Idle marker, where to find FNIS animation? (CK question)

Nalim

I asked this in the nexus forum but so far no luck, maybe someone here is more inclined to help.

So the thing I want to achieve is for NPCs in my area to now and then wander over to a certain location and take a bath/shower. I have the mod bathing for skyrim which I want to use for the animation.

I figure the best way to achieve this is to have an Idle marker where I want this to happen that I can put in my NPCs AI package.

My problem is that I can't really find the animation that comes with that mod in the CK, I don't even know where to start looking. I've loaded my mod with "skyrim", "update" and "bathing for skyrim" (with my mod as active mod). How can I add the shower animation to the list of Idle animations to choose from when making an Idle marker?

Idle Animations in that list are no animation files, they are "idle oblects".

Idle objects are defined in the CK -> Gameplay -> Animations -> ...0:master.hkx -> LOOSE

To define an idle object there, you need an appropriate (FNIS) Animation Event. If you want one from the bathing mod, then look for the file FNIS_Bathing in Skyrim_List.txt. Any 3rd parameter in a line with so, e.g. mzinBatheA3_S1_Soap, is possible.

Thanks, I think I got it (or at least understand where to start).

So correct me if I'm wrong;

I go to Gameplay -> Animations

Actors\Character\Behaviors\0_Master.hkx

I add a Child to "LOOSE"

I name the ID "IdleBathe" or something

I add an Anim Event

Then  I add "IdleBathe" to a new Idle marker

I'm a bit curious though. In the Animations window (in the LOOSE list) I found mzinBathe variants with the "sequence" box ticked and no Anim Event. How are those animations set? I'm assuming these are the animations referenced by the "Bathing in skyrim" mod and thus I might be better off referencing them instead of adding new idles (in effect duplicating them).

Thanks Fore, I managed to play the animation.

Now I have the new issue of not being able to set the duration for the idle. Changing the time in "patrol" or "idle timer setting" might extend the time the NPC stays in place but she only runs the animation once.

I've managed to loop the animation trough making the node a linked ref, however this causes the default idle animation to play in between the bathing animations.

That's the way the animations are defined in the Bath mod. If you you want to make it a loop you have to make your own FNIS mod, or change FNIS_Bathing in Skyrim_List.txt appropriately. Taking away the -a option changes a one-timer into a loop.

But if you are going into such changes, I recommend reading the FNIS Modders' doc.

Thanks. I'll have a closer look at that.

edit: I cloned the animation from Bathing in skyrim and renamed it for my mod (and made sure to rename the animation file so it doesn't clash with the original), made some changes to the list (made it loop) and ran the FNIS tools.

Working like a charm now. Thanks so much for the help.

Yeah, the FNIS tools are quite user friendly and the documentation is great.

My main problem tends to be finding where I can access a certain function in the CK. A lot of things seem to be doable in more than one way, and the best way might not be obvious, but that one probably just have to get a feel for.

Archived