I'm thrilled with the new version but (it's nobody's fault but mine) having problem to understand how to tweak/set new feature (animation tagging). If someone can provide short explanation how that works, I'll be very grateful. Thank you.

all right I love this mod but this is really really irritating.  it was working right up to the point where I am tasked to head to the refuge.  Now  every time I try to move to the Refuge I get a CTD.  I've even tried using the coc console commands and still CTD.  was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before and how do you go about fixing it.

I have never had any CTDs with "Refuge". Not since the first release of this wonderful mod.

Just asking: do you have all requirements?

(Requires: SexLab, SexLab Aroused [Redux], SKSE, SkyUI MCM, Fuz Ro D-oh)

If you do have all requirements, do you happenly have some mod that changes Dawnstar surroundings/environment? Because, if you have all requirements and there is nothing in the conflict with Dawnstar environment, there is no reason for "Refuge" not to work.

I have all the requirements and the only think that I can think of that might mess with dawnstar enviroment is Immersive patrols and populated towns, forts and roads.

Can you be more precise about what you mean with "when I move to the refuge"? When exactly does the CTD happen? Is it when you open the refuge door, or when you fast travel to Dawnstar, or when you run to Dawnstar, and if the latter, how far away are you when it happens and does it always happen at the same point? When you load a save just before the quest is started and move to dibella's refuge then in the same way, do you still get the CTD? Do you have a papyrus log (or can you create one) from the session in which you talk to Senna and she tells you to go to dibella's refuge?

When Senna tells you to go to the refuge the only thing that really changes in Tamriel world is:

1. The dummy door that is in the side of the altar is disabled

2. A regular (locked) door leading to the Dibella's Refuge cell is enabled in the same place

3. The map marker to Dibella's Refuge is enabled, which points to the newly enabled door

Therefor if you have the map marker pointing to Dibella's Refuge (Rather than to the "Dibella altar door") all these actions were done correctly. All of this is pretty benign and there's not much that can go wrong with it. The resources used (the door and stone arch) are just standard resources from the CK that are used all throughout the world - so it's not likely there's any problem with those.

I can fast travel to dawnstar and then I move in the direction of the refuge.   when I get within like maybe 10 yards in game it CTD.

try a different approach, fast travel to the Hearthfire home near dawnstar (Hjell-whatchacallit) and approach the refuge from that direction, CTD again.  open console and use TMM 1 to activate the marker and try to fast travel to it.  CTD.  get desperate and try to use the COC console command and still get a CTD.

I'll enable papyrus and see if I can get a log.

I'm thrilled with the new version but (it's nobody's fault but mine) having problem to understand how to tweak/set new feature (animation tagging). If someone can provide short explanation how that works, I'll be very grateful. Thank you.

First you need to decide what you want to do with it. Since you did not specify, I will take an example from my own installation: on my installation I did not have any MMM threesome animations. That means that whenever a group of 3 males gets together in an orgy, SLEN will search for MMM animations, it will find none of them, and it will then default to letting the group use any random 3some animation (i.e. a FMM, FFM or FFF animation).

Now in these cases, I would much rather that my happy male threesome used an FMM animation, and not an FFM or FFF animation, because obviously a FMM animation is going to fit them better. So the purpose in this case is to add the MMM tag to the suitable FMM animations, so that these will be used for groups of 3 males in orgies.

You can start by loading the set of all MMM Threesomes, just to verify if it is indeed empty. If it's not empty but only has 1 or 2 animations, you may still decide to create a few extra ones, just to keep things varied. OK now let's create some extra MMM animations.

Step 1: Load the "FMM Threesomes" animation set. This will display all the animations for 3 people that have a 'FMM' tag attached to it. Note that after loading a set, if you hover your mouse cursor over the set name, the hover text at the bottom will show you exactly what the search criteria of the set are.

Step 2: by default all animations will be automatically selected. However you may want to review them first and de-select a couple. If you hover your mouse cursor over any of the animations, the hover text below will show all tags that are currently attached to the animation. Since we're going to attach the MMM tag to these, it may make sense to for example de-select any of the animations that have a "Cunnilingus" tag, because that's just going to look weird with 3 males.

Step 3: after making your choice of animations that you want to process, select the tag that you want to add to them. In this case we were going to add the MMM tag, so select that one.

Step 4: Finally hit the "Click to add" button. This will process all the animations that you selected and add the selected tag (MMM) to the selected animations. You will be asked for confirmation, and after processing you will get a message telling you to how many of the animations the tag was added (if they already had the tag, they will be skipped, the message will tell you how many were skipped for this reason).

Now you're all done. You can verify your actions by loading the set of all MMM Threesomes again. Now that you have added the MMM tag to several of the FMM animations, these animations will show up in the set of MMM Threesomes, and next time you have an orgy with a group of 3 males, instead of defaulting to any random threesome animation, they will pick an animation that you added the MMM tag to.

I have all the requirements and the only think that I can think of that might mess with dawnstar enviroment is Immersive patrols and populated towns, forts and roads.

Can you be more precise about what you mean with "when I move to the refuge"? When exactly does the CTD happen? Is it when you open the refuge door, or when you fast travel to Dawnstar, or when you run to Dawnstar, and if the latter, how far away are you when it happens and does it always happen at the same point? When you load a save just before the quest is started and move to dibella's refuge then in the same way, do you still get the CTD? Do you have a papyrus log (or can you create one) from the session in which you talk to Senna and she tells you to go to dibella's refuge?

When Senna tells you to go to the refuge the only thing that really changes in Tamriel world is:

1. The dummy door that is in the side of the altar is disabled

2. A regular (locked) door leading to the Dibella's Refuge cell is enabled in the same place

3. The map marker to Dibella's Refuge is enabled, which points to the newly enabled door

Therefor if you have the map marker pointing to Dibella's Refuge (Rather than to the "Dibella altar door") all these actions were done correctly. All of this is pretty benign and there's not much that can go wrong with it. The resources used (the door and stone arch) are just standard resources from the CK that are used all throughout the world - so it's not likely there's any problem with those.

I can fast travel to dawnstar and then I move in the direction of the refuge.   when I get within like maybe 10 yards in game it CTD.

try a different approach, fast travel to the Hearthfire home near dawnstar (Hjell-whatchacallit) and approach the refuge from that direction, CTD again.  open console and use TMM 1 to activate the marker and try to fast travel to it.  CTD.  get desperate and try to use the COC console command and still get a CTD.

I'll enable papyrus and see if I can get a log.

Rather mysterious. What you describe sounds as if there is an issue with one of the 3D objects. Can you actually see the door from a distance before you CTD? In other words, do you crash because you get near the door, purely based on distance, or do you actually crash because you have line of sight of the door, i.e. when it gets first drawn into your world?

Perhaps you can narrow it down to the exact object that causes the crash:

1. The door used to access Dibella's Refuge is the exact same door object as the one used at Fellglow Keep ("ImpDoorExtHoleDoorLoadMinUse01"), the one at the bottom of the 8-sided building that is standing against the cliff. Can you approach that door without crashing? Do you have a mod that changes Fellglow Keep, and might have messed with this 3D object?

2. The stone arch around the door is "ImpExtIceDoorhole01" and is used in many places throughout the world. One example is around the Black Door that gives access to the Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Can you approach that door without crashing?

3. Other than that there is only the standard map marker, which is used for every map marker in the game, so this is unlikely to be the culprit.

Edit: it might be hard to have line of sight to the door from a distance, because of its location. You can use free camera mode or no-clipping mode to move your camera up a few feet so you can get a line of sight to it from the road that runs along it.

Hello, I have a question.

I tried to install this mod, but it does not seems to appear in the MCM Menu, even after I refreshed it with the console command.

Do you know why ? Is it because of a compatibility problem or something like that ?

Thanks for your answers.

Please post a relevant papyrus log and load order.

Hello, I have a question.

I tried to install this mod, but it does not seems to appear in the MCM Menu, even after I refreshed it with the console command.

Do you know why ? Is it because of a compatibility problem or something like that ?

Thanks for your answers.

Here are some posts you can check with people reporting a similar problem:

- No resolution heard from this one.

- One user reported this, but see the post directly following it.

- Another asked this, but see the posts directly following it.

People mostly seem to find that if they remove a certain mod it suddenly works again, but in all those cases that I've seen someone else comes along and reports no problem with using both mods together. Which leads me to believe you're probably just hitting some system limits. Too many mods, too many MCM menus, too many badly behaving mods, it's hard to say what the problem exactly is without sitting behind your computer and have a poke around.

There is no doubt SLEN has a big MCM menu, but it's still a lot smaller than SexLab's. What's possibly more important is that it is bigger than 64 KB. I haven't been able to find any documentation on the internals of the papyrus engine but 64 KB is a pretty standard memory allocation block size for script engines of its sort, which may mean that the SLEN MCM menu requires an additional memory allocation for a second block of 64 KB. If your system is memory constrained this could cause delays.

If you have a system with a lot of memory try checking your Skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini file and add the following (or edit the values to the below if the parameters are already there) :

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

ScrapHeapSizeMB=512

I believe the defaults are 512 and 256. I have a machine with 16 GB myself so I can spare a gig here or there. If you have crashes or bigger problems with those values, which probably happens if you have 8 GB or less in your machine, try to at least set the values to 768 and 512, and if that doesn't work try 768 and 256. If you still have problems at that point then this isn't going to help, best restore everything to its original state.

Needless to say start a new game after changing these values to see if it makes a difference, just to make sure there isn't something in your savegame that blocks or delays the MCM menu. If it works on a new game, then try loading a savegame and see if the menu will load.

I've had delays with MCM menus or the occasional need for a kick against ski_configmanagerinstance or whatever the name was in the past, but ever since I changed my skse memory allocations to the above numbers I haven't seen these problems again. Having said that, my installation is very clean, the only errors I tolerate in my papyrus log are from vanilla and USKP scripts, and AFT because I know they're harmless and just need it badly on Legendary difficulty :). Making sure you don't have misbehaving mods in your installation is always the first step at preventing all kinds of mysterious problems.

Sorry but I don't agree with you. What you propose violates a cardinal rule of save games. When I make a change, then try out the effects of that change and decide I don't like them, I need to be able to quit my game, load my last save, and rest assured that I will find the situation as it was when I saved that game. If I do what you propose, this is not the case. If stuff gets saved when I don't save it it doesn't make life easier, just more confusing.

OK, that's fine - different point of view. :) 

As for StorageUtil vs. JsonUtil the issue is non-existent, the File* functions of StorageUtil are simply proxies for the JsonUtil functions, they use the same library.

Maybe, maybe not. StorageUtil requires a manual game save to get the data to write to file, JsonUtil does not.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion, nothing more. Thanks for the awesome mod! :)

interesting discussion and explains why some mod settings persist for me and others don't, speaking as a user can see both sides as i agree its a bit annoying going through a multi page mcm (have 172 mods after all) each time you start up a new game/switching play through (which if i'm understanding saving via json util would remove) but beamer has a good point that when i fuck up a save game i want my save game i reload to work/ have the settings before i started messing around (which again if i'm understanding correctly is why storageutil is used)

Guest ffabris

interesting discussion and explains why some mod settings persist for me and others don't, speaking as a user can see both sides as i agree its a bit annoying going through a multi page mcm (have 172 mods after all) each time you start up a new game/switching play through (which if i'm understanding saving via json util would remove) but beamer has a good point that when i fuck up a save game i want my save game i reload to work/ have the settings before i started messing around (which again if i'm understanding correctly is why storageutil is used)

It really is down to personal preference.

For me, I have never once found myself needing to - or even wanting to - reload an old save just to revert settings. I just change them back, should I need/want to. Much faster than loading a save, in my view.

On the other hand, I "fell in love with" the convenience of auto loaded settings when I first used SSX. I love that they load automatically in a new game, and that I don't have to do the extra step of saving a game to get them to persist. Plus, should I have to revert to an older save for other reasons, I also like that the settings changes that I may have made, will already be there without my having to set them all over again.

Since seeing SSX, I do the same in my own mods (those that have a config). I guess I prefer ease of use over "rules" ;)  [runs VERY fast....]

It really is down to personal preference.

For me, I have never once found myself needing to - or even wanting to - reload an old save just to revert settings. I just change them back, should I need/want to. Much faster than loading a save, in my view.

On the other hand, I "fell in love with" the convenience of auto loaded settings when I first used SSX. I love that they load automatically in a new game, and that I don't have to do the extra step of saving a game to get them to persist. Plus, should I have to revert to an older save for other reasons, I also like that the settings changes that I may have made, will already be there without my having to set them all over again.

Since seeing SSX, I do the same in my own mods (those that have a config). I guess I prefer ease of use over "rules" ;)  [runs VERY fast....]

In my case at any one time I am playing at least 3 different characters (I have 40 characters, most of them lvl 40+) and I tend to use different settings for mods on each one. If every time I changed a setting that change was automatically saved, and then carried over to my other games, I would be royally screwed. Been bitten by that more than once with Frostfall before I remembered to turn it off  on all my saves :)

Beamer - I like remake of the OP. Nice job.

Thanks, figured it was about time I cleaned up that mess. :)

As it happens, today marks the 1st birthday of SLEN (20150716 was the first build, although not officially released until 2 weeks later). In that time it's gotten 214 K views, 63 K downloads, and risen to spot #5 on the "Most downloads past year" list.

Thanks all for the continued support and downloads!

Guest ffabris

In my case at any one time I am playing at least 3 different characters (I have 40 characters, most of them lvl 40+) and I tend to use different settings for mods on each one. If every time I changed a setting that change was automatically saved, and then carried over to my other games, I would be royally screwed. Been bitten by that more than once with Frostfall before I remembered to turn it off  on all my saves :)

Point well made - and taken. :)

As it happens, today marks the 1st birthday of SLEN (20150716 was the first build, although not officially released until 2 weeks later). In that time it's gotten 214 K views, 63 K downloads, and risen to spot #5 on the "Most downloads past year" list.

Congrats!!

Are you planning on adding an option to have more than 3 actors in a scene? I have installed several animations with 3<  actors and i have no idea how to trigger them.

You have to have at least level 3 relationship with both actors (NPCs) that you want to involve in 3 way sex in order to get that option in the dialogue box.