Help In Changing Character Race Tag(s)

Guest Kavasiki

Guest Kavasiki

So after some extensive Google search I did what I felt was the last resort; posting a new Thread to see if someone here happens to know if there is a non-complicated way of changing my player-character’s race Tags.

First off I am far from knowledgeable when it comes to both hardware and software, so if my only solution is to use NifScope or the Creation Kit, I would highly appreciate a very detailed walkthrough on the matter.

Now, I am currently playing as a Nord. However, the other day I decided to change my Nord’s appearance by sculpting it in RaceMenu to see if I could get some good results. After an unnecessary long period I created a look I (somewhat) wanted for my player-character. But one thing bothered me. My character does not look like a Nord anymore. So while I was playing Skyrim, I felt it was a bit out of place that at certain points in the game NPCs treated me as Nord. I wanted them to at least see me as an elf (High Elf/Altmer) during my play through. I tried “player.setrace highelfrace” but that also changed my character's appearance a lot. Going into "showracemenu" also requires some time re-sculpting my character. Even if I save it as a preset, some eyes, and mods, is not accessible as a direct High Elf. I want some way to remove the Nord Tag, and exchange it for an High Elf/Altmer Tag so when my original race is mentioned in any dialog in Skyrim, they refer to my character as an Altmer. Also, I do not wish to exchange the Nord Tag on all Nord characters. Only on my player-character.

Reason I do not play a custom race is that most changes, add-ons, skeleton and animations is locked to the original races. And I am not knowledgeable enough to know how to change it so everything works 100% for the Custom Races, AND I would hate to spend more time in sculpting my character’s face.

Any help regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

Archived