Centaur mod or horse race

Breastex

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, there really hasn't been any progress.  I've been having to back track because nothing I do will fix the back legs issue.  I've decided to try creating a new skeleton.nif that I can load into blender and maybe start making animations.  Since I'm completely ignorant about animations, it's probably going to be a very long road.

• 1 month later...

Good news/bad news.  Bad news first, I've come to an insurmountable wall and the centaurs that I posted will not likely be finished, I know, I know, that is terrible.  Good news, I have made a functioning centaur and once I've cleaned it up I will be posting it (I'll also post the rest of my centaur stuff as a modder's resource, incase anyone wants to try to pick up where I failed.).  The functioning centaur(yes both human and horse bodies) will only be a npc/enemy/follower, couldn't figure out how to make them playable.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just an update, and I make no promises here.  But I've made some more headway on bringing playable centaur race to life.  I've created a functioning skeleton HKX file(needed for animation) I've learned how to combine the human and horse animations(I've only made the one so far though) and I've even got a partially functioning custom Havok project for them.  But there are still lots of bugs that I haven't even come close to figuring out.  The biggest of which is why they only play some of the animations and T-pose for the rest.  You might be thinking, well duh wishnot, you need to run fnis.  But fnis can't work on the centaurs', and it isn't because of the animations, it's because of the custom Havok project.  The way fnis works is by "hacking" the Havok projects, but that will break custom Havok projects(or at least that's what the guy who taught me how to make custom Havok projects told me, and so far he's the only one who's gotten a project to work.  Helped me make a whale's project to help me understand the process.

Just an update, and I make no promises here.  But I've made some more headway on bringing playable centaur race to life.  I've created a functioning skeleton HKX file(needed for animation) I've learned how to combine the human and horse animations(I've only made the one so far though) and I've even got a partially functioning custom Havok project for them.  But there are still lots of bugs that I haven't even come close to figuring out.  The biggest of which is why they only play some of the animations and T-pose for the rest.  You might be thinking, well duh wishnot, you need to run fnis.  But fnis can't work on the centaurs', and it isn't because of the animations, it's because of the custom Havok project.  The way fnis works is by "hacking" the Havok projects, but that will break custom Havok projects(or at least that's what the guy who taught me how to make custom Havok projects told me, and so far he's the only one who's gotten a project to work.  Helped me make a whale's project to help me understand the process.

Wow thats awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived