[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

If Dewguru wants to work on something else instead, and doesn't mind, I might take a stab at getting 1.25 compatible with the new update. I have a lot on my plate the next two weeks though, so it won't likely be soon.

I've updated the mod for myself but won't release it without dewguru's permission.

Some notes that might help dewguru updating to 2.5.1 I used minmerge to compare basegame folder and mod.

job_titles/00_job_titles.txt can be deleted as all the areas modded originally to it were moved to scripted_triggers/00_scripted_triggers.txt only thing in the original that you might want to mess with are the opinion modifiers as they were nerfed in conclave.

The only other files you really need to compare and fix are feudal_governments.txt, generalstuff.gfx, portrait_properties.txt, portrait_sprites.gfx, succession_laws.txt

feudal_governments.txt has a new line near bottom that needs added in mod.

generalstuff.gfx has 2 new sprite types added to the middle of it.

portrait_properties.txt has a change near top that needs moved to mod.

portrait_sprites.gfx has one change at top but I didn't change it from your version and game works fine but paradox moved/removed GFX_player_overlay

succession_laws.txt has many changes in 2.5.1 but from what it looks like you only need to worry about enatic laws

other files that your mod overrides (nomadic_governments.txt, portraits.gfx, republic_governments.txt, tribal_governments.txt) are fine

I might of missed something but mod now works for me with new CK2 version.

dewguru, If you need anything please let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Guest arbiter104

This is easily my favorite mod for CK2. You're doing satan's work, son. 

Edit: Also, it's busted right now, but I'll check back in a few days. 

This is easily my favorite mod for CK2. You're doing satan's work, son. 

Edit: Also, it's busted right now, but I'll check back in a few days. 

Don't check back here. This version won't be getting updated any longer. It's getting a new life that will appear over here. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57549-ck2-dark-world-reborn/

I'll most likely begin uploading the files in the new format early next week.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, sorry for the naive question (I apparently can't find the required info on the home page), Which CK2 version is the mod compatible with? I was trying to run it on 2.5.2 but the game crashes on "Loading Database". The log shows  errors in Remedy portraits like:

[persistent.cpp:37]: Error: "Malformed token: yes, near line: 2
" in file: "common/traits/dw_remedy_portrait_traits.txt" near line: 2

This repeats till line 578. I guess it's not compatible with 2.5.2 (Or at least Remedy portraits aren't). 

Just skipped the downgrading and retried without Remedy portraits on 2.5.2. The Game launched normally. Is there a way to make Remedy compatible with 2.5.2 or Do I have to downgrade to 2.4.5?

I've got most of the mod patched for 2.6.1.1 the only problem i'm having is with portrait_properties.txt It looks correct but doesn't seem to be working, if I have that file in the mod directory the game crashes. If I remove it the game and mod runs perfectly, just without the modded portraits.

Right now this is just an Alpha release of the patch, if you want to try it on CK2 2.6.1.1. I'll post 2 7zs below, one will be the patch, without portrait_properties.txt. The other will just be portrait_properties.txt if anyone wants to take a look. I'd appreciate any help with getting it to work.

I kinda merged the latest Remedy method with the old portrait files, new one uses 26(27 first one in each is blank, not used) per file old one uses 21(22 first one in each is blank, not used) new one also has support for more then 4 portrait files, it looks like it should work but it's not.

Dark World Patch 1-25 Patch 2.6.1.1 alpha.7z This is alpha version of my patch. 

Dark World Patch 1-25 Patch 2.6.1.1 alpha -portrait_properties.7z This is just portrait_properties.txt

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was checking out and comparing the content (as in events and scrips that have been edited into it) of both this mod and the dark world reborn mod, and to my surprise, this mod has a lot of features that the other does not have. 

This includes various stores/buildings where you for example can go to the DW-armorer, or get the DW-Fairy.

Any idea if these will actually be taken over to the reborn version?

*note posting in both mod posts*

Archived