ENBoost and ini

Dave0000

hi guis, so i installed ENBoost cause it should help improve performance ... but now when i change setting in skyrim preferences and other ini there is no graphics change in game ... also its not helping to change MaxAnisotropy in enblocal.ini... all textures look like shit.

I  tryed to remove enboost and use normal settings again... started new game but nothing... am i crasy or what... i am using Mod Organizer + skyrim config by the way...

I learned about enboost from this tutorial

Can somone tell whats wrong?

ENBoost alone doesn't make any graphical changes, it's a memory management utility. For that you want an ENB preset that has ENBoost packaged with it. 

ENBoost is ENB with the graphics disabled so you get the memory management of ENB.  It is otherwise no different from ENB - it is the same d3d9.dll.  It does not improve performance, but rather improves game stability.

hi guis, so i installed ENBoost cause it should help improve performance ... but now when i change setting in skyrim preferences and other ini there is no graphics change in game ... also its not helping to change MaxAnisotropy in enblocal.ini... all textures look like shit.

I  tryed to remove enboost and use normal settings again... started new game but nothing... am i crasy or what... i am using Mod Organizer + skyrim config by the way...

I learned about enboost from this tutorial

Can somone tell whats wrong?

There is no iMaxanisotropy setting in enblocal.ini.  It is located in SkyrimPrefs.ini.  If you're using Mod Organizer, you'll need to edit the file associated with your profile.

thx already ok... But maybe someone can tell me how to setup HiAlgoBoost work with ENB together? they have same dll... and i suddently replaced HiAlgo dll with ENB dll... now HiAlgo wont work :(

Taken from http://www.hialgo.com/SkyrimFAQ.htm#WHAT_TO_DO_WHEN_ENB_MODS_ARE_ALSO_USED

Note: ENB mods often come in two variants: as injector and as wrapper. Only wrapper version is based on d3d9.dll and requires changes described here.

EDIT: HiAlgoBoost is not compatible with the latest ENB binaries: it causes framerate drop, down to 1 to 5 FPS. The latest ENB version which works OK (with possible artifacts) is 0.236. However, you can still use the latest settings files for ENB mods, in combinations with older binary files.

1. Rename our d3d9.dll to, say, d3d9_hialgo.dll

2. Edit enblocal.ini (or enbseries.ini, for ENB versions before 0.193), so that its [PROXY] section looks as following:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_hialgo.dll

3. That's it!

thx already ok... But maybe someone can tell me how to setup HiAlgoBoost work with ENB together? they have same dll... and i suddently replaced HiAlgo dll with ENB dll... now HiAlgo wont work :(

Taken from http://www.hialgo.com/SkyrimFAQ.htm#WHAT_TO_DO_WHEN_ENB_MODS_ARE_ALSO_USED

Note: ENB mods often come in two variants: as injector and as wrapper. Only wrapper version is based on d3d9.dll and requires changes described here.

EDIT: HiAlgoBoost is not compatible with the latest ENB binaries: it causes framerate drop, down to 1 to 5 FPS. The latest ENB version which works OK (with possible artifacts) is 0.236. However, you can still use the latest settings files for ENB mods, in combinations with older binary files.

2. Edit enblocal.ini (or enbseries.ini, for ENB versions before 0.193), so that its [PROXY] section looks as following:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

3. That's it!

ok thx so i just wont use hialgo cause its not working with 0.279

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

3. That's it!

No use the latest version this is just to show you the steps. ignore everything else.

Should have edited it :P

follow step 1-2-3 and you are done.

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

3. That's it!

No use the latest version this is just to show you the steps. ignore everything else.

Should have edited it :P

follow step 1-2-3 and you are done.

hialgo is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\HiAlgo\Plugins\BOOST   

there is nothing from hialgo in skyrim install directory. From older version i had HiAlgo d3d9.dll file. I then replaced it with enb d3d9.dll. If i now take from HiAlgo directory his dll, rename it, put in skyrim install folder, change enblocal.ini to use it as proxy, then it tells me "hialgo engine dll not found" :(

ENBoost alone doesn't make any graphical changes, it's a memory management utility. For that you want an ENB preset that has ENBoost packaged with it. 

ENBoost is ENB with the graphics disabled so you get the memory management of ENB.  It is otherwise no different from ENB - it is the same d3d9.dll.  It does not improve performance, but rather improves game stability.

Yes I know that thanks., I had misunderstood what the OP was actually asking. Gimme a break, it happens occasionally .  

Archived