Making sense of Bodyslide 2.

So I always change my bodyslide preset then save and batch build the outfits and im golden its great. Now i have a few outfits with zap sliders and i go to build them individually but my preset wont show up. I think right now my bodyslide groups have gone to hell. It seems like any new preset i save does not show up for most of my outfits.

So i guess im asking what specifically are outfits, presets, and groups. Groups mainly. How do they interact with each other and what does building actually do.

What I think they mean:

Outfits: armors/clothes/bodytypes. These are what you are actually wanting to change.

Presets: A body you create to apply to outfits.

Groups: I dont really know? But when i try to use it they make my presets disappear on armors. I think they assign which presets show up for each outfit but i dont know because i would put like alyn shir armor in the group for the preset but the preset wont show up when i go to the alyn shir outfit.

I figured i would make 2 groups. One with all the armors i use with normal breasts and 1 group i use for pushup variant breasts (like lingerie and bras). But when i go to save the preset and assign groups to it, the 2 groups dont show up. Is there a way to reset all my groups so that i dont have to deal with groups at all? can i skate by without using groups at all and just saving presets and batch building? :(

I'd really like to learn outfit studio and conversions eventually.

Slider sets are armor/clothes/bodies.

Slider presets are the values of the sliders you used.

Slider groups are for assigning presets only to specific things and batch building only those.

The only way you don't have to bother as much with the group system, is to delete all files in the BodySlide\SliderGroups folder.

That way all outfits go to the "CBAdvanced" group by default internally. That means you have to save all your presets with that group checked.

Or you use the Group Manager in BodySlide to create your normal and your push-up group. The file has to be saved to the SliderGroups folder.

Archived