OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

Whats now left on to do list before releasing 1.07d?

Papyrus side is done. UI is done (graphics for the UI can endlessly expand but I have enough now to cover most of the mod and a ? mark one for stuff I haven't made graphics for yet). The navigation panel is done but the menu side panel is half done as it has new planned stuff that wasn't on the old num keys. Menus that were on the old num keys should work. I need to finish a working draft of the flash that can play the scenes. It's close.

I'm not exactly sure how long it will take I feel like it's almost ready to do scenes in the next day or two  (I underestimate the small points that need to get hooked up sometimes that wind up taking a while) Sexdentity and AINav will take a little longer to hook up I'm just focusing on the scenes that can be navigated using the UI now. I'll most likely do data entry for a range around the start point of the mod and release an alpha that's the new system + ui + most of the standing scenes.

After that if it's good I'll finish the data entry for all the scenes into xml do another alpha so people have all scenes on the new system, and while that's being tested hook back up sexdentity and AI.

I'm just going to go to 1.08 and bury 1.07 since this is an entirely new mod now. I'm confident it will be much more stable.

Just wondering will spanking work the same way it did in 1.7 (Key press triggers spank) or will it be activated as single action in UI or perhaps a loop in UI (repeated spanking)? Also i hope that idea of cumshot during any animation that loops will be possible in new setup.

so before i give up on this thing. can anyone link instructions?

and before any one starts i run fnis put 0sex where it should be and the only thing i can get the actors to do is hold each other and strip.

i know the mod author can't/won't do it, but presets r not always bad thing. i spend a good 45 mins playing around in the mcm trying to get anything to happen after the embrace.

trying not to be rude or go on too long of a raid. i am sure there is a lot of time that goes into this thing. i will follow this tread a little longer but if i get no response or cant get it too work. then i will delete the mod. its just not worth it. no matter what happens LL forums is a pretty nice community. feels good to get that out.

At the moment it's best not to touch this mod. CEO is trying to make huge improvements because 1.07 is kind of messy for everyone.

The only build that works really well so far is 1.06 which is even on the Nexus.

Thats not right. I've been able to play much better with the latest version than ever.

Questions:

I'm trying to assess the pros and cons of the two different approaches to tracking things between Sexlab and 0Sex.

Sexlab uses what I'll call the Thread Method. It involves setting up a number of pre-established thread Quests, each with a set of ReferenceAlias' to be used as slots for Actors in scenes.

0Sex uses what I'll call the Spell Method. It involves putting the mod code into spell effects and casting the spell on Actors involved in scenes.

On the surface, the Spell Method looks tidier because it seems more able to scale to an indefinite number of Actors/Scenes and doesn't require hard coding and maintaining slots. But, does it give anything up in the way of performance or anything? What are the pros and cons that you've found in building 0Sex and maybe talking with other modders about the options? Are there any performance differences between the two for certain kinds of events/animation/code? Does Skyrim give priority to one over the other in certain conflict cases?

Are there any other methods you know of that are worth comparing?

It's an interesting question to think about. There's lots of ways to approach the question so I'll throw some ideas up and post more when I think about it. Clearly I know more about the spell approach so can speak on that better but:

Spell cons I've hit:

It's harder to get more then 2 actors into a spell since the .cast only comes with a "target" and "caster" properties so to get other actors in you'd need either a persistent script on a quest that stores info, or load from documents, or have key presses add in new actors. It's possible but requires coordination with either documents or timed property communication with a persistent quest script. Alias approach can handle that much easier. 

The instance spell style on each actor (as opposed to a single spell for both) helps to alleviate that but it's hard to get single spells to talk to each other. Password protected sendmodevents is the only way I've been able to make that work. One spell per actor like this imo is best, it's basically just like the principles you've taught me of putting actors into a class that can manage them in special ways, Alias or spell both can do this though.

Just a note: Some developers I've talked to were reluctant to try to make stuff for OSex because OSex comes with a key to cast making the act of questing to achieve sex not as rewarding. That's not really a con or pro of the spell system just something that's come up that I found interesting alias system could just as easily have a trigger or OSex could have it's trigger removed.

Pros of spells:

-It's easier to make them not require esm mastery. A mod could be used by people if they didn't have OSex installed so it could optionally go to fade to black for example. Alias could do this too though as long as it triggered on sendmodevent

-They seem like a very light game commitment, modular, and instance easy. I would say they are lighter and safer then Aliases. One frame and they are on or off. I've found the alias system always kind of messy when it comes to needing precision in order of filling but they are able to filter criteria better and have stronger stuff in place to check who the aliases are filled by where, the spell or magic effect conditions are more limited.

Alias winds up needing a lot of quests and hard coded CK stuff that's hard to adjust outside of being the initial creator of the mod. As long as it's existing just in papyrus you can do anything that is possible in Skyrim and potentially others can too without being the creator but the more tied into CK forms it gets that goes down. If it's all papyrus the only limit is melting down Skyrim. Spell allows you to not commit to  CK Quest and Alias and keeps it more open to data being injected by others. With the CK forms they could only have one effective overwrite in place at a time.

-------------------------

Others approaches that might be work: (Just some quick ideas)

1. Faction rank deciding what scene plays. Alias search by faction with a script attached. Have the alias bound script play #2 scene if the faction rank is 2 (example.).

2 An ObjectReference that is designated as a singular alias, that casts "scene spells". Like the scene root kind of.

3. Potentially you could do something with placing idle markers and each idlemarker is linked to an animation, and give the actors an AI package to use those idle markers. There's a mod that let's you put down a "Sit Location" and you player will sit at that location, kind of like that. 

4. FNIS has paired animations too which I find hard to use but I think they can work to have actors animate without the need to lock down and synchronize animations. It's limited though compared to syncing two actors.

5. FNIS 6.0 has lots of new tricks in changing animations you might be able to assign them one animations and adjust the animation variables to make them switch scenes. I think it has a hard limit though maybe 100 variations not sure. OSA is taking up all my time but I wish I had some time for 6.0 FNIS as it sounds pretty cool. It would seem to suit making classes with custom animations but not much change for coordinating multi actor scenes.

---------------------

With the tools available for modding Skyrim now I don't think there's really any reason to move outside of a single persistent quest bound papyrus (without spells and aliases) except if papyrus is pausing your script a lot. Putting it on a few lesser scripts would most likely help it some. Outside of that I don't think the quest scene or the spell would be needed. Spells seem optimal for that since they are less of a game commitment then a quest which seems overkill and would require mastering and more persistent stuff in a save game.

Disclaimer: I am the worst coder in the world and most likely have no idea what I am talking about.

Just wondering will spanking work the same way it did in 1.7 (Key press triggers spank) or will it be activated as single action in UI or perhaps a loop in UI (repeated spanking)? Also i hope that idea of cumshot during any animation that loops will be possible in new setup.

Hi Kinky,

Spanks will be the same. I'm keeping space bar but in initial tests it might just be a UI button until I get around to it. I'd like to keep the space bar for actions like that. Your cumshot idea is definitely going in I need to find a way to make it play with the UI I think it's to niche to have a huge button on every single Nav page but I'll find a way to get it in, it will be in for sure.

Spanking could be repeated but I'd like to do that more in animation like design a spank that was meant to be repeated with a few variations that it weaved in so it looked like a sustained spanking was happening instead of the same animation over and over. Perhaps holding down a button for some actions would result in this like if you hold down space you'd keep spanking and it would weave through variations. That's for later I need to get the basics up to shape first.

I just got amazing "spank mode" idea. Basicly minigame within Osex. You could choose spanking from regular UI (alt key?) that would bring you to this mode. In this mode only option from base UI would be "stop spanking" so you can return to regular UI. Spanking mode would have spacabar for strength/speed (strength meter ui) and left and right buttons for cheek selection. Cumshot on the other hand could be accessed from main UI if animation that loops is playing then UI can show cumshot as extra option (separated from others) accessed by spacebar only. So you would only need combo of 2 buttons alt (to call UI) +spacebar (for cumshot if there is icon that says its available -looping animation in progress) this would even give you option to do cumshot while spank mode is active. Also you could hide UI while this combo is pressed and just spray. :D But all that at some later time. I really cant wait to test basic UI and to see performance comparing to 1.07c .

Edit: You could even reuse actor selection part of UI as speed meter for spanking if you dont feel like doing extra thingies.

I just got amazing "spank mode" idea. Basicly minigame within Osex. You could choose spanking from regular UI (alt key?) that would bring you to this mode. In this mode only option from base UI would be "stop spanking" so you can return to regular UI. Spanking mode would have spacabar for strength/speed (strength meter ui) and left and right buttons for cheek selection. Cumshot on the other hand could be accessed from main UI if animation that loops is playing then UI can show cumshot as extra option (separated from others) accessed by spacebar only. So you would only need combo of 2 buttons alt (to call UI) +spacebar (for cumshot if there is icon that says its available -looping animation in progress) this would even give you option to do cumshot while spank mode is active. Also you could hide UI while this combo is pressed and just spray. :D But all that at some later time. I really cant wait to test basic UI and to see performance comparing to 1.07c .

It's an awesome idea Kinky. The nav panel I showed pictures of I'm calling NP1 which is on the side less invasive but I'm giving them designations because I'd like combat to use a different style that's centered and down a bit more in the focus of the action. Haven't made it just planning for the future all there is now is NP1. 

At the start of each scene (scene meaning position, like if you change to doggy from missionary) the nav panel is made with the buttons for that scene but I'm putting a field in the scene XML where you can say what kind of nav panel that specific scene should use in case in the future there's different types. Mini-games or variations in control could be made pretty easily in that regard.

The spank would be totally possible you could even have animations reflecting more draw back of the arm as you hold it down and different reactions. It wouldn't be that tricky to do I'll try when I have time.

When I was doing the female pleasure scenes I was thinking of a mode that was more manual like for clitoral stimulation I was trying some tests where left press brushed left with the actors finger and right press brushed right tied in with animation into a kind of minigame that tracked the rhythm.

It's all possible and not to bad to set up even any kind of alternate control or navigation / mini-game scenes. The only problem is I think the menus have to be compiled into the actionscript so it's not something an outside developer could create without coordinating with me and getting implemented. They could use any custom menu just couldn't make the custom menu themselves.

--------------------

It will be a little hard to really tell because the expressions and identity stuff is the brunt of what's causing problems. I think it takes a lot of papyrus power to adjust the faces so much, but the papyrus side is doing a small fraction of what it used to have to handle, the only thing Papyrus is handling now is blending the facial expressions. Pipdude's actionscript+xml concept opened up a ton of doors and possibilities, the data organization and ability to handle a lot more calculations gives much more control then 1.07 had in terms of just potential for cool things that could happen and managing data, not loading the same files over and over, managing it all better.  We can pretty much do anything with this setup.

It's harder to get more then 2 actors into a spell since the .cast only comes with a "target" and "caster" properties so to get other actors in you'd need either a persistent script on a quest that stores info, or load from documents, or have key presses add in new actors. It's possible but requires coordination with either documents or timed property communication with a persistent quest script. Alias approach can handle that much easier. 

The instance spell style on each actor (as opposed to a single spell for both) helps to alleviate that but it's hard to get single spells to talk to each other. Password protected sendmodevents is the only way I've been able to make that work. One spell per actor like this imo is best, it's basically just like the principles you've taught me of putting actors into a class that can manage them in special ways, Alias or spell both can do this though.

Got it. If the Flash handles all of the cross-actor communication, then that eliminates the drawback of spells not being able to talk to each other. The spells just need to be able to receive events aimed at specific actors. Which is achievable by using a password (or I'm thinking just attaching the actors form id to the event).

I looked at the version you have on Nexus and that is using the cast for target and caster only (as far as I could tell). Is the new version using the instance-per-actor approach?

Just a note: Some developers I've talked to were reluctant to try to make stuff for OSex because OSex comes with a key to cast making the act of questing to achieve sex not as rewarding. That's not really a con or pro of the spell system just something that's come up that I found interesting alias system could just as easily have a trigger or OSex could have it's trigger removed.

I don't quite understand. Was it that they wanted a hook of some kind to trigger things in their mod after sex?

5. FNIS 6.0 has lots of new tricks in changing animations you might be able to assign them one animations and adjust the animation variables to make them switch scenes. I think it has a hard limit though maybe 100 variations not sure. OSA is taking up all my time but I wish I had some time for 6.0 FNIS as it sounds pretty cool. It would seem to suit making classes with custom animations but not much change for coordinating multi actor scenes.

Interesting. I'm behind on where FNIS is at these days. Will check that out.

With the tools available for modding Skyrim now I don't think there's really any reason to move outside of a single persistent quest bound papyrus (without spells and aliases) except if papyrus is pausing your script a lot. Putting it on a few lesser scripts would most likely help it some. Outside of that I don't think the quest scene or the spell would be needed. Spells seem optimal for that since they are less of a game commitment then a quest which seems overkill and would require mastering and more persistent stuff in a save game.

It sounds like you are saying here that the persistent quest model "without spells" is the way to go. But, you are going with spells and list good reasons. I'm confused?

It sounds like the one-spell-per-actor model, provided that it is coupled with consolidating other mod logic into Flash (or could be done in C++ I imagine), is better than the spell-with-target or alias/thread approach. It doesn't sound like there is a performance or functional cost. In fact, it sounds like there is some kind of load balancing benefit. But, mainly, it allows for a cleaner code setup and lessens the amount of "tricking" CK and Papyrus.

Disclaimer: I am the worst coder in the world and most likely have no idea what I am talking about.

Give yourself some credit. You make things that work, that people want, at an impressive pace. That alone places you ahead of many coders in the world.

This is a great Mod no doubt but I guess the controls are just madness to learn it..and taking in front that we want to play...a game that is as big in content as this one its very annoying to see a pdf file that tries to help us understand the functionality of this controls and in the end one just gets more confused and quits this all awesome work cause of that !

Do not take me wrong, I installed it once , but PFFFF...the controls are a mad house...everything looks perfect but this point...

If you manage to get a easy understanding of this controls I dare to say a lot more people would install this Mod...

I like what I see just will never get this controls and most of all, remember all of them...impossible task...

Thanks for the great Mod ...and sorry about being so direct in what are the problems I see in this amazing work !

This is a great Mod no doubt but I guess the controls are just madness to learn it..and taking in front that we want to play...a game that is as big in content as this one its very annoying to see a pdf file that tries to help us understand the functionality of this controls and in the end one just gets more confused and quits this all awesome work cause of that !

Do not take me wrong, I installed it once , but PFFFF...the controls are a mad house...everything looks perfect but this point...

If you manage to get a easy understanding of this controls I dare to say a lot more people would install this Mod...

I like what I see just will never get this controls and most of all, remember all of them...impossible task...

Thanks for the great Mod ...and sorry about being so direct in what are the problems I see in this amazing work !

You are probably in luck then. The next version is planned to have a graphic user interface built into the game.

Give yourself some credit. You make things that work, that people want, at an impressive pace. That alone places you ahead of many coders in the world.

Exactly. Maybe you didnt start whole thing like school book material but its important that what you made works. Some things even work better then job that was made by pros (perfect animation alignment). Also your speed of doing things and understanding and learning all technical thingies that pipdude said is impressive.

It's getting close to a working mock up. Coming together better and smoother then I expected.

I'm thinking once it's out of testing to make a new forum page for it since it's kind of a different thing. OSex is a module but the framework is a tool outside of OSex and I don't want the adult content to define the framework's potential. OSA development is a lot more technical discussion where OSex is just my animations for the system which will stay here.

-----------------------

Technical updates:

I've been having a dilemna with the eventual cap a mod could hit with getting their scene XML too full. Even if the data was minimal an ambitious developer might find a time when they hit a point where the mod had a second or two stall of the game on start. I Opted to switch to loading scenes one at a time for two reasons, 1 it seems it loads and processes (smaller XML more often) faster in context to a larger XML less often) the small xml can get by with no impact at all and that would mean there's no ceiling to worry about where the mod would start to eventually have problems loading in. It's being loaded by the actionscript as opposed to the papyrus and also you can put multiple scenes into one scene file. So if you want fast paced but smaller combat module that doesn't have enough scenes to stall out the game a second or two on load you can just put them all in a single XML for a single load.

While a little more similar to the old method it has some big advantages over it I think: Transition data and FX, sexdentity keywords, and AI can be packed with the scene. 1.07C had to do a separate load for each.

When a module/scene/actor/sexdentity is loaded into the UI it gets a flag set on it .prep = 1. Whenever a scene change is input by the player OScout looks to see if the Module, Upcoming Scene and Actors prep is set to 1, it will load the data for any not set to 1. Once they are all = 1 it let's the scene go to the new animation. Advantage to this is it only will load a scene (or any data it needs) once ever per game session and the scenes can kind of auto prepare themselves which is convenient. The only time they will all not return 1 is when the module is first cast out side of that only the looping scene will not report 1 if you go to a new one for the first time in the game session.

The individual scene files are small enough that the load seems instant but worse case let's stay it takes a second to load up the incoming stuff all that will happen is you'll stay on the position you are on until it's done loading then will proceed to where you want to go and that's only if it doesn't have all the data already loaded.

Thanks for the nice words PipDude,

1.06 was a little different in that I had spells managing segments of the module. One for ESG one for FX etc. It was ok for spreading out the Papyrus but it wasn't as modular as the new approach, it would have the same troubles as a basic spell in expanding the scene to 2+ actors and didn't spread the papyrus out so well, FX still took the biggest hit while ESG was mostly doing nothing. New set up is an instance of the script that has the Facial Expression + ESG functions that's cast on each actor in the scene triggered by Password SendModEvents. I'll post my Papyrus when i get home for an example.

I guess what I mean in a flow chart sense would be:

1. Singular Script attached to a quest is best and all that's needed but >

IF > Papyrus is pausing then spread to a few smaller scripts, the actor spells spread out the load

Or if you need variables per actor saved in the papyrus the actor spells handle that easily. 

I'm not using this system anymore since it's all in actionscript but in 1.07C the spell instance had arrays for their different SexDentity parts to be stored in. VoiceUnit EyeUnit ImpactUnit etc. that held the sound forms and the patterns to use. For an extreme thing like a 9 actor scene I would have needed to make placeholders for at least 9 copies of each type of array and then use x9 IF checks every time one had to be referenced to have the right actor's array come up, but the instancing solves that entirely.

The only really fundamental for the bare minimum animated pair scene is an objectreference has to be created and placed in the world that is used for the actors to set their coordinates too. TranslateTo() pulls them snug to the object then SetVehicle to the object locks them in place. After that it's just a matter of debug.sendanimationevent()

It could get applied with Alias or Spell they both would have the same result of attaching a script to an actor.

Thank you Kinky!

I have some voice samples done for 0SA! Just let me know where I can send them, or if I should post the link here. 

Awesome Arialynn, Thank you!

If you want to link or send them to me. I can put them together in a pack once I get to SexDentity in the new system or I can show you how to implement them in the current system in the mean time. Excited! I'll make sure to full credit you for the work.

I have some voice samples done for 0SA! Just let me know where I can send them, or if I should post the link here. 

Awesome Arialynn, Thank you!

If you want to link or send them to me. I can put them together in a pack once I get to SexDentity in the new system or I can show you how to implement them in the current system in the mean time. Excited! I'll make sure to full credit you for the work.

I wasn't to sure about what to record ~No words, yes words? Just moans?~. So I did a few small samples. I really hope they help!

LINK DOWN! WORKING ON FULL VERSION 

WOW!

How did I miss this mod? I have even seen it briefly but thought it was just someone doing something with 3dsmax WTF?

I downloaded the mod and really want to install it lol but before I do that I want to know some things.

Does this mod conflict with sexlab?

Does this mod conflict with devious devices mods?

Does this mod support SoS Light version hosted here on loverslab?

I noticed the instructions says to start sex just push a button but can this mod be tied into some dialogue instead? The player talks to an npc and the resulting answers determine what sex happens. Potential for dialogue options include romance mods, BDSM mods etc.

This must have been a HUGE amount of work, I am guessing several years to make. Thanks for making this super sexy mod:-)

Have you ever thought about giving life to halofarm's aethersuite mod? Some npcs in there, they do different things some good back story and some factions etc. think cyber punk future with legalized sex slavery and slaver gangs fighting each other for turf and slaves. That is the vibe I get when looking at aethersuite anyways.

/Delurk

First of all, fantastic concept and animation.

I'm going to make a couple suggestions to consider for the future.  I don't want to pull you out of the code zone right now.

Short term:  The mod needs visual feedback/confirmation of when a base position is active.  People going down the highway can't see the exits.  Instead, they try turning whether an exit is there or not.  This could be done with simple papyrus debug notifications, but you could probably also do it with Flash in some way (I'm not a Flash guy).

Long term:  More transitions are needed.  Referring back to my previous highway analogy, a highway isn't quite enough.  An entire interconnected road system is necessary, because you are shooting for a more realistic experience.  In the real world, people don't have to go to position A to get to position B to get to position C.  They can go straight from A to C, or from E to B, etc.  I'm talking about a logic flow where someone gets off the highway and instead of having to reverse down the same exit to get back to the highway, they can instead take a bridge to a different exit, without ever getting back on the highway.  Animation-wise, it's the bridges that are missing.  Code-wise, case statement structure has to be in place to call all the various transitions based on current position > next position.  But, this provides opportunity for a vastly simplified interface.  Imagine 8 positions.  That's a total of 8 potential buttons/key presses without anyone having to know anything more than that, ever.  Maybe a 9th and 10th button to go forward from preliminary or to the Big C, but transitions from them would also be necessary.  Knowing where you want to go would be the only thing that matters – how you get there would be automatic.  I humbly submit that a large percentage (if not all) of the UI complaints are a direct result of a lack of automatically-chosen transitions between final to final positions or from final to preliminary.

All of this is of course, easy for someone who doesn't have to do the work to say, which is why I'm going to shut up now.

Much respect and props.

/lurk

So is anyone else getting another body in first person view while using Enhanced Camera? It seems to be a direct conflict with 0Sex as the bug only occurs during scenes, but I cannot imagine what would be the cause of it...

Is this just me?

To quick answer some of the mentioned thingies:

This mod doesnt conflict with anything. In theory it could conflict to mods that binded same keys for their actions but in next version this conflict will be minimal or gone since most of keys are moved to UI.

Existing mods that start sex through dialogue can be upgraded to start 0sex.

UI will show all the pathways so there is no longer guessing where you can go. After its tested pathways A - C can be easily added.

SOS light should be compatible but at this point upgrading to SOS full is probably better choice.

Enhanced camera has some description saying it could have some issues with FNIS animations in first person. There is a fix written there. Im using IFP so dont really know how EC handles things.

Hello CEO 0S

Just want to say thanks for this mod, it actually was the case for me to play skyrim again after 3 years, and maybe complete the game finally...=) (at least story mission)

I believe you know the mod All in one HDT Animated Pussy, I'm using that mod along with your, so the only problem that mostly annoys me is that the vagina toggles in open in the base position, because as I understand its supposed to open when any animation begin.
So is there a way you or me can fix this issue, or this issue is related to the Animated pussy author?
Would be great if your mod would have such a feature, it would make the process more immersive other then the penis go through closed vagina textures...

Regards,
Diablo_rf

I've been having a dilemna with the eventual cap a mod could hit with getting their scene XML too full. Even if the data was minimal an ambitious developer might find a time when they hit a point where the mod had a second or two stall of the game on start. I Opted to switch to loading scenes one at a time for two reasons, 1 it seems it loads and processes (smaller XML more often) faster in context to a larger XML less often) the small xml can get by with no impact at all and that would mean there's no ceiling to worry about where the mod would start to eventually have problems loading in. It's being loaded by the actionscript as opposed to the papyrus and also you can put multiple scenes into one scene file. So if you want fast paced but smaller combat module that doesn't have enough scenes to stall out the game a second or two on load you can just put them all in a single XML for a single load.

No harm in setting it up that way. Just adds some leg-work setting up files and doing more loads.

I'm just wondering, did you see any 1 or 2 second pauses? I don't recall seeing that when I tested large xml. But, it's probably hardware dependent. So, could be a difference.

1.06 was a little different in that I had spells managing segments of the module. One for ESG one for FX etc. It was ok for spreading out the Papyrus but it wasn't as modular as the new approach, it would have the same troubles as a basic spell in expanding the scene to 2+ actors and didn't spread the papyrus out so well, FX still took the biggest hit while ESG was mostly doing nothing. New set up is an instance of the script that has the Facial Expression + ESG functions that's cast on each actor in the scene triggered by Password SendModEvents. I'll post my Papyrus when i get home for an example.

I guess what I mean in a flow chart sense would be:

1. Singular Script attached to a quest is best and all that's needed but >

IF > Papyrus is pausing then spread to a few smaller scripts, the actor spells spread out the load

Or if you need variables per actor saved in the papyrus the actor spells handle that easily. 

I'm not using this system anymore since it's all in actionscript but in 1.07C the spell instance had arrays for their different SexDentity parts to be stored in. VoiceUnit EyeUnit ImpactUnit etc. that held the sound forms and the patterns to use. For an extreme thing like a 9 actor scene I would have needed to make placeholders for at least 9 copies of each type of array and then use x9 IF checks every time one had to be referenced to have the right actor's array come up, but the instancing solves that entirely.

So, the new system does not use spells any more? I would be curious to see the Papyrus to see how it's set up.

I think the part I'm not sure about is how events from Flash can trigger an action for a specific Actor without using either spells or aliases.