Strange Lockpick glitch

Beornwahl

I recently started to fill my Skyrim version with mods again, and as a natural result ran into the usual bug here and there, but one of bug/glitch has truly baffled me.

When I try to pick a lock, the lockpick will "wiggle" in a hyper sort of way or more calmly and Never under any circumstances succeed in opening the lock. I used lockpick pro to see if the position of the oick was right, which is exactly when it glithes. Should the lockpick be in a position where it cannot open the lock it will still break as it should - it simply does not open the lock anymore.

I tried different locks, no use. I tried different saves, nothing. I tried uninstalling almost all my mods and I still retain the problem.

In the end, and that was what really surprised me, even when I uninstalled the entire game, wiped the pref and other docs, and reinstalled everything through steam, started a new game, the glitch is still there.

I sincerely hope one of you out there can point out that I have merely overlooked the extreme obvious, or have done something stupid.   

Well, i had this bug when using the Merged Thievery Skill mod with SSR - Skyrim Skills Redesigned. It was the most frustrating bug ever! Not even novice locks could be picked, and the only way i found out of this was using the Remove Lockpicking skse plugin. After some time i removed both, installed Perkus Maximus and did a new game. You said you removed most of your mods and even wiped everything out, so i really can't help you, apart from the remove lockpicking mod.

The Remove might just patch it, thanks, the glitch naturally remains and a part of the game is lost, but it sure is better than my current situation.

Does anyone have experience with self-made follies that remains after a clean start? 

Archived