Skyrim freeze BEFORE the Bethesda Logo

kevt121

Maybe you good folks could help me out here. Long story:

I was happily playing my favorite game, progressing nicely. In Sovngarde, fighting the Foul Wyrm, Alduin with my Level 41 Redguard archer, when all of a sudden......CTD. Now I wasn't worried as my Skyrim crashes on the regular. Usually around 40 mins-1 hour of playing. (My system isnt very powerul. Standard laptop) Went on YouTube watched a couple of videos, was about to start Skyrim again when i saw i needed to upgrade some mods. Namely Alternate Start and the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.

Updated them, started SKSE from NMM. Bethesda Logo, Skyrim Logo, CTD. Did some troubleshooting, because i know when the game crashes there its a load order problem. Made some minor changes (can't remember exactly what changes i made), started Skyrim and this time i t crashed Before the Besthesda Logo. Black screen, crash. Scoured the internet for solutions, tried everything I could find. I went through one by one disabling .esp's from my load order in NMM, using LOOT and finally got down to the point where it looked like this:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

My game STILL crashed at the Skyrim logo.  :blink: I've had Skyrim meltdowns before, but nothing like this. I continued to uncheck until i was left with Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.................crash. Now, feeling defeated after putting over 150+ hours into my Redguard, I deleted every ounce of Skyrim from my system, registry cleaned it, restart my comp, fresh reinstall Skyrim. It did the same thing  :mellow: I then thought it was a system problem and not the game but my other games work without a problem so i dont know what it could be. Anybody??

I have actually had this happen to me before.  You almost certainly have a missing or corrupted core file (most likely from your very first CTD...just bad luck).  And yes, this did happen to me even after a fresh install of the game.  The solution for me was to go into Steam -> Library -> right-click on Skyrim, Properties -> Local Files tab -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

That will find and replace any missing/corrupted files, and you should be able to at least get to the main menu.

I have actually had this happen to me before.  You almost certainly have a missing or corrupted core file (most likely from your very first CTD...just bad luck).  And yes, this did happen to me even after a fresh install of the game.  The solution for me was to go into Steam -> Library -> right-click on Skyrim, Properties -> Local Files tab -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

That will find and replace any missing/corrupted files, and you should be able to at least get to the main menu.

It didnt work  :s

Archived