Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NMM 0.63.+ - important info, help, tips & tricks

• Please log in to reply
896 replies to this topic

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

NMM users:

This thread is a WIP. I will try to regularly inform you about all updates, troubleshooting and bugs about NMM. The most important updates and tips will be placed here, and other info and news will be posted in the thread.
All information is collected from various sources: Nexus site, NMM troubleshooting forums, various experienced users and personal experience.

- All versions of NMM 0.63.+  were tested on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

If you need a help with installation of SexLab and SexLab mods, you can find help and tips here:

NMM - SexLab and SL related mods installation, help and tips

Although I created this thread, I have no exclusive rights for providing answers/help. You can all participate in helping others. So, if there is a need for help and you know how to help, please do, do not wait for me to answer first. You don't need my approval. It's your right. :)

****provocations like: MO is better than NMM and advertising MO in this thread will be immediately reported to moderators.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We cannot stress enough that we are still in the beta stage of NMM. NMM is in a very good state and will be usable by nearly everyone, but Beta stages are typically used for testing and bug fixing, and some of you will find bugs.

We are using a bug tracker system on our forums that allows you to post any bugs you might have with NMM. We cannot fix a bug if you do not report it! Using the tracker system is as intuitive as making a post on a forum, and you can login to it using your Nexus username and password.

We also have a beta test subforum that contains all the information you need to know to get started, report bugs and help us with development of NMM.

Limitations

We don't want to make you think that NMM is the solution to your problems getting 1,000 mods to all work together right now. It's our aim to to reach that point and it's what we're working towards. However, even simple mods can be a complex business and trying to get many mods to all work together is something people in the community have been working hard to do since the start of this community. NMM is designed to make your life downloading, installing, updating and managing mods easier, but it will not currently be the wonder pill that will make all your conflicts and compatibility issues disappear. Load orders, conflicts and compatibility issues still exist with NMM at this time.

Mods may not work for a number of different reasons, and not all of them are the fault of NMM or the mod author who created the mod(s). Please remember this before you verbally abuse us, or the file authors, for not being able to get your mods to work.

Having said that, development is ongoing with NMM to make these difficult aspects of modding as easy to overcome as is possible within the limits of the game. We are working hard to not only ensure these issues are mitigated as much as possible within NMM, but also to ensure our program is compatible with any other tools and utilities you might use at the moment to deal with them.

IMPORTANT!!! IMPORTANT!!! IMPORTANT!!!
Before you do any changes to your game (mod upgrades, uninstallation, new mods installation ... ) :

1. RUN NMM AS ADMINSITRATOR

2.  back up your present game and the mods from Games/Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim/Mods. (You might lose them ... Not necessary, but precautions ... one can never be sure enough ... Seriously - Do back up)

Beginners guide to modding for NMM users (by gromulos)

Installing NMM and everything related to mods (Video tutorials for beginners by Gopher)

https://www.gophersv...-and-load-order

Spoiler

How many mods and plugins does NMM support

Spoiler

How to install Skyrim and FO4 mods mods using NMM (link and video)

How to make Backup and how to restore your Backup 0.63.+

Spoiler

What to do on first installation/upgrading of NMM 0.63.+  (READ THIS - VERY IMPORTANT)
Spoiler

How can I disable "Updating message"

Spoiler

How to create load order list (in pictures)

Adding more supporting tools (text and pictures)
Spoiler

I can no longer interact with mods that have scripted installers after I've installed them. How do I redo the options?

Spoiler

I can't install downloaded mod because NMM sees it as "Read only"

Spoiler

How to properly install and use NMM (basic important tips)
Spoiler

NMM - downloads (Virus free rar and .exe installers. All files were checked for viruses by Kaspersky AV and Anti Malware & Spyware PRO):

- Latest versions 0.63.6, 0.63.7, 0.63.8, 0.63.9, 0.63.12, 0.63.13 - requirements and installation

Spoiler

- (0.62. & 0.63.+ hotfixes description)

Spoiler

How to completely uninstall/remove NMM

Spoiler

I'm getting "Cyclic redundancy check (CRC)" error

Spoiler

NMM 0.56.1 and older versions download  and video: how to revert to earlier NMM workable version)

Spoiler

Spoiler

How to manually revert NMM to older version (before 0.63.+)
Spoiler

NMM and load order tweaking
Spoiler

Mods downloading, but not activating on NMM 0.63.+

Spoiler

Single profile users tip (where to install armour, meshes, textures)

Spoiler

How to play (create) multiple characters.
Spoiler

How to install mods from URLs. (Note: it works only with URLs from Nexus site):
Spoiler

How to work with problematic large size mods that NMM can't install (sometimes)
Spoiler

How to fix missing mod files after migration to lastest NMM version:

Spoiler

How to export your NMM load order:
Spoiler

How to add new category:

Spoiler

NMM is not working, how to fix it:
Spoiler

My NMM is crashing to Desktop (important tips for all NMM new users):
Spoiler

I can't download mods via NMM (for FireFox users):
Spoiler

Answers to various NMM problems:
http://forums.nexusm...requent-issues/

What zip files NMM reads and support?

Spoiler

How to fix "unfixable" mess that NMM 0.63.+ caused
Spoiler

How to report NMM bug to Nexus?
Spoiler

Fundamental fixes and tweaks for smooth Skyrim running

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits and biiiiiiiig "thank you" for help and support, bug reports and tutorials:

- Calliban44 (+ correcting my typing errors and English grammar)

- Slorm

- CPU

- ritualclarity

- prinyo

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Lunsmann

Lunsmann

Grumpy old man .....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Can you change the virtual install folder after it is already installed? Or do I have to remove NMM and start again with a clean install?

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

Can you change the virtual install folder after it is already installed? Or do I have to remove NMM and start again with a clean install?

Yes, you can. I tried twice. Once it worked, second time, it didn't. So I would rather uninstall NMM and reinstall it again.

If you change Virtual install folder, you might have (and may not) a problem with FNIS since NMM recorded the path in its log folder.

Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo

Mindless Skyrim Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Thank for the info, my friend :)

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

Thank for the info, my friend :)

You're welcome. I'm glad if this tips help. :)

Trixxxee

Trixxxee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Thank you! These are the EXACT things that ARE NOT included in the information on this version of NMM! All Im gonna say, besides THANK YOU!!!!

BTW Your Elf is hot! ;)

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

Thank you! These are the EXACT things that ARE NOT included in the information on this version of NMM! All Im gonna say, besides THANK YOU!!!!

BTW Your Elf is hot! ;)

Thank you, very much. :blush:

JRCosta

JRCosta

Arrested for lollygagging... twice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Thanks a lot for this info; after reading it I think I'll stay with the previous NMM version for now.  :D

Lunsmann

Lunsmann

Grumpy old man .....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Another little tip for newbs and dumb asses like me - combine all the FNIS files into ONE archive (zip, rar, 7zip) BEFORE installing it with the new profiles version. First attempt I just enabled the FNIS 5.5 main file, then the Fix1, then the Creatures file followed lastly by the magic file. NMM placed them in separate folders and of course FNIS told me Creatures wasn't installed. I think this was part of the reason I just gave up with MO - like I said I am too old and stupid to learn new stuff and the MO instructions make no sense to me at all - and I have tried 3 times.

Combining all 4 FNIS files into a single 7zip and then dropping that into the NMM mods folder and installing/activating that fixed the bloody thing. AND not a single word on Nexus about installing FNIS in the new NMM at all. 

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

Another little tip for newbs and dumb asses like me - combine all the FNIS files into ONE archive (zip, rar, 7zip) BEFORE installing it with the new profiles version. First attempt I just enabled the FNIS 5.5 main file, then the Fix1, then the Creatures file followed lastly by the magic file. NMM placed them in separate folders and of course FNIS told me Creatures wasn't installed. I think this was part of the reason I just gave up with MO - like I said I am too old and stupid to learn new stuff and the MO instructions make no sense to me at all - and I have tried 3 times.

Combining all 4 FNIS files into a single 7zip and then dropping that into the NMM mods folder and installing/activating that fixed the bloody thing. AND not a single word on Nexus about installing FNIS in the new NMM at all. 

Thanks for the tip. I haven't mention your tip since I didn't have a problem with FNIS installation. If you are NMM user, you don't need FNIS fix 5.5 since it is made for MO users. I installed only those 3 FNIS files and installation went well. But, thank you for mentioning. :)

Lunsmann

Lunsmann

Grumpy old man .....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

I may not have "fixed" it properly. My "girl" seems to be working fine, but I get the following error message in FNIS :

Is it safe to ignore? or will I have issues with other animation packages? I'm probably just an idiot.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5 fix1   18/09/2015 9:58:17 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: D:\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\FNIS Behavior 5.5 Combined Fix1 Creatures Spells Pack\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

I may not have "fixed" it properly. My "girl" seems to be working fine, but I get the following error message in FNIS :

Is it safe to ignore? or will I have issues with other animation packages? I'm probably just an idiot.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5 fix1   18/09/2015 9:58:17 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: D:\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\FNIS Behavior 5.5 Combined Fix1 Creatures Spells Pack\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<

No, please, don't call yourself idiot. You're not.

I would suggest you to do following.

1. Uninstall all FNIS files using NMM.

2. Delete FNIS icon and FNIS files in ...Games/Skyrim/Data/tools.

3. Start NMM and install "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Behavior V5_5 -- ALWAYS necessary"

4. Close NMM  and open FNIS in Game/Skyrim/Data/Tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFnisForUsers

5. When started FNIS press "Update FNIS behaviour"

6. When finished, close the program and click "OK" when asked to save to Desktop

7. Start NMM and install "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Creature Pack 5_3" (it shouldn't ask you to overwrite, but if it does, click "NO")

8. Start FNIS and press "Update FNIS behaviour"

9. When finished, start NMM and install "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Spells V5_0_1 -- ADD-ON for the spells"

10. Again, it shouldn't ask you to overvrite, but if it does, say "NO"

11. Run FNIS and "Update FNIS behaviour"

And that's it. I was doing this numerous times and never had a problem with "FNIS Creatures". Version 5.5 eliminated Creature errors and NMM doesn't need fix. As a matter of fact, I installed fix 2 times and both times had "Creature FNIS errors". So, you don't need it.

Here is the problem in your installation: "D:\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\FNIS Behavior 5.5" - YOU INSTALLED VIiRTUALLINSTALL FNIS into Nexus Mod Manager Skyrim directory. That's why you have error. Reinstall NMM and this time place VirtuallInstall Fnis into only Nexus mod manager, not Skyrim.

4. On the first installation of NMM, be careful to NOT TO install "Virtual Nexus mods install" in the "Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim folder". When asked, chose ONLY main, Nexus Mod Manager folder. Otherwise, FNIS will have a problem finding mods path and it will stop working reporting "original mod path destination" error.

Lunsmann

Lunsmann

Grumpy old man .....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Step 3 - how do I install it into the Skyrim/Data instead of the virtual install? NMM installs to virtual when I click the green arrow.

ok. So reinstall NMM totally from scratch. 

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

That's why you need to reinstall NMM. During the installation, Wizard will ask you where to place Virutall folder. You have to open "Browse" and chose location. The final result will be:

Attached File  2015-09-18 15_06_58-Nexus Mod Manager.jpg   47.79KB   25 downloads

Lunsmann

Lunsmann

Grumpy old man .....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Ok, pictures help. I think I got it now. 

Lunsmann

Lunsmann

Grumpy old man .....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

I just wanted to come back and say thank you for your help yesterday. Everything is all sorted and working great.  :shy:

Pfactor

Pfactor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

7. If you have SKYUI 5.+, NMM will report error and presence of SKYUI 4.+ during re installation of your mods. It will suggest you to uninstall 4.+ version first. Ignore it. Proceed with installation and SKYUI will work fine.

SKYUI did not work fine for me. All the crafting windows were black text so I could not read anything. I asked on the Nexus forum but so far nothing. After it told me about the 4.+ version I went back and erased the errant .swf files and reinstalled SkyUI and it went fine but the problem didn't go away.

(I updated all my mods last night and it was a nightmare with the new NMM)

gvman3670

gvman3670

Crusty Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

It sounds like it's harder to use than MO is. :lol:

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

I just wanted to come back and say thank you for your help yesterday. Everything is all sorted and working great.  :shy:

I'm glad it worked for you. :)

Elf Prince

Elf Prince

Addicted to Eva and Ivy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

7. If you have SKYUI 5.+, NMM will report error and presence of SKYUI 4.+ during re installation of your mods. It will suggest you to uninstall 4.+ version first. Ignore it. Proceed with installation and SKYUI will work fine.

SKYUI did not work fine for me. All the crafting windows were black text so I could not read anything. I asked on the Nexus forum but so far nothing. After it told me about the 4.+ version I went back and erased the errant .swf files and reinstalled SkyUI and it went fine but the problem didn't go away.

I don't know what happened to your game but it's not NMM's fault. It worked for me. Many other users on this forum also reported SKYUI problems and they don't use NMM.

Yea, that's what I said in my text and conclusion: using this version on present game is "painful" and if user do not have a need to upgrade it, better not to. ;) I fought with NMM mod's installation too, but successfully managed to make it all work. :)

Version 0.60.4 came out yesterday and here are hot fixes for Skyrim players:

Hotfix 0.60.4:

• Fixed issue causing the migration process to be unable to reinstall some mods.
  • Fixed issue preventing the ReadMe Manager from properly catching readme files.
  • Fixed issue with the Backup file management.

Maybe this versin might help you. :9