[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

Sorry timmy I didn't saw your post yesterday D: (you know... with all the drama in the SS thread?).
It's really great to see that you are still making great progress with your tools, and contributing to this "not so popular" modding scene. Our work with the first Honoka topless, on the beginning of doa modding for PC is a perfect example of how different are the things now. I still remember that the only available tools back then were the 3ds max scripts for xbox 360, the only tool available on that time, wich allowed me to create the bikini-nipples for Honoka topless :D
It would have been impossible to port that model to PC without your help, when you were developing an early version of your current obj converter. Anyway, now the tools available are way more easy and user friendly, and your new tool is a perfect example. That ultimate tool, is the result of many hours of dedication on your part, you should be proud of it, my T.B. friend!

Now go to play some tomb raider!, I know you are feeling sick of modding now, lol, I'm feeling the same sometimes... most of time if I'm honest, but you know... this "doa modding curse" will always bring us back, like it or not.

(T.B. : Timmy bastard)

Thanks guys for the support! It's this kind of support from the community that keeps modders going. I really appreciate it.

I got a few reports on the smoothness setting and how it can be confusing. I think I have been looking at this setting from a creator's point of view and probably should give a bit more explanations as to how it works.

Note on Smoothness:
Regular smoothness mode:
- The default 30 smoothness is what I consider the "most optimal" outcome - a fast approximation transformation. It typically yields good result for most transformations.
- For transformation between two very differently shaped ladies (ie. Anyone to Marie), if you would like to retain more Marie shape, please try a lower Smoothness value. The lower the Smoothness, the more resemblance to the "From" character the final outcome will bear, and vice versa. So if you use higher smoothness value for, say Ayane to Marie transformation, Marie's breasts will appear a bit fuller (which can be a bonus to some :bush:)
- Higher Smoothnes does not always mean it is better, but it does help smooth out the rough edges. I encourage you to try many different values and see what you like best.
More detailed explanation can be found here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-022816-transformer-v024c-converter-v042-updated-giftwrap-set-for-nyohelena/?p=1466416

Adaptive smoothness mode:
This mode has been added in an attempt to address the deformation problem when transforming between two very differently shaped ladies (eg. Ayane to Marie). Since the tool attempts to conform to the "target" shape as faithfully as possible, there might be deformations and some other whackiness when transforming from, for instance Ayane, to Marie. In these cases, I recommend using regular mode and see if you like the result, or adjust the adaptive smoothness upward or downward a bit at a time and see how it turns out. As with regular smoothness mode, I encourage you to try many different values and see what you like best.

If you have any suggestions as to what should be added to make this less confusing. Please let me know.

It appears that there are still frequent bug fix updates to that other tool on the other side of the pond.  Not sure where they find all these bugs to fix - I am a bit jealous. (Not really, lol, I am glad that I don't have to be fixing bugs now that I am a bit burned out from DOA5 modding :D)  I guess this is not as easy as ABC eh?  I tried a few today after reading some comments and the transformation all seems to go well.

The regular mode I think is the best for pretty much any transformation. It adjusts the proportion of the entire model to approximate the form of the "target" model with high efficiency. Adaptive is good for when you want to keep, say, Honoka's large pair or Marie's petite boobs and can deal with some slight deformations, otherwise, I recommend using default mode which appears to be the most problem free.

Awesome work here. I tried transferring the Venus to Marie using the transformer tool but ran into a couple problems, maybe someone can help out?

post-794841-0-27474400-1457155899_thumb.jpg

There's a neck seam. I saw a guide by bbb where he used various programs to fix this, just wanted to know if there was a simpler method since I'm not familiar with Blender

post-794841-0-45372900-1457155900_thumb.jpg

From far away the head seems to match the body, but the textures on the Venus are missing...

Awesome work here. I tried transferring the Venus to Marie using the transformer tool but ran into a couple problems, maybe someone can help out?

attachicon.gifmarneck.jpg

There's a neck seam. I saw a guide by bbb where he used various programs to fix this, just wanted to know if there was a simpler method since I'm not familiar with Blender

attachicon.gifmarvenus.jpg

From far away the head seems to match the body, but the textures on the Venus are missing...

She looks fantastic. You did excellent job on her. Thank you.

Neck seam - you will need to set the correct Skin MtrCol using the provided tool by Harry and swap the body texture out for Marie's.  You can look around the forums here for body textures.  It looks to me in the screenshot that the texture you used for her body is not the correct tone.

Missing texture problem - seems to be related to ink reshuffle if that's what you do to put the model in the game assuming you see no issue with the model in Noesis.  In cases like this you might have to just pack a new DLC and try it.

I think these are covered by stuff I include in the tips & tutorial section.  Give it a read and let me know if you still have questions.

Today I bring you another major update to my converter tool in hopes to make the functionalities more complete.   I worked with Harry to gather requirements for his new Pose Fix tool, and this update is partly done to support his new tool since the blender normal vector support for OBJ is a bit shaky.  

Change log
V0.4.3
- Fixed transformed object import issues where they would not be in their correct positions
- Added support to export and import the entire TMC as one object

The UI has been rearranged again into logical groups

post-781013-0-37126800-1457238919_thumb.png

You will find that the TMC<->OBJ related controls are grouped together now as these are used when an OBJ file has been loaded.   The controls can be used to copy from TMC to OBJ or OBJ to TMC.

The new feature is the ability to export the entire TMC as one object (which has been implemented by Harry in his new OBJ tool as well) 

post-781013-0-53665500-1457239023_thumb.png

This is particularly useful for editing complex TMCs such as Hitomi COS005

post-781013-0-48856700-1457239046_thumb.png

After exporting the TMC to OBJ, the OBJ can be loaded in your editing software of choice

post-781013-0-74635100-1457239069_thumb.png

The UV export functionality works for the new "Export as a single OBJ" functinoality as well, although not all groups have the same number of UVs, so most likely the UV export will default to UV1 if you are exporting, say, sweat for objects that lack such UV group.  For a bit more control, please try exporting as separate OBJ to edit specific UV groups.   Check "Copy Texture Coordinates" while selecting the correct group allows you to import changes to UV back into TMC.

post-781013-0-21945900-1457239126_thumb.png

Here I have made a small change to one of the balls on her hat, and export the OBJ

post-781013-0-99232900-1457239150_thumb.png

Follow the steps below to import the OBJ into TMC

post-781013-0-96630800-1457239178_thumb.png

The tool should automatically detect that you are importing OBJ for the entire TMC and select the correct "All Groups(Single OBJ)" option for you in the TMC Mesh Group drop down list.

Once import is complete, the change is reflected in the model

post-781013-0-91380300-1457239249_thumb.png

This update also brings a bug fix to the edit of transformed objects.  For instance, the bell on Nyotengu's XmasInJuly had issues with the old version

post-781013-0-41041000-1457239289_thumb.png

Ah yes, that's what I wanted to do with her bell when I updated the outfit, but I gave up after running into issues.  Now I think I should complete it the way I wanted :bush:

The tool can also be used with Blender, but the following import/export settings must be used. Keep vertex order, in particular, is important.   I can't seem to figure out a way to keep vertex normals during OBJ import into Blender, but my Blender skillz are very lacking :D

post-781013-0-77314800-1457239430_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-86804200-1457239429_thumb.png

One of the issues with Blender is that once exported/imported, the normal vectors seem messed up

post-781013-0-89706200-1457239452_thumb.png

Worry not!  The built-in TMC Post Processing controls can help fix these issues!  This group can now be used for "All Group(Single OBJ)" as well which lets the tool perform any of the selected TMC Post Processing controls on the entire TMC.   *This group of controls can be used without loading any OBJ files.  They can be used individually and independent of any OBJ functionalities to fix normal vector related issues in TMCs.

post-781013-0-61390300-1457239516_thumb.png

Now the normal vectors are completely repaired. 

Alternatively, you can choose to just use "smooth seam" with (or maybe without if you have no issue with neck seam) neck repair.

post-781013-0-44855900-1457240947_thumb.png

Or, simply import vertex positions only and leave all others unchecked - this works fine if you are not making any drastic changes to the shape of your model as all the normal vectors in TMC are kept as is.    

post-781013-0-59401000-1457243061_thumb.png

Let's check it out in game - this is the result of recompute normal vectors, seam smoothing and neck vertices correction:

post-781013-0-50170000-1457239542_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-74383300-1457239543_thumb.jpg

No neck seam and butt crack is perfectly preserved.

Note: If you are making big breasted models or preggo mods, for instance, you will want to correct the normal vectors using one of the above methods when editing in Blender, or just use "copy normal vectors" when editing in 3ds max without the need to use any of the post processing normal repair methods since it can import normal vectors from OBJ and update normal vectors in real time as the model is being edited and export all the changes to OBJ. 

Please note that any changes to mesh shape requires normal vector recomputation otherwise the lighting is incorrect.   One can usually get by without updating normal vectors and the incorrect normals can be hard to detect, but mods such as preggo and HLOD require normal vectors to be updated.

Update 03/14/16

If you know that your model has the correct neck vertices, there is no need to use "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices for.." post processing functionality anymore.   Just use recompute normal vectors and seam smoothing if you want to update normal vectors.  If there's still neck seam, you can use "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices for.." post processing functionality to attempt to repair it.

However, when importing OBJ from Blender, I believe you still need to use all three post processing functionalities since it does not seem to be able to import normal vectors from OBJ files.

For more information, please see http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-031416-converter-v045-transformer-v024c-updated-lod-test-pack/?p=1498314

If you don't need to edit the models via OBJ, these post processing functionalities can still be used after you do your thing with Mr. Doutoku's polygon tool suite with the TMC, and then load up the TMC in my converter to fix up the normal vectors that can be a bit of a pain to do in Blender (based on my very limited experience).  You can also get rid of those ugly seams that can result from editing models in Blender without having to delete duplicate vertices which helps to preserve a great looking butt crack with relative ease.

There you have it!  Yet another update to my converter tool that probably only a small handful of people are still using, lol :D

Other useful DOA5 modding tools can be found in this post http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-031816-converter-v046-transformer-v026-updated-tutorial-texture-pack/?p=1505562

Updated tool can be found here http://www.loverslab...1015/?p=1346825

Neck seam - you will need to set the correct Skin MtrCol using the provided tool by Harry and swap the body texture out for Marie's.  You can look around the forums here for body textures.  It looks to me in the screenshot that the texture you used for her body is not the correct tone.

Missing texture problem - seems to be related to ink reshuffle if that's what you do to put the model in the game assuming you see no issue with the model in Noesis.  In cases like this you might have to just pack a new DLC and try it.

I think these are covered by stuff I include in the tips & tutorial section.  Give it a read and let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks, problems solved :) Turns out I didn't replace the skin textures with Texture Tool (I assumed that's what what Skin MtrCol did). And the Venus problem went away when I swapped it with a different costume. For some reason certain costumes can't be swapped properly.

post-794841-0-88927400-1457252440_thumb.jpg

I feel like I'm totally spamming you by commenting both on here and the other forum, but at the same time, I feel that I have a moral duty to spread the admiration and gratitude you deserve at every opportunity!

Thanks again for putting so much work into this project Timmy. I might not be able to utilise some of the more complex stuff, but I can appreciate the effort and skill that's gone into it. Incredible work.

I feel like I'm totally spamming you by commenting both on here and the other forum, but at the same time, I feel that I have a moral duty to spread the admiration and gratitude you deserve at every opportunity!

Thanks again for putting so much work into this project Timmy. I might not be able to utilise some of the more complex stuff, but I can appreciate the effort and skill that's gone into it. Incredible work.

Agree with what is said here 100%

.... and riizch - I :heart:  your avatar. :)

Today I bring you another major update to my converter tool in hopes to make the functionalities more complete.   I worked with Harry to gather requirements for his new Pose Fix tool, and this update is partly done to support his new tool since the blender normal vector support for OBJ is a bit shaky.  

Change log

V0.4.3

- Fixed transformed object import issues where they would not be in their correct positions

- Added support to export and import the entire TMC as one object

The UI has been rearranged again into logical groups

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_01.png

You will find that the TMC<->OBJ related controls are grouped together now as these are used when an OBJ file has been loaded.   The controls can be used to copy from TMC to OBJ or OBJ to TMC.

The new feature is the ability to export the entire TMC as one object (which has been implemented by Harry in his new OBJ tool as well) 

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_02.png

This is particularly useful for editing complex TMCs such as Hitomi COS005

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_03.png

After exporting the TMC to OBJ, the OBJ can be loaded in your editing software of choice

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_04.png

The UV export functionality works for the new "Export as a single OBJ" functinoality as well, although not all groups have the same number of UVs, so most likely the UV export will default to UV1 if you are exporting, say, sweat for objects that lack such UV group.  For a bit more control, please try exporting as separate OBJ to edit specific UV groups.   Check "Copy Texture Coordinates" while selecting the correct group allows you to import changes to UV back into TMC.

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_05.png

Here I have made a small change to one of the balls on her hat, and export the OBJ

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_06.png

Follow the steps below to import the OBJ into TMC

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_07.png

The tool should automatically detect that you are importing OBJ for the entire TMC and select the correct "All Groups(Single OBJ)" option for you in the TMC Mesh Group drop down list.

Once import is complete, the change is reflected in the model

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_08.png

This update also brings a bug fix to the edit of transformed objects.  For instance, the bell on Nyotengu's XmasInJuly had issues with the old version

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_09.png

Ah yes, that's what I wanted to do with her bell when I updated the outfit, but I gave up after running into issues.  Now I think I should complete it the way I wanted :bush:

The tool can also be used with Blender, but the following import/export settings must be used. Keep vertex order, in particular, is important.   I can't seem to figure out a way to keep vertex normals during OBJ import into Blender, but my Blender skillz are very lacking :D

attachicon.gifOBJ_IMPORT_SETTINGS_BLENDER.pngattachicon.gifOBJ_EXPORT_SETTINGS_BLENDER.png

One of the issues with Blender is that once exported/imported, the normal vectors seem messed up

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_10.png

Worry not!  The built-in TMC Post Processing controls can help fix these issues!  This group can now be used for "All Group(Single OBJ)" as well which lets the tool perform any of the selected TMC Post Processing controls on the entire TMC.   *This group of controls can be used without loading any OBJ files.  They can be used individually and independent of any OBJ functionalities to fix normal vector related issues in TMCs.

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_11.png

Now the normal vectors are completely repaired. 

Alternatively, you can choose to just use "smooth seam" with (or maybe without if you have no issue with neck seam) neck repair.

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_12.png

Or, simply import vertex positions only and leave all others unchecked - this works fine if you are not making any drastic changes to the shape of your model as all the normal vectors in TMC are kept as is.     If you are making big breasted models or preggo mods, for instance, you will want to correct the normal vectors using one of the above methods.

attachicon.giftimmy_converter_v0_4_3_13.png

Let's check it out in game - this is the result of recompute normal vectors, seam smoothing and neck vertices correction:

attachicon.gif2016-03-05 20-10-40.jpgattachicon.gif2016-03-05 20-10-58.jpg

No neck seam and butt crack is perfectly preserved.

There you have it!  Yet another update to my converter tool that probably only a small handful of people are still using, lol :D

Updated tool can be found here http://www.loverslab...1015/?p=1346825

Will the update fix the issue I mentioned? When I converted the Kasumi schoolgirl mod to Momiji, Momiji once wet, well the shhinny effects spreads all over showing a neck seam.

Will the update fix the issue I mentioned? When I converted the Kasumi schoolgirl mod to Momiji, Momiji once wet, well the shhinny effects spreads all over showing a neck seam.

This sounds more like a texture related issue than the vertex/model problem

That's all I ever wanted.  Thanks for your continued support.    I hope with some of the convenience features I added in the latest build, it will make people's life slightly easier :D  Please let me know if you have questions in regards to any of the features.   I don't expect the converter tool to be widely adopted since there are other, arguably, easier ways to edit models now.

Added a bit more clarifications to the new converter update post.  Please let me know if there's anything else I should add to make it less confusing.

Note: If you are making big breasted models or preggo mods, for instance, you will want to correct the normal vectors using one of the above methods when editing in Blender, or just use "copy normal vectors" when editing in 3ds max without the need to use any of the post processing normal repair methods since it can import normal vectors from OBJ and update normal vectors in real time as the model is being edited and export all the changes to OBJ.

Now that my tools are all up to date.  I've got some time to run brief tests of the custom LOD ref pack that I put together a few days ago.

This is a custom "Expansion" pack for my Character Transformer.  It expands the capabilities of the tool to morph ladies shape to their larger and arguably better(?) selves :D  I made all these models based on Saaf and I's original Honoka nude mesh using my tool's "special feature," so Honoka is absent in this pack (since her breasts are the reference :bush:).   SaafRats the MoP has promised an HLOD pack which will most likely be integrated into the tool some time in the near future.

I hope most of you who frequent this board are familiar with my Transformer tool by now.  It's an easy to use tool that allows you to basically transfer costumes from one character to another.   There is only one value that controls the outcome of the transformation.   This is a design choice I made to make the tool as simple to use as possible, so people don't have to deal with multiple confusing controls with very cryptic names for  potentially thousands of possible transformation combinations (some people already get confused with my 1 number control system :D).   I'd like to think that my transformer is very simple to use and you can be pumping out costumes for your favorite character in no time!  Give it a shot if you have not already :bush:

Okay, sorry for digressing :)  To use this expansion capability of my transformer tool - simply drop the custom LOD files into "UserDefined" folder

post-781013-0-31478700-1457294539_thumb.png

The new LOD models should now show up and be available as both "To" and "From" targets once a TMC file has been loaded.  You don't have to restart the tool.   A note about these custom LOD models is that they can be used to go from regular models to these LOD models.  For instance, you can transform Marie to LOD_Marie since I made the models using the same organization of vertices.

You can create your own models to use as reference as well, but you will most likely be able to just transform between your custom models unless you also follow the vertex organization of the kasumi reference model I provided in the tool's folder.      However, with this capability, you can easily create a whole set of your own reference models and not even have to use the default ones with my converter tool :D (shameless self promotion warning)

I hope this is simple enough to use.   Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, feedback, complains anything at all. 

Here are some examples

Super hot LOD Helena in a night gown

post-781013-0-77706500-1457294756_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-63641000-1457294758_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-87315500-1457294759_thumb.jpg

Pai decided to try something kinky with her new boob job

post-781013-0-24594800-1457294761_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-90206400-1457294762_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-21412900-1457294764_thumb.jpg

Sarah dons a China dress - seems a bit tight in that her breasts almost burst the dress open :bush:

post-781013-0-55344600-1457294765_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-94924900-1457294766_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-19735200-1457294768_thumb.jpg

And of course we must have some shots of the crowd favorite Marie - now with her new boob job she is more confident than ever :bush:

Ass calibur Marie and Super Agent Marie

post-781013-0-26130800-1457294847_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-13374200-1457294849_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-30985000-1457294850_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-40697200-1457294851_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-60478700-1457294852_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-73256300-1457294853_thumb.jpg

The new LOD custom pack can be found here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/148hixizqrc6w3c/Timmy_LOD_TestPack_v3.zip

Check out the original post for the transformer tool here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-012816/?p=1460252

If you run into strange midsection issue after transformation using these LOD models, please refer to http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-030516-transformer-v024c-converter-v043-updated-giftwrap-set-for-nyohelena/?p=1481365 for a solution.

When I use your converter to convert the Helena model you posted to Momiji, the model that's created causes the game to crash when attempting to display the model in the character select screen. The settings I used are pictured here if you'd like to tell me if I've selected anything wrong, and the TMC/TMCL files created are also attached if you'd like to test them yourself. I've made sure the original Helena costume works, but it crashes when I substitute in the created TMC files. Is it just a problem on my end?

post-820024-0-19159800-1457310999_thumb.png

HelenaToMomiji.rar

When I use your converter to convert the Helena model you posted to Momiji, the model that's created causes the game to crash when attempting to display the model in the character select screen. The settings I used are pictured here if you'd like to tell me if I've selected anything wrong, and the TMC/TMCL files created are also attached if you'd like to test them yourself. I've made sure the original Helena costume works, but it crashes when I substitute in the created TMC files. Is it just a problem on my end?

So with the xmas in july gift wrap set, the auto bone and collision transfer can cause issues. 

This is what you can do

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-030616-transformer-v024c-converter-v043-updated-lod-test-pack/?p=1473427

I saw your settings.  The "Auto Bone Transfer" + "Auto Collision Transfer" should be used without using "Skeleton Patcher," or vice versa.  Please do not use both bone injection methods.  If you run into issues like this with auto bone and collision transfer, try it with these unchecked and skeleton patcher which usually solves the issue.

Hey timmyc, what is the latest version of your transform program, and is there a detailed tutorial for it?  Sorry if I missed your tutorial post somewhere.   

As for the tutorial, I have basic one in my tool post and some explanations as to what the smoothness value does.  I think that's pretty much it.  The tool should be relatively simple to use.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

I used the transformer tool to put Marie's school uniform onto Kokoro but one of her fingers is really long. How can I fix that?

If you have long finger problem its most likely bone related.  Do you use auto bone/collision transfer or skeleton patcher?  In cases like this, please just use one bone injection method, not both of them.  

I used the transformer tool to put Marie's school uniform onto Kokoro but one of her fingers is really long. How can I fix that?

If you have long finger problem its most likely bone related.  Do you use auto bone/collision transfer or skeleton patcher?  In cases like this, please just use one bone injection method, but both of them.  

thanks got it working I only set auto bone