Can't start the quest, Gideon isn't on the stool and I can't say anything to him.

The new update I'm still working on requires sitting on the stool. Current version 2.1 is still walk up and talk to him.

(It's also really buggy 2.1 - many people have had issues initiating dialogue with Gideon. Try either with a new Dova, or saving > Back to main menu > reloading game from save.)

Can't start the quest, Gideon isn't on the stool and I can't say anything to him.

The new update I'm still working on requires sitting on the stool. Current version 2.1 is still walk up and talk to him.

(It's also really buggy 2.1 - many people have had issues initiating dialogue with Gideon. Try either with a new Dova, or saving > Back to main menu > reloading game from save.)

This may be the problem if someone tries to use a mod manager to install it. SlaversGuild.SEQ gets thrown into skyrim's Data folder instead of getting thrown into SEQ folder where it belongs.

P.S. I'm also having problems with the mining quest kicking in even with the console commands :P

This may be the problem if someone tries to use a mod manager to install it. SlaversGuild.SEQ gets thrown into skyrim's Data folder instead of getting thrown into SEQ folder where it belongs.

P.S. I'm also having problems with the mining quest kicking in even with the console commands :P

That would do it. Good eye, Tuck.

when I talk to the master to get a quest the mine quest doesn't activate so I do the arena quest and after killing a skeever, wolf, some slaves and a draugr nothing happens. help please?

I have the exactly same problem, cant start the mine quest

edit: Nevermind I used the "setstage SGMineQuest 0" command to start the quest

My new problem is that after completing the mine quest the master tells that more content will come in next update, well i wanted to get out of the prison so i used "coc whiterun" command, but now i have none of my gear and i cant sprint.

I'd appriciate help :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Could be me overlooking something obvious, but the quests can't really progress when I get a gag equipped. My workaround is to just drop it from the inventory, but maybe exclude gags from the item list or something. Anyways, just a small thing.

In all fairness, my load order looks like the battles of Normandy and Gettysburg had an ugly lovechild, so there may be something interfering. Other than that, nothing major. I like it.

Could be me overlooking something obvious, but the quests can't really progress when I get a gag equipped. My workaround is to just drop it from the inventory, but maybe exclude gags from the item list or something. Anyways, just a small thing.

In all fairness, my load order looks like the battles of Normandy and Gettysburg had an ugly lovechild, so there may be something interfering. Other than that, nothing major. I like it.

No you're right, the quest ignores what DD items you're wearing, and it can interfere with the quest because of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nope, busy as hell. It's on my menu still, as is alot of other RL things. RL comes first matey.

That and I hit a stumbling block on the Re-edit... I have two scripted parts that I need to magically tie together which has proven to be more a nightmare than anticipated then tie the actual kidnapping to the end of the scripted events... So time will tell if I can get away from RL and discover the magical secret to fusing two mini-quests together splunge!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for picking this up. I always thought this had potential.  Hopefully the Author of Simple Slavery will link this in.

There's a link now?

I mean, part two, once you get captured, always seemed like the writing was generic enough to be an entrance, but I never bothered with it myself because I thought it was a dead mod.

Good to see it updated.

BTW, download says 2.1, but the download page says 2.0, and no 2.1 changelog yet.

I got over excited, appologies.

Well, in the yet unreleased rebuild. There are two sub-quests. Sub1 kicks off, and plays out without a hitch. However Sub2 can start even if Sub1 hasn't been done yet. So I have to figure out a way to disable Sub2 until Sub1 is completed. Then once those two are tied together, Sub 2 needs to have a bit of tinkering done to it so the player goes to take a nap as the NPC advises then wakes up, naturally, enslaved.

So as noobzilla as it sounds, and given I am still a noobzilla, tying the two sub quests together has been my hurdle. YouTube is the land of fail and I have yet to find a tutorial with the information I require to get the first part all tied together cleanly.

In creation kit, open the quest from the object view, there is a box called "Quest Dialogue conditions" which I thought was conditions in general, but I'm not sure now since they are called dialogue conditions. If they were quest conditions for the quest to start that would allow you to prevent the second from starting until the first if finished or has started, depending on what you need.

Edit: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4056-skyrim-your-first-quest/ would suggest I am right, that those conditions lock if the quest is active, which would do the same thing you need right?

Edit2: Oh there are conditions for the stages too? Maybe you could just add a condition to the first stage to stop it from starting

So what happens if you take the first stage of the second quest and use a "GetQuestCompleted"  :: firstQuest == 1 to it?

• 4 weeks later...

Just played your remix, and what i saw was splendid!

A few things here: 1.I found your poison, but used it on the wrong guy(Ash) doing the murder mystery(because i didnt find it obvious that it was the orc). 2, I did have the bug where, the mine quest didnt start(did the console thingie to trigger it). 3. the Orc lied to me! after the Arena! he didnt fuck my char as he said he would(minor bug(?) nothing big.

Are you thinking about making the player being sold after a looooong slave experience?

Thank you for a test run. Still hammering away when time permits... trying to. The mine is a wee bit buggy, as it stands console is your friend. Part 3 the post arena rape isn't coded in. Not a bug, just a missing feature. Future plans after the slave expirence... I would like to make it branching, either take over the town, or fight to freedom.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As some other people pointed out, i approach Gideon in the bannered mare but he gives me no dialogue that can possibly begin the quest.

I have not had issue with this personally. However my test runs have been with fresh new toons. I'll peek into the code for a fix, time permitting.

I removed eager npcs for now. quest woks just fine now.

how do you removed eager npcs ? 

As some other people pointed out, i approach Gideon in the bannered mare but he gives me no dialogue that can possibly begin the quest.

I have not had issue with this personally. However my test runs have been with fresh new toons. I'll peek into the code for a fix, time permitting.

I removed eager npcs for now. quest woks just fine now.

how do you removed eager npcs ? 

You don't even have to uninstall it, just disable the mod in MCM page. Save and then reload in the Inn and you are good to go.