SkyHunks

• 1 month later...
Guest ffabris

A few preview images would have been great to be honest..  

Absolutely! However, I run on linux, and taking snaps in Skyrim, on a linux system, is a pain in the butt, to put it mildly ... and not in a good way. Last time I tried, it took me 15mins to make one.

So, I don't provide any. If anyone wishes to offer some, and gives permission, I'd be very glad to add them to the dl page. :)

Absolutely! However, I run on linux, and taking snaps in Skyrim, on a linux system, is a pain in the butt, to put it mildly ... and not in a good way. Last time I tried, it took me 15mins to make one.

So, I don't provide any. If anyone wishes to offer some, and gives permission, I'd be very glad to add them to the dl page. :)

What do you exactly mean? Like it's actually really simple to just use fraps and snap some picture.. or do you mean like the game runs super slow that you can't take them?

... I'd love to help but i myself don't even run the game on the highest settings, i have Anti Aliasing turned off so i have to deal with jagged up edges and stuff.. Besides, i don't use an ENB to make my graphics look fancy... I really hope someone could give you a hand with that :) 

Guest ffabris

What do you exactly mean? Like it's actually really simple to just use fraps and snap some picture.. or do you mean like the game runs super slow that you can't take them?

... I'd love to help but i myself don't even run the game on the highest settings, i have Anti Aliasing turned off so i have to deal with jagged up edges and stuff.. Besides, i don't use an ENB to make my graphics look fancy... I really hope someone could give you a hand with that :) 

On linux, Skyrim captures the mouse and it is difficult to get focus out of it - and almost impossible without opening MCM or console. That makes taking a screen shot challenging. Oh and steam overlay isn't an option as that doesn't work at all in linux so has to be disabled.

I can't explain it better. So let's just say that taking in-game caps isn't an option for me.

On linux, Skyrim captures the mouse and it is difficult to get focus out of it - and almost impossible without opening MCM or console. That makes taking a screen shot challenging. Oh and steam overlay isn't an option as that doesn't work at all in linux so has to be disabled.

I can't explain it better. So let's just say that taking in-game caps isn't an option for me.

I understand.... 

Oh well, i guess it's worth a try..  I love surprises... After all, you did put an effort into making this so it's the least i can do to thank you :) 

Guest ffabris

Thanks for the mod. I really like it.

Just a quick question though. I am getting a lot of neck seams unless I set the npc weight to 100. Should this be happening?

No it shouldn't. To me, that suggests an issue with your male model. Install problem? Dunno. I use SOS with XPMSE, if it helps.

Thanks for the mod. I really like it.

Just a quick question though. I am getting a lot of neck seams unless I set the npc weight to 100. Should this be happening?

No it shouldn't. To me, that suggests an issue with your male model. Install problem? Dunno. I use SOS with XPMSE, if it helps.

Are there any particular settings you use with XPMSE? I didn't have any installation issues at all

Ouch! Noob blunder #672:

Don't change your mod order with this in a play-through.

I was having issues with AFT and was reading through its nearly 800 pages of posts where I found the recurring suggested fix for problems with it was to move the mod to the highest priority (last on the list kind of thing.) So I did in an attempt to resolve the issue of some followers attacking others. I loaded the save game and all the SkyHunks are gray-faced, plus the hair styles changed on Benor and Marcurio. I haven't checked all the SkyHunks, just the ones I have nearby in the current save.

Humpty dumpty fell off the wall now and all the king's men can't put it back together again. Unless one of you brilliant and experienced modders can recommend a fix, I don't see it happening with this game.

As for pix that are being requested here, I could come up with a few if I knew how to post them. I would probably have to do some judicious cropping to make them family friendly though. ;)

Guest ffabris

Ouch! Noob blunder #672:

Don't change your mod order with this in a play-through.

I was having issues with AFT and was reading through its nearly 800 pages of posts where I found the recurring suggested fix for problems with it was to move the mod to the highest priority (last on the list kind of thing.) So I did in an attempt to resolve the issue of some followers attacking others. I loaded the save game and all the SkyHunks are gray-faced, plus the hair styles changed on Benor and Marcurio. I haven't checked all the SkyHunks, just the ones I have nearby in the current save.

Huh - I've changed load order quite a few times during games. But I guess what matters is what I moved where. I tend to have NPC stuff early in the list (low priority) so rarely will they change position in the order.

Btw, if you use BBLS, that might be your problem; it can break follower mods, I've found.

Humpty dumpty fell off the wall now and all the king's men can't put it back together again. Unless one of you brilliant and experienced modders can recommend a fix, I don't see it happening with this game.

Restore load order to what it was?

As for pix that are being requested here, I could come up with a few if I knew how to post them. I would probably have to do some judicious cropping to make them family friendly though. ;)

On this site, I suspect that "family friendly" isn't a concern. Look at pics in other mods. ;)

I restarted a new game. And Havdar is gray-faced from the start.

What is BBLS? Don't see anything in my mod list that would acronym to that.

Do I need to replace .ini files fresh too to eliminate the gray face?

That was noob blunder #671: I didn't save a copy of the load order before moving things around. Now I have no idea what was where definitely. That's why I thought I'd start a new game.

I'll move the men up higher in the list to keep them more protected, I guess.

Thanks!

To get rid of grey faces (and avoid them):

1. Reinstall Skyhunks and place it somewhere in your load order (or run LOOT)

2. Start TES5Edit, wait till it's finished

3. Right-click left pane and choose 'Apply filter for conflict losers' (wait for it to finish)

4. Expand Skyhunks in left pane and see if any NPC gets overridden

5. If not, you're good to go

6. If one gets overridden, check which mod overrides and drag Skyhunks below that mod

The final step may cause mod(s) to work correctly. To 'correct' this:

1. Start TES5Edit again and wait till it's finished loading

2. Right-click left pane and choose 'Create Merged Patch' (hidden behind bottom option in first popup)

3. Ignore warning and follow instructions

4. Exit TES5Edit (make sure you 'Merged Patch' is saved)

5. Activate this patch in your load order

Hope this wlll help.

Thanks for the help cecik! I will give that a try if I run into more problems.

I have started a new game and so far, so good but I've only picked up Lucas so far. The SkyHunks in and around Whiterun are all good to go as well. I've not ventured too much further than that in this playthrough yet.

I am trying to capture screens of the guys as I can. When I get some I'll try to figure out how to get them on here. I haven't figured out how to post pix anywhere yet since I don't have my own web/server site anymore to store them on. I'm open to reading any suggestions for that.

Guest ffabris

I restarted a new game. And Havdar is gray-faced from the start.

What is BBLS? Don't see anything in my mod list that would acronym to that.

Do I need to replace .ini files fresh too to eliminate the gray face?

That was noob blunder #671: I didn't save a copy of the load order before moving things around. Now I have no idea what was where definitely. That's why I thought I'd start a new game.

I'll move the men up higher in the list to keep them more protected, I guess.

Thanks!

BBLS is this mod.

If you have grey faced SkyHunks, another mod is changing the NPCs. Cecik gives good advice on how to find which one.

As for attaching pics, then you click Reply, below the message box there is an Attach Files button. :)

Nope. I think I conflated SkyHunks and Males of Skyrim since I noticed it more with Sven than Hadvar. SkyHunks seems to be working just fine and when I first encountered Onmund (MoS) now, he seems fine as well; though I have not yet befriended him and made him a follower. It was after that in a previous attempt that Sven (MoS) seemed to turn grey-faced so I quit that one. I saw Cecil on the road and he looked grey-faced but it was around sunset and darker on the road. But the SkyHunks all seem just fine. I figure that if one is, they all are.

I have SkyHunks in last position in load order. I am having some other small issues and I'm thinking about moving some other mods around. In that last playthrough, when I did that, then the grey-face set in. I appreciate cecik's instructions so I'm more inclined to try to move things around since they are all before SkyHunks now.

I'll crop some pictures to get nice head shots as I can. I have been snapping screens when I can to try to get good source material. I know I've snapped Lucas, Caius, Jon Battle-Born, Hadvar and the Courier so far. I also have an interesting shot of Ulfberth from an earlier playthrough attempt as well.

Alas, other duties require my time and attention for about the next week or so and I won't have as much time to explore in Skyrim. Please be patient.

I've never installed and used BBLS and I don't think I'm really interested in it. It's hard enough to keep all my followers and the staff at Candle Pond Ranch satisfied so the last thing I need is a harem. I mean, I do want to have some time actually playing the game as well not just romping in the bedrolls. B^)

Guest ffabris

I have SkyHunks in last position in load order. I am having some other small issues and I'm thinking about moving some other mods around. In that last playthrough, when I did that, then the grey-face set in. I appreciate cecik's instructions so I'm more inclined to try to move things around since they are all before SkyHunks now.

In the case of mods which includes textures, there is further complication. Load order by itself isn't enough if one mod has the textures in a BSA and the other has the loose. The loose files will always take precedence.

I'll crop some pictures to get nice head shots as I can. I have been snapping screens when I can to try to get good source material. I know I've snapped Lucas, Caius, Jon Battle-Born, Hadvar and the Courier so far. I also have an interesting shot of Ulfberth from an earlier playthrough attempt as well.

Alas, other duties require my time and attention for about the next week or so and I won't have as much time to explore in Skyrim. Please be patient.

No hurry at all! The mod has existed quite well without pics thus far. ;)

I've never installed and used BBLS and I don't think I'm really interested in it. It's hard enough to keep all my followers and the staff at Candle Pond Ranch satisfied so the last thing I need is a harem. I mean, I do want to have some time actually playing the game as well not just romping in the bedrolls. B^)

LOL! :D

The thing is can one just attach a .jpg here or does it need to be hosted somewhere on the interwebs to be pulled into the thread? There are so many posts on this site where pix are supposed to be attached but they don't show up at all, just the file name. So this is a test.

I'll start with Jon Battle-Born hanging out in front of Belethor's store.

post-945037-0-42505000-1446500477_thumb.jpg

Well, that seems to work just fine for me. I hope you can see the .jpg as well. So some more info: I'm not using any ENB post-processing effects in my playthrough so none in the screenshots. I simply take the screenshot and crop what I want in a photo-editor program I have. Where the lighting is poor in the shot, there may have been some brightness/contrast tweaks done to the .jpg to make them clearer. I really didn't think it was necessary to be attaching 1920x1080 screenshots for a basic headshot.

And, yes, I cropped the peens out. Everyone will be having their own settings for those anyway so what is on my game is irrelevant. Besides, they change with each playthrough. B^)

I do use revealing armors and clothing, if you find what appears in these pix different from what you may have in your game. I use hi-res textures in the clothing but no special armors, just modified vanilla, I think.

I use SOS as the male body-slide and I am currently using the lightly haired version on the regular body. In the past I used the smooth body so both will be apparent in the shots depending on which playthrough it's from. For example, here are two different shots of Ulfberth War-Bear.

post-945037-0-60488300-1446501072_thumb.jpg

Relaxing at the Bannered Mare

post-945037-0-27729600-1446501102_thumb.jpg

At work.

I hope these help you determine if you like the mod or not. I certainly do.

As for Ulfberth, that's the one I'm most ambivalent about. I like both versions. But I think SkyHunk's version looks like the offspring if the original Ulfberth and Adrienne produced a son together. I think of this one as Ulfberth, Jr.  B^)

• 1 month later...

Ffabris ~~

You have my explicit permission to use the cropped screenshots I made of your SkyHunks in your mod description and future posts.

In addition to those I've posted in the archived forum posts, I'm including here the final two for which I won a civil war:

Calder and Ralof

I don't expect that I will snap pix of the new guards unless one really turns my head!

BTW, I'm really glad I did the Civil War quest line. It was very well done, I thought. I enjoyed it immensely and found it quite moving.

post-945037-0-59506300-1449699841_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-94881500-1449699853_thumb.jpg