Consistent lag. I need some extra opinions please.

So the last couple months I have been having considerable lag. Like it takes a good 30 seconds after loading into the world to become stable. A bunch of things initialize and even after it stablizes, once i start moving the camera itl jump around and lag. My system is much better than this and I have tried but i can't imagine what it could be. Maybe AFT? Not sure. Tons of mods. Most are armor though. 237 total plugins and 286 mods. Lots of bodyslide conversions.

Can a few people check out my load order and DxDiag and try and tell me what the problem is? i have the quality all low except shadows are on high. Il also post my skyrim config.

enblocal. i dont even know if i installed ENBoost correctly. I think i did but i havnt seen any impact at all on performance and i cant get the skyrim performance monitor.

enbseries. I have not touched this config

SkyrimPrefs

Any other config files I should include? Im hoping someone who knows things will see this and help me out. I dont want to have to make a whole new clean skyrim from vanilla. Im afraid it may be just fucked up scripts from mods coming and going.

Also i cant clean any of my mods with tes5edit. Il select the mods just like gophers video shows, apply filter for cleaning, remove identical to master records, undelete and disable references, then X out and the option to save changes never shows up.

Stuttering when moving camera could mean your vram is getting full and need to swap out textures all the time. Do you happen to have your install full of 4k textures? If that's the case you might also want to lower you AF to 8 or so. AF requires a lot more resources the higher the resolution of textures are.

How much VRAM you have? If you got 2gb or less it might be worth it, especially when using enb. I have a 2gb gpu and I'm usin skyrim hd lite and decided not to use flora overhaul at all. Doesn't look as nice but flora overhaul had a huge fps impact with enb so I chose enb.

If you use MO its quite easy to test if that's the cause. Just disable hd textures and try with vanilla ones.

That shouldn't be the case then, not with 2k textures. But you never know with skyrim, you could try use lower textures. Oh, and use texture optimizer if you haven't. Just add actor folder to exclusion lists so your skin textures and stuff won't get compressed. If that's what you want. I prefer to use SMCO for that.

Open SMCO

post-19297-0-30282700-1440804968_thumb.png

1. Choose your skyrim directory or your MO mod folder, whichever you use.

2. Select option accordingly.

3. Open Exclusions

post-19297-0-53489300-1440804974_thumb.png

4. You can exclude any folder you want here. As an example I've excluded any actors folder within your selected folder. And any subfolders those might have.

5. Proceed to press "Optimize!"

PS. I hope you are using MO because everything is so much easier after that. And no need to reinstall skyrim ever again because of mods overwriting each other. :P

Open SMCO

attachicon.gifsmco1.png

1. Choose your skyrim directory or your MO mod folder, whichever you use.

2. Select option accordingly.

3. Open Exclusions

attachicon.gifsmco2.png

4. You can exclude any folder you want here. As an example I've excluded any actors folder within your selected folder. And any subfolders those might have.

5. Proceed to press "Optimize!"

PS. I hope you are using MO because everything is so much easier after that. And no need to reinstall skyrim ever again because of mods overwriting each other. :P

What happens if i dont exclude the actors folder? Could i just take the backup the program made and replace the "optimized" actors folder with it?

Yes you could. All it does is compress the textures so they are smaller in filesize (and a slight loss in quality) if they weren't already optimized. You even can try with optimized actors folder, you might not see any difference. I know I don't. Well, maybe I would if I'd compare them side by side but...

Archived