[CK2] Static Portrait Replacer ver. 4.00 [CKII 2.7.1+ Compatible]

Is there any reason why you capped it 22 frames? Mine seems to cycle back to frame 1 after I use 27 frames.

Would love to know a method to automate adding this many traits and modifiers that I gotta do manually, lol.

Hmm, I still can't exceed over 21 portraits (22 frames) on a bar. Creampie or rea_jak, could either of you attach your mod folder so I can take a look? I'm not sure what you guys did different to push the limit to 26. It's basically doing the same thing it did to me a long time ago, which is it ignores any portrait over portrait 21. It applies the trait, but not the portrait.

Is there any reason why you capped it 22 frames? Mine seems to cycle back to frame 1 after I use 27 frames.

Would love to know a method to automate adding this many traits and modifiers that I gotta do manually, lol.

Hmm, I still can't exceed over 21 portraits (22 frames) on a bar. Creampie or rea_jak, could either of you attach your mod folder so I can take a look? I'm not sure what you guys did different to push the limit to 26. It's basically doing the same thing it did to me a long time ago, which is it ignores any portrait over portrait 21. It applies the trait, but not the portrait.

only changed portrait_properties 1-22, portraitsprites and added 5 traits

27slot.rar

I tried to get it up to 40 slots when I mistakenly fooled myself thinking I succeeded with 30 slots. Thats when I realized that I couldn't get past 89 thus having it capped at 27 (including the blank one).

I should mention that I edited Dark World's files btw. If that makes any difference.

40slotfailure.7z

Wow, okay, I figured it out. It was how I was saving out my .dds file in Photoshop. Turns out I had alpha channel turned on over the new portraits I was adding, so they were transparent! So yes, I've got each bar to 27 frames now. I knew it was strange when I was comparing my code to Creampie's and everything seemed fine, until I noticed his .dds file worked, but mine didn't, lol.

Plus, I'm noticing the alpha channel I have for some of the existing portraits looks hideous. This explains why on certain portraits (ie. portraits 14, 35, 56, 77) I had black bleeding out over the edges, because the alpha layer wasn't properly masking it.

I'll roll out the alpha fix with the next update, including the unlocked scars layer.

The latest template pack is now uploaded to my topic post (ver 1.20). Or you can get it here. If you already own the previous version (1.02), you do not necessarily have to update, unless you want more portraits and care about the slightly improved circle border fixes.

ver 1.20
(Currently for Template Pack only. The Anime Pack will soon follow once I acquire 130 portraits for it. The Real People Pack I'm suspending, for now.)

• Fixed bad alpha channels around portraits (esp. portraits 14, 35, 56, and 77) for better transparency and to eliminate black bleeding outside the in-game circle borders.
  • Improved formatting of portrait_properties file to match Creampie's version.
  • Increased the number of portraits by unlocking the scars property slot for an additional portrait bar.
  • Squeezed an additional five portraits onto each of the five property slots. Special thanks to Creampie and rea_jak for mentioning this was possible. All these changes now push the total number of portraits capable for this mod to 130, up from originally 84.

• 2 months later...

goons at paradox aren't expandin the amount of p slots

The only other way around it I can think of is shuffling out old images for new ones to keep your content fresh in your mind, or finding a way to implement extra cultures into the game, like AGoT does for dragons and giants, but I don't see how I could apply that to a traditional CKII game.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ReMedy
I have something strange with the portrait, as you can see in the attached pictures. I use all the pack Dark World Reborn + Hantai mod. Should I install Remedy Replace Portrait AnimPack, for correcting?

For moment my problem is with Matiya (a wolf) and Mey (a Futanari).

Thank you

post-241018-0-91578100-1464176606_thumb.png

post-241018-0-78452900-1464176617_thumb.png

I had test your work, could you look me screenshot, I started the game with a problem with the image of Arley

post-241018-0-61431200-1464284054_thumb.png

Hi ReMedy
I have something strange with the portrait, as you can see in the attached pictures. I use all the pack Dark World Reborn + Hantai mod. Should I install Remedy Replace Portrait AnimPack, for correcting?

For moment my problem is with Matiya (a wolf) and Mey (a Futanari).

Thank you

Oh, my portrait mod isn't compatible with the Dark World Reborn version of my portrait mod. You're only allowed one portrait mod. You no doubt want to use your own portraits while still using Dark World Reborn, so if this is your issue, your best bet is opening up the Dark World Reborn portrait mod, find empty unused slots Dew isn't using, then place your own portraits into those slots. Then in-game, use the console to call up the portrait trait corresponding to your portrait to manually assign the portrait. The problem with this approach is if Dew later adds more portraits, your version will conflict with his, so pick unused portraits you think he won't use.

Alternatively, you could say, to hell with Dew's portraits, use mine, and add whatever portraits you want. Problem with that is it would break his portrait assignments, so you wouldn't see any of his werewolves, Fenris, Harley, etc. You may consider adding your own werewolves and Harley, and everytime you come across their characters, manually assign them a portrait of your choosing via console.

These look really nice! I can't imagine how long it took you! if you're cool with it, can I put these in the topic post for others to notice easier and download?

I had test your work, could you look me screenshot, I started the game with a problem with the image of Arley

What's happening is because that real woman is in the slot reserved for Harley, Dark World is using the real woman portrait instead of her. This is one of the things I'm referring to when I mean you can only use one portrait pack. This also means when Dark World assigns portraits to werewolves, they'll show up as real girl pictures, because real girls are occupying the portrait slots reserved for the werewolves.

Having said that, why the picture's off-center I'm not sure. I looked at his portraits and they look fine.

Okay, I found out why your portraits appear off-center for Charli. You're using an older version of my mod that only supported up to 84 portraits (21 x 4 over four files). My new version supports up to 130 portraits (26 x 5 over five files). What's happening is Charli is using my new code that is treating the portraits as if there were 130 total portraits, but when a player uses your files, the code doesn't know how to position only 84 portraits, because the total image size is different than what the code is wanting.

I still would love to link your portraits though to the topic title, but I'll just put a disclaimer that your portraits won't work with my new code. I'll provide the players with the old code instead, in case they want to use yours.

Okay, I found out why your portraits appear off-center for Charli. You're using an older version of my mod that only supported up to 84 portraits (21 x 4 over four files). My new version supports up to 130 portraits (26 x 5 over five files). What's happening is Charli is using my new code that is treating the portraits as if there were 130 total portraits, but when a player uses your files, the code doesn't know how to position only 84 portraits, because the total image size is different than what the code is wanting.

I still would love to link your portraits though to the topic title, but I'll just put a disclaimer that your portraits won't work with my new code. I'll provide the players with the old code instead, in case they want to use yours.

Of course, you can do what you want with them! 

I have made some 26 portrait versions as well, although the last one is not finished, I have atteched the 26 portrait files. I also haven't tested this version as much.

post-780187-0-43647600-1464538571_thumb.jpg

remedy_portrait_swapping.dds

remedy_portrait_swapping2.dds

remedy_portrait_swapping3.dds

remedy_portrait_swapping4.dds

remedy_portrait_swapping5.dds

Of course, you can do what you want with them! 

I have made some 26 portrait versions as well, although the last one is not finished, I have atteched the 26 portrait files. I also haven't tested this version as much.

attachicon.gifremedy_portrait_swappingAGT130.jpg

Okay that makes things easier. I'll post that version then, and if you ever update it to completion, I'll update the topic. I'll call your version 0.90, since you're still updating it.

Is there a way to get photoshop to divide the canvas into 152x152 tiles? My eyes bleed whenever I see these misalignments.

Using paint.net and I'm just dragging them next to each other, lol

If there is, I don't use it. What I did was I just made a square box that was 152x152 and used that as a measuring tool. I'd also use guidelines to mark where 152px boxes begin and end. I also enable the ruler view and right-click the ruler to adjust the increments from inches to pixels. I like to zoom in very close to be more precise.

I have a Photoshop template made out that would streamline the process for you probably. You can just throw portraits into it and call it a day, since I already measured everything and created the guidelines separating each portrait.

remedy_portrait_swapping.zip

I wanted to share a quick screenshot observation from CKII's recent developer diary:

seclusion-jpg.184371

^ I can guarantee, based on the gfx and the new trait, this eyepatch will be a new property slot, unless they tie this into the existing blinded_eye property slot somehow. There's also this interesting screenshot:

hospital-jpg.184372

^ This is the first time we've seen masks in CKII. This may also be a new property slot. Either way, if just one of these ends up being a new property slot, that gives me another 26 portraits to work with, or 52 if they're both new property slots. Regardless, this will break my mod and Dark World's, so I'll have to be prepared for when this DLC rolls out. Despite that, I'm really excited for this new DLC if it means expanding my mod, and with more ways for characters to die, it could also improve PC performance in the late game, which would make everyone happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an interesting image I saw from the recent CKII development diary:

showcase-jpg.192515

If each of those injuries is a separate property slot, like I think it is, then that will be a shit ton of possible portraits. That would be 26 each, plus the ones we already have (it could be the masks are all treated as one property slot). The bad news is I need to find a better way of organizing my mod to provide the player different download options based on what portrait properties they want to keep versus the ones they are fine letting go of. Injuries are an important addition to this DLC, and because they look a lot more obvious and better than the old existing injuries, it's not fair for everyone if I just break all of them for the sake of more portraits!

For now, I'm going to take a wait and see approach until I can look through the files. It could be I'm wrong and Paradox takes a different approach to property slots, so no sense worrying about it until I know more, but I'm just saying the potential for more portraits should be coming to those of you willing to trade any of these gfx for more portraits.

I just made these two portrait files with women painted by The Pit. 

attachicon.gifremedy_portrait_swapping_templatePackAgtPIT12.jpg

attachicon.gifremedy_portrait_swapping3.ddsattachicon.gifremedy_portrait_swapping4.dds

Thanks for these! I went ahead and linked your post in the topic under your other portraits.

Hm. Doesn't work with the "A Game of Thrones" mod. I assume it likely uses the 'red dots'; 'blinded eyes'; etc slots. Is there any work around that anyone has thought of that might allow for the usage of this with such mods?

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping for questions about GOT mod. As much as I like the GOT mod, I don't like the default ck2 models and would love static portraits to work

Alright, I'll upload to LLab and Steam by tomorrow night. Maybe even tonight if I can get the ball rolling.

The reason I was sitting on the files though is because myself and several others I've seen have mentioned AGoT is notorious for crashing in the late game, so I don't see the point in a sub-mod for a mod that doesn't work, lol. It's odd because the mod RUNS great, but it shits itself anyways late. At least now that we know about the LLab forum migration situation (or lack thereof), I feel better about uploading new files here.

Edit: I wasn't aware AGoT was updated to ver 1.2. Having said that, I'll need to update my portraits to link them to the new files, so it definitely won't be released tonight.