OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

Hello dear forum users.
I warn you in advance that my English is not very good.
I would like to ask a few questions:
1) Is it true that the CEO is working on the closing scenes for Osex's fashion? If so, what is his latest work with the Osex mod?
2) The second question about the voice mod. I have a misunderstanding when in the mode of changing the speed of the motion of animations there is no difference between the voice acting of slow movements and fast ones, so it should be or is it some kind of mistake? Simply I where read the description to a fashion and there it has been written that the sound depends on speed of animation.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, FreddyAEK said:

Unfortunately this mod is dead. Development is halted, and the mod author has stated he will not develop further. His code is on GitHub, for anyone wanting to continue development.

Calling it dead could be a bit hasty of you. There are some people which have this mod on their to do list, and some are going through the code as we speak. Even CEO himself might do some stuff for it down the line, but he has (as most of the modders do) more pressing matters to attend to.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, NeatLL said:

It would be nice if someone else took OSex over, finished out the missing animations, and started integrating SexLab animations into it.

This, while certainly on some minds, is a lot of work. And as usual, out of hundred of people hoping that (and sometimes complaining that none) progress is made, only very few are actually willing to contribute, which doesn't help development time.

Also, there are major problems which need to be adressed before any progress can be made which is visible to users. The first would be a nearly complete rework of OSA to make it more modular and exposing several API's for others to hook into. With OSA beeing a very huge tool, this will take time.

Next would be to eventually update all existing animations, and then, develop new ones, preferably with a level at least comparable to CEO's one. (just to give you a sense of time here, one animated scene of 3-5s takes even very good animators like CEO himself around 3 whole work days to complete. Assuming this is not a persons main job, and he/she would sink around 1 hour of their freetime daily into one animation, it would take around one month to complete one animation alone).

If some of you want results fast, the best way is to contribute. This is fairly easy over github for everyone to do.

4 hours ago, Kiara said:

Calling it dead could be a bit hasty of you. There are some people which have this mod on their to do list, and some are going through the code as we speak. Even CEO himself might do some stuff for it down the line, but he has (as most of the modders do) more pressing matters to attend to.

This, while certainly on some minds, is a lot of work. And as usual, out of hundred of people hoping that (and sometimes complaining that none) progress is made, only very few are actually willing to contribute, which doesn't help development time.

Also, there are major problems which need to be adressed before any progress can be made which is visible to users. The first would be a nearly complete rework of OSA to make it more modular and exposing several API's for others to hook into. With OSA beeing a very huge tool, this will take time.

Next would be to eventually update all existing animations, and then, develop new ones, preferably with a level at least comparable to CEO's one. (just to give you a sense of time here, one animated scene of 3-5s takes even very good animators like CEO himself around 3 whole work days to complete. Assuming this is not a persons main job, and he/she would sink around 1 hour of their freetime daily into one animation, it would take around one month to complete one animation alone).

If some of you want results fast, the best way is to contribute. This is fairly easy over github for everyone to do.

So what is implied is that this project's workload is so heavy that it's impractical and fairly impossible to finish. Especially for one guy, who also has a life. Also, some of us here have been following this mod for a great deal of time, supporting, endorsing etc. I'd hate for this mod to die, but from what I can tell, it's been so long, and unfortunately for us Osexers, no one has stepped up. Not even thw guys from Sexlab who are excellent modders. I for one do not have the codding capabilities or the Artistry skills needed to help. I have although made some fairly simple animations for a mod of mine, but I can't import it to Osex/Osa, I just don't get how the thing works. that's my two cents.

As much as I love this mod, I ultimately had to uninstall it. The lack of an orgasm event to end the scene broke immersion for me. If I knew anything

about coding or building animations at least in the OSA/OSEX framework I'd do it myself, but alas... I do not. I keep a copy of it on my external and stare at it longingly every once in a while. If someone would be willing to point me in the right direction to get started as a complete and total nub, I'd totally be willing to see if I could wrap my head around it enough to make this sequence.

10 hours ago, FreddyAEK said:

So what is implied is that this project's workload is so heavy that it's impractical and fairly impossible to finish. Especially for one guy, who also has a life. Also, some of us here have been following this mod for a great deal of time, supporting, endorsing etc. I'd hate for this mod to die, but from what I can tell, it's been so long, and unfortunately for us Osexers, no one has stepped up. Not even thw guys from Sexlab who are excellent modders. I for one do not have the codding capabilities or the Artistry skills needed to help. I have although made some fairly simple animations for a mod of mine, but I can't import it to Osex/Osa, I just don't get how the thing works. that's my two cents.

Your assesment of the Situation is right at large, but i want to give some points to take into consideration also. 

1. This is a huge mod, as you said, and thus to much work for one alone. But someone has to make a start, have a look at the task at large, and then divide it up. For if there are smaller tasks, more are willing to help.

2. The sexlab people wont get their hands into something so big, without any Perspektive of ä concept. They have their own big Projekt, and to this Point OSA is completly Independent (which is one of the things which needs to be fixed)

3.(also @forgottenotlost) Unfortunatly CEO has left us no hint on how to make animations for OSA, and from what we have learned so far, the process is rather complicated. To simplyfy that process is one of the priority major tasks, for that to complete would mean a much faster develop process through early Integration of additional resources and higher parallelism. This task is being worked on. But there are major Design decisions to be made to make sure, that it will give everybody a sensible solution.

1 hour ago, forgottenotlost said:

As much as I love this mod, I ultimately had to uninstall it. The lack of an orgasm event to end the scene broke immersion for me. If I knew anything

about coding or building animations at least in the OSA/OSEX framework I'd do it myself, but alas... I do not. I keep a copy of it on my external and stare at it longingly every once in a while. If someone would be willing to point me in the right direction to get started as a complete and total nub, I'd totally be willing to see if I could wrap my head around it enough to make this sequence.

14 hours ago, Kiara said:

Your assesment of the Situation is right at large, but i want to give some points to take into consideration also. 

1. This is a huge mod, as you said, and thus to much work for one alone. But someone has to make a start, have a look at the task at large, and then divide it up. For if there are smaller tasks, more are willing to help.

2. The sexlab people wont get their hands into something so big, without any Perspektive of ä concept. They have their own big Projekt, and to this Point OSA is completly Independent (which is one of the things which needs to be fixed)

3.(also @forgottenotlost) Unfortunatly CEO has left us no hint on how to make animations for OSA, and from what we have learned so far, the process is rather complicated. To simplyfy that process is one of the priority major tasks, for that to complete would mean a much faster develop process through early Integration of additional resources and higher parallelism. This task is being worked on. But there are major Design decisions to be made to make sure, that it will give everybody a sensible solution.

Thank you for your quick reply Kiara. I'll just have to keep an eye out for news/updates from the community.

Animating is fairly simple using blender. All the Animations I created for my mod, was done by this software. Granted, they are not as well made as CEO's, but as a proof of concept, they work fine. However I haven't been able to add them in Osex. I don't understand how the system works. For whomever is willing to give it a try you need:
www.blender.org
blender nif plugin
Animation Tools N3 - Animation with IK armature

Readme included is very comprehensive

19 hours ago, FreddyAEK said:

Animating is fairly simple using blender. All the Animations I created for my mod, was done by this software. Granted, they are not as well made as CEO's, but as a proof of concept, they work fine. However I haven't been able to add them in Osex. I don't understand how the system works. For whomever is willing to give it a try you need:
www.blender.org
blender nif plugin
Animation Tools N3 - Animation with IK armature

Readme included is very comprehensive

Also, to whom ever is interested: have a look at the guides CEO himself provided on his tumbler (link in his sig or on first page).

There are some very good animation guides, which are very good and helpfull, thus using 3dsmax and not blender.

1 hour ago, Kiara said:

Also, to whom ever is interested: have a look at the guides CEO himself provided on his tumbler (link in his sig or on first page).

There are some very good animation guides, which are very good and helpfull, thus using 3dsmax and not blender.

Yes, CEO's guides are very helpful, and he explains the process quite well. Do give them a go. but I strongly suggest blender. It'a a much more easy program to learn (I guess that's subjective), equally as powerful, with a better UI.

EDIT : I have redone the description to be more descriptive and removed some informations on this page, which are available on GitHub.

EDIT 2: Now on Nexus, for Oldrim and SSE

EDIT 3: Added picture guide to add custom icons to OSA

Hello everyone ! When trying to understand how OSA works, I've decided to start looking at the MyAnimation functionality. Seeing how easy but tedious it was to create a poser plugin, I decided to create a simple tool for speeding up the process. One week later, i'm pleased enough with its current state to share it with you. This is my first ever release of an executable. If you have any suggestions / remarks, feel free to ask them. Since this is the first release, I would like to post it here first, to get some feedback and fix my tool.

Without further ado, here is (If you have a better name, I'll take it ?) :

OSelector

OSelector is a tool to automatically generate a poser plugin for OSA based on a folder, whether it is your entire data/ folder, or a mod folder. With this
plugin. You can easily and quickly play a single animation from any mod, from a simple navigation menu displayed through OSA UI.
Whether you want an navigation menu for a mod containing 10 animations or 14000 animations from your entire data/ folder, the menu will be automatically generated and splitted into differents folders with appropriate name when possible. However, if you want a better menu, you can edit it by :

• reorganizing folders and entries with a drag&drop functionality and a few other actions
  • editing names of folders and entries
  • editing icons displayed by the menu

Animations that can be played are the ones which are registered using FNIS. The plugin is just an xml file, which is read by OSA, so no esp slot is taken. It also means that any animation mod author can pack his mod with the generated plugin. It will be ignored for those who do not have OSA installed, but those who do can easily and quickly preview their animations. This plugin use the *MyAnimation* functionality from OSA:

Description of MyAnimation from OSA:

MyANIMATION: functions exactly the same as MyEquip except it plays animations. It's a text data poser mod without the need for rings. You can group your animations into categories however you like. They can play directly from the list on the player character or on a target. Note that MyAnim is different from the animation engine, the animation engine has lots of empowered features for animated scene creators where as MyAnim functions like a poser mode where it simply plays single animations. 

Preview of an automatically generated menu after scanning my data/ folder
tool_overview.thumb.PNG.c65253456409e493e266efc260e9f5b5.PNG

Dependencies

• Works on Oldrim. I did not tested it on SSE, but if OSA works, it should to.
  • OSA
  • At least a mod containing animations using FNIS, otherwise there is no use to launch the tool.

Basic usage

1. First step is to specify the folder you wish to scan for animations (usually data/ or mods/). It will register every animation using FNIS. It will automatically build a menu for you, with appropriate names and structure so you don't have to edit it during step 2, unless you want to improve it.
  2. During second step, the menu will be displayed. It is represented by a tree structure. That's how it will be organized in-game. Next, if you want to improve it, you can edit the tree by changing names, reorganizing folders and entries and changing their icon. To prevent the screen from being cluttered with entries, at generation, each page is limited to 25 items (configurable). It means that the tool will organize the tree in such a way that an folder cannot have more than 25 entries. But if you edit it yourself with Drag&Drop this rule is not applied (Meaning you can force a page to have more than 25 entries).
  3. The third and final step is the plugin generation, where you just have to click on Generate Plugin and specify the name of your plugin.

If you make no edit to the tree, this process should not take more than two minute, depending on your hardware and the number of animations. For example, I have currently ~14 000 animations installed. With the tool, it took only 18 seconds from opening to the plugin's generation.

More Information on GitHub.

Download on GitHub

Oldrim Nexus link

SSE Nexus link

@Hyperenor Nice work there.

To prevent confusion for users, could you add dependencies, and maybe a disclaimer, that this is a tool intended for modders?

Also, for others:

This will enable you to play single animations for posing. There is no functionality to auto play different scenes

@Kiara Thanks ! I've added dependencies and done some tweak to the description. As for the disclaimer, I do not see this tool use mainly by mod authors, but also by mod users.

Let's say I've downloaded a poser mods containing several animations and that it is using rings for playing poses. Anyone can launch the tool, scan the mod folder and it will build automatically the navigation menu. No editing is needed, except if the user wants better name and organization, but it should be fine for most cases.

After that, the user just have to click on "Generate Plugin" and it will place the plugin in the mods/ folder (If using MO, you may have to refresh the left pane, to see the mod and activate it).

For example, I have ~14 000 animations installed, and in less than a minute i have a navigation menu for OSA generated by the tool.

If anyone is interested, I've generated from the OSA.swf file, a html file containing a list of icons included in OSA. Open the file with any browser. (Also available on the Files Section of OSelector mod page, see signature down below)

EDIT : Added permissions warning to the file (restricted to use in OSA only)

icons_list.zip

Nice work @Hyperenor

This will serve helpfull as resource overview for modders and users.

PLease keep in mind, that while CEO gave us full permit to the OSA code, the Icons and vector art are restricted to use in OSA only

The vectors art work inside OSA-Flash are my own drawings and they are not permited to be used in any way outside of OSA

stated here