NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

NMM 0.60.11 is out:

Hotfix 0.60.11:

• Fixed crash issue when switching to MultiHD mode.
  • Fixed crash issue when deleting the current profile and then switching to another one.
  • Fixed issue that could cause NMM to remove backup files when changing install mode.
  • Fixed issue in MultiHD mode where NMM wasn’t reinstalling missing mods required by the profile.
  • Fixed NMM saving registry values in the wrong place.
  • Fixed misleading folder suggestion on the setup screen.
  • Fixed NMM crashing when setting invalid paths for Supported Tools.
  • Fixed Supported Tools settings tab not showing error warnings.
  • Minor tweaks to the Supported Tools settings tab.

Download: my OP

VERY UNSTABLE VERSION FOR UPGRADE!!!

I'm amazed how guys from Nexus improved NMM's master and esp files management. Every new version of this manager brings more and more improvements. Can't wait for 0.61 release.

Tried installing v.6 on a whim, since I didn't really feel like playing Skyrim anyway (so it didn't matter if anything went wrong). Kept freezing when trying to automatically reinstall everything. Then I updated to .11 and tried again. It crashed and now my "Import 1" profile (that previously had 119 active mods) only has the 9 it managed to install before crashing.

I honestly don't really care. It's about time I went through my mod list and decided what to keep. My (off-topic, now that I think about it) question is as follows: I assume that save files contain a list of what mods were active when the save was created. Is there a way to access that list? I know I've seen it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything important when reactivating everything.

I'm sorry that you had this problems with NMM. I'm openly saying that I hadn't had any of this since 0.60 version came out. If you want to know what mods were included in your save(s) you can try "Wrye bash" or "Save cleaner tool" under "Edit".

I hope you red big letters warning about making BACKUP, Various tips about installation and post installation of NMM and How to fix missing mod files after migration to lastest NMM version topics before doing up NMM installation.

I'm sorry that you had this problems with NMM. I'm openly saying that I hadn't had any of this since 0.60 version came out. If you want to know what mods were included in your save(s) you can try "Wrye bash" or "Save cleaner tool" under "Edit".

I hope you red big letters warning about making BACKUP, Various tips about installation and post installation of NMM and How to fix missing mod files after migration to lastest NMM version topics before doing up NMM installation.

I updated it before finding this thread. It doesn't really bother me though. All my mods are still in the list, they're just not installed. It's about time I went through them to get rid of some I don't need anyway.

I'll try those methods to get the list from my latest save. Thanks for the help.

I see, I'm 90% sure that if you could go through those topics, you wouldn't have so much trouble with NMM. Anyhow, wish you good day and thanks for posting. :)

New tip: adding more supporting tools (Wrye bash, Tes5edit...) - text and pictures - (also on my OP)

If you want to add more supporting tools to your manager, tools like Wrye bash, Tes5edit, Bodyslide path and similar, the procedure is very simple.

1. Click on your "Settings" Icon

The new box will pop up with new options. Go to "Supported tools" tab and you will see new options. Now, Since I have Wrye bash (WB) , I added it to my "Supported tools". I clicked on "..." beside the line and new box popped up. All I had to do is to find the root directory of my WB and when found it, click on OK. NMM add WB to my supported tools. Now I can run WB directly from the manager. This is a great advantage since NMM can directly pass its master list and load order to WB where you can manually move mods up and down in your list. Change you make in either manager are visible and implied in both.

post-894077-0-37389400-1444045780_thumb.png

2. To check if your new tool is added to NMM, click on your "Supported Tools" Icon and expand it. You'll see that there are already two Icons in it: LOOT and FNIS that you can run directly from your manager. The integration with this two tools is great so you can used them without fear.

If you succesfully added new tool to your manager, you will get new tool's icon. (See the pictures)

before adding WB:

post-894077-0-26731300-1444045271_thumb.jpg

after adding WB:

post-894077-0-68260600-1444059055_thumb.png

If you haven't manage to add new tool to NMM, don't worry, NMM will not let you leave the box until you properly add the tool's path. You'll see red blinking "!" at the right side of the desire tool path line and you will got small warning box. So, NMM will not let you make mistake. Once you add your line correctly, the box will close.

NMM 0.60.12 is out:

Hotfix 0.60.12:

• Updated LOOT library to version 0.8.
  • Fixed issue preventing users from completing the Dark Souls 2 setup.
  • Fixed mod discoverer looking for mods in the profiles folder.
  • Fixed crash issue while sorting the plugins.

Dowload: my OP under Download

VERY UNSTABLE VERSION FOR UPGRADE!!!

NMM 0.60.13 is out:

Hotfix 0.60.13:

• Disabled the masterlist.yaml update check until we can properly fix it (it seems to get stuck for some users).
  • Updated LOOT library to version 0.8.
  • Fixed issue preventing users from completing the Dark Souls 2 setup.
  • Fixed mod discoverer looking for mods in the profiles folder.
  • Fixed crash issue while sorting the plugins.

Dowload: my OP under Download

So far the best and most stable version is 0.60.10. Do not upgrade to any version above, just don't do it or you'll regret. :)

Caliban44 - No, sorry, I have no problem with opening Nexus and I constantly switching between LL and Nexus sites.I'm using FireFox.

Have you tried some other browser and possibly provider?

A new/old topic is added to OP as separate section for quicker fixing your problem - How to revert NMM to older version (before 0.60.+)

New tip is added to OP -  How can I disable "Updating message"

I don't know what to say. It works great for me. I constantly checking Nexus for updates and mods and have no problems.

Can you check your Anti virus program and Firewall. Maybe some of those "Defenders" blocking your access to it or maybe you might have some malicious program or virus that Nexus sees and therefore blocking you? I wasn't able to access Nexus in past few times because of that. Then i clean my computer and they let me access.

NMM 0.60.14 is out:

Version 0.60.14 hotfix:

• Changed the way NMM handles the mod cache, NMM will now load 4x faster than before (It needs to migrate your cache files, so add a few seconds the first time you run this new version).
  • Merged the mod Version and Latest Version columns to reduce UI cluttering (you will still be able to click on the version number to reach the mod page, if you have update warnings enabled hovering the mouse on the warning icon will show you the latest version available online).
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly enabling disabled mods while using the MultiHD mode.
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM from saving the activation state of plugins.
  • Fixed “Could not find part of the path” crash issue when migrating or switching installation mode.
  • Fixed crash issue when loading broken or null paths from the Supported Tools settings.
  • Fixed issue causing NMM to ask users to configure their install settings when they were already set.
  • Fixed NMM being unable to parse XML scripts with fake choices (like S.W.I.F.T for Skyrim).
  • Fixed issues with the cache manager.
  • Fixed issues where NMM wasn’t prompting to install the new version when the installer was already present in the temp folder.
  • Fixed NMM being randomly unable to import the load order.

Download: my OP under NMM - Help, downloads, troubleshooting:...

I don't know what to say. It works great for me. I constantly checking Nexus for updates and mods and have no problems.

Can you check your Anti virus program and Firewall. Maybe some of those "Defenders" blocking your access to it or maybe you might have some malicious program or virus that Nexus sees and therefore blocking you? I wasn't able to access Nexus in past few times because of that. Then i clean my computer and they let me access.

i dont go to most of the internet just nexus,LL,yahoo,walmart, my mega.nz site,the forums here, the nexus forums and the bethesda forums, and youtube for my subscriptions of mxr, shinji72 and brodul

and i only dl files from LL and nexus i get Sexlab mods here and the rest at nexus

i use avira antivirus with the chrome extension for it enabled with all trackers blocked

but it as been getting better

maybe my isp was slowing the connection to nexus down i might have been over my 250gb limit

Caliban44 - what exact message your get when trying to log on Nexus?

i don't get any error it will just not load or it will only load  the top banner, this is what i see most of the time but  with all of the graphics for the banner, i have a tab of the nexus open right now but if i close it and try to go back to it later the page refuses to load

Skyrim Nexus

I'm resetting my router regularly, I mean, when I notice strange behaving. I also use this "trick":

Windows 7

To clear your DNS cache if you use Windows 7, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
  3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  4. Run the following command:

ipconfig /flushdns

If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message:

Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.