Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NMM 0.63.+ - important info, help, tips & tricks

• Please log in to reply
895 replies to this topic

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

I updated to .60.5 and it screwed up my pcs faces.

Ps: i have no clue how to do spoilers

You can uninstall your meshes and textures and reinstall them. Read my OP how to do it.

About spoiler:

[ spoiler ] text or a picture [ /spoiler ]  - no space between brackets and text/spoiler.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Rein54

Rein54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

You can uninstall your meshes and textures and reinstall them. Read my OP how to do it.

About spoiler:

[ spoiler ] text or a picture [ /spoiler ]  - no space between brackets and text/spoiler.

Ive tried that already nothing changes. I have no clue if its something im missing all of a sudden 

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

About spoiler:

Ive tried that already nothing changes. I have no clue if its something im missing all of a sudden 

OK, you did upgrade of your NMM right? If you did that, upgrade messed up your mods. It didn't destroy them but it simply didn't install them correctly. You can revert to your earlier mods installation. Please, check my OP. There is a topic about it, but I can't remember where at the moment. But it is surely there under one of the topics.

Here it is: Check for solution under topic:

How to fix missing mod files after migration to lastest NMM version:

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

NMM 0.60.6 is out: (you can download it from my OP or go to Nexus)

Hotfix 0.60.6:

• Fixed many issues with the MultiHD install mode (missing files, mods unable to install, etc..).
  • Fixed crash when the user is using a broken/incomplete .Net Framework.
  • Fixed rare crash while right-clicking on a mod in the mods list.
  • When the MultiHD mode is active NMM will prevent the user from installing/activating mods or switching profiles if the program is not run as Administrator (and will warn the user about it).
  • Fixed an issue preventing some fomods from installing (like FCO for New Vegas).
  • Fixed issue preventing some mods from installing txt files.

Teddar

Teddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Off topic here I know but does anyone know how to fix NMM if it never gets past the splash screen?  I see nexusclient.exe running in task manager but that's all I get. I've already tried going back to previous versions and deleting references to NMM in regedit. I found surprisingly little help on the Nexus forums but peeps here rock so its worth a try :D

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Off topic here I know but does anyone know how to fix NMM if it never gets past the splash screen?  I see nexusclient.exe running in task manager but that's all I get. I've already tried going back to previous versions and deleting references to NMM in regedit. I found surprisingly little help on the Nexus forums but peeps here rock so its worth a try :D

There is a tip/help for this in some of the topics on OP. Please, take some time and go through it. :)

To all you good and kind people: I NEED A HELP! IS ANYONE WILLING TO DO MY ENGLISH GRAMMAR and STYLE CORRECTION ON MY OP? PLEASE!

You can copy corrected text and PM and I will enter all changes. Thank you very much.

Teddar

Teddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

There is a tip/help for this in some of the topics on OP. Please, take some time and go through it. :)

To all you good and kind people: I NEED A HELP! IS ANYONE WILLING TO DO MY ENGLISH GRAMMAR and STYLE CORRECTION ON MY OP? PLEASE!

You can copy corrected text and PM and I will enter all changes. Thank you very much.

I looked at it already. Forgot to mention that hehe. I can get NMM working with other games, Oblivion, FO3 etc, but not with Skyrim so I've kinda narrowed it down but It looks like I'll need to re-install skyrim as there's obviously something wrong there. Dammed if can see what though. 

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

I looked at it already. Forgot to mention that hehe. I can get NMM working with other games, Oblivion, FO3 etc, but not with Skyrim so I've kinda narrowed it down but It looks like I'll need to re-install skyrim as there's obviously something wrong there. Dammed if can see what though. 

I see. Well, NMM 0.60+ still have a problem with support switching between games through one manager. But the team is working on fixing it. I strongly believe that it will be fixed in 0.61 release.

I wish I know enough English to explain what is the problem with it. Wish to help you in this, but unable. Sorry.

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Confirming that these 2 bugs are fixed in 0.60.6 version

• Fixed many issues with the MultiHD install mode (missing files, mods unable to install, etc..).
  • Fixed rare crash while right-clicking on a mod in the mods list.

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

NMM 0.60.7 is out. Download is available on my OP. Here is the list of the fixed issues.

Latest Build - 0.60.7
Hotfix 0.60.7:

• Fixed bug preventing NMM from properly working with some games (Dragon Age, State of Decay, etc.)
  • Tentative fix for the bug preventing .xml files from being removed from the “Scripted” folder.
  • Implemented additional log entries to help with a rare bug crashing NMM while sorting the plugins.
  • Fixed issue preventing plugin files from being installed on ReFS drives.

Info: I tested this version too. I would recommend to not to upgrade to this version. It is still very buggy and slow, in both areas, installing and uninstalling.

Info for those who have:

- "Inconsequential NPCs" mod,

- RCOTS Inconsequential NPCs patch,

- RCOTS megahair pack,

- Followers of Gol - The Five Housecarls and The Women of Whiterun,

- KS Hair final

- if you uninstall any listed of RCOTS mods and patches, you have to reinstall original mods that these overwrote. 

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

NMM 0.60.8 is out. Download is available on my OP. Here is the list of the fixed issues.

Latest Build - 0.60.8
Hotfix 0.60.8:

• Tentative fix for the uninstall progress getting stuck during the mod migration.
  • Fixed issue causing NMM to crash while loading the path configuration form (also preventing the Dark Souls 2 game mode from being initialized).
  • Fixed random crash while trying to change the read-only flag of a plugin file.
  • Fixed crash when the config file references to an unplugged drive.
  • Fixed random crash while deleting a newly created category.

Will check it and let you know how it works. :)

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

NMM 0.60.8 is out. Download is available on my OP. Here is the list of the fixed issues.

Latest Build - 0.60.8
Hotfix 0.60.8:

• Tentative fix for the uninstall progress getting stuck during the mod migration.
  • Fixed issue causing NMM to crash while loading the path configuration form (also preventing the Dark Souls 2 game mode from being initialized).
  • Fixed random crash while trying to change the read-only flag of a plugin file.
  • Fixed crash when the config file references to an unplugged drive.
  • Fixed random crash while deleting a newly created category.

Edit - this version fixed install/uninstall accuracy and speed. Progress and improvement is obvious.

Recommend for upgrade. This version is the best so far among 0.60.+ versions.

FutaAngel

FutaAngel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Thank you so much for this, Elf!

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Thank you so much for this, Elf!

Thank you for thanking me :) It's my pleasure to help if I can.

JRCosta

JRCosta

Arrested for lollygagging... twice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

I follow this thread as it is the best place for getting NMM 0.6 feedback, as Elf Prince is providing updates info and testing. What can I ask more?

Really good job Elf, thanks for risking your Skyrim for us, right now I wouldn't touch any NMM 0.6 version with a ten foot pole  :D

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

I follow this thread as it is the best place for getting NMM 0.6 feedback, as Elf Prince is providing updates info and testing. What can I ask more?

Really good job Elf, thanks for risking your Skyrim for us, right now I wouldn't touch any NMM 0.6 version with a ten foot pole  :D

Thank you very much for kind words. It is a nice gesture. :)

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Two new tips were added to my OP that you might want to check :)

- NMM and load order tweaking

- Fundamental fixes and tweaks for smooth Skyrim running

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Important notice:

There is a serious bug in "Exporting load order to the clipboard" in latest 0.60.8 version. Although manager reports exporting as successful, it actually doesn't export it since command - "Importing load order from clipboard", reports no text file or it can't read it. This bug will be fixed in next release.

Attached File  2015-09-25 01_16_12-NMM 0.60.+ - important infos, help, tips & tricks - Page 3 - Skyrim Technical Su.png   11.62KB   1 downloads

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

I can confirm that uninstalling mods and clearing havoc files, dirty files and orphans in the latest version 0.60.8 is improved. Save tool cleaner has less and less work to do :)

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

New bug discovery:

(This post is very important for NMM 0.60.8 and Wrye bash users)

Traditionally good co-working of Wrye bash 3.5 and NMM ceased to exist with appearance of NMM 0.6.+ versions. Example, If you have mods that you manually move up or down in Wrye bash to set up your load order according to your like, and then you run mod merging, NMM memorize those rotations but it cannot properly uninstall chosen mods. It will perform uninstallation, and it will show your mod as uninstalled and removed (if you removed them from your mod list) but, they are still there but invisible. Wrye bash treats them as active and SKSE 1.7.3 didn't record any uninstallation performed by NMM. So what can you do about it?

1. Open Wrye bash and delete uninstalled mods manually.

2. Perform mod merging if your mods were merged

3. Open Save cleaner tool. Load your last save and press "Mod editor"

4. Mark/check mods you uninstalled by NMM and deleted by Wrye bash and press: "Delete created forms" and "Delete selected mods scripts". Save and exit. (otherwise, the game will CTD especially if your deleted .esm file)

5. Load your last save and ignore SKSE's info box about missing mods, save the game on the new slot and exit.

6. Start Save cleaner tool again and press "FixscripInstances" and "Delete all #" if there are files to be removed. Save and exit.

Now you can play your game. :)