Capital Punishment Mod?

JerryBartoli

Hi,

I just tested out Prison Overhaul(really cool stuff), and, due to the various levels of crime described(minor major etc.), it made me wonder if there are any 'capital punishment' mods like with Oblivion, where if you just go all crazy mad(wo)man and take on all of a towns guards or whatever, they capture you and take you to the gallows or something.

Basically, are there any mods where if you go overboard, they just straight up execute your ass? Haha.

Cheers :)

Not yet that I know of; though it would actually make a lot of sense and I went looking for something like this not too long ago. I thought Prison Overhaul would eventually include something like that but from what I can tell that mod is mostly geared towards sexual abuse of prisoners, which personally is not really my cup of tea. Death alternative has a scenario similar to what you describe but I have a feeling it isn't quite what you are looking for.

Oblivion had a mod -- Player Slave Encounters -- that allowed for the player to be excuted by hanging.

It seems like a no-brainer for Skyrim to at least allow for the player to be excuted by decapitation, since it's already right there in the intro scene. But I've never found a mod that allowed for player executions of any kind.

Whoa man. I just came back to see a whole bunch of feedback. Seems I'm not alone in my curiosity. Thanks for the thoughts.

Yeah, it came to me because I'm planning to do a 'permadeath' playthrough(I'm still testing mods at the moment. Things are still less than stable in my setup, but I'm getting there.), where you die, and you start from scratch. This is in my opinion the best way a mod like this would work, such that if you don't manage to escape, your game is over. It would lend some weight to the outcome, and provide incentive to really try not to get caught doing the really high bounty stuff around the guards. Because the way it is now, cool as it is the current Prison Overhaul mod is, no matter what you do, the guard will usually stop attacking if you sheath your weapon, then you spend a day in jail and get out, even if the only NPCs still alive in Whiterun are the guards themselves. :D

I'd definitely be interested in a mod like this too.  Is there anyway to have a forced "iron man" style save in Skyrim?  I know some games do this, but I think you'd have to have a mod for this.  That combined with a capital punishment mod would make crime feel a lot more dangerous!

I'd definitely be interested in a mod like this too. Is there anyway to have a forced "iron man" style save in Skyrim? I know some games do this, but I think you'd have to have a mod for this. That combined with a capital punishment mod would make crime feel a lot more dangerous!

Dead is Dead on the Nexus handles permadeath.

Death alterntive has one if you are captured by the Elves they will eventually cut the characters head off

Yeah I played through that one and thought it was well done!  I was hoping for something a bit more general at some point, but I sadly have no talent for modding.  Maybe I'll figure it one day when I have more time.

I'd definitely be interested in a mod like this too. Is there anyway to have a forced "iron man" style save in Skyrim? I know some games do this, but I think you'd have to have a mod for this. That combined with a capital punishment mod would make crime feel a lot more dangerous!

Dead is Dead on the Nexus handles permadeath.

Thanks for this I'll go check it out.

Yeah I want a Mod like this, like in the medieval.

If you did stole something they cut your hands or if you was naughty you get a public spanking :P

Or if someone is a murder he get the death.

I suppose I could make that, and prevent all gloves from equipping, and using spells/weapons/shield in the left hand because the ring is worn on the right hand.

How do you force the player to steal when you can make potions from flowers and sell them for lots of gold without risk.

I really hope something comes to fruition that involves capital punishment, or at the very least an instruction how to build your own beheading scenes. I'd love a feature like that found in High King of Skyrim, but somewhere in Whiterun or Solitude, where the player can send people to be beheaded (or shot with arrows, it doesn't matter) and have the choice of sending themselves.

Well - the beheading animation is a killmove - I have realized the scene with a trick: I create a clone of the player and make the player invisible. Then it's working.

Some lines of code as example:
Game.ForceThirdPerson()
PlayerRef.SetAlpha(0.0) ; hide player

Actor clone = PlayerRef.PlaceActorAtMe(Game.GetForm(0x7) as ActorBase)
clone.SetAlpha(1.0) ; make clone visible

; You need a package with a "sit" procedure for the headchop block (travel + sit)
; the executioner must be the first who enters the headchop furniture
; wait for executioner GetSitting condition != 0
; now create the clone and assign it to an alias with the same travel + sit package
: wait for victim GetSitting condition != 0
; now let the assistant join the scene and let him enter the furniture (with the same travel + sit package)
; wait for victim GetDead condition != 0

A fellow player most graciously gave me this explanation. Have not been able to make it work reliable.

I will give big cheers to anyone that can provide some working code one can mod with.

Especially a 'all your companions are executed, then the player'.

Archived