Game was working fine, then a crash happened, now it isn't.

goldengrave

Admittedly, I don't actually know what exactly this crash did, as it was a few days ago and I thought I could fix it all pretty easily. I've gotten the game to work just fine, albeit with two issues.

When I run FNIS, it now has decided to recognize some hkx skeleton with 150 bones instead of the xp32 skeleton.

It was a tbbp skeleton at first, but I turned off Selene Kate and that stopped being the focus so there is that.

Seeing this, I decided to get the max skeleton since I was needing to do that anyway, and it seemed like I just needed to reinstall it.

FNIS just doesn't recognize it.

The other issue is that Familiar Faces purged itself of all character data, though I don't mind that nearly as much as characters being broken and morphed by the wrong skeleton.

For XPMSE (skeleton) nothing must overwrite it. If you use NMM simply re-install it, if you use MO put it below everything(nothing must overwrite it).

Now for FNIS there should be an option called "groovtamas Alternative ...." check that also check Gender Specific patch and Skeleton arm fix. Then run it.

Also do run LOOT when you add a mod that have .esp files.

@goldengrave

Not many are going to try to guess as to what maybe your problem you need to post your load order and any other info you may think is helpful for anyone to be able to help. Without a load order we have no clue as to what you have installed into your game. Have you tried running TES5EDIT to see if that finds anything? You can find it on the nexus. It can point out load order issues missing masters and things like that. 

Archived