[Request] WoW-like Draenei character/race

Meridiam

Hi,

Could a proper draenei character model or race be made, one that looks like the draenei from WoW. From all the current ones I have seen none of them really hit the spot. They all just look like a normal human character with a blue tint and weirdly placed horns and hooves that don't seem anything like they are part of the character  :-/ . I have tried to get the models from WoW and tried to import and reconfigure them to work in skyrim, but I dont know anything about 3d modelling or animations so it was a complete fail.

If a proper body and face, with the walk and run animations could be made that would be brilliant  :D

Unfortunately Dagren's suggestion above is about as good as it will get.

For it to really look like a wow Draenei - a custom skeleton, body (and a potential rework of all armor and clothing) and probably completely new animations will be required. 

Pieces of armor/clothing (and the body itself) rigged/skinned to particular bones will follow their positioning and scaling etc.  and I don't know if anybody has ever tried taking a skeleton and repositioning and shortening the thighs and calves and lengthening the feet while scaling up the toe bones to mimic the hooves.

It's a big project to do it right in any case.

EDIT : Seems somebody tried the skeleton tweak :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50637/?

Unfortunately Dagren's suggestion above is about as good as it will get.

For it to really look like a wow Draenei - a custom skeleton, body (and a potential rework of all armor and clothing) and probably completely new animations will be required. 

Pieces of armor/clothing (and the body itself) rigged/skinned to particular bones will follow their positioning and scaling etc.  and I don't know if anybody has ever tried taking a skeleton and repositioning and shortening the thighs and calves and lengthening the feet while scaling up the toe bones to mimic the hooves.

It's a big project to do it right in any case.

Exactly.

But there are so many assests/resources lying around, everyone can make their own draenei character easily. If you have a basic knowledge about file types and file structures.

There are even a wearable hooves mods and wearable tails. Just replace their mesh with the one from the Draenei race and its done.

Archived