[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Good question. I don't see anything in the chest giving code that would cause that, and I usually drive towards Absolute Cognatic, which seems to work. The only time it seems to break is if I trigger a major change in scope, like going from tribal to feudal (it resets to the default feudal inheritance scheme), or if I change from a duchy to a kingdom it'll do a reset as well (which is a pain). I experience this without any mods as well, so I believe it's part of the CK2 experience. The only oddity I've noticed when testing is on my one immortal character test play I just did where I went to where my kids were dying out (to test and see if the image changed), and once I had about 8 or so kids, it'd start declaring I had a new heir whenever I added or loss territory, or when someone of my dynasty died - even if they weren't the heir at that time. Of course it could have been a number of issues, from size of family, to being immortal, to just being the pain that is gavel-kind. I'll keep an eye on it in my next test run on Thursday night, since I didn't know it was a potential issue.

I'm certain it has something to do with Nadamod. I've taken some screens of this bug while playing at 2.3 with Nadamod, and after it's removal Absolute Cognatic worked as intended.

Again, I will do some more testing and see if your mod doesn't do that.

Alright, I playtested for a little and both Immortality and AC succession worked. It seems that my problem with Immortality was a glitch, and Dark World fixes Absolute Cognatic that Nadamod botched.

First two pictures show the succession bug with standalone Nadamod, in the rest of them there are no problems with Dark World.

post-561047-0-26552500-1439357184_thumb.jpg

post-561047-0-77312700-1439357191_thumb.jpg

post-561047-0-11127500-1439364792_thumb.jpg

post-561047-0-56854100-1439364797_thumb.jpg

post-561047-0-61705800-1439364829_thumb.jpg

post-561047-0-86812800-1439364832_thumb.jpg

I'm certain it has something to do with Nadamod. I've taken some screens of this bug while playing at 2.3 with Nadamod, and after it's removal Absolute Cognatic worked as intended.

Again, I will do some more testing and see if your mod doesn't do that.

Alright, I playtested for a little and both Immortality and AC succession worked. It seems that my problem with Immortality was a glitch, and Dark World fixes Absolute Cognatic that Nadamod botched.

First two pictures show the succession bug with standalone Nadamod, in the rest of them there are no problems with Dark World.

Whew. That's good to hear. I appreciate your taking the time to run a test yourself.

Also when you work as experienced whore sometimes it triggers a event where a group of nobles use you and it says that there is a chance to get pregnant but I didnt see her beoming pregnant even once.

Also is there something like you can enslave prisoners (kinda like concubins) cause I have prisoners and I didn't see that added while I thought it was (coud have been another mod)

Whew. That's good to hear. I appreciate your taking the time to run a test yourself.

No sweat.

Also, did I just bed my underage son? Put that on "r/shitcrusaderkingssay."

Heh, yeah. That was the error I mentioned I found in my recent testing. It's supposed to be an event where a mother may catch her son, or a father may catch their daughter masturbating, and then options go from there. The error has it firing a lot, and without a care as to whether it's mother or father.

I believe I've got it addressed now and am about to test it.

They also just released update 2.4.3 via Steam, so I'll be testing it on that version as well to see how things go.

Also when you work as experienced whore sometimes it triggers a event where a group of nobles use you and it says that there is a chance to get pregnant but I didnt see her beoming pregnant even once.

Also is there something like you can enslave prisoners (kinda like concubins) cause I have prisoners and I didn't see that added while I thought it was (coud have been another mod)

Are you also running the Christianity mod?

The functionality you're talking about is from nadamod and both Dark World and Christianity use this component of nadamod, so it may be another unintended error (like saves losing brothels). If you're seeing this using only Dark World, then I'll look at updating it to the new pregnancy check that I'm using in other parts that seems to be working fine.

Are you also running the Christianity mod?

No im not. only running your mod and my own custom trait mod but that shouldn't interfere (is only a trait)

I'm uncertain what's going on then. When I just tested it, my play through had her getting knocked up on each attempt when she got gang-banged, but not once when she said "sure, come inside".

Since it is a random number generator handling the potential impregnation, with it being weighted by the participants fertility, I can't really say much else other than perhaps you're getting crappy roles at the moment.

I'll keep an eye on it, and it's marked for being overhauled in the future, but not at the moment.

Bah. I keep tweaking things and I'm probably getting distracted. I'll be releasing the next update tomorrow, v0.40, which was meant to be just sort of a preparation for the next stage of items, and then I found myself adding little things and deciding some items would do better triggering a different way.

It's stable, more so than v0.30 was, and it's a decent size, so I'm going to release it. It should address a couple of the issues that have been raised, and I realized that part of the reason why I may not be able to reproduce a couple issues, is because I'm using v0.40 and those asking questions aren't.

When the update hits, it's one that will require you to delete the old Dark World mod directory, as just overwriting files will leave some garbage behind (I've removed a couple files, so they won't be overwritten and thus would cause issues if left behind).

Bah. I keep tweaking things and I'm probably getting distracted. I'll be releasing the next update tomorrow, v0.40, which was meant to be just sort of a preparation for the next stage of items, and then I found myself adding little things and deciding some items would do better triggering a different way.

It's stable, more so than v0.30 was, and it's a decent size, so I'm going to release it. It should address a couple of the issues that have been raised, and I realized that part of the reason why I may not be able to reproduce a couple issues, is because I'm using v0.40 and those asking questions aren't.

When the update hits, it's one that will require you to delete the old Dark World mod directory, as just overwriting files will leave some garbage behind (I've removed a couple files, so they won't be overwritten and thus would cause issues if left behind).

Will saves from .3 version be compatible with the newer one?

Will saves from .3 version be compatible with the newer one?

Extremely unlikely. From what I understand about save compatibility, this update would not be compatible.

And honestly, until I hit the goal of version 1.0, I'm not worrying about save compatibility. That aside - I won't purposefully break things, but since this one requires the old directory being deleted before dropping the newest one, I believe there would be flags and events still in the save file that would no longer exist and you'd risk a crash to desktop or lag as the ai tries to deal with some things that no longer exist.

When it's an update that can just be dropped on top of the previous file, then odds of save compatibility are higher. And from my planning, we're looking at at least two more updates that will be like this one.

Extremely unlikely. From what I understand about save compatibility, this update would not be compatible.

And honestly, until I hit the goal of version 1.0, I'm not worrying about save compatibility. That aside - I won't purposefully break things, but since this one requires the old directory being deleted before dropping the newest one, I believe there would be flags and events still in the save file that would no longer exist and you'd risk a crash to desktop or lag as the ai tries to deal with some things that no longer exist.

When it's an update that can just be dropped on top of the previous file, then odds of save compatibility are higher. And from my planning, we're looking at at least two more updates that will be like this one.

Alright, makes sense.

For some reason I get blank messages at the start of the game, and I can't select any option on them so I'm stuck. I'm using CK 2.3 and Way of Life DLC

You use 0.30 and that 1 was made for 2.4.2 I thought so wait for 0.40 (will be out in around 24 hours accoring to author)

also check for other mods you have cause they may be breaking dark world.

Say, will V0.40 does some modification to [00,01,02] traits file? (the vanilla traits file)

Cause I am using other vanilla traits enhance so I have to manually delete or make all vanilla traits file (00,01,02) having the same attributes and names or they will get duplicated and crash me to desktop.

Currently I delete your V0.30's [00,01,02 traits] in order to make vanilla traits function as intended.

EDIT:

Nvm, it seem you remove them in V0.40

For some reason I get blank messages at the start of the game, and I can't select any option on them so I'm stuck. I'm using CK 2.3 and Way of Life DLC

I think that was mentions on page 1-2 of this thread. 

And like Lerioandfg said, the 0.30 won't run with CK2 below 2.4.2 version. 

Say, will V0.40 does some modification to [00,01,02] traits file? (the vanilla traits file)

Cause I am using other vanilla traits enhance so I have to manually delete or make all vanilla traits file (00,01,02) having the same attributes and names or they will get duplicated and crash me to desktop.

Currently I delete your V0.30's [00,01,02 traits] in order to make vanilla traits function as intended.

EDIT:

Nvm, it seem you remove them in V0.40

I think that was mentions on page 1-2 of this thread. 

And like Lerioandfg said, the 0.30 won't run with CK2 below 2.4.2 version. 

Hrm, that doesn't sound right since I've never using any of the vanilla trait files. Even looking at what is uploaded and still available, when I unzip it, there are no 00,01,02's showing under traits.

What you're experiencing isn't a Dark World issue in that regard, sorry.

And thank you for pointing R_dahri to needing at least 2.4.2. It really helps when others pitch in on answering questions.

And thank you for pointing R_dahri to needing at least 2.4.2. It really helps when others pitch in on answering questions.

Really? I'm running 2.4.1. and haven't seen any problems yet.

I've only tested it on CK2 build 2.4.2 and 2.4.3. If you're not having any problems, then that's great news. Several folks running it on one of the 2.3 versions reported issues.

If someone asks me what it works on though, my response can only reliably be what I tested it on. I'm glad to know it works on 2.4.1 and hopefully others who are using it will find value in the mod as well.

I'm not certain what 2.4.2 brought to the table exactly, but I will say that 2.4.3 had a long list of core CK2 bug fixes, with the patch being larger than the Horse Lords DLC I believe.

Here is the massive Paradox change log for 2.4.3 (in spoiler below). One word of caution though, while it seems to have corrected issues, it does not appear to have been save game compatible. So I'd only upgrade to 2.4.3 if you're done with your current sessions.

2015-07-23 v2.4.3

---------------------------

MAJOR:

- No longer loops through every dead character and inactive title at monthly tick anymore, should help with late game performance

- Optimized trade routes update frequency

MINOR:

- Republic campaign funds visible to all

- AI more aggressive in campaigning for the doge title

- better trade post distances when port is within the same sea zone as owned territory

- shortcut tooltips look better when only info in tooltip

- The info button will close the info-window if already open

- AI accept chances more precise when writing '+'

- Regent accept tooltip uses actual base reluctance (needs to be definite yes)

- Fixed a bug in the province center point calculation, distances between provinces should be more consistent now

- Fixed a bug allowing you to abandon trade posts in your provinces regardless if you owned the trade post or not.

- Antipopes should now seize the treasury of the Vatican if their claim on the Papacy is pressed.

- Lobby diplomacy items are now spaced correctly.

- The republic view won't display dead heirs anymore.

- Stewardship bonus from character focus now influences the demesne tax bonus correctly.

- Observer players will no longer get stuck in the game after the server had been lost.

- When playing a nomad, settling as a merchant republic through a holding owned by a vassal merchant republic won't lead to duplicate family palaces and non-merchant patricians anymore.

- Fixed shortcuts in the end of battle and end of siege screens, the goto option is now bound to the "g" key.

- The game won't think any fabricated claim is a claim on Canaries in the learning scenario anymore.

- Minor clan rebel starting troop numbers are now being scaled with the khagan's population and they decrease the khagan's population by 10%.

- Fixed a bug that was preventing wars to update properly when an unlanded character won a title for which there was another war in progress.

- Added a confirmation dialog for disbanding individual regiments.

- Portraits in the republic view are now being updated correctly.

- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused allies to be hostile towards each other if there was a revolt war without a temporary title.

- Nomads are no longer blocked from moving their capital to provinces with ongoing trade post and fort constructions.

- Revolting nomad vassals won't become independent when losing a title in aother war anymore.

- Raiding adventurers will no longer end up as landless clan vassals under a khagan when leading a revolt and losing all landed titles in another war.

- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause laws to change incorrectly for rebels after their war ends.

- Unattackable non-nomad counts won't exist anymore.

- Unlanded characters inheriting duchy or higher titles won't prefer feudal government when the predecessor was not feudal anymore.

- Unlanded characters getting titles in wars for claim won't prefer feudal government when the previous holder was not feudal anymore.

- Various fixes to event triggers etc.

- Various minor text fixes and improvements.

- Various improvements to decision tooltips.

- Corrected the Serbian and Bulgarian names for Dyrrachion.

- Fixed a bug that made Hellenic Pagan religion available in the Ruler Designer.

- Tweaks and balancing to the decisions for creating Portugal, Castille and Aragon, including more informative tooltips.

- The Kingdom of Leon can now be created by the holder of the Kingdom of Asturias.

- Added more characters and dynasties to the Steppes.

- Rebalanced the effects of the decisions for expelling and readmitting the Jews, and also improved the tooltips for those decisions.

- The Duchy of Livonia is now part of the de jure Kingdom of Finland at all start dates.

- A character can no longer be slandered with bastardry rumors if they already a known bastard.

- Fixed a bug that allowed a ruler to be attacked with two pagan subjugation wars simultaneously.

- Robert II de Hesbaye (Capet ancestor) is now playable in 769.

- Random looting events are now working properly again.

- The chance to have twins is increased if mother and/or grandmothers had twins.

- Chronicle random events aren't "Serpents" every time.

- No longer inactivates titular titles that should be creatable (Caliphates, Duchy of Visby, etc.)

- Can no longer search for inactive titles in the find title dialog

- Fixed capital problem inheritance for gavelkind that could occur with custom kingdoms and Elective Gavelkind where it would give away your only Province.

- Patricians are richer and need large courts so they are better prepared to deal with epidemics and won't get infected by being overcrowded anymore

- Added better protection to the immediate family of a landed ruler from epidemics and overcrowded modifier

- Should now properly remove nomad capitals if supposed to and also search through for duplicates in the province

- Fixed revolting viceroys becoming normal rulers upon war invalidation

- Should always reset the tributary status if your liege is a tributary or suzerain

- Fixed problem where you could get stuck in a war with your prepared invasions target and receive the penalties for expiring the invasion timer

- Fixed with colors for raiders and made colors also differ more per tier level

- Fixed outdated localization for forts

- Fixed so dead people should no longer be title claimants, should no longer make dead people win crusades.

- Lowered the amount of dignity de-jure capital gives so Kingdom of Venice don't get more dignity than Empire of Italia.

- Added historical rulers for Sri Lanka.

- Converting to local religion via decision now costs Prestige and gives Piety.

- Pagan AI rulers now take more factors into account when greeting foreign preachers and deciding whether to convert. Factors include realm size, the threat of dangerous holy wars, desire to reform their government, Pagan homeland attrition etc.

- Unreformed Paganism is now much less likely to stay on as a major force after the first 2-3 centuries in early starts.

- Non-nomadic characters won't ensure non-empty primary holdings in their counties on inheritance if that inheritance will make them nomadic.

- The game will now detect rare cases of nomad capital holdings being in non-capital provinces and automatically fix the issue.

- Fixed a bug when provinces were incorrectly evaluated as occupied in some rare circumstances.

- Fixed so governments are not re-evaluated on reloading a save, they should now be persistent.

- Ticking war score won't be based on de jure titles for non-de jure casus bellis anymore.

- Attrition information won't obscure the selection button when multiple units are selected anymore.

- Nomad buildings unlocks will now be shown in technology tooltips when playing a nomad.

- Technology view building unlock tooltips formatting improved.

- Tribal holdings won't lose a part of their levy numbers incorrectly on succession anymore.

- Disease icons no longer overlap trade route icons in the province view.

- Dynasty name and patrician house title name are now being kept in sync when renmaing one of them.

- Fixed a bug where the game could hang after a nomad settled in a province with no de jure empire.

- Mongol Empire, Golden Horde and Chagatai AI nomads don't settle anymore.

- Tribals don't switch their government to feudal when a kingdom is created on elective gavelkind succession anymore.

- Merchant republics are not blocked from building a trade post on a trade route if they own the province anymore.

- Revoked title's succession law now switches to nomadic correctly when a nomad gets the title.

- Invalid title relations where county holder is different than the capital holding holder (if not empty) are now being detected and fixed each day.

- Next college cardinal score is now always 0 for incapable and imprisoned characters.

- Non-khagan nomads can't subjugate empires anymore.

- Provinces with only one holdings are now counted as nomadic counties owned by a nomad for clan land size computations.

- Both clan limit and clan land demand now only take nomadic counties into account.

- Minor clan revolt leader dying now causes the war to end properly.

- Betrothals don't invalidate the "Get Married" ambition anymore.

- Baronies that for some reason end up not being vassals of the county they're in are not getting stuck in the old realm when somebody wins the county in a war.

- If you have 50% or more horse archers you can no longer trigger the harass tactic

- Can now stop an on-going assault

- Tweaks to diseases so they don't outbreak as often

- Now displays population instead of demesne in character view for nomads

- Now disables the banish button if it is not a valid action on a prisoner

- Now Linux can also use the social media buttons!

- Fixed succession bug caused in republics if the doge was revolting against his liege

- Portraits in the title view now update correctly each time the view is opened.

- Fixed a barber view crash.

- Fixed a rare crash that could happen when saving the game after a settlement had been destroyed and not cleaned up properly.

- Laws for ducal titles now reset to default laws when the title is granted to someone else.

- Female heir vassal opinion penalty doesn't apply to viceroylaty titles anymore.

- Khan's can no longer conquer their way into the Holy See, they have to be elected like everybody else

- Fixed bug causing assault to not be properly stopped

- Fixed problem with inheritance of claims in history

- Fixed problem when Nomads becomming unlanded preventing them from transforming into raiding adventurers

- Capital is now set correctly when creating Castille, if Burgos province is owned.

- Fixed a bunch of text and other interface issues in the Spanish kingdom creation decisions and events.

- Added missing icons for the "Create Castille/Portugal/Aragon" decisons.

- Added new "W" icon for Wikipedia links.

- Can no longer trigger raid tactic if 50% of your army are horse archers.

- Constantinople province now has shipyards from 769.

- Events pop up on load again

- Inviting mercenaries to feasts now fire correctly

- Usurp title more consistent

MODDING:

- The spawn_unit effect now supports scaling the troop numbers according to population.

- Use scaled_with_population_of to set a character or title whose population will be used for scaling.

- Use for_population to set the reference population the troops numbers are meant for. The troop numbers will linearly scale when the actual population differs from for_population.

- Added a add_population_scaled effect which adds/subtracts a portion of target's population.

- The game won't crash after increasing MAX_LEADERSHIP_TRAITS anymore. However, only 2 trait icons will be displayed in the minor title view unless you add more of them to honorary_titles_view_item.

- Fixed that count value wasn't used by the any_* effects

- Added MAX_HOLDINGS_IN_NOMADIC_PROVINCE define that sets how many holdings a county can have in order for it to be counted as nomadic county owned by a nomad for clan land size computations.

- Fixed in prison trigger so it works when checking if he is not a prisoner when the character is dead as well

CONVERTER:

- Fixed converter crash with specific scenario that had happened in a save

So I did a Byzantine empire run with Dark World 0.3 active. And the Succubus Seduction is actually pretty balanced by how long it takes to seduce people from other realms in the latest patches. And frankly, it's not like a ruler couldn't arrange for every single character in their domain to die anyway, so seducing and draining courtiers is now a fun way to get health.

But I did find the free 75% success-chance assassination to be exceedingly strong. I'd recommend adding a gold cost depending on the rank of the person being assassinated.

Anyway, the new additions have been great and I'm about to start a 0.4 game. I hope you keep up the excellent work!

Pregnancy is a little messed up now. Had five children in over the span of seven months. Some of then without being pregnant.

Can you share what you did before the pregnancies started to happen?

I encountered it just recently after having my ruler whore themselves out. Nothing related to that changed, and in doing some checking, I found where some other mods have been impacted by such an event, so I'm wondering if it may be the new 2.4.3 patch from CK2, which would mean that I may have missed an impact on the mod from the patch - which also leads to the next question - what version of CK2 are you running?

So I did a Byzantine empire run with Dark World 0.3 active. And the Succubus Seduction is actually pretty balanced by how long it takes to seduce people from other realms in the latest patches. And frankly, it's not like a ruler couldn't arrange for every single character in their domain to die anyway, so seducing and draining courtiers is now a fun way to get health.

But I did find the free 75% success-chance assassination to be exceedingly strong. I'd recommend adding a gold cost depending on the rank of the person being assassinated.

Anyway, the new additions have been great and I'm about to start a 0.4 game. I hope you keep up the excellent work!

I intend on expanding on the assassination functionality, and while I like the high chance of success, I do feel that it needs more to balance it other than having to wait three months for it to resolve, so more will come in balancing that out. I appreciate the feedback though.

So, is there any chance the Futanari trait can be inherited?

Futa characters having both chest and penis sizes is a nice touch.

And speaking of dicks, with addition of different bulge sizes should we expect some sort of incubus powers? Basically, mirror succubus abilities for male rulers.

Also, can option "Motivate Chancellor" be added to other chancellors?

It seem that I manually mod the mods too much and confuse Dark World with other mods. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Btw, does AI was allowed to use assassination? (I believe they does).

On version 0.30 of Dark World, my character was assassinated by these apple-lover being. And about expanding, would you...

-expand on defending your character from assassin?

-expand on running your own assassin organization? (more building, event. Maybe the assassin chance of success depend on this)

Bug I found in 0.40V

-Shopping seem to does nothing. I trigger it in decision, got 2 options ("go to emporium" , and "on second thought, no"). Both decision does nothing. Only the 1st time this decision happen that I got some feed back event. (I choose "go to emporium" and got message event that only said something like "shopping is fun" and I got no choice like in the event script file I dig from your mod).

>>> I also accidentally click 'go shopping' decision again before my character receive the 'buy xxx' event, maybe this is the cause. I will try to investigate further.

Edit:

>>> I use console command to play as other female ruler (in the same game) and built the emporium. The 'go shopping' decision also didn't seem to trigger further event chain. I got absolute no feedback.

And thank you for this awesome mod. It's really improve my CK2 experience 

Archived