Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

Bloated Man's Grotto is so beautiful during Hircine's quest. The blood moon makes it a perfect scene for vampires/ dark characters.

I'm a fucking idiot when it comes to tech stuff, and I just don't care anymore to add an enb, besides that, I doubt my laptop would run friendly with it.

Tried, couldn't get it to work after 2 days, rage-quit, gave up on enbs. I read the guide, but must have overlooked a minor detail, sadly a minor fix can be like a needle in a hay stack. I couldn't will myself to redo skyrim from scratch to fix it.

For an ENB you don't need to reinstall Skyrim or anything like that. If you couldn't get ENB to work in your game, you most likely missed something you should've edited in your ini. ENBs work with Skyrim regardless of how messed up your installation is or isn't. What exactly was your problem?

Okay, I think I'll take Jexsam's advice from the counter-part thread and take a few pics, and try and choose something among them to put up here. I don't know, I feel kind of invested in this thread.

Posting the first picture I took of Safira, because I'm to lazy to reboot skyrim

attachicon.gif2015-07-26_00005.jpg

Can your rig run an ENB? That's the first thing that would come to mind.

Also more of a general screenshotting advice for everyone, try not to place the stuff you want the viewer to look at in the center/front of the shot. It's one of the easiest ways to make a photo/screenshot more interesting, just use the google imagesearch with 'photography' as the keyword and you'll see what I mean.

Tried, couldn't get it to work after 2 days, rage-quit, gave up on enbs. I read the guide, but must have overlooked a minor detail, sadly a minor fix can be like a needle in a hay stack. I couldn't will myself to redo skyrim from scratch to fix it.

Also, 90% of ENB is finding the right one for your hardware that matches your tastes, then getting it set up properly. 

My guide has just about everything you need for setting up an ENB properly, along with an ENB that comes with presets designed for low capability machines, clear up to top end machines.

I'm a fucking idiot when it comes to tech stuff, and I just don't care anymore to add an enb, besides that, I doubt my laptop would run friendly with it.

Try this (and it's suggested mods obviously) then. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48554/?

The suggested mods are ELFX, CoT and Imaginator. At the suggestion of Anatriax I switched to Relighting Skyrim and Pure Weathers and got a bit of a performance boost (although not as impressive visually). Imaginator also allows a LOT of adjustment on the fly via a MCM menu.

Now add this... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12525/?...for DoF and you'll think you're actually using an ENB. Of course, the lighting mods and Dynavision will give a performance hit, but turning off Dynavision while playing is cool (it has an MCM menu).

And if you want some laptop performance tweaks let me know, I've found a bunch of them. From optimizing textures to machine settings tweaks.

With your ENB now running (I think?) you can press shift + enter to bring up the ENB UI which shows your current fps at the top. Shift + F12 toggles the enb on or off, in case you prefer to play without the ENB.

One more thing Grim; I fucking love you! You helped me more in five seconds then anybody else on this site bro. If I could become a woman, I would have your babies that's how much I love you right now :blush:

Oh you.

Just don't let ENB become a crutch. It's no substitute for good composition. Having it will help with things light lighting and atmosphere once you find a setup that works for what you want to be doing, but none of that matters if you can't frame or compose a shot properly. Even for waifu glamour shots, you still have to keep your background in mind, make sure nothing distracts from the character or messes with where the eyes are drawn on the image.

'But GrimReaper, your stupid anime elves a shit and so are you lololo' wouldn't be very nice, but a simple statement about your prefered taste - i.e. in this case that you prefer dem lore-friendly knife-ears would be fine.

Aether Suite. When people use AS, it tells me that they've either never played the game (or enough), or they're being lazy

Personally i don't think it's lazy to use aether suite. I use it sometimes just to get different looking backgrounds and to see what some shots will look like with different lightning scenarios. It's also a good place to see how your newly created character turned out or edits to an existing one. It all comes down to personal preference really. If i am in the mood to take some screenshots i will travel to different locations and explore areas to find somewhere really beautiful and unique. Other times i will just play and if something speaks to me i will start thinking of a story to write or take a test screenshot and if i like it i go crazy. If i make a character i will travel to aether and mess around. Believe it or not aether suite is quite massive and you can find some really cool stuff in there. I still haven't fully explored the place yet and it keeps getting updated XD.

Back to the topic at hand i think it's a great idea and i hope people can come here and get some feedback if they aren't sure about something. I would post but i myself am happy with the characters i make and don't really care about what others think. Unless it's a follower or something which in that case i will probably post them here in the future to see if people are interested.

Sure, what the hell :v.

y4O8gVO.png

rMNilN9.png

So lovely. I love these. Are they in 4k? Is that Fair Skin?

If you mean the game resolution, it's just 1920x1080 (pics themselves cropped to 1800x1000). As for the textures, nope, that's Mature Skin, just pale skintone and bright lighting :P.

look really beautiful normal light also bright :heart:

location or mod use in SS please!!

Location's custom, i make pretty much all my screenshot spots myself these days :P.

Ok then. To keep things going, I'll post my character I just reworked. I orginally made her with warpaint on, but realized too late that it covered up her features. So in the rare occasions where I removed it (because they're applied to the textures and not a RM overlay), I wasn't happy with her face. I think I achieved a better balance now from looking at her profile.

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo8_1280.jpg

Angry/disgusted face

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo5_1280.jpg

So, what do you like/dislike about her? Hopefully this thread will pick up, because the drama in SySc is far too frequent.

IMHO, I like everything about your character except 1 thing

the skin almost blends in with the hair because of the color? other than that, lovely character!

i gess I have to boot up skyrim to post some pics of my character, I'm new to ENB so yeh ~.~

Here is mine

still can't decide on Makeup/Haircut/Freckles

so yeah!

attachicon.gifll2.jpg

attachicon.gifll.jpg

attachicon.gifll3.jpg

I would say the second hairstyle because your character is an elf (or at least looks like it), and that shows her ears better. Thanks for critiquing mine, I have considered changing her skin tone, but she doesn't look right to me. Could try to find the mark with another color on the slider though.

Here is mine

still can't decide on Makeup/Haircut/Freckles

so yeah!

attachicon.gifll2.jpg

attachicon.gifll.jpg

attachicon.gifll3.jpg

I would say the second hairstyle because your character is an elf (or at least looks like it), and that shows her ears better. Thanks for critiquing mine, I have considered changing her skin tone, but she doesn't look right to me. Could try to find the mark with another color on the slider though.

She's a ningheim character, just decided to make ears pointy cuz it looked cute, idk ahaha

also, how do you guise take so HD pictures O_o

do y'all have like 4K textures, highest ENB and then run them thru photoshop or something? xD

I just take mine straight frm the game, I'm a noob :(

Ok then. To keep things going, I'll post my character I just reworked. I orginally made her with warpaint on, but realized too late that it covered up her features. So in the rare occasions where I removed it (because they're applied to the textures and not a RM overlay), I wasn't happy with her face. I think I achieved a better balance now from looking at her profile.

So, what do you like/dislike about her? Hopefully this thread will pick up, because the drama in SySc is far too frequent.

I'd say that the eyes are a tad to small and to high up, making them larger and lowering them would improve her face, imo. But other than that, I really like her face, especially the nose and lips.

Regarding her skin color, I suppose your ENB is just a bit too orange in that scene. Doesn't mix too well with red hair and a normal skin tone, especially if the light source is a fire.

Here's my newest attempt, playing around with NLA and milkdrinker textures. I don't really like the textures, but the ENB is amazing. Well, during gameplay at least, when you zoom in on faces and skin, it has some issues. Will likely tweak it further.

f5n4h67e.jpgmvt2wldg.jpgkl5c9gv5.jpg

Archived