim LE ?

4) This new NMM manages to install those mods released in recent years, some still being updated, which are very large in size, such as Skyrim Sea World v.6 (2.2 Gb + update 6.8), Modern Town (2 Gb), Ateher SuiteC (1,5 Gb), etc ..?

it is likely that when the files are unzipped, the file size could double, with the old NMM v.056.1, despite having made numerous attempts, this large mod, does not install them for me, not even the latest version of SMIM v1. 72, fails to install, with the new 0.80.14, would you be able to install these "giant" mods?

5) in the new NMM 0.80.14, is there still the same maximum limit of plugins that can be activated?

Just saw I still use NMM v0.71.2. That's why others have new and fancy icons ?

2 hours ago, Eikichi Onizuka said:

2) is it possible to update directly, without uninstalling all the mods it owns? and without having any bugs or malfunctions, both mods that use an esp dile, and those that just overwrite the original game files?

Not that I know. I guess as soon as you update NMM will deactivate all mods anyways. I would say it's better to uninstall everything, grab the new NMM version and reinstall everything.

I have some hints on my blog about creating a fresh install with NMM. Point 10 shows what I backup before reinstalling everything.

You can save all your NMM categories and you can re-add all mod zips just by dropping them back into the NMM mod folder.

I tried a NMM update once and just watched it deactivating and activating everything before and after the update. It worked, but that was in a time when I had <250 mods. I wouldn't trust it to do the same with 700 mods ?

Chances are that it gets stuck and this in turn would create leftovers in the data folder.

3) Is the latest released version 0.80.14 100% compatible with Windows 7 (64-Bit), Loot v016.1 and Skyrim LE ?

LOOT and Skyrim LE are unrelated to this.

I can only guess it will still work with Windows 7, don't see a reason why not.

4) This new NMM manages to install those mods released in recent years, some still being updated, which are very large in size, such as Skyrim Sea World v.6 (2.2 Gb + update 6.8), Modern Town (2 Gb), Ateher SuiteC (1,5 Gb), etc ..?

I install such huge mods with NMM. It's important tho that you have enough free disk space, because NMM will create huge virtual memory files (at least that's how I explain it).

>> From my experience NMM always failed to install huge files if space for virtual memory was low already.

>> Another issue can arise if Skyrim is installed in windows root folders. For example DCL was unreliable to install until I moved my Skyrim installation out of the windows root folders.

Here some of the bigger mods I installed with NMM. This are only the zips, the installed mod is much bigger (especially if not a bsa).

image.png.0d4fdd41b944beb84a5ff028d8549899.png

It will get interesting to install all those new sound files ?

with the new 0.80.14, would you be able to install these "giant" mods?

My NMM version is already better with that, so I guess 0.80 won't have any issues either. You have some real old timer there.

5) in the new NMM 0.80.14, is there still the same maximum limit of plugins that can be activated?

There is a limit? Never recognized that. Highest installed number of mods was 800+

Stored are over 1100 mods in NMM (at some point over 2000 with an older NMM version)

Only thing I recognized is that NMM gets slower as soon as you get over 400 mods and from there it can get even slower.

This is a bit painful for huge LOs with over 450 installed mods. 

Only mod NMM doesn't like is Apropos 1 and 2 and any additional data base. In this case don't rightclick on the mod to install it, but use the install icon.

Very odd.

Edited by donttouchmethere
1 hour ago, Eikichi Onizuka said:

1) I have Skyrim LE, with 243 active plugins at the moment, installed with the latest version of NMM downloaded from the Nexus site (v.0.56.1), what problems could I encounter in updating v.0.56.1 with the latest version 0.80.14 released recently?

The worst thing that can happen is that NMM gets stuck.

BUT careful with that. If NMM needs to deactivate ALL your mods it might take a while. With 450 mods it took hours until all was deactivated and activated again. I guess you might be faster by deactivate all => uninstall all => update (also safer)

If it take a long time for a mod to be dactivated (mostly mods with looots of overwrites or/and sub directories), then check the Task Manager if NMM still uses CPU and read/writes. Even if the numbers are low NMM is still working.

Best not to watch while NMM works, I think it slows down if ashamed. ?

Edited by donttouchmethere
  • 2 weeks later...