How to use zap sliders in bodyslide?

nopseudomoi

Hi all! Thanks for the help

I can't figure out how to use the zap sliders in bodyslide (i use the remodeled armors and clothes mod from chronotrigger)

I tried:

unticking it in the bottom right panel and saving (no effect)

deleting the shape in the upper right panel (no efect either)

Please someone can tell me how to do it or link me to a tutorial on how to use it?? (have found none on how to use them, they usually just say "zap what you want and build")

Many thanks in advance

How I usually use zap sliders:

-Get the mesh pieces ready, shaped to cbbe (bodyslide default, after all).

-Slider menu, Conform All.

-Decide what I am zapping out.

Select the mesh piece you are masking portions from in the top right panel.

-Using the Mask Vertices brush (4th button from the left), I paint what I want removed. Provided your mesh is not a dark color itself, this will put a dark grey overlay on the mesh. You may want to turn on Show Wireframe in the Edit menu, so you can be sure of what you are really painting.

-When everything you want to make go away is painted dark grey like this, go back to the Slider menu and Select New Zap Slider. Name it something easy to remember.

-Save your project.

Once in Bodyslide proper, with your new project, you should have a visible tickbox for your new zap slider. Be sure to check the preview with it off AND on before generating. If it worked, the zapped-off parts should be gone, and you can generate the mesh. If not, you will probably have to redo all the above steps, so its best not to generate and mess up your base meshes.

From your description it sounds like you're trying to apply them from Outfit Studio. If you're talking about the zaps that already come with Remodeled Armor, you tick to activate a zap slider when on the build panel of Bodyslide.

If you're trying to make your own, what I do is deselect all other armor parts so the only one visible is the one I want zapped,  paint it with the mask brush, invert the mask, then create a new zap slider and give it a name. 

If it's an area of the armor that isn't a piece on it's own and you just want to remove a particular area of it, Terkhan's description will serve you. 

• 5 months later...

Once in Bodyslide proper, with your new project, you should have a visible tickbox for your new zap slider. Be sure to check the preview with it off AND on before generating.

I looked through many threads but at that point I have no idea what people that explain this are talking about. Where exactly is this tickbox? Which preview? Somehow everyone is extremely vague on this part.

• 1 month later...

Once in Bodyslide proper, with your new project, you should have a visible tickbox for your new zap slider. Be sure to check the preview with it off AND on before generating.

I looked through many threads but at that point I have no idea what people that explain this are talking about. Where exactly is this tickbox? Which preview? Somehow everyone is extremely vague on this part.

Ok, I got it. Not all the details maybe, but should work.

I think you have to do a batch build with your bodyslide body stuff all done. I was the 'Outfit/Body' menu in the top left corner of bodyslide. Originally I was using it with CBBE HDT. Well, change that to an outfit that has panties, like 'CT77 Blades'. Now you should see the Zap boxes to tick . I ticked 'zappanties'. It also applied that tick to the boxes of all the other outfits (I think). I did a "Batch Build" one more time, just to make sure the change would be applied. I think it was. I did the skirt too. Lol.

It worked in game though, so glad that's figured out....

how to zap panties

pantyless

bodyslide CBBE HDT remodeled armor pantyless zap sliders bodyslide

In Bodyslide itself, NOT in Outfit Studio, is where you'll find the check boxes for outfits with zap sliders. With ChronoTrigger77's Remodeled Armor, for example, after choosing a group (in this case we'll use "CT77 Armor"), you'll choose an outfit in the dropdown menu in the upper left. If it has zap sliders (like, say "CT77 Steel Plate"), you'll see them listed immediately below the drop down menus.

• 3 months later...

It's pretty simple, especially with ChronoTrigger77's Remodeled Armor. Just open Bodyslide, input the groups you want to edit, choose the Preset (the body) you want to build it in the shape of, open a specific outfit and Preview it. The zap options are right at the top.

Example 1: 

kGHOKDF6.png

Example 2: 

QpKydtOg.png

Click Build. Nothing to it.

Sometimes you have to hunt down the Zap options, depending on how the outfit was built. They can be down the bottom sometimes but all of CT77s are right at the top. If you don't see any of those tick boxes then chances are the outfit was built for BodySlide without any, in which case you can look up a tutorial and add them yourself or just deal without them.

Just keep in mind that BS won't keep your Zap preferences saved. If you Batch Build all the outfits they'll be as they initially appear when you open them in BodySlide, i.e. however they were created by the outfit builder. If you want to use them with Zaps I suggest Batch Building the whole set, so you get all of the boots and gloves and whatnot out of the way, then go in and check each outfit individually and rebuild them one at a time with your Zaps chosen.

Let me amend, if you choose an outfit and Zap, say, the panties, THEN Batch Build it'll create all of the outfits that have a panties Zap slider without them. So, if all outfits have the same type of Zap slider, it'll Zap them all when you Batch Build. Sorry, the paragraph above was a bit confusing.

It really isn't as hard as it sounds. 

Archived