I'm on the Sabre cat quest the guy tells me that I need to go into the cave and give it his special venison my but when I find the cat in the cave I cant activate him so I figure I should drop it on the ground in front of him but can find any venison in my inventory I didn't see a notice that I received anything when I was talking to the guy outside either. what should I be looking for and is it in the food category or somewhere else?

10 hours ago, arlost said:

I'm on the Sabre cat quest the guy tells me that I need to go into the cave and give it his special venison my but when I find the cat in the cave I cant activate him so I figure I should drop it on the ground in front of him but can find any venison in my inventory I didn't see a notice that I received anything when I was talking to the guy outside either. what should I be looking for and is it in the food category or somewhere else?

You do get the venison from the hunter.
The event is that the little kitty cat approaches you as soon as you enter the cave, but it's not the venison he wants.

It appears in your game that event managed to break.

Maybe due to some conflicting mod.

Or because this mod was last officially updated 7 years ago ...

You should try reloading an earlier save, maybe the autosave at entering the cave works but that is not guaranteed.

thanks for the information and I had thought of your suggestions and reloaded a new save but same outcome

just tried the SE version and it quit at the Companions (werewolf) when i start the contest and get told to go to my stop it stops there the contest doesn't start

Edited by arlost
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, fallenslayer1 said:

Is there a way to progress the companions party quest i go to the quest mark and nothing happens

Yes.

Wait a while in that location.

Basically an event starts where the NPC are walking to their respective viewer positions and the wolves walk to their action positions.

If memory serves these wolves are walking up from the basement once you are in position.

If you have a random sex initiating mod of any kind active that can mean two or more actors are ... busy engaging in fun activities.

Similar with Jorvaskr Overhauls, some have a random object exactly at the place an actor is supposed to stand resulting in the event not starting because one or more actors are not in place.

You can force the quest to skip that part with a setstage cheat if you want, though.

6 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Yes.

Wait a while in that location.

Basically an event starts where the NPC are walking to their respective viewer positions and the wolves walk to their action positions.

If memory serves these wolves are walking up from the basement once you are in position.

If you have a random sex initiating mod of any kind active that can mean two or more actors are ... busy engaging in fun activities.

Similar with Jorvaskr Overhauls, some have a random object exactly at the place an actor is supposed to stand resulting in the event not starting because one or more actors are not in place.

You can force the quest to skip that part with a setstage cheat if you want, though.

Do you happen to know what i need to use the setstage cheat i waited for half an hour and 2 of the wolves are still in the back with two on the sides of the table also are the wolves supposed to be upstairs when i spawn in. Figured it out 

Edited by fallenslayer1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 5:57 PM, Caravan Enforcer said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but what is the difference between this mod and Animal Mansion Redux (besides the construction quest in Redux)?

The main difference is that this mod is 7 years out of date and AMR is "only" 4 years out of date.

The second largest difference is that AMP focuses on content in the mansion while AMR focuses on content outside the mansion. If I'm not mistaken there were plans to open multiple mansions in the different holds with different animals to fuck.

Which of course never happened aside from alpha tests of one building.

Edited by JesusKreist
On 4/14/2023 at 2:15 AM, JesusKreist said:

The main difference is that this mod is 7 years out of date and AMR is "only" 4 years out of date.

The second largest difference is that AMP focuses on content in the mansion while AMR focuses on content outside the mansion. If I'm not mistaken there were plans to open multiple mansions in the different holds with different animals to fuck.

Which of course never happened aside from alpha tests of one building.

Thanks for the info. 

Also, I am having trouble getting a new quest to show up. Thaena is only saying to entertain guests after I got the dog. How do I progress?

12 hours ago, Caravan Enforcer said:

Thanks for the info. 

Also, I am having trouble getting a new quest to show up. Thaena is only saying to entertain guests after I got the dog. How do I progress?

You need to entertain a number of clients (MCM option). I believe the default number in MCM is 5, so you will need to do it 6 times (0,1,2,3,4,5). After That you will get a new dialogue option.

12 hours ago, Caravan Enforcer said:

I'm having another problem where when Thaena asks to get a horse, no quest is activated, anyone know the issue?

the only thing i can propose is to load a save and speak to her again. Do not cancel dialogues. I never had this exact problem, but similar ones and this helped.

13 hours ago, Caravan Enforcer said:

I'm having another problem where when Thaena asks to get a horse, no quest is activated, anyone know the issue?

Issue #1

The mod is pretty outdated and for Oldrim. Meaning it does not work "on the fly" with Skyrim SE. It does work to some degree but not totally bug free. It does even less with Skyrim AE "on the fly" as that has some changes as well.

Issue #2

The mod conflicts have been established roughly 7 years ago. There may be others that would have made the list 6.5 years ago ...

Issue #3

Skyrim starts quests via papyrus script engine. If you have pretty much overloaded that system by for instance having 4 different sex starter mods scanning the surroundings alongside frostfall or other big papyrus heavy mods handing out modded quest may either be delayed or canceled.

Issue #4

If Thaena was selected by one of these mods in the brief period between dialogue end and giving the quest for an action (keep in mind it may be shown delayed) character control usually is stripped. The dog is a prime suspect for that as he usually is near her.

As @monty359 said reverting to an earlier save and trying again is the most common possible solution. Skyrim makes an autosave upon changing cells i.e. upon entering the mansion in this case.

If you haven't already I'd advise upon adding one of the papyrus script extender mods available on the nexus.

Edited by JesusKreist
21 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Issue #1

The mod is pretty outdated and for Oldrim. Meaning it does not work "on the fly" with Skyrim SE. It does work to some degree but not totally bug free. It does even less with Skyrim AE "on the fly" as that has some changes as well.

Issue #2

The mod conflicts have been established roughly 7 years ago. There may be others that would have made the list 6.5 years ago ...

Issue #3

Skyrim starts quests via papyrus script engine. If you have pretty much overloaded that system by for instance having 4 different sex starter mods scanning the surroundings alongside frostfall or other big papyrus heavy mods handing out modded quest may either be delayed or canceled.

Issue #4

If Thaena was selected by one of these mods in the brief period between dialogue end and giving the quest for an action (keep in mind it may be shown delayed) character control usually is stripped. The dog is a prime suspect for that as he usually is near her.

As @monty359 said reverting to an earlier save and trying again is the most common possible solution. Skyrim makes an autosave upon changing cells i.e. upon entering the mansion in this case.

If you haven't already I'd advise upon adding one of the papyrus script extender mods available on the nexus.

Thanks for the reply. I have LE, and I have powerofthree's script extender. It may still be that my papyrus is overloaded, but does that only affect this mod? Other quests seem to start fine. 
And what are the mod conflicts? I can't even find any when I search "conflict" in this topic.

Also tried reloading from cell entry many many times and it still won't get it to save.

2 hours ago, Caravan Enforcer said:

Thanks for the reply. I have LE, and I have powerofthree's script extender. It may still be that my papyrus is overloaded, but does that only affect this mod? Other quests seem to start fine. 
And what are the mod conflicts? I can't even find any when I search "conflict" in this topic.

Also tried reloading from cell entry many many times and it still won't get it to save.

On 8/18/2015 at 12:04 AM, mybrainhurts said:

View File

Mod Conflicts
If you use Expanded Towns and Cities (ETaC), make sure you have this mod above ETaC in your load order.

You cannot use this mod and Animal Mansion Redux at the same time.

I am happy to report that the current version of SexLab Dialogues does not conflict with AMP. Previous versions of Dialogues tended to block dialogue with Thaena. So if you are using a previous version of Dialogues, update it!

Seems to be a small mod conflict section?

Because it is.

Quests from the official game do not lag behind by any stretch of the imagination.

Because "official" quests get pretty much preferential status in papyrus.

If you are running a script extender it is ... not totally impossible to max it out again. But it is a hard thing to accomplish. Almost worthy of a new official achievement ...

As said it is possible you have a conflicting mod somewhere (maybe only a "dirty" texture replacer) or a sex initiating mod is calling upon thaena being the ... victim. Sex scans from various mods are usually not paused when the player is in a dialogue, meaning the initiator may have selected thaena while you were talking.

The last one should™ not happen, but relatively rarely it does.

Don't forget you have a dog in the vicinity that almost constantly is horny. Especially if you yourself are ... not fully covered.

15 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Seems to be a small mod conflict section?

Because it is.

Quests from the official game do not lag behind by any stretch of the imagination.

Because "official" quests get pretty much preferential status in papyrus.

If you are running a script extender it is ... not totally impossible to max it out again. But it is a hard thing to accomplish. Almost worthy of a new official achievement ...

As said it is possible you have a conflicting mod somewhere (maybe only a "dirty" texture replacer) or a sex initiating mod is calling upon thaena being the ... victim. Sex scans from various mods are usually not paused when the player is in a dialogue, meaning the initiator may have selected thaena while you were talking.

The last one should™ not happen, but relatively rarely it does.

Don't forget you have a dog in the vicinity that almost constantly is horny. Especially if you yourself are ... not fully covered.

Yeah my Aroused Creatures is off so that last point shouldn't matter ?

I meant other mod quests don't seem to have any issues. 
And say my papyrus was maxed out, can I stack extenders, or should I just replace the one I have with a better one? (I assume the latter)

There aren't any sex scanning mods that should be selecting Thaena, as I have most of them turned off. I'm guessing it's a mod conflict that wasn't written down, but I am going to be spending days to figure that out T.T

7 hours ago, Caravan Enforcer said:

And say my papyrus was maxed out, can I stack extenders, or should I just replace the one I have with a better one? (I assume the latter)

No.

The thing is there technically are no "worse" and "better" versions of script extenders.

You can neither change to better ones nor can you stack them.

There are a couple of them out there but they all sport minor differences at best.

Only the last one loaded takes effect.

As mentioned above it is theoretically possible to exceed the papyrus with a script extender involved.

But that is a theoretical possibility and you'd need almost every script heavy mod available for Skyrim active at the same time to accomplish that feat.

On a whole, not from loverslab only.

If you were to have maxed out the papyrus while using a script extender the only two possible options are to clean the mods with a program (name eludes me right now) or to reduce the number of mods used.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What’s meant to happen at stage 140?  Jesper said he was off somewhere and would back with a surprise. Did some quests after but there appears to be no further progress? Where is he? What’s meant to happen next?

Edit:  Looking at console commands there seems to be dialogue with Paarthurnax.  I'm guessing I'm not progressing cause I don't have dragons in my game?

Edited by DashMeUp
Added extra information