[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

This happened every time the gane starts.

Hrm. Can you share what other mods you're running, your build version of CK2, and your starting conditions so I can try and replicate it? And just to be certain, you do have the CK2 Way of Life DLC?

And if you used a previous version, did you over-write all existing files when dropping in this mod?

And one last question - where exactly did you install the mod?

I've just completed running what was posted, both through the CK2 Validator and I've done a couple start-ups (one as a male, one as a female) and ran through a couple years of game play without the empty window message box spam.

When those boxes appear, it is usually due to an error in an event (which the validator should catch and should be easy to replicate), or it's due to an mod installation error.

This last update had a lot of alterations. If you were running v0.1 or 0.2, you may want to fully delete the Dark World folder before pulling over 0.3.

This happened every time the gane starts.

Hrm. Can you share what other mods you're running, your build version of CK2, and your starting conditions so I can try and replicate it? And just to be certain, you do have the CK2 Way of Life DLC?

And if you used a previous version, did you over-write all existing files when dropping in this mod?

And one last question - where exactly did you install the mod?

I've just completed running what was posted, both through the CK2 Validator and I've done a couple start-ups (one as a male, one as a female) and ran through a couple years of game play without the empty window message box spam.

When those boxes appear, it is usually due to an error in an event (which the validator should catch and should be easy to replicate), or it's due to an mod installation error.

This last update had a lot of alterations. If you were running v0.1 or 0.2, you may want to fully delete the Dark World folder before pulling over 0.3.

I'm also running christianity mod, nadamod and underhanded tactics, but the problem also appeared when I tried to run dark world alone. 

I do have Way of Life, but I'm not sure of the build version of ck2, how can I check it?

I used the same installation process, in the mod folder. Previous version was ok. First what I did was just overwrite the files, then because of the problem, I deleted the mod to reinstall the mod, but didn't work. Let me know if you need any other information to help.

I'm also running christianity mod, nadamod and underhanded tactics, but the problem also appeared when I tried to run dark world alone. 

I do have Way of Life, but I'm not sure of the build version of ck2, how can I check it?

I used the same installation process, in the mod folder. Previous version was ok. First what I did was just overwrite the files, then because of the problem, I deleted the mod to reinstall the mod, but didn't work. Let me know if you need any other information to help.

Hrm, I'm going to guess you're running the 2.4.2 build. You can see it when the game starts up in the lower left hand corner.

Can you share the age and country that you're using? And am I correct in the boxes show up in the first month? And when they do, is there another event firing at the time that does appear to be working properly?

Hrm, I'm going to guess you're running the 2.4.2 build. You can see it when the game starts up in the lower left hand corner.

Can you share the age and country that you're using? And am I correct in the boxes show up in the first month? And when they do, is there another event firing at the time that does appear to be working properly?

It is version 2.3

Using early middle ages, playin with Croatia. And yes, it shows up in the first month, it is the very first event that appears. There wasn't any previous one working properly.

It is version 2.3

Using early middle ages, playin with Croatia. And yes, it shows up in the first month, it is the very first event that appears. There wasn't any previous one working properly.

Turned out the issue was indeed my game version. Updated and it's working fine now. Thank you!

It is version 2.3

Turned out the issue was indeed my game version. Updated and it's working fine now. Thank you!

I'm glad to hear you got it working. At least we know now for certain that not having 2.4.2 can cause that issue.

So, I loaded up my cheat-mod-testing save from 2.3 and, somehow, every unmarried female courtier turned into an immortal rape victim. I guess previous saves aren't compatible?

And speaking of immortality, is it possible to stop characters from aging? By that I mean disabling the portrait change at the age of 30 and 50? Because it would be strange being a succubus and not keeping your beauty.

Also, there is no piety loss from sacrificing peasants.

The mod is really entertaining. I can't wait for updates.

So, I loaded up my cheat-mod-testing save from 2.3 and, somehow, every unmarried female courtier turned into an immortal rape victim. I guess previous saves aren't compatible?

And speaking of immortality, is it possible to stop characters from aging? By that I mean disabling the portrait change at the age of 30 and 50? Because it would be strange being a succubus and not keeping your beauty.

Also, there is no piety loss from sacrificing peasants.

The mod is really entertaining. I can't wait for updates.

I can only confirm that the mod works with 2.4.2. Some else had an error, and after they updated to 2.4.2, the error went away.

I also should start adding some clarifications though, as the updates that come out, aren't likely to be save compatible at all. That's my fault though for not being clearer on that.

Regarding immortality, there isn't a method that I could find which would allow me to simply alter the age (my original plan wasn't immortality, but rather a reduction in your ruler's age, which would lead to some planning, as if you're at war, you're too busy to hold the Blood Moon celebration. Alas, after researching it, I only found others who had the same desire as I, yet no one had a method for handling it outside of immortality.

Regarding aging and picture change, that's a core file thing and something that I'm not dabbling in at this point with the mod, plus it would hit everyone, not just the immortal player.

I see what you mean about the piety loss. Thanks for bringing it up and I'm looking into it.

Some else had an error, and after they updated to 2.4.2, the error went away.

Yeah, it was both masc78 and me.

my original plan wasn't immortality, but rather a reduction in your ruler's age, which would lead to some planning, as if you're at war, you're too busy to hold the Blood Moon celebration

So, each Blood Moon celebration would knock some years down? That does sound reasonable and could be a decent gameplay mechanic.

Alas, after researching it, I only found others who had the same desire as I, yet no one had a method for handling it outside of immortality.

And that's a real shame.

Regarding aging and picture change, that's a core file thing and something that I'm not dabbling in at this point with the mod, plus it would hit everyone, not just the immortal player.

I see. I had a feeling that would be the case.

I see what you mean about the piety loss. Thanks for bringing it up and I'm looking into it.

Sure, it was my pleasure.

P.S. I tried to edit the quotes to be more compact, but no luck.

Running Dark World and Christianity together and the brothel intrigue seems to have disappeared? Any ideas?

There were mentions of having the brothel disappear with both mods running, so your brothel might have to be rebuilt, though i think it had repeated disappearances.

This will no longer be an issue with the v0.40 release coming later this week.

Here's the present change log for v0.40.

v0.40

- Buildings, buildings, buildings. Some previously planned, others inspired by the nomad additions from the recent DLC

- Moved slave market to city, added slave pens for tribal, slavers dungeon for castle

- Removed nadamod buildings (to remove a potential conflict issue with Christianity mod)

- Added Bordello for castles, Red Light District for cities

- Added Warrior's Circle for tribal, Arena for castle, Coliseum for city

- Added Armorer for tribal, Master Armorer for castle (improves defensive quality of some units)    

- Added Exotic Emporium for a capital castle. An inspired take on nadamod's Silk Workshop, with stuff for females to buy currently

- The futanari who is gifted to you by the traveling merchant can now be used in one of your court positions, the martial one can also command troops

- Some more new traits for use by other events, plus a -50 year cheat trait for use in Ruler Designer

- Guys get dick sizes now (tiny, average, big, huge), this involved more nadamod integration, resulting in nada_on_actions no longer being used

- Corrected an error in the Blood Moon event that wasn't handling piety gain/loss correctly

I've a couple more things to add, then it's time for me to begin testing before releasing it.

I found that your mod didn't appear in download section yet.

So the mod didn't evaluate the 0.3 yet? I am curious how mod update work here.

Edit:

What do you think of implementing other 'mystical' creatures?

-'unicorn' who will only let virgin (or female they deflower) capture them.

Edit:

I've actually pondered this exact topic some. So far in my pondering, I've not figured out a solid way to track whether someone is a virgin or not, although every release my knowledge of the system improves, so there's hope.

Outside of that, I've drafted some other mystical things, such as if your ruler takes the Hunter focus, then you get some monster hunting type events.

EDIT - file removed as it is no longer the current version.

I recently downloaded a mod called TheGods and it used the principle of not aging people (gods) and the portraits didnt age if I recall correctly so maybe you can look into that and recreate that :)

I love your mod btw. just found it today but eager to try it out.

I just ran a test with the Dark World, obtained the immortality trait, and without doing anything special, my image did not progress as the years rolled on. My husband grew old and died, yet my ruler remained looking like she was still in her mid-20's, although she reached old age.

So it likely a normal condition within the game that you don't age when immortal.

I never paid much attention to it before, until logincrash posed the question. So I assumed based on the question that there is aging, but I've not been able to reproduce it on my immortal character (running only my Dark World mod, no others, and CK2 build 2.4.2 with all the DLC).

Thanks for the kind words regarding the mod too.

tnx for the response I tried it out and I really liked it. I also read about that when you are a prisoner you can offer yourself was that this mod or another because that would be a fast way of breaking out,

also I digged around in your files and saw that there were a lot of event while I didnt see a lot of them. I had a succabus and she was a experienced whore but wouldn't rank up no matter how many times I tried and then I looked into it 'cause I thought it was the last rank but apparenty it wasnt so how many times does it take to get to the last rank of whore? (cause it earns a lot of money :) )

*edit*

I also have a question: 

Is there a way to cure syphillis because my succabus got it when she was seducing people

I never paid much attention to it before, until logincrash posed the question. So I assumed based on the question that there is aging, but I've not been able to reproduce it on my immortal character (running only my Dark World mod, no others, and CK2 build 2.4.2 with all the DLC).

Huh, I guess it has something to do with my game. The only other mod I run Dark World with is Underhanded Tactics. Or maybe it was just a one time glitch. I'm gonna do more testing then.

On another note, as I recall Nadamod had trouble with Absolute Cognatic succession. It removed adult female heirs from the line of succession by adding them chest traits. I'm asking about it here because, as you said, Nadamod is discontinued.

Edit:

I've actually pondered this exact topic some. So far in my pondering, I've not figured out a solid way to track whether someone is a virgin or not, although every release my knowledge of the system improves, so there's hope.

Outside of that, I've drafted some other mystical things, such as if your ruler takes the Hunter focus, then you get some monster hunting type events.

I'm not certain what's taking so long for v0.30 to get cleared through the site's moderator approval thingy, so I've attached v0.30 above.

My idea on tracking virgin (which likely not work since I don't know how CK2 modding and system work) is to put 

'virgin' trait which will be lose if that character is [marry, rape, work as prostitute, trigger hunter focus event]. Just add little script after those event to remove the trait.

Actually, was the vanilla has any 'sex' record? (to track who is the father, etc).

and would those mystical things be included in 0.40? They sound really awesome.

tnx for the response I tried it out and I really liked it. I also read about that when you are a prisoner you can offer yourself was that this mod or another because that would be a fast way of breaking out,

also I digged around in your files and saw that there were a lot of event while I didnt see a lot of them. I had a succabus and she was a experienced whore but wouldn't rank up no matter how many times I tried and then I looked into it 'cause I thought it was the last rank but apparenty it wasnt so how many times does it take to get to the last rank of whore? (cause it earns a lot of money :) )

*edit*

I also have a question: 

Is there a way to cure syphillis because my succabus got it when she was seducing people

The game has an event that can trigger that can cure Syphillis. I only account for the Lover's Pox (herpes) presently in the mod. I'll look to include more disease cleansing (and perhaps causing) in the future.

The offering yourself up if you're a prisoner might be present still in the remaining parts of nadamod that are still within the game. I've not tested that functionality, as I don't get caught (at least not yet).

A lot of of the events require certain criteria, and a lot of them are actually behind the scenes stuff that takes place. Many of the succubus abilities require you to have multiple Blood Moon celebrations, which is a decision available under the Intrigue area when you become a succubus. As you begin to rank up as a succubus, it makes available additional targeted decisions, and some more random events. Others are set to only happen one in a period over a set number of years, while others want different triggers.

I think that's part of nadamod / Christianity.

Both Christianity and Dark World presently include nadamod to different degrees. Thus one of the causes of some occasional duplication if you run both our mods. The duplication will be reduced in the future though as I continue to absorb different parts of nadamod.

Huh, I guess it has something to do with my game. The only other mod I run Dark World with is Underhanded Tactics. Or maybe it was just a one time glitch. I'm gonna do more testing then.

On another note, as I recall Nadamod had trouble with Absolute Cognatic succession. It removed adult female heirs from the line of succession by adding them chest traits. I'm asking about it here because, as you said, Nadamod is discontinued.

Good question. I don't see anything in the chest giving code that would cause that, and I usually drive towards Absolute Cognatic, which seems to work. The only time it seems to break is if I trigger a major change in scope, like going from tribal to feudal (it resets to the default feudal inheritance scheme), or if I change from a duchy to a kingdom it'll do a reset as well (which is a pain). I experience this without any mods as well, so I believe it's part of the CK2 experience. The only oddity I've noticed when testing is on my one immortal character test play I just did where I went to where my kids were dying out (to test and see if the image changed), and once I had about 8 or so kids, it'd start declaring I had a new heir whenever I added or loss territory, or when someone of my dynasty died - even if they weren't the heir at that time. Of course it could have been a number of issues, from size of family, to being immortal, to just being the pain that is gavel-kind. I'll keep an eye on it in my next test run on Thursday night, since I didn't know it was a potential issue.

I'm not certain what's taking so long for v0.30 to get cleared through the site's moderator approval thingy, so I've attached v0.30 above.

My idea on tracking virgin (which likely not work since I don't know how CK2 modding and system work) is to put 

'virgin' trait which will be lose if that character is [marry, rape, work as prostitute, trigger hunter focus event]. Just add little script after those event to remove the trait.

Actually, was the vanilla has any 'sex' record? (to track who is the father, etc).

and would those mystical things be included in 0.40? They sound really awesome.

It tracks who your parents are, and will maintain behind the scenes who your real father is if you're a bastard and don't know it. But nothing that says "Sue just got porked."

There are of course events that trigger sex encounters, but there isn't a way to hook into those without modifying the core event files. So it's technically possible, but the issue is if I do that, then I've just vastly increased the odds of having a mod conflict with another mod, and that the mod will break when there is a new update made. That's why I'm avoiding messing with the core files at this time (I do plan on messing with them at some point and packaging as a separate mod, so if there is an update, you could hopefully turn off the core file one and still function with Dark World while I work on the changes to the core files).

And if I slap it on a kid, I believe it will stunt their growth as the game would count that trait against their overall development number (the game basically says "does this kid have 5 traits yet? if not fire another event, if they do, then don't fire".

It's still on my list to explore further though, as I'd like to have things where if you use a virgin (such as for a sacrifice) that the results are better (more prestige, perhaps a short window buff from the power you fed).

Regarding the more supernatural content in v0.40. Probably not to the scope you're hoping for. I posted the release notes a few posts back and I'm testing it presently and I don't foresee adding more to it, since I did find 4 little annoyances to clean up and 1 actual error in my testing.

If anything gets added that isn't on the release notes for v0.40, it'll probably be a couple slave events, because this update started out as preparing things for that aspect of the mod.

Archived