Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

Since we already hit a little bump in the road here, we should make a few things more clear. Keep in mind that this thread should be welcoming, friendly and civil at all times. Everybody is welcome to share thoughts, criticism and screenshots of any kind, we're all on equal ground here. The goal of this thread is to emphasize on communication rather on using the like button, if you like something, explain why. If you think you spotted a flaw or two, don't just simply move on without saying anything. A healthy conversation is more interesting and more rewarding than just hitting that like button. Of course nobody is forced to participate, but it's encouraged to do so - that's what a forum is for. And if you want to, it'd be very nice if you follow a guideline or two to keep things comfy here:

• An example of acceptable, negative criticism, with constructiveness:
  • The eyes of your character seems to be lacking; maybe if you were to reduce the pupil size and consider a more earthy color.

• Example of unacceptable negative criticism:
  • I don't think I like the eyes of your character, they look pretty bad.

The first example, is easier for someone to accept. They can use this criticism to make changes for the better, or improve in what they're doing. They don't have to follow or take the criticism, but at least they understand why you didn't like it, and what you would personally change. The second example, simply states you don't like it, without moving forward.

• An example of acceptable, positive criticism, with constructiveness:
  • I really love the eyes of your character, because I think it brings out the color of their hair and complements a softer appearance.

• Example of unacceptable positive criticism:
  • I think the eyes of your character are better than like 90% of the eyes I've seen on other people's characters.

The first example, you gave the person a compliment, and stated why. This helps them to improve, as they can work more toward that softer appearance, OR even work against it (if a soft appearance wasn't what they were trying to convey). The second example, while complimenting the person, put them on a pedestal over the other "90%" who have just been backhanded. It also doesn't give the person you've critiqued, anything to work with to improve or even be mindful of.

That being said, this thread shouldn't be a hugbox nor a thread for shitposting. Meaning if you just want to grab a few likes or bash someone, you're wrong here. If you post something, expect people to comment on it - be it praise or not. As long as we manage to maintain a friendly atmosphere, this shouldn't be a problem. Post your screenshots, post your thoughts - but don't expect everybody to like it or to listen to your advice just because you posted it. You can, however, expect people being honest, sincere and friendly all around.

Thanks to Kaos Wulf and Taskmaster who basically wrote this OP for me. Couldn't have done it without you, guys!

Old OP:

This thread here is for people who want to post their screenshots but also want to receive comments/criticism for their screenshots, characters, ENBs or whatever it is you can see in the posted screenshot. Let's see if this will garner any interest, shall we.

I'll start:

Step one, post screenshot(s), duh.

e6fptidi.jpg

b4eyy2bw.jpg

89pipqzm.jpg

Step two; post away. What do you like, what do you dislike? Are there some improvements to be made regarding colors, lighting, perspective? Are the eyes to close to each other? Too high up, too low? Mouth too small, too big? You get the idea, I think.

You can say whatever you want about what's being posted here, as long as it is withing the rules of LL, meaning don't be a dick. Which is mostly about how you say something and not so much about what you say, most of the time.

'But GrimReaper, your stupid anime elves a shit and so are you lololo' wouldn't be very nice, but a simple statement about your prefered taste - i.e. in this case that you prefer dem lore-friendly knife-ears would be fine.

You can give likes if you want, but this isn't the priority of this thread. You should rather explain why this picture would have gotten a like from you or why it wouldn't have. Giving and receiving likes is not a very informative way of communicating with each other because it just says 'I like' or 'I don't like'.

You're a peach, you know that? If nothing else I hope people take the opportunity to give this thread a chance. I don't think that my taking my ball and going home warrants it's own thread, so I hope you put this up because you thought it was genuinely a good idea, and not to try and make me feel better. :blush:

On topic, I think that your elf is beautiful, and it reminds me that I need to actually look through the poses I installed :s Also, can anybody recommend a good place for taking screenshots? 

iLZPeJv.jpg

I'll be the first victim. IDGAF

She's beautiful, I'm glad you shared her with this thread.

You're a peach, you know that? If nothing else I hope people take the opportunity to give this thread a chance. I don't think that my taking my ball and going home warrants it's own thread, so I hope you put this up because you thought it was genuinely a good idea, and not to try and make me feel better. :blush:

On topic, I think that your elf is beautiful, and it reminds me that I need to actually look through the poses I installed :s Also, can anybody recommend a good place for taking screenshots? 

iLZPeJv.jpg

She's beautiful, I'm glad you shared her with this thread.

The modlist used to create her is in my Skyrim guide (phase 6). My Bodyslide preset is in one of the threads linked (She's at 60 weight on my preset, I believe), and believe it or not? Her face is just a high elf preset, with different lips, eyebrows, and eye color.

'But GrimReaper, your stupid anime elves a shit and so are you lololo' wouldn't be very nice, but a simple statement about your prefered taste - i.e. in this case that you prefer dem lore-friendly knife-ears would be fine.

I'll be the first to say it:

If you want good lighting for composition in your shots, there are plenty of locations in the game without resorting to using Aether Suite. When people use AS, it tells me that they've either never played the game (or enough), or they're being lazy. I honestly do like the look of your elf, but she's really out of place there imo.

Thank you for setting up this thread; there are those of us out there who would rather talk about screenshots as a form of art, rather than obsess over likes. Which btw, I think you should also mention that likes are discouraged here, since it's not the purpose when discussing shots.

I'd like to see her whole face. It's kinda a profile shot. Well, not really, but you can't see the other half of her face.

No, I wanted a feedback thread on screenshots for a long time. But I never had the impression other people did as well, so I didn't bother.

There are a few places with nice lighting, but it mostly depends on which lighting mods you have installed, which is something I somehow never get right. The Soul Cairn and Sovngarde have good lighting right from the start, for example.

I'll be the first to say it:

If you want good lighting for composition in your shots, there are plenty of locations in the game without resorting to using Aether Suite. When people use AS, it tells me that they've either never played the game (or enough), or they're being lazy. I honestly do like the look of your elf, but she's really out of place there imo.

Thank you for setting up this thread; there are those of us out there who would rather talk about screenshots as a form of art, rather than obsess over likes. Which btw, I think you should also mention that likes are discouraged here, since it's not the purpose when discussing shots.

I know, I like AS so much because I'm a lazy butt. Taking screenshots in vanilla locations takes a lot more effort plus I just made a quick few screens for that thread here. But I know that using AS for screenshots is a bad habit, as good as the light is, it still doesn't really fit Skyrim. Like, at all.

Okay, I think I'll take Jexsam's advice from the counter-part thread and take a few pics, and try and choose something among them to put up here. I don't know, I feel kind of invested in this thread.

Posting the first picture I took of Safira, because I'm to lazy to reboot skyrim

post-480513-0-77413800-1439276651_thumb.jpg

I'd like to see her whole face. It's kinda a profile shot. Well, not really, but you can't see the other half of her face.

My profile pic is the same character, though I can't find any more of this particular one. 

I did find these of my old Imperial, though.

BSaCJRo.pngnBovoR3.png

I also want to know  in main game skyrim have the location have the good lighting as Aether Suite

please tell me where because I am also tired to take the picture only in  Aether Suite :)

lighting like this 4 SS from difference location inside Aether Suite

Lg9KlJY.jpg?1

mRUQNaN.jpg?1

TWMiE1S.jpg?1

z623RgW.jpg?1

No :( I had to shrink it way down, and unfortunately it's not one of the ones that got uploaded to Steam... so I lost most of my Screenshots when I switched back to Win7 from 8.1 :( I'm sorry <3

I'll be reinstalling Skyrim in a few days. I'll do my best to recreate her <3

Okay, I think I'll take Jexsam's advice from the counter-part thread and take a few pics, and try and choose something among them to put up here. I don't know, I feel kind of invested in this thread.

Posting the first picture I took of Safira, because I'm to lazy to reboot skyrim

attachicon.gif2015-07-26_00005.jpg

Can your rig run an ENB? That's the first thing that would come to mind.

Also more of a general screenshotting advice for everyone, try not to place the stuff you want the viewer to look at in the center/front of the shot. It's one of the easiest ways to make a photo/screenshot more interesting, just use the google imagesearch with 'photography' as the keyword and you'll see what I mean.

Also more of a general screenshotting advice for everyone, try not to place the stuff you want the viewer to look at in the center/front of the shot. It's one of the easiest ways to make a photo/screenshot more interesting, just use the google imagesearch with 'photography' as the keyword and you'll see what I mean.

Tried, couldn't get it to work after 2 days, rage-quit, gave up on enbs. I read the guide, but must have overlooked a minor detail, sadly a minor fix can be like a needle in a hay stack. I couldn't will myself to redo skyrim from scratch to fix it.

I forget the name of the large cavern, but there's a hill in the center with some bears and spriggans in there. That has some nice lighting and large enough to find different stuff to compose shots.

Moss Mother Cavern?

That's not the one I was thinking of, but it is another good spot. Depending on your lighting mods of course.

To get there just use the console and type 'help "moss mother"' and look for the cell with that name. Then use 'coc <whateverthecellnameis>' to travel there (if you didn't already now of course).

Tried, couldn't get it to work after 2 days, rage-quit, gave up on enbs. I read the guide, but must have overlooked a minor detail, sadly a minor fix can be like a needle in a hay stack. I couldn't will myself to redo skyrim from scratch to fix it.

Switch to Mod Organizer. You won't have to reinstall again, but if you do for some odd reason you can do it really fast (because you don't have a bloated /data/ folder to deal with). Just re-Steam it and it's fresh and ready to go.

Archived