Skyrim computer rigs (heavy modding)

• 1 month later...

Hey man, if you got shit ton of moneys and lazy as fuck get Area-51 if your price/efficiency person and love spending 1 hour figuring out HOW TO FIT YOUR BIG ASS GPU IN THE....*cough* how to put things together, its not that much of a hassle believe me. 

+ you get experience and feel alot more comfortable that you somehow didnt break your cpu just by touching it

@Panathas, uhm...980TI is better then Titan X in gaming situations and also alot cheaper. like ALOT.

Hey man, if you got shit ton of moneys and lazy as fuck get Area-51 if your price/efficiency person and love spending 1 hour figuring out HOW TO FIT YOUR BIG ASS GPU IN THE....*cough* how to put things together, its not that much of a hassle believe me. 

+ you get experience and feel alot more comfortable that you somehow didnt break your cpu just by touching it

@Panathas, uhm...980TI is better then Titan X in gaming situations and also alot cheaper. like ALOT.

980Ti owner here

I contemplated on saving for the Titan X instead, why is it not as good?

980Ti owner here

Short answer Titan X is like the 980TI but renders stuff alot faster so in my eyes unless you plan on becoming a 3D modeller and spend hours on end practising its not worth it, but...If you want to drop 20C on your gpu and willing to spend extra $300 Titan X is Good. 

If you want to play Cyberpunk 4k 60fps then 980TI would run it. 

Basically just look at this  and tell me if its worth it spending $300 for 2fps. 

"You definitely don't need a Titan X."

Honsetly ,I dont understand WHY people dont build thier own PC. i spent about 2000 dollars US on mine built it my self , set it up myself love it! But 2000 dollars is a lot of money,so i went looking online trying to find a pre-built with my specs....closest one was around 3500 US. I dont care who the builder is, as easy as building it was...it wasnt worth 1500 dollars in labor and shipping! PLUS! they use a sub-standard parts to keep cost down! lets say you buy an asus motherboard you get what your paying for! if someone like dell or hp installs that same motherboard in your pe-built...its a cheap version without a lot the features that come from asus! if your not building your paying!

980Ti owner here

Short answer Titan X is like the 980TI but renders stuff alot faster so in my eyes unless you plan on becoming a 3D modeller and spend hours on end practising its not worth it, but...If you want to drop 20C on your gpu and willing to spend extra $300 Titan X is Good. 

Basically just look at this  and tell me if its worth it spending $300 for 2fps. 

What are you talking about? Titan X rated the fastest single GPU on the market. Yes that means faster then a 980 Ti. You are going to get better performance at 4k with a Titan X. And when you have 2 Titan X's, it doubles the speed of even 2 980 Ti's.

Heres a benchmark to prove it...

SLI980ti-crysis.jpg

980Ti owner here

What are you talking about? Titan X rated the fastest single GPU on the market. Yes that means faster then a 980 Ti. You are going to get better performance at 4k with a Titan X. And when you have 2 Titan X's, it doubles the speed of even 2 980 Ti's.

SLI980ti-crysis.jpg

Yeah its better, but for the price/efficiency its the worst if its Gaming. I'd rather keep my $300 and stick with 46fps then not have $300 and have 50fps.

980Ti owner here

SLI980ti-crysis.jpg

Yeah its better, but for the price/efficiency its the worst if its Gaming. I'd rather keep my $300 and stick with 46fps then not have $300 and have 50fps.

Lol for the price you are paying for evey spec. Whatever

980Ti owner here

SLI980ti-crysis.jpg

The point im making that if you plan on 4k Gaming then you buy SLI 980TI

Because SLI Titan X is £1.6k for 90fps

While SLI 980TI is £1.059k for 82fps

Doesn't make much sense spending £600 for 8fps does it?

980Ti owner here

SLI980ti-crysis.jpg

The point im making that if you plan on 4k Gaming then you buy SLI 980TI

Because SLI Titan X is £1.6k for 90fps

While SLI 980TI is £1.059k for 82fps

Doesn't make much sense spending £600 for 8fps does it?

Titan X has more VRAM which you kinda need if you plan on having a shit load of texture mods... You get more 200 more CUDA in there too. My point is if your going to spend 3k on a computer, it doesnt seem like you need to save money. I would go big...

Yeah, for MOST gaming applications the TitanX is decidedly overkill right now, but Skyrim's got architects and entomologists who think they can do game art* - the end result is really pretty but tends to be really hard on just about anything short of a full fledged rendering farm.  TitanX will let you grab anything and everything and just not worry about it, 980ti you might end up still having to think if all those 4k textures are actually doing anything for you.

* This is fairly hyperbolic, but there ARE plenty of mods out there that can have demands out of all proportion to their contribution.

No need for over priced titan x the 980 ti will also do the job just fine.

Also go for Fractal design case not HAF X.http://www.fractal-design.com/

Or if you want a cool card under full load 50+ celsius and silient go  AMD Fury X HBM 1  if you can get one ;)

Cooler Master HAF X is better. Especially when you are going to be fitting some relatively large components. Cooler Master also has the highest rated cooling with cases right now. Also a Fury X is going to take up even more space then two Titan X's....

The most important question you must answer is, are you just looking for PC that will run the latest games (assuming they are well optimized) or are you looking for bragging rights?

Point being that no matter how much money and YouTube build guides you throw at it, if you don't take care of it or mess with things you don't understand, BIO's for example, your system will run like shit. but on the other hand if you do take good care of it, you can put together a relatively cheap systems that will not only run all the latest well but also last for years.

I have a very strong suspicion that there is a lot of people who just buys what ever part have the biggest number at the end or sounds the coolest, but have end up with systems that can barely out-perform or even keep with an older well optimized one, for any number of reasons whether its wrongful config/install of hardware or a registry that might as well be renamed Dante's inferno. And on that note if you are willing you buy some used parts you can save a boat load of money, even on "new" parts that the former mentioned people replace for no other reason than something new has come out.       

Or if you want a cool card under full load 50+ celsius and silient go  AMD Fury X HBM 1  if you can get one ;)

Wrong.

Flat Ass Wrong.

Skyrim @ true 4K rez with 8K textures x 4 + parallax will go over 6 gigs. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I should know because that's what I'm running and if you have over 5 ugrids you will routinely hit over 6 gigs around Solitude and Whiterun, much less anything from DragonBorn.

The HAFX airflow potential is almost double fractal's output and both flagship cards from either manufacturer will routinely hit 70 degrees with an unmodded bios when being pegged by Skyrim or any other game that utilizes full memory bandwidth (GTA, Killing Floor 2, Dragon Age: I, Total War Atilla, Crysis 3) so unless you want your motherboard's northbridge prematurely aged, you'll utilize enough cooling to keep the card at 50 or lower.

Two titans is 12 gigs until such time as DX12 drivers reach full maturity for asynchronous storage , by which time both AMD and nVidia will have new flagships.

Wrong.

Flat Ass Wrong.

Skyrim @ true 4K rez with 8K textures x 4 + parallax will go over 6 gigs. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I should know because that's what I'm running and if you have over 5 ugrids you will routinely hit over 6 gigs around Solitude and Whiterun, much less anything from DragonBorn.

The HAFX airflow potential is almost double fractal's output and both flagship cards from either manufacturer will routinely hit 70 degrees with an unmodded bios when being pegged by Skyrim or any other game that utilizes full memory bandwidth (GTA, Killing Floor 2, Dragon Age: I, Total War Atilla, Crysis 3) so unless you want your motherboard's northbridge prematurely aged, you'll utilize enough cooling to keep the card at 50 or lower.

Two titans is 12 gigs until such time as DX12 drivers reach full maturity for asynchronous storage , by which time both AMD and nVidia will have new flagships.

Someone who understands, someone give this man a medal...

Archived