Temporarily change walking animation?

Feliks

So I was doing some research for a mod or two I hope to release in the future, and was trying to figure something out but couldn't find much or any documentation on this kind of thing. 

Let's say I want to change the animation of the player (or an NPC) while they walk, but only under certain circumstances (while item X is equipped), how would I go about doing that? I assume it's some kind of scripting but I also kind of thought there'd be something in the CK to do it with.

Yesterday I had searched for a way to override movement animations too and I found this excellent solution.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17067-fnis-for-modders-fnis-40-wip/page-17?do=findComment&comment=1044276

That's correct, although it's still a bit limited. If you go the Nexus page for FNIS and download the documentation you'll see that fore has not implemented the replacement for the full locomotion set (afaik).

I discovered that when I was trying to replace some animation too (the sneaking one), when certain item is equipped. When that functionality is fully implemented I think what I was trying to achieve will be the first thing that many modders will do :D

Archived