Need Help With Mod Organizer

Vynarus

(Before raging at this being in the wrong thread, please, I've only recently started lurking here.)

I'm not sure whether I'm too stupid to comprehend Mod Organizer or what, but I'm definitely lost.

I've been using Nexus Mod Manager for a long time, being very happy with it. I decided to switch to Mod Organizer after a clean reinstall of Skyrim, as the files and folders were just beyond repair from the different mods I had installed, not to mention the constant CTD had driven me crazy. With the initial set up of MO, I had been very please; the mods installed no problem, whenever I had an issue a Google search usually resolved it, and I was on my way. My progress was only halted by two things: HDT Physics, and FNIS.

With HDT Physics, I used the CBBE bodies as well as XP32 Maximum Skeleton - XPMS in order to get the desired result. Again, with NMM it worked flawlessly, but with MO, I'm lost.

As with FNIS, it had been pretty simple installing the current version (5.5) through NMM. With MO, however, I get the default FNIS installed, the Spells, the Creatures, but installing the fix associated with 5.5 will always cause the FNIS generator to just break. When I don't use it, I always get a warning, even after applying the appropriate patches.

So, firstly, is this the right place to ask these questions, or do I need to be redirected to the appropriate forum?

Secondly, what the hell am I doing wrong?

(Before raging at this being in the wrong thread, please, I've only recently started lurking here.)

Nobody should "rage" with someone being on the wrong thread. It happens expecially for new members.

There is tutorials for MO on the web. Gopher is the main video tutorial to get people up and running with MO. Simple google search for Gohper MO videos should give you the resutls you need. I would advise you to check those over. You seem to be doing quite well with being first time to MO. Likely because you are experienced modding evenif it was with NMM.. :P.

In my sig I have some links for STEPS for MO there is a page with all sorts of help including the officilal setup for FNIS. I havne't used the physis yet so I can't comment on that beyoud pointing out we have an unofficial MO thread there that has tons of info on various issues and many people that frequent there answering .. yes the same questions over and over. .:). Hey practice makes perfect .. right :D.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

Check the MO Gophers page I gave you for the FNIS issue and then perhaps check out the MO page from LL support. YOu will find many others that can help you with various configurations there.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

Check the MO Gophers page I gave you for the FNIS issue and then perhaps check out the MO page from LL support. YOu will find many others that can help you with various configurations there.

I actually followed the video and was unable to add the FNIS generator as an executable; the second link I actually found a while back, which worked splendidly for FNIS, but again, I appear to have some sort of elusive warning that I can't get rid of, even after applying the appropriate patches. 

I have searched around on google, but, does FNIS store these warnings anywhere, or do I have to read between the lines or something?

I don't have a current Skyrim running but never had a problem getting FNIS running when following the instructions. I would say try checking out that thread for MO here on LL and if the answer can't be found (in other words others haven't had the same error) post your results on that to get FNIS up and running. The physics might be worked on later after FNIS. You can't really do anything without that up and running.

Sorry I can't help more. I really need to get my system / games / mods installed again even if it is only to keep updated and see if there is any issues etc even if I don't play :P.

I don't have a current Skyrim running but never had a problem getting FNIS running when following the instructions. I would say try checking out that thread for MO here on LL and if the answer can't be found (in other words others haven't had the same error) post your results on that to get FNIS up and running. The physics might be worked on later after FNIS. You can't really do anything without that up and running.

Sorry I can't help more. I really need to get my system / games / mods installed again even if it is only to keep updated and see if there is any issues etc even if I don't play :P.

Thanks for all the help you've provided thus far anyway! Anything that can point to the right direction always helps.

I very recently installed mo myself and had issues getting this to work what errors are you getting exactly? Specifically the 2 problems i ran into was a blank fnis i fixed that by merging the fix and the core dl together with the fix overwriting. 2nd problem i had was error 53 i fixed that buy finding the file it said was missing taking that full mod and sticking it in the fnis folder for me it was 1hm_behavor.hkx from XP32 New Animation Package.

I just simply installed it normally into MO, unzipped the FNIS folder and placed that into /Skyrim/Data/tools/ then pointed MO at it as an executable. VOILA! FNIS works. :lol:

You should be able to just go to MO's right pane, click the /data/ tab, then go down to FNIS/tools and right click the executable then choose it to run in MO. That works sometime.

If it is the FNIS fix that is causing you trouble, more importantly how to install it correctly:

If I remember correctly, the fix is packaged differently than the normal fnis. Usually you have to right click to set data until it says "Looks good", but this doesn't happen for the fix.

keep right clicking until you "opened" the data folder, then, despite it saying it there is no data folder, install it. You will get an error, but install it anyway. It will work.

I do believe I've got FNIS sorted well and fine; I just installed it and found it in the MO's data folder and just added that FNIS generator to the executables. Now my main issue is HDT. This link says I just need to take the files out of the data folder and place them in a NEW folder, zip it up, and then add that zipped file to the MO. Not only do I not understand how that would fix the issue, but... it didn't, as is. I even went so far as to try and install HDT to Skyrim's installation in my Program Files, but, alas, no luck.

You can add HDT to /data/SKSE/plugins/ in the Skyrim folder.

Or you can make a MO-installable file yourself by making a new "HDT Files" folder, opening that and adding a /data/ folder, opening that and making a /SKSE/ folder, opening that and making a new /plugins/ folder, and then placing your HDT xml file(s) in there. Then zip it all up with 7Zip and install it into MO like an other mod.

You can add HDT to /data/SKSE/plugins/ in the Skyrim folder.

Or you can make a MO-installable file yourself by making a new "HDT Files" folder, opening that and adding a /data/ folder, opening that and making a /SKSE/ folder, opening that and making a new /plugins/ folder, and then placing your HDT xml file(s) in there. Then zip it all up with 7Zip and install it into MO like an other mod.

Sorry, I take a lot of things very literal, which can cause me to muck up sometimes. Do you mean to zip just the files, or some amount of the folders?

I've had the HDT files added to /data/SKSE/plugins/, so, I'll see how well making my own this time will fair.

Well, I'm not sure what I did, probably gonna have to start all over in my quest for modding, cause now it seems like nothing is working.

• Don't have any of the SexLab animations working.
  • While my CBBE is working for non-beast races, the Khajiit and Argonian are all meshed very weirdly at the hips and neck, and their breasts actually lack textures, even after several reinstalls.
  • HDT still refuses to work.
  • FNIS continues to have the elusive "1 warning" after trying all sorts of combinations of patches.

I'm really just not sure where to go from here. The Skyrim is a clean install, apart from the HDT files I have, so, maybe it would be best to just redownload chunks of the mods I want at a time and see what could be breaking them.

Thanks all for your help, I do appreciate it, I just cannot fathom where I'm going wrong at this point. I've followed video guides precisely and any written guides to the letter, and I've still got issues. Who knows? Maybe it's just me.

You did run the FNIS generator for users before trying the SL animations, right?

You texture issues sounds like it may be the wrong textures (wrong body type) or the textures have an odd file path.

HDT should be jiggling at least. Do you need the Havok Object for collision as well? Is anything overwriting the skeleton's files? Is the body mesh OK for HDT?

What "one warning" is it that FNIS is throwing out? Without that nobody can really help. ;)

You did run the FNIS generator for users before trying the SL animations, right?

You texture issues sounds like it may be the wrong textures (wrong body type) or the textures have an odd file path.

HDT should be jiggling at least. Do you need the Havok Object for collision as well? Is anything overwriting the skeleton's files? Is the body mesh OK for HDT?

What "one warning" is it that FNIS is throwing out? Without that nobody can really help. ;)

I did run FNIS generator for users before trying the SL animations.

I remembered using the Khajiit/Argonian ones with CBBE for a long time; in fact, it was working with MO once upon a time. Maybe I was confused, though?

No jigglies, not a one. I'm not 100% sure I have the Havok Object for collisions? I only ever remember installing the HDT Physics Extension, and it worked from there. I don't believe anything is overwriting the skeleton's files, I only install XMP, and have uninstalled and reinstalled in order to make them the most recent, assuming that works. The body mesh is okay for HDT, it was working back with NMM.

I don't know how to find the one warning, it just says I've got one, and that's it. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that, since, again, on NMM, it just... worked.

The newest XPMSE skeleton (from Groovtama) is the one you want, not the XPMS one from XP32. Just to make sure. Only the "extended" skeleton will work. To see if it's overwritten just look at MO's left pane and see if there is a lightning bolt and "minus" sign next to the skeleton. If there is just drag and drop it lower in the left pane below the offending mod (or move the other one above XPMSE).

Even the animations could be effected by the skeleton. And it takes a while for it to initialize the MCM menus as well. Again, check MO's left pane for offending overwrites and fix by dragging and dropping into a good order. You also shouldn't let SoS overwrite the SL Framework.

Run the FNIS generator again and see what the warning is for. Sometimes it will throw an error and then work the next time anyway (it's done this to me a couple of times actually).

The testures, too, can be checked and fixed in MO's left pane. That is one of the coolest parts about MO...you don't have to install mods in any particular order, you just drag and drop into a good order that works. And remember to run LOOT after the left pane looks good with the proper overwrites (or lack of overwrites).

I did run FNIS generator for users before trying the SL animations.

I remembered using the Khajiit/Argonian ones with CBBE for a long time; in fact, it was working with MO once upon a time. Maybe I was confused, though?

No jigglies, not a one. I'm not 100% sure I have the Havok Object for collisions? I only ever remember installing the HDT Physics Extension, and it worked from there. I don't believe anything is overwriting the skeleton's files, I only install XMP, and have uninstalled and reinstalled in order to make them the most recent, assuming that works. The body mesh is okay for HDT, it was working back with NMM.

I don't know how to find the one warning, it just says I've got one, and that's it. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that, since, again, on NMM, it just... worked.

How do you have FNIS installed? If it is installed through MO(or run through it), then it should put the generated files into the Overwrite folder. Once it does, you should click on the line that says "Overwrite" below your mods, and click "Create Mod". Naming it can be anything, I've called it "FNIS Generated - SL" myself. This way you can know if anything conflicts with it(although a conflict with the Unoffical Skyrim Patch is fine), and make sure nothing overwrites these files.

So long as you have the CBBE version of the mod, and nothing overwrites those textures, it should work fine.

I installed HDT in MO, and it works fine. With the XPMSE 3 skeleton anything using HDT should work.

There should be a log file of some sort within the files generated by FNIS. Forget exactly what it is named at the moment, but it should be in the "Tools" folder.

... And remember to run LOOT after the left pane looks good with the proper overwrites (or lack of overwrites).

Can't run LOOT through MO, same issue with FNIS; it won't allow me to add the executable the "usual" way.

I'll name the title something proper, like LOOT, navigate the Binary to the LOOT.exe, click it, and then click Add, and nothing will happen. It just empties the Title and Binary entries.

Also, recently, every other time I run FNIS through MO, I get this:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click

Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If

you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find the file 'C:\Program Files

(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\chracte

r\behaviors\0_master.hkx

And the issue gets resolved as easily as you think; find the "0_master.hkx" and copy/paste it into the destination. However, I guess it keeps getting deleted or something, else the error would stop.

Update, just ran FNIS again to follow Kuroyami's advice, and got this: 

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5 fix1   9/4/2015 10:42:22 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - 
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: * groovtama's Alternate Anim. for XPMSE/RaceMenu 

Reading Bathing in Skyrim V?.? ...
Reading DeviousDevices V2.9.1 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.5 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.3 ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading KuNeruNomu V2.2  ( 0 furniture, 1 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading MiasLair V4.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.60 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.60 ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.07  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading sanguinesDebauchery V?.? ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
Generating animationsetdatasinglefile.txt ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.60 ...

ERROR(2012): Could not generate: dogbehavior.hkx dog.hkx 

Which I've never had before.

So you need to launch the Steam launcher once. And dog behaviors aren't functioning for some reason. That's not a big deal really.

As for not being able to add an executable, how are you trying to do it? Did you go to the data tab in the right pane, right click the FNIS executable then choose to set it as an executable? Did you click the executable window, choose <edit...> then click the add button?

So you need to launch the Steam launcher once. And dog behaviors aren't functioning for some reason. That's not a big deal really.

As for not being able to add an executable, how are you trying to do it? Did you go to the data tab in the right pane, right click the FNIS executable then choose to set it as an executable? Did you click the executable window, choose <edit...> then click the add button?

For FNIS I went through the data tab on the right pane AFTER trying to click the executable  window, and it failing. The data tab worked, however.

So have you tried the "sort" button right above the right hand pane? That is also LOOT and it's been working fine for me. MO even has LOOT built in.

Giving that a go now.

Edit

Alright, did that. Got a "load order problem" with the yield sign and had it sort the few mods over again.

Archived