More Creature Animations (26 Nov 2015 - Wisp/Dwarven Spider))

Woah, I'm not sure how well these look in-game, but at the very least it's a good start, and is probably much more! Here's hoping these can slide into something like NSAP in the near future.

If you have the time and inclination, I'd suggest looking into animating the dwemer constructs next, specifically the spiders.

Spider are always an issue because of their skeleton and how there are giant spiders as well, I'll have to check again to see if there is a "friendlier" skeleton in the dragonborn/dawnguard dlcs.

As for in game, my computer isn't very good so recording Skyrim isn't a very viable option.. Unless I turn settings wayyyyy down.

To be fair, it seems the textures don't warp in game as much as they do in 3ds max. Which was unexpected

I meant that first line to mean 'Holy crap these look at least 80% awesome in GIF form, they're probably even better in game!', just to clarify :D

Good luck with the Dwarven Spiders and/or Spheres - I've always though the dwemer ruins were a little 'dull' on this side, since the falmer and chaurus seem so fond of the Dragonborn.

Oh wow, those look great! To make something like this with only 3 weeks of practice = Amazing!

I see the chaurus scaling is tormenting you aswell. Sad to hear that it is also present in other models.

For me the routine for chaurus: (go to sexlab menu -> untick scaling ->do animation ->go to menu->tick scaling ) was so immersion breaking that i just stoped using the animation at all :( and it still is one of my favorite. Hope you will find a solution for this in the future. Till then can't wait to see your animations in action!

To many replies to respond too one by one, but I'll try to answer them all here.

@Uriel Female/dog animations are very far down on my list of priorities. My goal is to add as many creatures as I can to SexLab, and maybe animate some more for those that only have 1 scene. I'm not saying I will never do feamle/dogs, it will just take a while

@Justoutthere Turns out dwarven spiders have their own skeletons, which will be quite helpful. I have tested EC+ spider addon and from what I can tell it did a good job, but I know nothing about modding, CK or papyrus to make any sense of it lol

@Krazyone Crabs are a bitch, there are AT LEAST 3 different sizes so that may mean triple the work for every scene, so they are pretty low on on my priority list because I still don't fully understand how the scaling works. Plus I haven't tried animating chickens or wolves that scale up rather than down so I hope they will behave the same, just in reverse. Plus I'd have to ask someone to make their "parts" if there aren't already .

@Raimus Everyone has their own thing, I don't judge or question it. I've got my own too :lol:

@RaggaR While I'm not taking direct requests at the moment, one of the reasons I started was because people showed interest. Crabs seem to be popular around here so I will definitely see what I can do.

@lytelyte and rydin Thank you, I look forward to it as well.

@jenova666 The only way to get them to work is my changing one of their animations. Until I can get help implementing them into the game the files I have uploaded are useless.

@derder7 Soon, friend.... Soon

@jap2015 I just hope everything goes as smoothly as can be as there is a lot to be done. But I guess I have all the time in the world

@Dreadpap and TacomancerX      Thank you, it was about time we got some more creatures :D

@Subject2Host and Buckshot87 Chaurus Hunters are already implemented, just not publicly released, and I was told Ash Hoppers will work too so I'm hopeful that all the ones I have plans for will work. I wanted to make something before asking for help and make this thread to show that if it can be done, it should.

@Leito86 Senpai noticed me :o . Thank you, I hope to keep this going strong.

@Wuumaster No worries I understood. Dwemer ruins will soon enough be "spiced up" a little

@Caturday Oh stahp it, :wub:

@garg Tyty

@Kelinas After using untamed for a playthrough, this is a very good idea. Does SexLab support this? I must know.

@AnubiSs2167 Its easier than you may think since I only use maybe 10-15 tools in 3ds max out of the hundreds that the program provides. Yup the scaling is a bitch, there must be some wort of way to script a "only even actors heights" for certain creatures. But the only scripting I know is from making maps in Warcraft 3 from like... 5 years ago or more lol

Thank you everyone for your kind words, they really do encourage me to keep this going. Animations take me a long time so updates will be few and far between, but I have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

I should also clarify something about requests. Please don't hesitate to make one, I'm just saying that at this time I guarantee/promise nothing. However, if requests for certain creatures keep popping up I'll know there is interest, so I will bump them up my priority list. At this time I'm just testing what I'm capable of doing, and what can be done.

They look awesome! Can't wait to see them in game and to see what you come up with next! Despite them generally being the most hated creatures in skyrim, I have been hoping someone would do more charus animations.

They are a pain to do because of how they scale, and there being a large and small model.

The Ash Hopper animation is influenced by an animation from Pretty Warrior May Cry, right? I remember that game having a type of flying bug enemy that fucked the characters from behind while they walked.

Great job, btw. Hope you make many more!  :cool:

It was from Parasite in city, I've never played pretty warrior may cry :D

this need to be added in more nasty critter : o

Soon I hope. But it is extra work for dentarr just to make them sexlab compatible (don't know the process or else I'd attempt to do it myself) rather than lets say, another giant scene.

They look awesome! Can't wait to see them in game and to see what you come up with next! Despite them generally being the most hated creatures in skyrim, I have been hoping someone would do more charus animations.

They are a pain to do because of how they scale, and there being a large and small model.

Please don't take it wrong, I am already happy with the anims for the flying charus!

Thank you very much for what you have done. I didn't mean it to sound like a request, sorry for that.

Please don't take it wrong, I am already happy with the anims for the flying charus!

Thank you very much for what you have done. I didn't mean it to sound like a request, sorry for that.

No worries, I should have been more clear with what I meant. I will for sure make more animations for them, I just don't know when :D

No worries, I should have been more clear with what I meant. I will for sure make more animations for them, I just don't know when :D

Sounds awesome! Thank you again!

Some good news. From testing the idle animations, boars and boars with rieklings on their back use the same skeleton, which means I can make scene for both but only have to animate once.

Nice, I'm assuming the Riekling part is just "cut off" from the model and tada! Boar by itself?

Some good news. From testing the idle animations, boars and boars with rieklings on their back use the same skeleton, which means I can make scene for both but only have to animate once.

Nice, I'm assuming the Riekling part is just "cut off" from the model and tada! Boar by itself?

So far, yes. However i always consider Murphy's Law:

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Once it gets into a scene I don't know what will happen.

ooh. some creatures i have been dying, waiting for to get animated. well done :D

Thank you

I literally havent touched dragonborn yet because of a lack of animations for the monsters there. Soon Ill be able to \o/

I purchased Hearthfire because of Animal Mansion Redux... I wonder if my animations will convince anyone to purchase dragonborn or dawnguard...

I do believe a netch "all the way through" animation would be a good addition

I thought about it but decided against it because I wanted to make animations that were on the fence on whether or not it was consensual between both parties and an all the way through seemed way to far to one sided to included. That is a good suggestion though I'll consider it if I ever come back to netches