Adding new armor to the game; do you mix skimpy and non-skimpy outfits?

Guest Noova

I'm having a small problem with my new skyrim setup.

Basically I wanted to play skyrim centered around PerMa and Sexlab. I have most of my mods selected already and now I'm in the process of adding some loot, aka armor and weapon mods. Immersive Armor/Weapons was the abvious choice but it comes with a problem: it's not very skimpy. I have Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide HDT by Chronotrigger and that mod makes the female armors very skimpy. This clashes with Immersive Armors style. I know there is a CBBE version with a bit of Bodyslide, but that's still not very skimpy either.

So I figured that maybe instead of Immersive Armors I would go with a Tera armor mod. However that comes with a problem as well; they are either for UNP or you have a CBBE version with a Bodyslide conversion that is only for female players, leaving the male npcs with just vanilla armor.

So my questions are:

- is there a skimpy version of Immersive Armors?

- is there a way to get Tera armor for male npcs and for female npcs using CBBE bodyslide without doubling up on the same armors?

- alternatively, is there a good and complete bodyslide conversion of the Vanilla armors and clothing that is non-skimpy so that I can combine ith with IA without it looking weird?

- what do you guys/girls do in your skyrim; just mix and match skimpy and non-skimpy outfits? Or do you stick with a particular style?

I've been using "LSAR" which is a medium skimpy replacer (female only). Comes with an MCM menu that lets you choose loose or fitted, and zap or add bras and panties.

"markdf" recently uploaded a bodyslide set for it on Nexus. Have not tried it yet (big download), but intend to.

I have skimpy armour mods, but I only use them in a sexual context. It's hard to be immersed while wearing something ridiculous, and I feel embarrassed if my characters indecent, as if it were me dressed like that. 

I always suggest minimal skimpy armour -- it's fun to look at for a while, then you get used to seeing it and the feeling is temporary. That is assuming, of course, that you don't get invested in the character and can stand to wear skimpy armour regularly. 

However, if you wear skimpy armour rarely, it leaves more to the imagination and it's more rewarding when the clothes do come off, especially in a game with mods such as SexLab. And, of course, it's a lot more immersive when your character is dressing like he/she is, well, trying to fend of dragons in a frozen wasteland.

What I like to do is this:

Have skimpy versions of normal armour installed, but as standalone armours.
Then, equip them on characters with the console in sexual contexts, and unequip them when it's back to normal gaming.

]

For example, I installed the Better Males skimpy armour and HMM What To Wear, and I created a mod based on the meshes from those mods that makes them separate armours, and equip them on characters in sexual contexts with the console, as if they only partially undressed.

However, out of sexual contexts, I avoid skimpy armour altogether. 

Since I enjoy trying to recreate scenes from ancient heroic artwork in game scenarios, I try to limit the revealing armors to the warrior classes via a mix of remodeled armors for Sevenbase and the Revealing Armors for Schlongs of Skyrim though I also try to use LSAR to make female clothing revealing if their male counterparts are similarly revealing when using the Schlongs of Skyrim Vanilla Clothing and Armor replacers just for consistency sake. 

Ideally,Heroic Nudity is just for heroes and villains (who are typically heroes from their own point of view).

As Hercules says in God of War 3, "Armor is for Weaklings!"

If Skyrim could make use of more RAM,I would likely create a custom armor pack that uses standard armor for the lower level characters which becomes progressively more revealing as general NPC level increases so that only the toughest of the tough guys/gals would let it all hang out but the way that I have it now works well enough without further limiting the amount of mods that I can use before the game just gives up and dies.

As for the TERA question, you should have no problem using both at the same time since male and female characters use separate mesh and texture sets while sharing the same .esp file so . If you are using a version that uses a separate .esp for the revealing TERA armors for males, you might look into using a mod merging utility like this one if you don't want to manually merge everything in the Creation Kit:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/?

The males will automatically use the SOS body while females will use CBBE without any additional armors showing up on the crafting list. You can only have one version of each armor set per gender at a time unless you intentionally use a multi-body armor system.Did you mean something else?

As far as I know of,no,there is no skimpy version of Immersive Armors since the lore-friendliest skimpy armors tend to be those made of animal hide,prison rags and beggars clothing which the base game already has though mostly for male characters.

Here is a set a bodyslide compatible vanilla outfits for CBBE:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12273/?

For non-skimpy vanilla armors, I highly recommend this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59960/?

All vanilla armors and clothing with options for bodyslide. All are able to be set up as either HDT enabled (with belly support) or static, and you can easily choose which ones you want for each. For example, HDT physics on clothes and lighter armors, and static for heavy metal armors. Just check one version or the other when you build the armors in bodyslide.

I've been using "LSAR" which is a medium skimpy replacer (female only). Comes with an MCM menu that lets you choose loose or fitted, and zap or add bras and panties.

"markdf" recently uploaded a bodyslide set for it on Nexus. Have not tried it yet (big download), but intend to.

I've seen that mod and tries it once before, but it never really looked great imo. I had some clipping issues and the clothes just looked a bit too rigged for my taste.

Since I enjoy trying to recreate scenes from ancient heroic artwork in game scenarios, I try to limit the revealing armors to the warrior classes via a mix of remodeled armors for Sevenbase and the Revealing Armors for Schlongs of Skyrim though I also try to use LSAR to make female clothing revealing if their male counterparts are similarly revealing when using the Schlongs of Skyrim Vanilla Clothing and Armor replacers just for consistency sake. 

Ideally,Heroic Nudity is just for heroes and villains (who are typically heroes from their own point of view).

As Hercules says in God of War 3, "Armor is for Weaklings!"

If Skyrim could make use of more RAM,I would likely create a custom armor pack that uses standard armor for the lower level characters which becomes progressively more revealing as general NPC level increases so that only the toughest of the tough guys/gals would let it all hang out but the way that I have it now works well enough without further limiting the amount of mods that I can use before the game just gives up and dies.

As for the TERA question, you should have no problem using both at the same time since male and female characters use separate mesh and texture sets while sharing the same .esp file so . If you are using a version that uses a separate .esp for the revealing TERA armors for males, you might look into using a mod merging utility like this one if you don't want to manually merge everything in the Creation Kit:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/?

The males will automatically use the SOS body while females will use CBBE without any additional armors showing up on the crafting list. You can only have one version of each armor set per gender at a time unless you intentionally use a multi-body armor system.Did you mean something else?

As far as I know of,no,there is no skimpy version of Immersive Armors since the lore-friendliest skimpy armors tend to be those made of animal hide,prison rags and beggars clothing which the base game already has though mostly for male characters.

Here is a set a bodyslide compatible vanilla outfits for CBBE:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12273/?

The mod from caliente herself is great, but not complete which doesnt make it too interesting for me.

As for the Terra armor, what your saying is that I can merge both mods together and have outfits for men from 1 mod and the armors for women for Bodyslide from the other mod? If thats possbile then that would be worth trying out.

There is a "kind of" skimpy conversion of immersive armors for CBBE. It's probably the closest you can get, you can find it here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58708/?

Yeah I have that, but it doesn't really make it skimpy just CBBE and Bodyslide compatible in a few cases. Still good, but still makes the IA armors stand out on women in Skyrim

For non-skimpy vanilla armors, I highly recommend this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59960/?

All vanilla armors and clothing with options for bodyslide. All are able to be set up as either HDT enabled (with belly support) or static, and you can easily choose which ones you want for each. For example, HDT physics on clothes and lighter armors, and static for heavy metal armors. Just check one version or the other when you build the armors in bodyslide.

It sounds great, but from the posts in the forum it looks like there a few issues and seams with that mod.

What I'm thinking of doing is combining http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65831/?with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49286/? and then add a few remodeled  armors from ChronoTrigger's mod when needed. This should give me a corresponding theme while giving me the option of selecting the best of 3 mods (since I already noticed some clipping issues in some of the mods).

After that I might still add some other armors like the Terra collection, but hopefully that gives me a decent baseline.

Personally I don't like skimpy armor since it fails at being armor, so I usually have Immersive Armors in for all the NPCs and then use Hmm...What to Wear to build PC armor as I like. The exception will be if I'm playing a vampire character, because then I'm immune to needs and Frostfall and I feel like I can wear anything I damn well please.

I will however usually have some "casual" clothes for around town.

To me, from an RP perspective, nudity is a lot more significant when it isn't your default state.

Dunno about the first three, but i can answer the fourth.

Skimpy outfits have existed in TES since day one, so that's fine, but them being the slightest bit functional as armor is no-go, plus there's the fact that Skyrim is friggin cold, so they have a time and place as opposed to being general wear. By and large, realistic fully-covering outfits are the order of the day, and that includes NO BOOBPLATES :P (not counting ceremonial stuff or parts of armor worn for fashion, that's whatever since you're presumably not expected to fight or travel rough terrain in those. Actual proper armor and outfits you're expected to get roughed up in, keep it realistic and practical).

Hell, even the "fashion" stuff i prefer keeping practical :P.

Archived