camera problem

Airin

Usually I never ask for help in forums and rather try to solve problems by myself, no matter how long it takes;

anyways as it says in the title I have a strange problem with my camera, which is that when I engage into a conversation with an NPC my camera becomes stuck, in the sense that I loose any ability to zoom in or out, pressing the perspective change key doesn't do anything for me either.

I've looked around at many other forums but unfortunetly no one has had a problem even remotely similar to mine.

Other than that I've tryed many things to solve this problem but nothing worked.

I deleted the skyrim.ini in hopes that it could've been caused by it beeing messed up from mods or something but that didn't work.

Than I've tried starting skyrim without any mods, a clean ini and even a new clean savegame, but not even that worked out which also leads me to the conclusion that it can't be a problem caused by mods.

I'd be glad if someone would have any ideas, possible solutions or even the same problem as me.

That's an odd one. I'm just spitballing here, but when you say you tried it without any mods, does that also include removing (or disabling if you're using MO) all the files your mods may have added to the SKSE folder? I know Immersive First Person, for eg, just has a dll file now so esp to disable. Also are you using an ENB and if so have you tried engaging in conversations with it disabled?

That's an odd one. I'm just spitballing here, but when you say you tried it without any mods, does that also include removing (or disabling if you're using MO) all the files your mods may have added to the SKSE folder? I know Immersive First Person, for eg, just has a dll file now so esp to disable. Also are you using an ENB and if so have you tried engaging in conversations with it disabled?

I do use MO indeed and what I did was create a new profile and not enabling any esps besides the official DLCs.

I don't use Immersive First Person View but thanks for the suggestion with the SKSE folder I'll have to check that out if there really could be any dlls.

Other than that I've tried removing all ENB files and than talking to NPCs but unfortunetly that didn't do much for me either  :-/

I acctually managed to solve this problem and I'll post it for anyone who might ever happen to have the same problem.

What I did, as simple as it may sounds, is that I simply uninstalled Skyrim, deleted everything from the Data directory except for my ENB files and than simply reinstalled Skyrim and that to my actuall surprise worked.

So for anyone who has this problem as well I hope it will work out for you.

Archived