Need Help With Mod Organizer

Vynarus

So you've now gone through the virtual overwrites in the left pane and let the built-in LOOT sort the right pane, correct? How is it working now?

Not much better. Luckily, this is a separate profile from, what I would call, the absolute minimum version I have, with SkyUI and other small gameplay changes. Off of there, I'll make a copy and see if I can get my bodies and HDT to work from there.

Well, to no avail, I suppose. I only used my:

CBBE

Feminine Argonian

Feminine Khajiit

Argonian Raptor Feet

RaceMenu

Alternate Start

SkyUI

XPMSE

HDT

HDT High Heels

FNIS - Main, Spells, and Creatures

Mfg Console

NetImmerse Override

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

And, my Khajiit textures were working, but the Argonian was not.

I checked the MCM menu for XPMSE, and in the information it says XPMSE Skeleton 0.00000000 | Groovtama: You failed do it again!

And... I dunno what to do about that... I know I've got it installed proper, I even went into FNIS to make sure the patches were enabled.

Most of my profiles are named for the character I'm playing. While I'm not heavy into roleplay, I've found much more interest in playing Skyrim with a character I create, not just starting a game and going for anything. I've probably spent over an hour before just with the character creation, and have sometimes not started even choosing mods for a character...because I have to name the profile first. Any other game it's been during character creation where I've had that problem. With Skyrim and MO, it's when either creating or Copying an existing profile. Of coruse, then I might spend the aforementioned hour creating the character, perhaps not even starting the game at all at that point, because say I have a hair mod or something like that, and am not going to be using one of the hairs in the mod for my character, so I'd rather remove it and any mods that depend on it, than leave it. That is why I love the option to save a preset in RaceMenu.

For the Skeleton, Check to see if The Realistic Ragdolls and Force mod is above XPMSE 3, that way XPMSE's skeletons are used when the game runs.

CBBE

Feminine Argonian

Feminine Khajiit

Argonian Raptor Feet

RaceMenu

Alternate Start

SkyUI

XPMSE

HDT

HDT High Heels

Mfg Console

NetImmerse Override

I checked the MCM menu for XPMSE, and in the information it says XPMSE Skeleton 0.00000000 | Groovtama: You failed do it again!

And... I dunno what to do about that... I know I've got it installed proper, I even went into FNIS to make sure the patches were enabled.

You don't need NIOverride (it's built into RM as far as I can tell).

What options did you choose while installing the skeleton? You don't want the BBP or TBBP rig when installing. And is it being overwritten according to the left pane?

Most of my profiles are named for the character I'm playing. While I'm not heavy into roleplay, I've found much more interest in playing Skyrim with a character I create, not just starting a game and going for anything. I've probably spent over an hour before just with the character creation, and have sometimes not started even choosing mods for a character...because I have to name the profile first. Any other game it's been during character creation where I've had that problem. With Skyrim and MO, it's when either creating or Copying an existing profile. Of coruse, then I might spend the aforementioned hour creating the character, perhaps not even starting the game at all at that point, because say I have a hair mod or something like that, and am not going to be using one of the hairs in the mod for my character, so I'd rather remove it and any mods that depend on it, than leave it. That is why I love the option to save a preset in RaceMenu.

For the Skeleton, Check to see if The Realistic Ragdolls and Force mod is above XPMSE 3, that way XPMSE's skeletons are used when the game runs.

I'll definitely be getting more sorted once I have a strong grasp on how to navigate and use MO; as it stands now, I just wanna make sure different stuff works at the same time (like... MiasLair would be one chunk of stuff, while Devious Devices and Enslaved and whatnot would be another) but, all of that kinda matters little to me without the physics, and it really shouldn't. Another bugging issue is that, when I'm zoomed in on my character in 3rd person mode, I see what looks like very thin lines running through the body, which I've just assumed is some bit of the skeleton trying to work.

I moved Realistic Ragdolls above XPMSE 3 and it got sorted in the MCM menu, thank you.

CBBE

Feminine Argonian

Feminine Khajiit

Argonian Raptor Feet

RaceMenu

Alternate Start

SkyUI

XPMSE

HDT

HDT High Heels

Mfg Console

NetImmerse Override

You don't need NIOverride (it's built into RM as far as I can tell).

What options did you choose while installing the skeleton? You don't want the BBP or TBBP rig when installing. And is it being overwritten according to the left pane?

I only have NIO as one of the mods I was using said it was required. But, uninstalling it should cause no issue, correct?

The skeleton is not being overwritten by anything.

Skeleton options:

Base Animations:

Dual

Magic Animations:

None

Shout:

None

First Person and Mounted Combat Options:

None

Extended Monster Skeletons:

Alls

Havok:

Default Skeleton Rig Map

I'll definitely be getting more sorted once I have a strong grasp on how to navigate and use MO; as it stands now, I just wanna make sure different stuff works at the same time (like... MiasLair would be one chunk of stuff, while Devious Devices and Enslaved and whatnot would be another) but, all of that kinda matters little to me without the physics, and it really shouldn't. Another bugging issue is that, when I'm zoomed in on my character in 3rd person mode, I see what looks like very thin lines running through the body, which I've just assumed is some bit of the skeleton trying to work.

I moved Realistic Ragdolls above XPMSE 3 and it got sorted in the MCM menu, thank you.

Are they like gold colored lines? If so, look for no "No More Bronze Shine" on Nexus and put it below your skin texture in MO's left pane. Fixed. :lol:

Are they like gold colored lines? If so, look for no "No More Bronze Shine" on Nexus and put it below your skin texture in MO's left pane. Fixed. :lol:

I don't know if I'd call them gold. In the Alternate Start dungeon lighting, they look white. I'll see right quick, however, outside.

Personally, I probably would not play Skyrim, if it wasn't for MO. The existance of it was one of the reasons why I decided to get the game. I had a lot of issues with Oblivion, some of them things I could not really deal with at all. Like crashing when there seemd to be NO reason for it. I'm sure there was, but no real good way to find out and fix it. The few issues I've had with Skyrim, I've been able to deal with them, and not have to stop playing a character because of a significant issue.

I don't think the Skeleton should be visible at all in-game. It could be a issue of shadows, which are not that good with default settings. Or, it could be an issue with the shine, which can be solved with this...No More Ugly Bronze Shine. I think there is an option in the installer for CBBE.

I don't know if I'd call them gold. In the Alternate Start dungeon lighting, they look white. I'll see right quick, however, outside.

Well, it's definitely some very light color. Now that you mentioned them being gold, they look both gold and white.

On a side note, my poor Khajiit's tail is standing frozen, horizontally. 

Personally, I probably would not play Skyrim, if it wasn't for MO. The existance of it was one of the reasons why I decided to get the game. I had a lot of issues with Oblivion, some of them things I could not really deal with at all. Like crashing when there seemd to be NO reason for it. I'm sure there was, but no real good way to find out and fix it. The few issues I've had with Skyrim, I've been able to deal with them, and not have to stop playing a character because of a significant issue.

I don't think the Skeleton should be visible at all in-game. It could be a issue of shadows, which are not that good with default settings. Or, it could be an issue with the shine, which can be solved with this...No More Ugly Bronze Shine. I think there is an option in the installer for CBBE.

I really wanna like ModOrganizer, I've heard nothing but great things about it! But, all these issues, some of which seem to be coming from me, make me lose a bit of hope. With NMM, I just installed the mod, and everything went dandy; of course, I ruined my old Skyrim install like that, and I'd rather not have to redownload it again.

Sorry for the quote-combos, I really dunno what's causing that, either.

I'm a noob on all fronts!

I really wanna like ModOrganizer, I've heard nothing but great things about it! But, all these issues, some of which seem to be coming from me, make me lose a bit of hope. With NMM, I just installed the mod, and everything went dandy; of course, I ruined my old Skyrim install like that, and I'd rather not have to redownload it again.

I've had that tail issue with an Argonian character before. I fixed it, but I forget exactly how. First check that there is nothing overwriting your FNIS Generated Mod(especially don't have this before XPMSE 3).

Yeah, but with the Organizer, if there are any problems, you do not have to reinstall the entire game, as save for a few exeptions, like and ENB or SKSE, nothing gets installed into your Main Skyrim folder or Data folder. Plus, for each profile you create, there is a seperate Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. So any changes you made to Skyrim's defaults are ignored while using MO, though you can edit them in MO easily.

I've had that tail issue with an Argonian character before. I fixed it, but I forget exactly how. First check that there is nothing overwriting your FNIS Generated Mod(especially don't have this before XPMSE 3).

Yeah, but with the Organizer, if there are any problems, you do not have to reinstall the entire game, as save for a few exeptions, like and ENB or SKSE, nothing gets installed into your Main Skyrim folder or Data folder. Plus, for each profile you create, there is a seperate Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. So any changes you made to Skyrim's defaults are ignored while using MO, though you can edit them in MO easily.

Nah, nothing is overwriting the FNIS files. 

They both have there benefits and drawbacks, I guess. NMM is pretty good short term, esp if you've got wicked fast downloads and don't mind reinstalling the game as well as mods; MO is pretty good long term. While (from my perspective) it can take a bit to get things the way you want, it'll stay clean, not to mention how easy management is.

I also recommend Gophers Mod Organizer videos. (ALL of them) Just make sure you follow his suggestions to the letter - Run the FNIS tool outside MO FIRST time, then close it without Using it AT ALL, and run it as Administrator. IE: Once it is ready to use, CLOSE it. Do not check any boxes, or generate ANYTHING. Now Close it, and then run it again BUT run it from Within Mod Organiser, Gopher will step you through a how to on setting that up and doing it.

There are also a series of Videos on the STEP project pages covering these same subjects, but bear in mind they are all fairly long and very Basic (Aimed at noobies, I guess) BUT very Thorough. (Sorry, no link to hand - Search for STEP  or gamerpoets on Utube. Gamer Poets' are the video series you would want to look at.

I would also like to get the HDT suite working as advertised, it either doesn't work or it does weird things every now and then while working, sorta.

post-94489-0-60048900-1441434866_thumb.jpg

I also recommend Gophers Mod Organizer videos. (ALL of them) Just make sure you follow his suggestions to the letter - Run the FNIS tool outside MO FIRST time, then close it without Using it AT ALL, and run it as Administrator. IE: Once it is ready to use, CLOSE it. Do not check any boxes, or generate ANYTHING. Now Close it, and then run it again BUT run it from Within Mod Organiser, Gopher will step you through a how to on setting that up and doing it.

I would also like to get the HDT suite working as advertised, it either doesn't work or it does weird things every now and then while working, sorta.

Not sure if I am remembering it correctly, but I do not think Gopher ever mentions running FNIS outside of MO. He just mentions running it once before generating files, this in order to generate a file that will stop FNIS from asking you about creating a desktop shortcut every time you close it. Which you then place into the main FNIS mod, and then can run it fine, it won't ask you about the shortcut again.

For HDT-PE, so long as it is installed and active in MO, SKSE and Skyrim should use it without problems. However, depending on the framerate you get, you could have issues, but I have not seen any like that myself.

Just delete the old executable path altogether and add the new one in its place. Just to make sure.

I don't know what else to think about the issues you're having. I've never had an issue getting MO to work with anything I've thrown at it. The worst case is having to repack the mods into a proper folder structure, but that only takes a couple minutes.

I think FNIS 5.5 is just a bitch from the stuff I've been reading about it. I'm still using an earlier version and it installs no problem.

Wrong.

FNIS 5.5 is working fine from what i see.

To add executable go to the Data tab(right next the Archive tab) and scroll down and find the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe then right click it and select "Add as Executable"

Sure you can add them the other way BUT I find this being the best way.

I think FNIS 5.5 is just a bitch from the stuff I've been reading about it. I'm still using an earlier version and it installs no problem.

Wrong.

FNIS 5.5 is working fine from what i see.

To add executable go to the Data tab(right next the Archive tab) and scroll down and find the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe then right click it and select "Add as Executable"

Sure you can add them the other way BUT I find this being the best way.

Using the Data tab is the only way I can. I'm unable to do it the other way.

What exactly am I supposed to do with files in the overwrite? I'm looking around and some say "place them in the appropriate mod folder" or "right click and create a mod from it" (which I can't do) so, I've just been deleting them since, I believe I recall the tutorial or some tutorial saying to do that.

Sorry for all the posts, but, with my failed experience with video guides (including Gopher) and written tutorials, I just kinda trust forums most of all.

Never ever never ever delete the contents of the overwrite folder. NEVER. That could very well be your problem. That's where all the animation files from FNIS go, tri files for heads and bodies from RaceMenu or ECE, and lots of other important stuff goes.

So re-run FNIS, BodySlide and any other things you need to run. Let the stuff go into the overwrites folder at the bottom of the left pane. When you're done generating everything right click the overwrites folder and choose "make a mod", name it something relevant to the profile's name, then keep it activated at the bottom of that profile's left pane. Repeat for each profile you have.

If you ever run FNIS or other tools again, and new stuff goes into overwrites, simply open overwrites and then drag/drop the new stuff into the overwrites pseudomod you created earlier.

There are also a series of Videos on the STEP project pages covering these same subjects, but bear in mind they are all fairly long and very Basic (Aimed at noobies, I guess) BUT very Thorough. (Sorry, no link to hand - Search for STEP  or gamerpoets on Utube. Gamer Poets' are the video series you would want to look at.

attachicon.gifimage_url_1440387130.jpg

Never ever never ever delete the contents of the overwrite folder. NEVER. That could very well be your problem. That's where all the animation files from FNIS go, tri files for heads and bodies from RaceMenu or ECE, and lots of other important stuff goes.

So re-run FNIS, BodySlide and any other things you need to run. Let the stuff go into the overwrites folder at the bottom of the left pane. When you're done generating everything right click the overwrites folder and choose "make a mod", name it something relevant to the profile's name, then keep it activated at the bottom of that profile's left pane. Repeat for each profile you have.

If you ever run FNIS or other tools again, and new stuff goes into overwrites, simply open overwrites and then drag/drop the new stuff into the overwrites pseudomod you created earlier.

Did all that, still no dice. CBBE Bodysliders isn't even working either - no changes to... well anything.

Chiming in:

If you are unable to add executables the normal way (typing name, pointing to exe file and "add"), try to modify an existing one. I have had this issue many times as well, but for some reason, when you modify an existing one, it suddenly works.

i.e. select SKSE, then change the name to, for example, LOOT, then find the exe files for loot and click either add or modify. And it *should* show up, well, it did for me. Same goes for FNIS and Wrye Bash.

As for the overwrite folder:

as said before, NEVER delete the files that appear there. Those are the adjusted files that you need for certain mods to work properly with your install/ settings. And always run just one executable, then deal with the overwrite files, before running another executable.

i.e. run FNIS through MO, let it do it's thing. When it is done, you will see a yellow (1) in the triangle at the top right. when you click on that you will say that "There are files in your overwrite folder". So, you need to do something with that. In the case of FNIS, you need to "create a mod". So select that and give it a name (I call it FNIS Output). Once you have done that, you will see a new mod in the left pane. You have to activate that by ticking. The yellow (1) will disappear from the triangle upper right. Double clicking on the overwrite folder should show you that there are no more files there.

Now, if you have to/ want to run FNIS again for some reason (installing another mod with animations), you will already have a FNIS output folder. So you can deal with the files in the overwrite in 2 ways:

1. open the overwrite folder, select all the files and drag and drop them onto the FNIS Output folder in the left pane (=place them in the appropriate mod folder); or

2. Delete the FNIS Output folder in the left pane and create a new FNIS Output mod with the files in the overwrite, same as above.

Hope this helps a little.

Archived