Need Help With Mod Organizer

Vynarus

Did your BodySlide files go into the overwrite folder? If not, then where did they go? To Skyrim/data/meshes?

I don't see them anywhere in Skyrim/data/meshes, but, they didn't go to the overwrite folder either. I installed to MO and only know that they're in the MO folder in the Skyrim folder.

More about FNIS:

for some reason the 5.5.1fix is packaged weirdly. To install the fix correctly through MO (I hope you installed FNIS with MO?), just do the usual steps until you see this:

attachicon.gifscreenshot FNIS fix.jpg

at that point click OK to install. And that is all. It will work.

Yea, I had done that; FNIS hasn't given me any issues since then, thankfully.

Could you maybe post an official loadorder from your MO/profiles/<profilename> folder just to see if maybe there are loadorder issues there? Just add the file to a message. To do that click on the "More reply options" bottom right of this message area.

EDIT: actually, could you post the modlist.txt. The loadorder is the from the right hand pane and basically redundant, unless you don't let MO manages your archives.

Did your BodySlide files go into the overwrite folder? If not, then where did they go? To Skyrim/data/meshes?

I don't see them anywhere in Skyrim/data/meshes, but, they didn't go to the overwrite folder either. I installed to MO and only know that they're in the MO folder in the Skyrim folder.

With any files generated by either a mod in Skyrim(like RaceMenu Presets or mods that generate a log file), or programs like FNIS or Bodyslide, MO will first want to place them in your overwrite folder. This is the usual case, but at times, with some files, if the generated files already exist within one of your mods folders, then it will overwrite the existing file - such as if you run Bodyslide with an existing CBBE or UNP body mod already installed, the new meshes will go into that mod's folders, and replace the existing .nif files.

But mostly with FNIS generated files, I have not seen this happen. All the files generated by FNIS will go into the overwrite folder/mod - which then goes into a new mod. You say you cannot use the "Create Mod" option when right-clicking the overwrite line?

A tip though - for mods that generate a .log file, you don't have to delete them. Instead you can move them to the same folder within the related mod, and then the file won't appear in the overwrite each time the game is run and closed. I know the HDT-PE and HDT High Heels mods do this, at least. The same goes for RaceMenu presets, which you can move into the main mod, and the game will still be able to read and overwrite them.

Never ever never ever delete the contents of the overwrite folder. NEVER. That could very well be your problem. That's where all the animation files from FNIS go, tri files for heads and bodies from RaceMenu or ECE, and lots of other important stuff goes.

So re-run FNIS, BodySlide and any other things you need to run. Let the stuff go into the overwrites folder at the bottom of the left pane. When you're done generating everything right click the overwrites folder and choose "make a mod", name it something relevant to the profile's name, then keep it activated at the bottom of that profile's left pane. Repeat for each profile you have.

If you ever run FNIS or other tools again, and new stuff goes into overwrites, simply open overwrites and then drag/drop the new stuff into the overwrites pseudomod you created earlier.

Did all that, still no dice. CBBE Bodysliders isn't even working either - no changes to... well anything.

I had this problem too because I had checked all the bodies in Bodyslide when I was about to do batch build.

So for that I unchecked all the bodies (apart from CBBE HDT since that's the one I want, same with feet) but did not uncheck the armor (unless there were multiple versions of each armor such as BBP/TBBP/HDT, I picked only 1 version and unchecked others) then made batch build, after that I clicked the build bodies.

I right Clicked the Overwrite and selected Create Mod and named it "Bodyslide - Patch" then enabled it after that everything worked.

Your problem might be that you have all the bodies checked when you are doing Batch Build.

Could you maybe post an official loadorder from your MO/profiles/<profilename> folder just to see if maybe there are loadorder issues there? Just add the file to a message. To do that click on the "More reply options" bottom right of this message area.

EDIT: actually, could you post the modlist.txt. The loadorder is the from the right hand pane and basically redundant, unless you don't let MO manages your archives.

(I can't figure out how to upload a file)

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

+FNIS

+BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio

+Alternate Start - Live Another Life

+SkyUI

+RaceMenu

+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - Creatures

+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS

+XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

+Realistic Ragdolls and Force

+Feminine Argonian Textures for CBBE-UNP (Chameleon and Lizard)

+Feminine Khajiit Textures for CBBE,UNP (Grey Cat and Leopard)

+Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-

+HDT Physics Extensions

*Unmanaged: FNISspells

*Unmanaged: Dawnguard

*Unmanaged: Dragonborn

*Unmanaged: HearthFires

*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01

*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02

*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

I had this problem too because I had checked all the bodies in Bodyslide when I was about to do batch build.

So for that I unchecked all the bodies (apart from CBBE HDT since that's the one I want, same with feet) but did not uncheck the armor (unless there were multiple versions of each armor such as BBP/TBBP/HDT, I picked only 1 version and unchecked others) then made batch build, after that I clicked the build bodies.

I right Clicked the Overwrite and selected Create Mod and named it "Bodyslide - Patch" then enabled it after that everything worked.

Your problem might be that you have all the bodies checked when you are doing Batch Build.

With Bodyslide 2 and Outfit Studio I only chose the CBBE tick box.

Well, there is not much in your modlist that could cause problems, apart from the fact that you have no animation mods installed and that you didn't merge the seperate FNIS modules into one mod. I don't know if that would cause any problems with how FNIS functions though, but I would suggest that you reinstall FNIS and merge the modules. Here is how:

- Uninstall all the FNIS things you have installed now (just right click on them in the left pane and choose remove mod)

- If you downloaded FNIS and its modules through MO, they should still be in the "Downloads" tab of MO. Just double click the main file (FNIS Behaviour v5_5) to reinstall.

- Next install the FNIS Creature behaviours. Double click again, but change the name of the mod to "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS" (<-- very important!), then proceed to install as usual. Instead of just installing, you will now get an extra popup asking you what to do. Pick "MERGE" (not any other option!!) and it will be merged into FNIS. Note that there won't be a new mod in your list in the left pane, just "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS".

*** if you don't get the option to merge the modules, you didn't change the name to reflect the "main" mod (Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS)

- repeat the above step for all the FNIS modules.

- if all went well, you will only have one mod in the left pane called "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS".

- now use the executable gears button to point to the new FNIS install.

- Run FNIS to see if it works as it should (returning no errors!)

As far as you modlist goes, have you managed to get LOOT into the executables yet? If so, run LOOT as the executable (not the build-in MO one) and have that sort your mod list.

The major thing to remember when using LOOT is that it will sort the RIGHT pane. So what you need to do, is sort the left pane to reflect the right pane (yes, it is a pain (drumroll please), but neccessary)

Now I am giving you two links with REQUIRED reading on using MO: the long version and the shortish version of the user guide. For the shortish version, click on the "detailed instructions" link behind the executables. It might be a good idea to check the STEP guide for detailed installation instructions on the mods you plan to use (if they are listed) for tips, ignoring any STEP recommendations, unless you want to actually follow the STEP installation.

Well, there is not much in your modlist that could cause problems, apart from the fact that you have no animation mods installed and that you didn't merge the seperate FNIS modules into one mod. I don't know if that would cause any problems with how FNIS functions though, but I would suggest that you reinstall FNIS and merge the modules. Here is how:

- Uninstall all the FNIS things you have installed now (just right click on them in the left pane and choose remove mod)

- If you downloaded FNIS and its modules through MO, they should still be in the "Downloads" tab of MO. Just double click the main file (FNIS Behaviour v5_5) to reinstall.

- Next install the FNIS Creature behaviours. Double click again, but change the name of the mod to "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS" (<-- very important!), then proceed to install as usual. Instead of just installing, you will now get an extra popup asking you what to do. Pick "MERGE" (not any other option!!) and it will be merged into FNIS. Note that there won't be a new mod in your list in the left pane, just "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS".

*** if you don't get the option to merge the modules, you didn't change the name to reflect the "main" mod (Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS)

- repeat the above step for all the FNIS modules.

- if all went well, you will only have one mod in the left pane called "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS".

- now use the executable gears button to point to the new FNIS install.

- Run FNIS to see if it works as it should (returning no errors!)

As far as you modlist goes, have you managed to get LOOT into the executables yet? If so, run LOOT as the executable (not the build-in MO one) and have that sort your mod list.

The major thing to remember when using LOOT is that it will sort the RIGHT pane. So what you need to do, is sort the left pane to reflect the right pane (yes, it is a pain (drumroll please), but neccessary)

Now I am giving you two links with REQUIRED reading on using MO: the long version and the shortish version of the user guide. For the shortish version, click on the "detailed instructions" link behind the executables. It might be a good idea to check the STEP guide for detailed installation instructions on the mods you plan to use (if they are listed) for tips, ignoring any STEP recommendations, unless you want to actually follow the STEP installation.

Got the FNIS re-installed properly, still gives an error, though.

I did manage to get Loot into the executables, not entirely sure how, though.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

UPDATE ABOUT MY FNIS ISSUE

Alright, so, when I went to the Data tab to add FNIS to my executables, I think it did the one installed in my base Skyrim data folder. Whether or not that was supposed to be the way it went, I don't know, but, after another fresh install (it's the only way I know how to make sure things work correctly...) I installed FNIS (the correct way) and navigated the Add Executable window (which worked this time, for whatever reason) and used the one installed in the Mod Organizer Mods folder. I ran FNIS, and NO errors.

Things that were different:

• I installed the Mod Organizer with the Source Forge installer, NOT by downloading the one from Nexus and installing manually by drag and dropping.
  • I was actually able to add an exectuable. (I don't know if it necessarily required me to use the "modify" method someone had posted earlier, but, I did click on an already made executable and just changed the name and binary)
  • I installed FNIS correctly on a fresh install.

From here, I'm gonna go forth and see if I can resolve some more of my issues. As it stands, FNIS is fine and dandy. No more help required unless posted later.

Still no physics - racking my brain here.

Here is my modlist:

modlist.txt

And here is the load order:

loadorder.txt

I've followed this link to try and get it working, yet to no avail. I've also gone and installed the files to Data/skse/plugins, but that also did nothing. Everything else is starting to work fine - my CBBE is doing okay, as are the Khajiit and Argonian skins.
I've looked around Google, and haven't been able to find anyone with the same issue that didn't already try what I did above. I even tried to locate a Mod Organizer installation (video) guide on how to install it properly, but have found none whatsoever. 

Am I just missing some files, or have I got it installed wrong? Also, am I just blind, and you easily found what I might be looking for? If so... please, link it!

Thanks to everyone for helping so far.

I went ahead and made a second profile to see how XPMS faired against XPMSE3 as I KNOW I installed XPMS back on Nexus and everything worked fine then. I followed the same install procedure as I did on NMM, and I chose to use the "dagger back hip" tickbox (or whatever it was called, I've already forgotten), and, after FNIS (whether I needed it or not) I made a new character, and gave myself a dagger, which didn't equip on the back.

Quit to desktop, disabled XPMSE3 and left the original XPMS on, FNIS, hop on that character again, and still, no equip.

I would think that the only way the HDT-PE mod would not work is if you either do not run Skyrim with SKSE, or you do not have any mods that HDT would effect. The order could be the problem, any mods that overwrite things in the main HDT mod would need to come after in order to work. I don't think any mod would need to overwrite HDT's main .dll file, but I'm not sure about that.

I'd suggest moving around that modlist a bit though. Is it displayed in the txt file the same as in MO? I'd have the DLCs and such come first, and then all the rest of your mods. Especailly if you are planning to install the Unoffcial patches. At least something like this for the DLCs and the patches if you install them...

Unoffical Skyrim Patch

*Unmanaged:Dawnguard

Unoffical Dawnguard Patch

*Unmanaged:Hearthfires

Unoffical Hearthfire Patch

*Unmanaged:Dragonborn

Unoffical Dragonborn patch

And similar for the High-Res DLC and it's Unoffical patch. Also, not sure if you have to, but I'd have everything but the games' DLC managed by MO. As for the load order, the only thing I think might need to be changed is for LAL to load last. Almost everytime I've run LOOT, that is where it has put it. Only way anything would need to go after it is if it is a patch for it, like the one for the Khajiit Dialouge Overhaul, which changes your responses to Mara to sound more like a Khajiit.

I would think that the only way the HDT-PE mod would not work is if you either do not run Skyrim with SKSE, or you do not have any mods that HDT would effect. The order could be the problem, any mods that overwrite things in the main HDT mod would need to come after in order to work. I don't think any mod would need to overwrite HDT's main .dll file, but I'm not sure about that.

See, I didn't think it would be an issue with anything but SKSE... Now, since Mod Organizer doesn't touch the Skyrim install, would the fact it launches SKSE from the Skyrim install be an issue? Or would I need to make an SKSE area inside the Mod Organizer folder? Every other mod works fine, so, I'm a little baffled as to why HDT-PE refuses to cooperate.

Is this the skeleton (3.13) that you're using? http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

Which CBBE body are you using? Not all are HDT ready.

Yes, that's the one I am using, but installed from Nexus (as if it makes a difference.)

I'm just using the main CBBE Curvy bodies - which has worked before - no other "flavor."

I tried the Slim body from the CBBE installer, but that also didn't work. I hadn't tried the one that tries to keep true to the Vanilla body type.

Yes, that's the one I am using, but installed from Nexus (as if it makes a difference.)

I'm just using the main CBBE Curvy bodies - which has worked before - no other "flavor."

I tried the Slim body from the CBBE installer, but that also didn't work. I hadn't tried the one that tries to keep true to the Vanilla body type.

Doesn't matter where the skelly came from, just that you have the newest one.

I can't tell if that's actually a TBBP/HDT body there. It doesn't readily appear to be. Try throwing in a known body mesh that works and see what happens. Are you using BodySlide?

I can't tell if that's actually a TBBP/HDT body there. It doesn't readily appear to be. Try throwing in a known body mesh that works and see what happens. Are you using BodySlide?

I am not using BodySlide. 

Noob question: Is there a list of the body types HDT works with? I can't seem to find any "know-to-work" bodies.

Noob question: Is there a list of the body types HDT works with? I can't seem to find any "know-to-work" bodies.

CBBE's HDT variants have to be built from BodySlide.

Noob question: Is there a list of the body types HDT works with? I can't seem to find any "know-to-work" bodies.

Well, if that doesn't make me feel like a complete knob. I'll install it right quick and see how it goes.

Alright, how does one do this? To make the physics work, I mean? If that is what it does.

Hey Vynarus, sent you a PM don't think you have noticed it though :P

Didn't notice until you posted! My bad, hah.

Alright guys, thanks for all the help! Luckily, Kana Red had come in to the rescue!

They showed me how to do what cell had suggested, and now things are running a lot smoother! I'll be posting the steps (and hopefully with pictures in order to help anyone else) to fixing the problem in just a little bit.

See, I didn't think it would be an issue with anything but SKSE... Now, since Mod Organizer doesn't touch the Skyrim install, would the fact it launches SKSE from the Skyrim install be an issue? Or would I need to make an SKSE area inside the Mod Organizer folder? Every other mod works fine, so, I'm a little baffled as to why HDT-PE refuses to cooperate.

The original SKSE is the only "mod" that you have to install, manually, into the skyrim folder. You can however install SKSE plugins through MO.

I have no experience whatsoever with HDT and CBBE/UNP or what-have-you, so I am very glad for you that Kana Red and cell came to the rescue ;)

Noob question: Is there a list of the body types HDT works with? I can't seem to find any "know-to-work" bodies.

I figured your body mesh had to be the problem judging from the few mods you've got installed. That was the only missing piece of the puzzle honestly.

As for BodySlide, you can adjust all the body morphs in RaceMenu now, too, and that's a cool thing in itself.

Archived