OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

If you're going to delete replies that don't violate a rule, simply because someone doesn't like direct and truthful discussion, then there's really no point in leaving this thread unlocked. Either allow discussion, or don't, but pretending to allow and curating the content into an artificial hug box is disingenuous and feckless. Is this a forum, or a blog?

1 minute ago, no13 said:

If you're going to delete replies that don't violate a rule, simply because someone doesn't like direct and truthful discussion, then there's really no point in leaving this thread unlocked. Either allow discussion, or don't, but pretending to allow and curating the content into an artificial hug box is disingenuous and feckless. Is this a forum, or a blog?

Since that is directed at me (since I'm the one who hid the posts) let me reiterate the conditions I laid down yesterday. A post must be educational or entertaining. If it is rude and insulting it will be removed. If it has no value to the readers of this Thread it will be removed. If the author of such posts makes a habit of violating those rules then they will have the same punishments applied as other Rule breakers.

For reference, here are the first 2 Rules of LoversLab:

Spoiler
  1. The biggest and most important thing of this community is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

2. Don't be a jerk. Seriously, does this really need to be said?

Please don't make me enforce them. I prefer it when the Membership can behave like mature adults and I can play Skyrim rather than spending hours monitoring LL conversations.

22 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Since that is directed at me (since I'm the one who hid the posts) let me reiterate the conditions I laid down yesterday. A post must be educational or entertaining. If it is rude and insulting it will be removed. If it has no value to the readers of this Thread it will be removed. If the author of such posts makes a habit of violating those rules then they will have the same punishments applied as other Rule breakers.

For reference, here are the first 2 Rules of LoversLab:

Hide contents
  1. The biggest and most important thing of this community is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

2. Don't be a jerk. Seriously, does this really need to be said?

Please don't make me enforce them. I prefer it when the Membership can behave like mature adults and I can play Skyrim rather than spending hours monitoring LL conversations.

Thanks for quoting the rules. None of them were violated, no reasonable observer could possibly claim that they were, but you removed the post anyways. You know why, and I know why, so why pretend? If this is what you're going to do, at least have the dignity and the self-respect to own it and be forthright about it.

But I have zero interest in listening to internet hall monitors insist that vague and ill defined requirements like "educational" weren't satisfied whenever a particular post doesn't suit their whims, so if that's your reply, just skip to the part where you start power tripping and banning all dissent and disagreement, and spare me the flimsy excuses.

15 minutes ago, no13 said:

Thanks for quoting the rules. None of them were violated, no reasonable observer could possibly claim that they were, but you removed the post anyways. You know why, and I know why, so why pretend? If this is what you're going to do, at least have the dignity and the self-respect to own it and be forthright about it.

But I have zero interest in listening to internet hall monitors insist that vague and ill defined requirements like "educational" weren't satisfied whenever a particular post doesn't suit their whims, so if that's your reply, just skip to the part where you start power tripping and banning all dissent and disagreement, and spare me the flimsy excuses.

Okay, if you insist.

I figured something like this would happen eventually with how the mod scene is becoming more tolerant of paywalls.

When you release a legendary mod for free. Share a mod for the community not even thinking about making money off it. For years it stayed free and available

and someone takes that hard work, your resource for the community and turns into a paywalled/Early access bullshit and makes bank off most of your labor. I don't agree with the apparent popup script because the users don't know what's going on but

Hopefully there is a good resolution but know this is what happens when you take peoples stuff and charge for it.

Edited by QuietPippin
21 minutes ago, QuietPippin said:

I figured something like this would happen eventually with how the mod scene is becoming more tolerant of paywalls.

When you release a legendary mod for free. Share a mod for the community not even thinking about making money off it. For years it stayed free and available

and someone takes that hard work, your resource for the community and turns into a paywalled/Early access bullshit and makes bank of most of your labor. I don't agree with the apparent popup script because the users don't know what's going on but

Hopefully there is a good resolution to this but know this is what happens you when you take peoples stuff and charge for it.

OStim appeared on Patreon half a year after it's initial release having 4 major releases already and several addons released for free and with open permissions. Just something to keep in mind before jumping to conclusions...

43 minutes ago, QuietPippin said:

and someone takes that hard work, your resource for the community and turns into a paywalled/Early access bullshit and makes bank of most of your labor. I don't agree with the apparent popup script because the users don't know what's going on but

Hopefully there is a good resolution to this but know this is what happens you when you take peoples stuff and charge for it.

Thanks for fighting for me man, on the bright side having to fight for my IP has got me embeded back into the game, and I'm revitalized. I've learned a lot while I been gone and you got content incoming as a result. Hang tight, it's a lot of work but i'm doing it. For people following my deadlines, the events of late have delayed me a few days possibly a week. Just keep hanging on I'll be more transparent with development to at least show progress. I had a few nights of just animating to relax and decompress all the stress so while there is a delay we made a bunch of new kisses and hugs.

These aren't from my game but users were hanging out with me in discord and were live testing some of the new anims. These screen shots are from Coder: New Kiss and new embrace. So much PASSION.

unknown.png    unknown.png

I also reposted the links to my old animation guides. I moved them from Tumblr since it's dying. You can get theme here now:

If anyone is thinking about starting animation my guides generally get a very good response. I wrote them 6 years ago but they are very relevant still, I was just beginning to learn animation maybe a month or two in at the time so the writing I believe is good for someone just starting since I was roughly in the same place just describing what I had figured out so far. Let me know what you think!

Edited by CEO 0S
1 hour ago, QuietPippin said:

Someone who doesn't think about making money off modding wouldn't create a Patreon account

someone takes that hard work

Show us who stole the work. How can it be stealing when it directly depends on that work? What's more, stealing with permission granted and endorsement? And do you really believe a mod would stay so long on the Nexus if it would steal from such popular mod?

and turns into a paywalled/Early access bullshit and makes bank of most of your labor

this is what happens you when you take peoples stuff and charge for it.

Nobody was selling Ceo's work.

Please, stop spreading misinformation. If you need more information that is not biased by any related community then you can read it here

Edited by WildAdmiral

Is CEO being a dick? Maybe?

Wrong? Not…really?

I’ve 180’d on this over the years and developed a hardline stance that mod authors can and should essentially be free to do anything with their mod, and it’s all thanks to places like Reddit where users are incredibly entitled and its pro-user-above-all-else attitudes. 
In all honesty if Ostim wanted to keep doing its thing the internet is disrespectful enough to keep older copies of osex and osa up forever, and while permissions would disallow that, "the community" is self-serving enough that I’m fairly confident that they can find ways to continue with these offshoot operations if the individuals involved really wanted to.

40 minutes ago, ballsy said:

Is CEO being a dick? Maybe?

Wrong? Not…really?

I’ve 180’d on this over the years and developed a hardline stance that mod authors can and should essentially be free to do anything with their mod, and it’s all thanks to places like Reddit where users are incredibly entitled and its pro-user-above-all-else attitudes. 
In all honesty if Ostim wanted to keep doing its thing the internet is disrespectful enough to keep older copies of osex and osa up forever, and while permissions would disallow that, "the community" is self-serving enough that I’m fairly confident that they can find ways to continue with these offshoot operations if the individuals involved really wanted to.

You're not wrong. I am the biggest dick of all.

The plan going forward: I had to reclaim my IPs which is almost complete and I will then release OSA+ when I finish it. This will be followed by a massive animation pack OSex+, in fact I have 100s of animations I want to launch right now but I can't because I'm worried they will just be intercepted like how you describe, SO I have to wait for OSA+, this is why I can't Unicorn yet either. My permissions are rock solid now and I have been coordinating with Nexus on this so I will have some means to protect myself. It's true that there is FAR less honor on the internet than in 2015, the world has changed for the worst. All the vulnerabilities you describe are real and can be easily exploited, no one will stop it. I've established my IPs back under my control and OSA+\OSex+ will win the hearts and minds with the quality and content people know me for. Love Conquers All

Edited by CEO 0S
1 hour ago, WildAdmiral said:

Nobody was selling Ceo's work.

When I returned people were making thousands monthly off my project which I had always given away for free to the community. Anything built on OSA/OSex is still 95%+ my work (Most likely more even). You are underestimating the years of intense work it takes to build OSex and OSA compared to some papyrus plugins and mcms. It's fair to say my work was being monetized by others and there is a reason those mods can't exist or function at all without every single mod I've made in my years of modding Skyrim.

Edited by CEO 0S

Lot of game companies feel the same way. That's the nice thing about sims/Bethesda games. For all the bad blood with Bethesda you have to tip your hat at how open they are. I'm sure EA looks at wickedwhims with a bit of annoyance since 95% of the content is developed by EA. Take 2 sues modders but I get it they profit off of their hard work. (Improving graphics cuts into their profits so even free mods cost companies.) I don't normally think about EA and Bethesda in a positive light but you have to kind of respect them for being so open.

Hello CE0. I wonder if now would be a good time for a feature request. I'm an LE user that lately has been replacing NPC head.nifs from various mods with my own. OSA had this feature where you could look at an NPC and use OSA to display its form ID, and race, file path, etc in one display. I wonder if you could add the NPC weight to the same display as well? That way I wouldn't have to launch xedit at all to find the same info. I could look at an NPC in game, find out what I need, then go straight into racemenu and make the replacement nif. Saves time. 

Thanks. Also, I appreciate your mods for some of the unsung features. For instance, I use the NPC flavor text feature to add info on a custom follower such as his/her best abilities, perks, etc. That way I can know how to equip said follower when I hire him/her without having to remember in a game with dozens of custom followers.

Couple of things, though. Disable actor height scaling doesn't seem to work. Also, renaming generic NPCs feature doesn't seem to work either. Am I doing something wrong or did those features never get implemented?

Anyway I appreciate your work. It never ceases to amaze me how much mod authors like yourself have added value to an old game like Skyrim without expecting anything more than a thanks in return. Good luck with OSA+/OSEX+ and thanks.

37 minutes ago, lordkimbo29 said:

Hello CE0. I wonder if now would be a good time for a feature request. I'm an LE user that lately has been replacing NPC head.nifs from various mods with my own. OSA had this feature where you could look at an NPC and use OSA to display its form ID, and race, file path, etc in one display. I wonder if you could add the NPC weight to the same display as well? That way I wouldn't have to launch xedit at all to find the same info. I could look at an NPC in game, find out what I need, then go straight into racemenu and make the replacement nif. Saves time. 

Thanks. Also, I appreciate your mods for some of the unsung features. For instance, I use the NPC flavor text feature to add info on a custom follower such as his/her best abilities, perks, etc. That way I can know how to equip said follower when I hire him/her without having to remember in a game with dozens of custom followers.

Couple of things, though. Disable actor height scaling doesn't seem to work. Also, renaming generic NPCs feature doesn't seem to work either. Am I doing something wrong or did those features never get implemented?

Anyway I appreciate your work. It never ceases to amaze me how much mod authors like yourself have added value to an old game like Skyrim without expecting anything more than a thanks in return. Good luck with OSA+/OSEX+ and thanks.

Thanks so much for the lovely note, Lifted me up!

There's a new version soon OSA+ it is a complete do over so things will change, all for the better though. The things you describe are mostly there however you are using some pretty complicated late features that not many figured out how to do. 

Firstly for toggles that don't seem to work, if you use OStim try the toggles without OStim, some of my config menu don't work with OStim installed. There are also options that don't work at all that I never finished implementing though.

- In OSA+ I will add weight stat to that page, anything like that let me know it's helpful as I'm currently developing those things as we speak.

- Profile will remain (might not be in first version since it's a bit of a fringe feature) but it will return shortly after, I will be removing the stats page though as that's to complicated to manage and I'm trying to condense the new version a bit. In return i will make profile a little better.

- The scaling system is being redone in + so it will be fixed or at least different bugs once it's done.

- For AutoRename it was one of the vary last features i added so it might or might not work. Make sure you enable it in the option menu it has a button that toggles it.

It sounds like you are pretty good at figuring out my documents so here are examples of AutoIntimates, AutoRename, and AutoGFX. Give it a try and see if you can get any results? I know AutoGFX work so you can use that to get a feel for the system then try AutoRename and see if that works. I haven't used these myself in over 5 years so it's hard to remember if they have a problem or how they work exactly:   Give it a try.

https://github.com/legendofceo/skyrim_osa_customizer_autoequip_examples

If you get stuck on any documents or want me to take a look at something with you, ask me here or in my discord and I'll be happy to try to break it all down with you.

Appreciate it! 

Edited by CEO 0S
3 hours ago, DDetrix said:

Lot of game companies feel the same way. That's the nice thing about sims/Bethesda games. For all the bad blood with Bethesda you have to tip your hat at how open they are. I'm sure EA looks at wickedwhims with a bit of annoyance since 95% of the content is developed by EA. Take 2 sues modders but I get it they profit off of their hard work. (Improving graphics cuts into their profits so even free mods cost companies.) I don't normally think about EA and Bethesda in a positive light but you have to kind of respect them for being so open.

Analogically speaking, since when have superchargers taken a V8 and rebranded it as their own?

8 hours ago, CEO 0S said:

When I returned people were making thousands monthly off my project which I had always given away for free to the community. Anything built on OSA/OSex is still 95%+ my work (Most likely more even).

Unbelivable, someone created a mod based on framework. What a surprise! If something is just built on does not mean it's stealing. Real world examples: there are thousands of companies that create software that is built on .NET framework (hmm.. framework, coincidence?). Does it mean they're stealing? No. Does it mean Microsoft would go and block software they don't like? No. 

8 hours ago, CEO 0S said:

there is a reason those mods can't exist or function at all without every single mod I've made in my years of modding Skyrim.

Hmm... let me think, maybe this reason is that they're based on framework and that nothing has been stolen? Let's think about it: if your work was stolen why would the mod still require your mods? Why would it still be available on the Nexus for all this time (over a year now)? ?

Example: if a mod requires SexLab, does it mean that it stoles from it? I think not.

9 hours ago, CEO 0S said:

You are underestimating the years of intense work it takes to build OSex and OSA compared to some papyrus plugins and mcms.

No, nobody is understimating that.

Hope that it clears some things up. I believe everything has been said, so this is my last message in this topic.

Now, as a fan of your work:
I wish you good luck and would like to ask why no animation has been removed if you've got the copyright claim for about 75% of them and the mod was hidden for some time?

54 minutes ago, WildAdmiral said:

Brother. We are moving forward in harmony now, not just you and I but the entire Plus and Stim communities.  Sai and I have coordinated and we will talk soon and come to an agreement that everyone is going to love. I am telling you what is to come will have everyone salivating and thrilled. We wil be at the absolute best possible time line the adult modding scene could possibly have for everyone, Sai, Me, Plugin Creators, the End User. This will change everything. Please stop the hostility because we're brothers now and none of the past matters anymore.  All will not just be fixed but be far better than it ever was. 

Edited by CEO 0S
4 minutes ago, Namtar55 said:

Hi CEO

All is solved man, everything is concluded. We've arrived at the best possible outcome for everyone. It's time to put things behind us. Sai and I have coordinate and the future has never been brighter for adult modding in Skyrim. Relax for now it's all ok from here on out.

23 minutes ago, CEO 0S said:

WildAdmiral, brother. We are moving forward in harmony now, not just you and I but the entire Plus and Stim communities.  Sai and I have coordinated and we will talk soon and come to an agreement that everyone is going to love. I am telling you what is to come will have everyone salivating and thrilled. We wil be at the absolute best possible time line the adult modding scene could possibly have for everyone, Sai, Me, Plugin Creators, the End User. This will change everything. Please stop the hostility because we're brothers now and none of the past matters anymore.  All will not just be fixed but be far better than it ever was. 

Yes!

9 hours ago, CEO 0S said:

All is solved man, everything is concluded. We've arrived at the best possible outcome for everyone. It's time to put things behind us. Sai and I have coordinate and the future has never been brighter for adult modding in Skyrim. Relax for now it's all ok from here on out.

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Edit: Okay, the moderators edited my post to "remove the rude and insulting part." The part that they removed was me calling CE0 a liar. The reason I called CE0 a liar is because they are. They stated multiple time that every part of OSA/OSex was made by them, and then a few days later changed their tune saying that 75% of the animations were made by someone else. Those two things cannot both be true, so one of them is a lie. Therefore, CE0 is a liar. I'm not trying to be rude or insulting, I'm stating a simple fact. It's hard for me to trust CE0's claims that everything has been resolved when they have told demonstrable lies in the recent past.

Edited by throwmeinthetrash6
Removed Rude and Insulting part
2 hours ago, throwmeinthetrash6 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Apologies Throwmeinthetrash6,

I am fighting an incredibly complex Intellectual Property fight for my mods that has many communities, and companies all at the table wanting a piece. There are many hard to describe and abstract concepts being toiled with in this dispute. There are monetary forces at play, legal teams etc and I am navigating it by myself to the best I can to get back what is mine while still trying to ensure that the community at large is also happy. This has been an incredibly difficult and emotionally hard time for me, and also all of you, I see that too, but I now have control of my IPs and I will fight to ensure that the community and I mean the WHOLE community, gets everything they have ever wanted also.

With the stakes as high as they have become around my offering of mods not everything can be fully transparent and I have to do what I can to protect my own interests. I will fight for everyone that enjoys this body of work and for all those that have built on it but you have to let me also fight for myself. Please try to not take things personally, and understand there is a world of stuff going on behind the scenes. Hopefully this resonates some. 

Edited by CEO 0S
16 minutes ago, CEO 0S said:

Apologies Throwmeinthetrash6,

I am fighting an incredibly complex Intellectual Property fight for my mods that has many communities, and companies all at the table wanting a piece. There are many hard to describe and abstract concepts being toiled with in this dispute. There are monetary forces at play, legal teams etc and I am navigating it by myself to the best I can to get back what is mine while still trying to ensure that the community at large is also happy. This has been an incredibly difficult and emotionally hard time for me, and also all of you, I see that too, but I now have control of my IPs and I will fight to ensure that the community and I mean the WHOLE community, gets everything they have ever wanted also.

With the stakes as high as they have become around my offering of mods not everything can be fully transparent and I have to do what I can to protect my own interests. I will fight for everyone that enjoys this body of work and for all those that have built on it but you have to let me also fight for myself. Please try to not take things personally, and understand there is a world of stuff going on behind the scenes. Hopefully this resonates some. 

It's possible to not be "fully transparent" without telling outright lies. I appreciate you trying to backpedal at this point, but the reason that people are upset isn't because you want to protect your intellectual property (which by the way is built on top of the IP of several other people/companies, but whatever). We're upset because you've acted in bad faith numerous times over the last few days, treating people badly, making their games unplayable, and telling outright lies (which you still haven't addressed). You can keep trying the strawman argument if you want, but people are smart enough to see through it.

Best of luck.

Edited by throwmeinthetrash6