SkyHunks

Guest ffabris
View File

SkyHunks - NPC Replacer

This mod changes the appearance of many Skyrim NPCs. The aim is to make them look a bit better ("better" is, of course, a matter of personal taste). A few female NPCs are also "converted" to male (the female housecarls). No stats were changed, no clothing, nothing else - except that I made Ralof and Hadvar potential followers and marryable. Do not attempt to get them to follow you, or marry them, before the civil war is complete, or your game will likely break!

This mod also includes the functionality of Masculinized Level Lists. This means that generic NPCs such as guards, soldiers, bandits, etc, will now all be male, and you don't need that mod if you use this.

Snapshots by Mylor41, used with kind permission.
(Body used: SOS. Featured image: Solaf.)

Who is included
Housecarls:

• Agris
  • Calder
  • Gregor
  • Iona => Ian
  • Jordis
  • Lydia => Lukas
  • Rayya => Thassad
  • Valdimar

Hirelings:

• Erik
  • Belrand
  • Marcurio
  • Stenvar
  • Vorstag

Other:

• Ahtar
  • Alvor
  • Angrenor Once-Honored
  • Arnbjorn
  • Ataf
  • Balgruuf
  • Banning
  • Beirand
  • Benor
  • Bolund
  • Briehl
  • Brunwulf Free-Winter
  • Brynjolf
  • Calixto Corrium
  • Captain Aldis
  • Captain Wayfinder
  • Cedran
  • Commander Caius
  • Cosnach
  • Dagur
  • Delvin Mallory
  • Dirge
  • Erikur
  • Falk Firebeard
  • Farkas
  • Fihada
  • Galmar Stone-Fist
  • Garvey
  • General Tulius
  • Gloth
  • Gorm
  • Hadvar
  • Harrald
  • Heimvar
  • Hod
  • Hogni Red-Arm
  • Horik Halfhand
  • Hreinn
  • Hrongar
  • Idolaf Battleborn
  • Jawanan
  • Jervar
  • Jod
  • Jon Battle-Born
  • Jorleif
  • Klimmek
  • Korir
  • Kraldar
  • Kust
  • Lod
  • Lortheim
  • Maul
  • Mercer Frey
  • Mikael
  • Nazir
  • Oengul War-Anvil
  • Ogmund
  • Onmund
  • Orgnar
  • Orthus Endario
  • Phinis Gestor
  • Proventus Avenicci
  • Ralof
  • Ranmir
  • Roggi Knot-Beard
  • Rolff Stone-Fist
  • Saerlund
  • Sergius Turrianus
  • Severio Pelagia
  • Siddgeir
  • Sigurd
  • Sinmir
  • Solaf
  • Sven
  • Thonar Silver-Blood
  • Thongvor Silver-Blood
  • Thonnir
  • Thoring
  • Torbjorn Shatter-Shield
  • Torsten Cruel-Sea
  • Tsun
  • Tulvur
  • Ulfberth War-Bear
  • Ulfric
  • Vekel
  • Vilkas
  • Yngvar
  • Courier
  • WERoadCourierImperial
  • WERoadCourierNord
  • BYOHCarriageDriver1
  • BYOHCarriageDriver2
  • BYOHCarriageDriver3
  • CarriageDriverRiften
  • CarriageDriverSolitude
  • CarriageDriverWhiterun
  • CarriageDriverWindhelm
  • Male Imperial/Stormcloak guards (not soldiers).

Requirements

Recommended

Installation
NOTE: Files are now hosted on Dropbox, due to their size.
If you use other NPC overhauls/replacers, and want this to take precedence, place it lower in your load order. Also, if your other replacers are supplied loose, then you'll want the loose version of this, overwriting any existing files, or you'll get grey face.

Do not install this into a game in progress, or you are likely to get grey faces and/or neck seams on the changed NPCs. Similarly, updating the mod in a game in progress will result in some of the NPCs often looking ... very strange. See here for neck seam tips.

Can You Remove....?
Yes I could, but if I start doing that, soon there will be no end of customized versions. But, you can do it yourself, it isn't difficult!

• Get TES5Edit and install it.
  • Download and install the loose version of this mod
  • Start TES5Edit.
  • When the list of mods opens, rt-click -> Select none. Then scroll till you find SkyHunks, put a checkmark beside it, click ok.
  • Wait for everything to load.
  • Click the + next to SkyHunks to expand it, then click Non-Player Character.
  • Find the NPC(s) you want to remove.
  • Make note of the form number to the left of the name (eg, Ahtar is 0001325F)
  • Right click -> Remove. Confirm that you want to.
  • Once you have removed all you want, close TES5Edit, and confirm you want to save changes.
  • Navigate to your Skyrim install.
  • ../Data/Meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm - delete the NIF files with the same name as the form number you noted.
  • ../Data/Meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facetint/skyrim.esm - delete the dds and tga files with the same name as the form number you noted.
  • Done. If you had already "met" the character in-game, you'll likely end up with grey-face so you'll have to start a new game.

Change Log

• 1.0 - Initial release
  • 1.1 - Fixed Lukas' voice ... duhhh
  • 1.2 - Fixed grey face for Heathfires housecarls; fixed opposite gender anims for a couple of housecarls.
  • 1.3 - Added all the male guards. Surprisingly few of them, so I added a few more, for more variety.
  • 1.4 New NPCs: Arnbjorn, Banning, Bolund, Brynjolf, Captain Aldis, Delvin Mallory, Dirge, Falk Firebeard, Garvey, Gorm, Harrald, Klimmek, Maul, Mercer Frey, Nazir, Onmund, Orgnar, Proventus Avenicci, Saerlund, Sigurd, Thonnir, Vekel
    Tweaked skin tone for Ulfberth.
  • 1.5 New NPCs: Jervar, Idolaf Battleborn, Hrongar, Balgruuf, Angrenor Once-Honored, Oengul War-Anvil, Rolff Stone-Fist, Orthus Endario
    Tweaked Omnund, Solaf; Removed the guards added in 1.3, since they broke Masculinized Level Lists.
  • 1.6: New NPCs: Erikur, Kust, Jorleif, Galmar Stone-Fist, Lortheim, Jod, Horik Halfhand, Captain Wayfinder, Thoring, Siddgeir
    Tweaked: Bolund, Benor
  • 2.0 Tweaked Jon Battle-Born, Sigurd.
    New NPCs: Ataf, Beirand, Briehl, Dagur, Gloth, Heimvar, Mikael, Severio Pelagia.
    Added more "template" imperial and stormcloak solders for more variety.
    Now incorporates the functionality of Masculinized Level Lists, so you don't need that mod if you use this.
  • 2.1 New NPCs: Hod, Lod, Tsun, Sven, Alvor. Plus there were several guards who have unique faces rather than using the templated guards I had already done, so I did those I found.
  • 2.2 New NPC, GuardSolitudeImperialDayMaleGuard, which I overlooked last time (at least two instances of this NPC can be found at Solitude).
    More tweaks to: Ralof, Hadvar, Bolund, Mikael, Solaf
  • 2.2 (2016-09-12) Uploaded a version for USLEEP users (SkyHunks_2.2_USLEEP.rar). Requires USLEEP. Install on top of one of the regular versions of 2.2, as only the ESP is included in the download.
  • 2.3 - now requires USLEEP.
    Added Sinmir (and removed his helmet), Imperial and Nord road couriers, carriage drivers, Brunwulf, Calixto, Tulvur, Torsten, Torbjorn, Ranmir, Phinis, Sergius, Korir, Kraldar, Fihada, Jawanan, Cedran, Thonar, Thongvor, Yngvar, Ogmund, Hreinn, Hogni
  • 2017-03-16 - updated download links.

Final Note
If lore friendliness is important to you, you probably won't like this, since the KS styles aren't "lore friendly".

88x31.png NOTE: This mod is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. In other words, feel free to make changes to the mod in any way you like, and upload the changed version. You do not need to ask permission. If you do so, you must credit me, and your version must be free. Further, you also need to credit any other mods used as resources, including those used in my original. Your own creation must in turn be released under these same conditions.

Standard Disclaimer

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Nap was here. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant equipment or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty item only. Although robust enough for general use, adventures into the esoteric periphery may reveal unexpected quirks. Not available in stores. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.

This supersedes all previous notices.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/27/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    See description.
  • Special Edition Compatible

Guest ffabris

As one of the few males with a female pc but who isn't particularly interested in lesbian sex, I like this idea. :)

Very glad to hear it! :)

maybe some images?

As noted in the description:

"Also, no snaps, sorry. Taking them in-game on linux is a pain in the ass (not in a nice way). If anyone takes any snaps and wants to contribute them, I'll gladly add them here with credits."

Sorry.

Guest ffabris

Is the an optional download for not changing female characters into males? 

I would love to use the mod, but I'd rather not have Lydia and the others made into males.

No, sorry. I enough people want this, I can strip them out. But that is not currently available.

Guest ffabris

Pics or it didn't happen, ffabris ;)

I am tempted to download this, but I just installed all new mods that beautify most of the peeps you man-i-cured...

And YAY for KS Hairdos renewal :D

Haha... :D

I use an NPC overhaul that tweaks pretty much everyone in-game. But I wasn't too happy with some of the characters so I made my own.

Guest ffabris

Lukas the housecarl has the "Female Even Toned" voice assigned.

Ever so slightly . . . jarring.  ;)

Ack! Crap.  OK, will fix later today.

Guest ffabris

Forgot to give Lukas his hormone shots again, eh? *skips away giggling evilly*

Hahaha.... :D

OK, updated versions uploaded. I also wrote up instructions for those who wish to remove specific NPCs.

Issues with Thassad:

Wrong gender animations assigned, grey face, won't function as a steward. I had to change his voice to MaleNord to get any of the steward functions to show up - even to recruit him as steward.

Also, as an observation on the NPCs in general - You do like blondes, don't you?  :P

I'm curious what face/body textures you're using. Asking because a few of the NPCs look a bit off in my game. It's probably because I use DCE - Realistic Male Face which gives a somewhat rougher look to the face textures by default. 

Guest ffabris

Issues with Thassad:

Wrong gender animations assigned, grey face, won't function as a steward. I had to change his voice to MaleNord to get any of the steward functions to show up - even to recruit him as steward.

Also, as an observation on the NPCs in general - You do like blondes, don't you?  :P

I'm curious what face/body textures you're using. Asking because a few of the NPCs look a bit off in my game. It's probably because I use DCE - Realistic Male Face which gives a somewhat rougher look to the face textures by default. 

Hum, I'll look into Thassad shortly.

As for textures, for faces I use Urshi's. Oh and yeah, I have a thing for blonds. ;)

Guest ffabris

OK, major facepalm time: I totally forgot to include the two heathfires facegen folders till now.  :@  Plus I never noticed that a couple of the (former) female housecarls had been given opposite gender anims so I didn't disable that flag. Should all be fixed now.... I hope. 1.2 uploaded.