Feature migration : From Skyrim to Fallout 4

rorycampbell<3

Just wanna create a list here of all the sexy features we want to see implemented into Fallout from ideas or existing modules of current Skyrim loverslab contents. So that fellow modders can take these requests into actions when the game comes out (of course if they are willing to, this is totally voluntary).

Since I can no longer play Skyrim until the end of this year ....  cry...='( .... that's the only thing I can do to the modding community here...

Hopefully this list can grow to a scale that is doable but not too big that can't be handled.

Here are some categories that i have in mind:

Please comment below to add more categories and items!

Body types from the past

Not sure if possible as the body customisation information are not released

- DMRA-GUTS (Personal favourite)

- CBBE-liked shapes with Bodyslide functions

Sex

See how different the new dev kit is, but i think it would be similar to Skyrim as Todd Howard said it's an upgraded Skyrim engine

- Porting of current animation assets from Sexlab framework

After the initial surge of "we gotta port SL!", I came to a realization that a mature person such as me should have come to much faster, and that is that we should let the mod scene progress freely and let people develop new ideas.

Porting current bodies would be a very big step in the wrong direction, as we could use a technology update. Think of how we bounce boobies now - attached to skeleton nodes. But we could add physics (or even PhysX?) to the vertices themselves and create fleshy distortion: not just the boob moving out of an object's (finger's) way, but deform inward to make a "valley" for the object.

Same goes for SL - it's great, but have you heard of 0sex? The 0S project? The older animations in the SL framework pale in comparison to the newer ones, like Leito's work. Some even suck, truth be told (think of the super-static AP animations from the old AP mod). And everything is kinda getting out-shined by what is being attempted in the 0sex project.

Porting would keep us locked in our current way of thinking, and that would get old quickly. We need new, fresh mods.

I will just chime in here with one major thing before anything else...

we have not heard or have any confermation yet if Fallout 4 is modable or if any mod kits like G.E.C.K is comming to it... simply put this is too early to even speculate

Than said I would love to seems them add as well ;) but I highly doubt that some of my favorit mods get update and add to Fallout 4 ;)

First we need a male and a female naked body.

I recommend Bodyslide for Fallout 4 that makes both males and females meshes.

After that a good penis and if its possible a penis we can add by default on our female so we can have the futanaris :P

Then we can talk about the rest .

EDIT: But still the main problem is , if they make Fallout 4 with focus on Consoles we will we at PC YET AGAIN get a crappy port ?

If yes then I guess the modders again have to fix all the problems....

Already ?

I think you should not the mods for Fallout new vegas, and add them to the list.

Of course, Sexout4...

After the initial surge of "we gotta port SL!", I came to a realization that a mature person such as me should have come to much faster, and that is that we should let the mod scene progress freely and let people develop new ideas.

Porting current bodies would be a very big step in the wrong direction, as we could use a technology update. Think of how we bounce boobies now - attached to skeleton nodes. But we could add physics (or even PhysX?) to the vertices themselves and create fleshy distortion: not just the boob moving out of an object's (finger's) way, but deform inward to make a "valley" for the object.

Same goes for SL - it's great, but have you heard of 0sex? The 0S project? The older animations in the SL framework pale in comparison to the newer ones, like Leito's work. Some even suck, truth be told (think of the super-static AP animations from the old AP mod). And everything is kinda getting out-shined by what is being attempted in the 0sex project.

Porting would keep us locked in our current way of thinking, and that would get old quickly. We need new, fresh mods.

Yes we need fresh mods of course, but i'm talking about using existing animation assets for the new framework;

and for the body types, i think i may have miss led you, what i mean is just the shape, not the skeletons and everything with it. if the new bodyslide is capable of doing something citrus can do plus more, we can all enjoy great bodyshapes like 7b, cbbe, DMRA-GUTS, TBD......

I wouldn't put too much hope into that.

To be honest I don't think Bethesda will spend that much time in their model and animation department. They never did, why start now?

Also the character creations that we have seen so far could very well just cleverly masked, although seemingly improved and independent, methods of sliders. It could also very well be an amalgamation of face parts. Who knows what kind of surprises we will run into.

Playing armchair stare into the crystal ball:

The early nude body will likely be modify version of original, which will inevitably be lacking because "they were not designed well" or "they were never meant to do what we need"

Bonus point for running into irremovable pipe boy again or certain weird "unfixable" issues due to skeleton. (remember shoulder width, high heels, etc)

And the skeleton...it will once again be "not designed well" or "they were never meant to do what we need." Improvement will be made, it will also be built off the original to the best of modders' abilities.

Also remember how adding animation into Skyrim was a shit show?

And what sort of physics will actually be available this time? 

Everyones best bet for release is to just play the game ( at least till you hit all the Beth game release bugs/crashes!) and enjoy it.

It will take time for people  to get used to the new software to be released, then more time for trial and error.  If your not wanting to play F4 without modding it, then I suggest waiting till about 4 to 6 months after release to seriously think about playing it.

Me I plan on playing FNV /GW2 until a few months pass and they release patches for the game.  Already got my pre order done on announce.  And its not like the FNV section will die out, I actually think we may see a slight increase of mods for FNV right after F4 hits due to people wanting certain items in FNV from F4.

Archived