Mod Organizer and "mod sets"?

OneWhoSpeaks

Have you got administrator rights or not? Try launching MO as "run as administrator" at least once. And SKSE is set as an executable in MO, correct? FNIS, SKSE and other things (like Bodyslide) need to be launched as MO executables.

If an old save is not working try a new one. Also, when you hover over a save (in the right pane of MO) it will warn you which files are missing for that save.

Have you got administrator rights or not? Try launching MO as "run as administrator" at least once. And SKSE is set as an executable in MO, correct? FNIS, SKSE and other things (like Bodyslide) need to be launched as MO executables.

If an old save is not working try a new one. Also, when you hover over a save (in the right pane of MO) it will warn you which files are missing for that save.

I already fixed all the missing .esp's in the saves tab, and added SKSE as an MO executable. This is exactly what causes the error, as it says (and I quote) "failed to spawn "ModOrganizer": failed to start process (Access is denied. [5])".

I tried launching it through the "Skyrim" executable and start a new game, but all I got were a bunch of error messages about not using SKSE, then it crashed before I could finish reading them.

*Edit: What's the binary path supposed to look like for the SKSE launcher? Because after looking at the one that was already there, it leads to the MO folder that's in my skyrim directory....is that right?

Neither the guide nor fixing the binary path of the SKSE launcher succeeded in fixing the CTD. However, when I attempt to start a new game, it tells me that there is some sort of "version mismatch" between RaceMenu and SKSE, where it expected "47" but found "48". Any clue what this means and how to fix it?

Dumb Question Time! 

Is it possible to keep my old saves while creating a clean install (I know that goes against the whole clean thing)? I really, REALLY don't want to just throw away all the countless hours I've spent *cough*wasted*cough* playing this game. And while the mods are nice, I'm using them to enjoy the game itself more, not just to appreciate a bunch of mods (which I still do) before moving on. 

MO can tell you by the save which mods were used during that save, so you can continue that save.

While it will take a lot of time to set it up the first time, there are lots of useful tuorials and guides how to do it. Since I took the time to learn how to use it, I never looked back to NMM or Wrye Bash (well, actually DDaxi is bugged if I install in anything else than Wrye Bash, but whatever). MO can still use the mods installed in other managers.

The only slightly tricky intallations in MO are the SKSE and FNIS and some mods which have FOMOD, but otherwise it is much better than its counterparts.

Install SKSE straight into the Skyrim root folder. Then point MO at the launcher there. Remember, MO is a data folder and SKSE doesn't go in the data folder ever.

Tried this, doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Good to know though. See my other comment about the version mismatch.

For SKSE: Here's a step-by-step installation guide in relation w/ MO

For ENB: I'd recommend to use a spearate ENB Manager. Here is one, another and a third.

Same thing, didn't fix the crashing but good to know anyways. I wrote another comment a bit earlier, take a look at that one.

If it's a mismatch just get the newest of each (RaceMenu and SKSE). Which versions of those are you using?

That's what I thought too, but I'm using SKSE v1.7.3 and RaceMenu v3.2.2. Not sure why the error is popping up when I have the most updated versions of both. Unless I'm missing an update?

Are all the rest of your mods (skeleton, HDT, etc.) the newest versions, too? Because the new RM has a LOT of addons from other mods, like skeleton extensions, body morphs, all kinds of stuff. So that could also be an issue because RM is looking for something not there or not compatible?

Are all the rest of your mods (skeleton, HDT, etc.) the newest versions, too? Because the new RM has a LOT of addons from other mods, like skeleton extensions, body morphs, all kinds of stuff. So that could also be an issue because RM is looking for something not there or not compatible?

Ok, so I went through and updated as many of my mods as possible (some didn't actually need updating), but now my saves tab says I'm missing the RaceMenu XPMSE Plugin.esp. Is that a part of RM or a part of SKSE, so I can find it again?

Dumb Question Time! 

Is it possible to keep my old saves while creating a clean install (I know that goes against the whole clean thing)? I really, REALLY don't want to just throw away all the countless hours I've spent *cough*wasted*cough* playing this game. And while the mods are nice, I'm using them to enjoy the game itself more, not just to appreciate a bunch of mods (which I still do) before moving on. 

I wouldn't do the mod import thing. It's been pretty buggy.

Start with a clean Skyrim install.

Before wiping and reinstalling (I call it re-Steaming :lol:), go to documents/my games/Skyrim and take all your saves and move them to your desktop or somewhere else for safe keeping. You can install them into Mod Organizer/profiles/saves later on (so you CAN keep them).

You should be able to go into games/NMM and find your mod archive folder. If you pull that folder out intact and set it aside, like you did your saves, you can use those archives to install into Mod Organizer. Won't take too long that way (quicker than downloading them all again) and less chance to get bugged out like the import feature may do.

I would STRONGLY suggest going to YouTube and watching Gopher's vids on using Mod Organizer. It will pay off in the end. He'll show you how to use executables (like BodySlide) and everything.

The above is correct. Save your "saves" off and the "mod archive" when you set up mo you should be able to move the archives from the NMM mod archive into the Mod Organizer/Downloads folder and when you open up Mod organizer you will find all those mod archives you had installed in NMM. No need to re-download them as the crusty gamer stated :P. I am not sure but believe you can then use the saves and find the missing mods and repair the saves back to what you had with NMM and it would be as if you hadn't even left NMM except you would be in a more powerful and flexible mod manager.

In my sig is some links to STEPs where Mod Organizer is supported. There is also a unofficial thread here for support which most of the individuals above watch closely. Most issues you would come across would be covered on that thread on a regular basis :P

Dumb Question Time! 

I wouldn't do the mod import thing. It's been pretty buggy.

Start with a clean Skyrim install.

Before wiping and reinstalling (I call it re-Steaming :lol:), go to documents/my games/Skyrim and take all your saves and move them to your desktop or somewhere else for safe keeping. You can install them into Mod Organizer/profiles/saves later on (so you CAN keep them).

You should be able to go into games/NMM and find your mod archive folder. If you pull that folder out intact and set it aside, like you did your saves, you can use those archives to install into Mod Organizer. Won't take too long that way (quicker than downloading them all again) and less chance to get bugged out like the import feature may do.

I would STRONGLY suggest going to YouTube and watching Gopher's vids on using Mod Organizer. It will pay off in the end. He'll show you how to use executables (like BodySlide) and everything.

The above is correct. Save your "saves" off and the "mod archive" when you set up mo you should be able to move the archives from the NMM mod archive into the Mod Organizer/Downloads folder and when you open up Mod organizer you will find all those mod archives you had installed in NMM. No need to re-download them as the crusty gamer stated :P. I am not sure but believe you can then use the saves and find the missing mods and repair the saves back to what you had with NMM and it would be as if you hadn't even left NMM except you would be in a more powerful and flexible mod manager.

In my sig is some links to STEPs where Mod Organizer is supported. There is also a unofficial thread here for support which most of the individuals above watch closely. Most issues you would come across would be covered on that thread on a regular basis :P

Thanks for the reply, however I've since solved the whole keeping saves thing. Now I'm getting CTD issues that I cannot find the cause of. See the other stuff I've been posting if you're wondering what's happened so far.

So it's crashing on the old saves only, or also with a new game? You've run LOOT and allowed MO to fix any possible mod conflicts in the left pane? Are you trying to load the old .SKSE saves or the .ess saves (NMM and manually installing gives both kinds and MO only uses the .ess files)?

So it's crashing on the old saves only, or also with a new game? You've run LOOT and allowed MO to fix any possible mod conflicts in the left pane? Are you trying to load the old .SKSE saves or the .ess saves (NMM and manually installing gives both kinds and MO only uses the .ess files)?

It crashes on both old saves and new games, although the version mismatch error seems to have disappeared. I have run LOOT to fix load order. I can only assume that I'm loading in the current .ess saves (I just hit continue...), but if there's something special I have to do then I'm missing it. Every time I attempt to load it it gives me an error message about missing the RM XPMSE plugin but like you said, I'm ignoring that. As for the mod conflicts, there are quite a few mods that overwrite others or are overwritten, but I didn't think that would be an issue. Is it?

I've noticed that every time I exit the game, a folder labeled "skse" appears in the Overwrite "mod". Is this something I need to worry about/fix?

The SKSE folder in overwrites may be the problem or a symptom. What's in that folder anyway? You can open it and expand its file tree. Some SKSE plugin must be continually writing new info in there. Normally you get RM data in there (presets) and that sort of thing. You're running a mod that is writing new stuff all the time.

The SKSE folder in overwrites may be the problem or a symptom. What's in that folder anyway? You can open it and expand its file tree. Some SKSE plugin must be continually writing new info in there. Normally you get RM data in there (presets) and that sort of thing. You're running a mod that is writing new stuff all the time.

The only thing that shows up in the skse folder is a .log file called "hdtHighHeelNative". This is obviously a part of the HDT Highheels mod that I have installed, but I've never had any kind of problems with it before. Should I try disabling it and starting up the game without it?

Files in "Override" are not a bad thing. If something edits a file that exists inside of a mod it will (in most cases) edit it. If it is writing a new file (log file arent part of mod download) it will be put in Override. You can copy logs to the mod they belong.

I have never any problems, but some recommend sorting your Override to the mods. It gets treated the same as a installed mod anyways, just loaded last.

"Override is bad" is wrong.

I'd try starting a game without it (and maybe disabling any shoes that use it or you'll CTD for sure). It seems it's broken and that's the most likely cause of your crashes.

I'll try disabling it and see how that goes. Also, shoes?

Files in "Override" are not a bad thing. If something edits a file that exists inside of a mod it will (in most cases) edit it. If it is writing a new file (log file arent part of mod download) it will be put in Override. You can copy logs to the mod they belong.

I have never any problems, but some recommend sorting your Override to the mods. It gets treated the same as a installed mod anyways, just loaded last.

"Override is bad" is wrong.

I never really meant to say that Overwrite having file was necessarily "bad", it's just that I hadn't seen anything about it or files being written into it in any of the MO tutorials I had found, so it kinda freaked me out because I had no idea what it meant. And by sorting, do you just mean dragging the files from Overwrite into their respective mods?

When I make a new profile I run everything I need to run (like FNIS, RaceMenu and BS, for example) and let them land in the overwrite folder. Then, when all that stuff is done, I will make the overwrite folder into a pseudo mod called "<name of profile> overwrites" and then activate it at the bottom of the left pane. Any time I may rerun one of those applications/mods and new stuff is added to overwrite I drag and drop them into the pseudo mod I created.

Yes, if you remove HDT HH you also need to remove the shoes or you'll crash. It's just to see if that is the source of your problems. It seems like your HDT HH is broken so the shoes are crashing the game. If not we'll have to look elsewhere.

When I make a new profile I run everything I need to run (like FNIS, RaceMenu and BS, for example) and let them land in the overwrite folder. Then, when all that stuff is done, I will make the overwrite folder into a pseudo mod called "<name of profile> overwrites" and then activate it at the bottom of the left pane. Any time I may rerun one of those applications/mods and new stuff is added to overwrite I drag and drop them into the pseudo mod I created.

Yes, if you remove HDT HH you also need to remove the shoes or you'll crash. It's just to see if that is the source of your problems. It seems like your HDT HH is broken so the shoes are crashing the game. If not we'll have to look elsewhere.

Gonna be honest here, had a full retard moment. I for some reason thought that you were referring to shoes as some sort of mod extension or file, not actual shoes, which are affected by the mod XD

Seriously though, I'll work on it when I can. School just started so that might be tomorrow or next week. Here's hoping I can get this fixed soon.

Edit: Will I have to actually hunt down the mods with shoes that rely on HDT HH or can I just load it up after disabling said mod (since my character is currently naked, don't remember why but hey, whatever)?

Gonna be honest here, had a full retard moment. I for some reason thought that you were referring to shoes as some sort of mod extension or file, not actual shoes, which are affected by the mod XD

Seriously though, I'll work on it when I can. School just started so that might be tomorrow or next week. Here's hoping I can get this fixed soon.

Edit: Will I have to actually hunt down the mods with shoes that rely on HDT HH or can I just load it up after disabling said mod (since my character is currently naked, don't remember why but hey, whatever)?

You will have to disable any mod that relies on HDT HH but MO makes finding them easy since if you look at the plugins list there will be a warning on every plugin that is missing a master and if you hover your mouse over a pluging MO tells you which mod its from after that its just a matter of using the search bar to find and disable the mods in question.

Archived