Sims 3 ITUN & XML tunings

A few tuning packages that I`ve found useful for curbing some of the annoying behaviours that my sims get upto.

Some were inspired by contacts I`ve made here at Lovers Lab, they`ll know who they are ;)

All have been tested in gameplay for at least 1 sim month.

All have been sourced from sims 3 GameplayData.package  Patched to 1.67 which is open to inspection for anyone with a basic knowledge of s3pe (Full credit to the makers and maintainers of that epic utility)

All keep the same instance number of the file they were sourced from, so will conflict with any mods/tunings that you might already have in your mods folder, a quick scan with delphy`s dashboard will show any conflicts.

I chose a simple naming convention that should, hopefully explain what they do, but I`ll put a brief description by each one.

As they`re only simple tunings, no scripts, they should be safe to merge with other packages (someone correct me if I`m wrong about that). They don`t hook into your save games so should be pretty safe to add or remove as you like.

I`ll add more if I if I think they`re worth adding, so check back now and again

.....Requested, not tested.

Capture the moment interaction never/less

DoodaInfluence.rar    

If the jock/rebel/nerd malarkey gets on your t**s then this will gradually level down any of your infected household and stop them leveling back up

DoodaBarDrinksAndChat.rar

Stops sims ordering so many drinks at bars useful for stopping foot stomping bar queues at busy venues

DoodaDateCalls.rar

Less date calls from NPC sims

<base>
  <Current_Tuning>
    <kAttractionPhoneCallChance value="1">...............................................................Set this to 0 for no date calls
      <!--Range: 0 - 100  Description: Chance per day of an attraction call from an NPC to a selectable sim asking for a date-->
    </kAttractionPhoneCallChance>
    <kAttractionLTRThresholds value="20, 50">
      <!--Range: -100.0 - 100.0  Description: LTR range for an attraction gift/love letter to be sent from an NPC to a selectable sim, [0] is the minimum value needed to consider it, [1] is the LTR where it hits the max value specified by kAttractionGiftLetterMaxChancePerDay-->
    </kAttractionLTRThresholds>
    <kAttractionGiftLetterMaxChancePerDay value="1">
      <!--Range: 0 - 100  Description: Max chance per day for an NPC to send an attraction gift/love letter.-->
    </kAttractionGiftLetterMaxChancePerDay>
    <kDateHoursToCallAfterWork value="1, 3">
      <!--Range: 0 - 100  Description: For date calls during work days, the time after the selectable sim leaves work in hours for the call to occur. Both in hours after finish time.-->
    </kDateHoursToCallAfterWork>
    <kAttractionDateRejectThreshold value="2">
      <!--Range: 0 - inf  Description: How many times the player has to reject attraction date calls from the same NPC sim before that NPC sim will give up calling.-->
    </kAttractionDateRejectThreshold>
  </Current_Tuning>
</base>

Nice of EA to leave comments in their XML`s

DoodaPhoneBrowse.rar

Less or no browsing on smart phone

DoodaPhoneStream.rar

Less or no streaming on smartphone

DoodaBoxBot.rar

No autonomous robot form

DoodaCheapTVLess.rar

Watch less cheap tv

DoodaPillowFight.rar

Less or no pillow fighting

DoodaScareSim.rar

Less autonomous scaring sims especially for evil/mean spirited traits

DoodaNoAnimals.rar

Petpool turns off spawning of stray cats,dogs,horses,deer,unicorns.....If you have nraas register that will override and do the same job

PetAdopt stops the pet adoption system.........there is an option in overwatch to do this (hardly ever worked for me but...) PetAdopt does the job with or without OW installed.

You may notice some townies being moved into your hood with pets, that`s EA story progression issue. It can be modded out in the XML that deals with story progression but I`m not putting that up here yet cuz it deals with a lot of other things too.

ITUN tuning is probably the easiest way of customizing your game by modifying basic sims behaviours. Think of it sort of like an electric light dimmer switch, you can turn behaviour on and off or dim (less) or brighten (more) You can also apply filters for age, traits, buffs and other things too.

For example it would be possible and fairly simple to make the water balloon interaction only available to evil trait teens  when they are juiced.

The best guide to creating ITUNS is by Nona

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/tutorial-tuning-mods-and-commodity-kinds/#more-422

Guide for using s3pe with gameplay data package

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_XML_Tuning_Modding

Is there a tuning for Streaking? I've been searching the Internet for a tuning mod that allows everyone to streak even when there are children in the lot but so far no luck. I also want my teenager to streak by couldn't allow to do it because they are categorized as children.

Is there a tuning for Streaking? I've been searching the Internet for a tuning mod that allows everyone to streak even when there are children in the lot but so far no luck. I also want my teenager to streak by couldn't allow to do it because they are categorized as children.

It`s pretty easy to adjust autonomy for young adult and older streaking but with teens and children around you start running into privacy checks which I don`t know a lot about, possibly need script mods to overcome that, which I don`t do.

Do you have kinky world installed? If so, will adults streak with teens around then?

The streak ITUN is pretty interesting

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<base>

<Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim+Streak+Definition" />

<Object name="Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim" />

<CodeVersion name="EP9" considerCodeVersion="True" />

<Current_Tuning>

<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />

<BaseAvailability>

<AgeSpeciesAvail AgeSpeciesValue="T,Y,A,E" />............................................................Defines the ages that can do it.......Y=young adult e.t.c...add T. to enable teens to streak

<MotiveThreshold MotiveThresholdType="None" MotiveThresholdValue="0" MotiveBelowCheck="False" />

<MoodThreshold MoodThresholdType="None" MoodThresholdValue="0" />

<SkillThreshold SkillThresholdType="None" SkillThresholdValue="0" />

<ExcludingTrait type="Disciplined" />

<ExcludingTrait type="NeverNude" />

<ExcludingTrait type="Coward" />

<ExcludingTrait type="FamilyOriented" />

<ExcludingTrait type="Good" />

<ExcludingTrait type="HatesOutdoors" />

<ExcludingTrait type="NoSenseOfHumor" />..........................................Trait types that won`t do it...... :lol:

<ExcludingTrait type="Snob" />

<ExcludingTrait type="Workaholic" />

<ExcludingTrait type="Shy" />

<ExcludingTrait type="BroodingTrait" />

<ExcludingTrait type="Proper" />

<ExcludingTrait type="FrankensteinHiddenTrait" />

<ExcludingTrait type="RobotHiddenTrait" />

<Occult OccultRestrictionType="Exclusive" OccultTypes="0x2" OccultTypesHumanAllowed="False" />

<CareerThreshold CareerThresholdType="Undefined" CareerThresholdValue="0" IncludePastCareers="False" />

<ExcludingBuff type="SingedElectricity" />

<ExcludingBuff type="Singed" />

<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="True" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="True" />

<World RestrictionType="None" Types="" Names="" />

<Room AllowInTombRoomAutonomous="False" AllowEvenIfNotAllowedInRoomAutonomous="False" />

<Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="True" DisallowedFromInventory="False" />

</BaseAvailability>

<Check type="All" value="0" />

<Tradeoff name="Streak">

<Localization autoGenerate="False" />

<Time value="1" addRoute="True" />

<Exit funExit="False" stressExit="False" interruptible="False" />

<RouteLeadIn allowed="False" />

<AskJoinInteraction joinable="False" />

<AllowAutonomousReinforcement allowPraise="False" allowScold="False" />

<ScoringFunction alwaysChooseBest="False" name="" specificCommodity="None" />

<ActionTopic name="" ActionTopicUnavailableAfterActionFinishes="False" />

<Output>

<Change type="Fun" advertised="0" locked="False" actual="30" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="BeAtJuiceKeggerParty" advertised="100" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="TraitDaredevil" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="TraitPartyAnimal" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="AdultEnjoyParty" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="BeAtBachelorParty" advertised="25" locked="True" actual="25" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="MidlifeCrisis" advertised="50" locked="True" actual="50" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="BeUninhibited" advertised="150" locked="True" actual="150" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="TraitAbsentMinded" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="TraitEvil" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="TraitFlirty" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="TraitInappropriate" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

</Output>

</Tradeoff>

<Notes Notes="Excluding availability for Streaking for Sims with the following traits:  Frankenstein Hidden, Disciplined, NeverNude, Coward, Family Oriented, Good, Hates Outdoors, NoSense of Humor, Snob, Workaholic, Shy, Brooding Trait, Proper, Robot Hidden Trati  " DesignerNotes="Ep11 - First Tuning Pass - JoshLee" LastChange="7/22/2013 10:50:12 AM" />

</Current_Tuning>

</base>

Everything listed in <change type=..../> are modifiers. the only value to mess with is advertised fun. Adertised fun = how attractive it is for sims to do it. Negative values are allowed so as to make it unattractive for sims. e.g -10

There are some checks for kids in the sim+streak xml

<kCheckForKidsBroadcastParams>

<PulseRadius value="40">.............................................................setting this to 1 or 0 might fool the privacy checker into thinking there`s no kids...that`s a guess....that would also affect react to streaker interactions though

<!--The effect range of the broadcaster in meters.-->

</PulseRadius>

<AffectBroadcasterRoomOnly value="True">

<!--Specifies whether or not the broadcaster effects object through walls that define an enclosed room boundary.-->

</AffectBroadcasterRoomOnly>

<ReactorLineOfSight value="False">

<!--Specifies whether or not the broadcaster only effects Sims with line-of-sight to the broadcasting object.-->

</ReactorLineOfSight>

<ReactorCouldSeeCheck value="False">

<!--Specifies whether or not the broadcaster only effects Sims which pass a "could-see" check to the broadcasting object (i.e., they are not in their frontal vision cone but there are no objects between the two actors so the reactor could hypothetically see if they turned around).-->

</ReactorCouldSeeCheck>

<PulseRepeatTime value="20">

<!--A repeat time in sim minutes with which a Sim is pulsed with the OnEnter effects of the broadcaster as long as they reside within the broadcaster's range.  A value of -1 means the pulse never repeats.-->

</PulseRepeatTime>

<TimeToFullPulseExpansion value="0">

<!--The time in sim minutes over which the broadcaster range expands from 0 meters to the PulseRadius (the broadcaster range is instantaneously set to PulseRadius if zero minutes is specified).-->

</TimeToFullPulseExpansion>

<TimeDuration value="-1">

<!--DO NOT TUNE a value of -1 unless you speak with the GPE first.  A value of -1 means that the broadcaster pulses until manually deleted by the scripter.  Otherwise it is the lifetime in sim minutes after which the broadcaster is deleted.-->

</TimeDuration>

<InteractionProhibitsOverlay value="False">

<!--Setting InteractionProhibitsOverlay to true means that if the Sim chooses to use the interaction then the overlay is omitted.  I.e., either the interaction or the overlay is played but not both.-->

</InteractionProhibitsOverlay>

<AutonomyLevelToReact value="One">

<!--The AutonomyLevel at which this reaction fires-->

</AutonomyLevelToReact>

<MaxSimsToProcessPerTick value="10">

<!--The max number of sims that PulseSims will consider in one tick (the more we do, the less efficient (but more responsive) the reaction will be)-->

</MaxSimsToProcessPerTick>

<ReactOnRepeatedEntry value="True">

<!--Whether or not the Sim will react anew to the broadcaster when exiting and re-entering the radius of the broadcaster. Do NOT tune to false if you have an ExitCallback or ExitInteraction.-->

</ReactOnRepeatedEntry>

<ReactToMultiplePulses value="True">

<!--If true, your sim will be pulsed every time the broadcaster pulses.  Set to false if you only want to be pulsed once per time entering the broadcaster.-->

</ReactToMultiplePulses>

<SpeciesToEffect value="Human">

<!--List of species flags that this reaction broadcaster should broadcast to.  Valid entries are Human, Horse, Cat, Dog, LittleDog or a comma separated list of several of these.-->

</SpeciesToEffect>

<MountedSimsDoNonMountedBehavior value="False">

<!--If true, mounted sims will attempt to do the normal non-mounted behavior for this broadcaster while mounted. If true, this will cause the sim to ignore all other mounted reaction specific params. Note: This may or may not work! Test thoroughly when setting this to true.-->

</MountedSimsDoNonMountedBehavior>

<MountedReactToMultiplePulses value="False">

<!--If true, your mounted sim will play the OnEnter MountedReactionType specified in MountedReactionTypes on every pulse. Set to false if you only want to be pulsed once per time entering the broadcaster.-->

</MountedReactToMultiplePulses>

<MountedReactionTypes value="None, None">

<!--The MountedReactionType played by mounted horses and riders, instead of doing the normal behavior. If both enter and exit are set to none, mounted sims will not play a mounted reaction. What reaction to play when: [Entering the broadcaster (or initial pulse), exiting the broadcaster].-->

</MountedReactionTypes>

</kCheckForKidsBroadcastParams>

<kRadiusToCheckForTeens value="40">

<!--How far around the sim should we check for kids when starting the run of the interaction. GPE Value: 30-->

</kRadiusToCheckForTeens>

</Current_Tuning>

I might have a mess around with those settings sometime and see what happens, or you could ;)

Hi do you have one that control population of humans nraas register dpn't seem too.thx

At the moment I don`t because I like LOTS of humans in my hood.

What is it you are wanting to do?....stop humans moving into your hood or set a population limit?

Tell me what world you`re playing and I might knock up something quickly to sort of do what you want

Nraas story progression and Awsomemod can both set a population limit but they are both heavy duty script mods that will impact on game performance and probably add features that you don`t even want.

I do control animals in my hood by a few methods, one of which is the XML files that handle EA story progression.

XML files for SP (For anyone interested and for my memory)

Demographics_0x0915b951121e2690

Demographics+LotDensity_0xe74d9a6dafc01ef4

Demographics                                                                 

DemographicsAppaloosaPlains                                      

DemographicsChina                                                       

DemographicsEgypt

DemographicsEP7World     ......................................................Clones of each other that handle different worlds

DemographicsFrance

DemographicsFutureWorld

DemographicsIslaParadiso

DemographicsMoonlightFalls

DemographicsNewDowntownWorld

DemographicsTwinBrook

DemographicsUniversity

Demographics_0x0915b951121e2690 format...........fairly simple XML that sort of affects how lazy or active EA story progression is

<base>

<Current_Tuning>

<kDemographicChoiceTemperature value="5">

<!--Range: [1, 100] Higher values increase the randomness when choosing which demographic to improve-->

</kDemographicChoiceTemperature>

<kNumDemographicDraws value="10">.............................................................................set this higher to make SP more active....Wouldn`t advise going near infinity though :D

<!--Range: [1, Infinity] The number of times we select a demographic to improve-->

</kNumDemographicDraws>

<kNumActionsPerDemographic value="8">..........................................................Also has an effect on SP activity

<!--Range: [1, Infinity] The number of actions we consider per demographic-->

</kNumActionsPerDemographic>

<kActionScoreTemperature value="1">

<!--Range: [1, 100] Higher values increase the randomness when choosing which action to perform-->

</kActionScoreTemperature>

<kActionsScoreFriction value="0.004,0.01">

<!--Range: [0, 1] <Min,Max> range of the friction that an action must overcome to be considered-->

</kActionsScoreFriction>

<kSelectedDemographicAttenuation value="0.5">

<!--Range: [0, 1] A multiplier applied to the error of a demographic each time it is selected, to encourage attempting to solve multiple demographics-->

</kSelectedDemographicAttenuation>

<kDemographicValueBias value="0.0">

<!--Range: [0, 1] Bias to apply to tuned demographic values-->

</kDemographicValueBias>

<kChanceOfRandomHistogramAction value="0.2">

<!--Chance of simply choosing a random action for a histogram demographic rather then trying to calculate the optimal direction-->

</kChanceOfRandomHistogramAction>

</Current_Tuning>

<Deprecated_Tuning />

</base>

Demographics+LotDensity_0xe74d9a6dafc01ef4..........simple XML that reserves empty lots so player can place households

<base>

<Current_Tuning>

<kMinPercentageUnoccupiedHouses value="5">

<!--Range:  0 - 100  Description:  Minimum Percentage of houses that must remain unnoccupied-->

</kMinPercentageUnoccupiedHouses>

<kMinNumberUnoccupiedHouses value="3">

<!--Description:  Minimum number of houses that must remain unnoccupied-->

</kMinNumberUnoccupiedHouses>

</Current_Tuning>

</base>

Demographics and all it`s clones......A long XML where the nitty gritty of SP tuning takes place....posting only parts of it

<Actions>

<Name></Name>

<Multiplier>1</Multiplier>

<Category>0</Category>

<Delay_Min>0</Delay_Min>

<Delay_Max>-1</Delay_Max>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Create Household</Name>

<Multiplier>0.9</Multiplier>........................................This is the number you want for tuning....setting to 0 effectively turns it off....forget the other values but if some one knows what effect they have please share.

<Category>1</Category>

<Delay_Min>1</Delay_Min>

<Delay_Max>2.5</Delay_Max>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Create and Move In</Name>

<Multiplier>2</Multiplier>

<Category>1</Category>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Emigrate Household</Name>

<Category>1</Category>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Have Baby</Name>

<Multiplier>2</Multiplier>

<Category>2</Category>

<Delay_Min>1</Delay_Min>

<Delay_Max>1.5</Delay_Max>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Add Sim</Name>

<Multiplier>0.5</Multiplier>

<Category>2</Category>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Kill Sim</Name>

<Category>2</Category>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Increase Vampire Population</Name>

<Multiplier>1.5</Multiplier>

<Category>15</Category>

<Delay_Min>0.5</Delay_Min>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Move Out Household</Name>

<Category>3</Category>

<Delay_Min>1</Delay_Min>

<Delay_Max>2</Delay_Max>

</Actions>

<Pet_Population>

<PercentOfPetPop>0</PercentOfPetPop>

<Utility>0</Utility>

<Importance>2</Importance>

<Increase>Add Pet</Increase>

<Decrease>Remove Pet</Decrease>

</Pet_Population>

<Pet_Population>

<PercentOfPetPop>0.2</PercentOfPetPop>

<Utility>1</Utility>

</Pet_Population>

<Pet_Population>

<PercentOfPetPop>0.3</PercentOfPetPop>.................percentage in your hood detected by game

<Utility>1.8</Utility>........................................................SP effect for that given population............set to 0 to turn off, or raise or lower...repeat for all other PopPercentages

</Pet_Population>

<Pet_Population>

<PercentOfPetPop>0.4</PercentOfPetPop>

<Utility>2.5</Utility>

</Pet_Population>

<Pet_Population>

<PercentOfPetPop>0.5</PercentOfPetPop>

<Utility>2.75</Utility>

</Pet_Population>

<Pet_Population>

<PercentOfPetPop>0.6</PercentOfPetPop>

<Utility>2.5</Utility>

</Pet_Population>

Any chance you could do this for the "Capture the Moment" smartphone interaction?  (or does that fall under smartphone streaming/browsing/etc?)

That`s an interesting one

CaptureTheMoment_Sim....This is the name of the ITUN in GameplayData....So it`s not obviously attached to the smartphone like browse and stream are

This is an interesting ITUN because there are no advertised base motives associated with it (fun,hygiene, bladder....etc) So I guess you only see this interaction a lot if your sims are in the situations listed in <ChangeType=  e.g BeAtJuiceKeggerParty

<base>

<Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.Phone+CaptureTheMoment+Definition" />

<Object name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.PhoneSmart" />

<Current_Tuning>

<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="True" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />............................This is set to True in the never package

<BaseAvailability>

<AgeSpeciesAvail AgeSpeciesValue="T,Y,A,E" />

<MotiveThreshold MotiveThresholdType="None" MotiveThresholdValue="0" MotiveBelowCheck="False" />

<Occult OccultRestrictionType="Ignore" OccultTypes="0x0" OccultTypesHumanAllowed="True" />

<CareerThreshold CareerThresholdType="Undefined" CareerThresholdValue="0" IncludePastCareers="False" />

<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="True" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="True" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="True" />

<Room AllowInTombRoomAutonomous="False" AllowEvenIfNotAllowedInRoomAutonomous="False" />

<Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="False" DisallowedFromInventory="False" />

</BaseAvailability>

<Tradeoff name="CaptureTheMoment">

<Time value="1" addRoute="False" />

<Exit funExit="False" stressExit="False" interruptible="True" />

<Output>

<Change type="BeAtImprovedProtest" advertised="200" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />  ............advertised is halved in the less package....want sims to do it even less?....lower the value more or even make it negative

<Change type="BeAtHungerStrike" advertised="200" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="BeAtRowdyProtest" advertised="200" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="BeAtJuiceKeggerParty" advertised="100" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

<Change type="BeAtBonfire" advertised="100" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

</Output>

</Tradeoff>

<Notes Notes="" DesignerNotes="EP9 - First Pass - Andy" LastChange="12/3/2012 12:01:47 PM" />

</Current_Tuning>

</base>

Done and Added to list

hello it work great .thank you

Cool, thanks for the feedback :)

All it does is set a very low number for for EA story progression Create Household  and Create and Move In.

Source........DemographicsNewDowntownWorld  Instance = 0x0A014CA60CC8FE11

The reason I asked bethiedoll which world they are playing is because there are different story progression XML`s for different world types, I took a guess that Roaring Heights would be downtown (never played it)

There are 11 other XML`s for SP events in other world types, e.g university, apaloosa plains etc

These are very long XML`s so I`ll only quote parts of it.

<Actions>

<Name>Create Household</Name>

<Multiplier>0.9</Multiplier>............................................0.1 for bethiedoll

<Category>1</Category>

<Delay_Min>1</Delay_Min>

<Delay_Max>2.5</Delay_Max>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Create and Move In</Name>

<Multiplier>2</Multiplier>.........................................0.1 for bethiedoll.............setting this to 0 should stop townies moving into your hood, but I have`nt tried it.

<Category>1</Category>

</Actions>

Gradually thinning down your townie population should be possible by;

<Actions>

<Name>Emigrate Household</Name>

<Multiplier>0</Multiplier>.........................setting this number to non zero.....higher = more often

<Category>1</Category>

</Actions>

If you want your hood populated by just vampires or fairies or mermaids etc...find the relevant section of the XML and;

<Actions>

<Name>Increase Vampire Population</Name>

<Multiplier>0</Multiplier>........................setting this number  to non zero....suggest 2......5 would be quicker

<Category>15</Category>

</Actions>

More <Actions> examples

<Actions>

<Name>Decrease Vampire Population</Name>

<Multiplier>0</Multiplier>

<Category>15</Category>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Increase Fairy Population</Name>

<Category>18</Category>

</Actions>

<Actions>

<Name>Decrease Fairy Population</Name>

<Category>18</Category>

</Actions>

Any chance you could do this for the "Capture the Moment" smartphone interaction?  (or does that fall under smartphone streaming/browsing/etc?)

CaptureTheMoment_Sim....This is the name of the ITUN in GameplayData....So it`s not obviously attached to the smartphone like browse and stream are

This is an interesting ITUN because there are no advertised base motives associated with it (fun,hygiene, bladder....etc) So I guess you only see this interaction a lot if your sims are in the situations listed in <ChangeType=  e.g BeAtJuiceKeggerParty

<base>
    <Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.Phone+CaptureTheMoment+Definition" />
    <Current_Tuning>
        <Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="True" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />............................This is set to True in the never package
        <BaseAvailability>
            <Occult OccultRestrictionType="Ignore" OccultTypes="0x0" OccultTypesHumanAllowed="True" />
            <Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="True" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="True" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="True" />
        </BaseAvailability>
            <Output>
                <Change type="BeAtImprovedProtest" advertised="200" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />  ............advertised is halved in the less package....want sims to do it even less?....lower the value more or even make it negative
                <Change type="BeAtHungerStrike" advertised="200" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
                <Change type="BeAtRowdyProtest" advertised="200" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
                <Change type="BeAtJuiceKeggerParty" advertised="100" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
                <Change type="BeAtBonfire" advertised="100" locked="False" actual="0" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
            </Output>
        </Tradeoff>
    <Notes Notes="" DesignerNotes="EP9 - First Pass - Andy" LastChange="12/3/2012 12:01:47 PM" />
    </Current_Tuning>
</base>

Done and Added to list

Interesting that you say it should only happen in certain situations... my celeb sims with social networking skills are/have been doing it All. The. Freaking. Time.  Drives me nuts.  I really hope this fix works!  (Haven't tested it yet but will do so at the closest opportunity)

<base>

<Current_Tuning>

<BaseAvailability>

</BaseAvailability>

<Output>

</Output>

</Tradeoff>

</Current_Tuning>

</base>

Done and Added to list

Interesting that you say it should only happen in certain situations... my celeb sims with social networking skills are/have been doing it All. The. Freaking. Time.  Drives me nuts.  I really hope this fix works!  (Haven't tested it yet but will do so at the closest opportunity)

Well I did say "I guess you only see this interaction......." It`s not an interaction that I`ve ever seen much and looking at the bare ITUN suggests that it`s designed to happen mostly (or exclusively??) at the event types listed in the <ChangeType= section in vanilla (unmodded) sims gameplay.

Obviously I have no idea about other peoples gameplqy styles and mod loadouts, which is gonna affect what they see in game.

If you look at the <BaseAvailability> section (everything listed between <BaseAvailability> and </BaseAvailability> there is nothing to push celebrities or social networkers into doing this interaction more. I`ll have a look to see if there`s an XML that may have an effect.

is something like the less date call posible for less party invite and or sims calling you every second, would love to see something that channel this or make it way lesser

got sick and tyred of all those dum invites and or do you wana talk  :lol:

Party events are dealt with in xml`s.....I`ll have a look and see what can be done

Yeah, retuner`s an option, I`ve used it briefly in the past. It`s a script mod though.

Personally I`m trying to use as few script mods as possible which is why I started to look at custom tunings to replace what script mods were doing in my games.

Nrass (or Twallian as he was known when he first made Master Controller) is a great c# coder (which I definitely ain`t) and I know of people using his whole suite of mods.

is something like the less date call posible for less party invite and or sims calling you every second, would love to see something that channel this or make it way lesser

got sick and tyred of all those dum invites and or do you wana talk  :lol:

Party events are dealt with in xml`s.....I`ll have a look and see what can be done

I`ve drew a bit of a blank with party invites and random calls for chat, it`s not something that really intrudes in my games anyway, so I`ll give up on that one, sorry.

Maybe there`s something already out there that`ll do what you`re after, try MTS maybe?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...